G2 Continuation Ideas?
Posted Mar 29 2018 - 12:24 AM
My question: How do YOU think the story of G2 should've continued, if it wasn't axed?
Posted Apr 14 2018 - 09:01 PM
Posted Apr 15 2018 - 06:13 PM
Much of the story would revolve around Makuta, who would try to find a way out of the shadow dimension, and as stated in JTO, this would be achieved by combining all elements, of which would be rare in the shadow dimension.
Makuta (being Makuta) would develop an army in order to compete with existing inhabitants who remain against their raids of territories in search of every element.
The nature of the shadow dimension can be described as: dark, mind bending (literally and figuratively), defying standard physics, containing many connected ancient secrets, hidden threats, illusions, dangerous, desolate.
Makuta was corrupted by their own dark spirt, which was split from their light (light and dark, figuratively), and took over. In order for Makuta’s spirit to be balanced, they must completely destroy the mask of ultimate power, but at the cost of releasing enough energy to merge both realms, disturbing the gods referenced in their speach in JTO.
This is keeping it extremely brief.
Posted Apr 16 2018 - 04:55 PM
Just hypothetically, 2016's story could've gone mostly unchanged up until the portal to the shadow realm being opened and Umarak being destroyed The Toa realize they can unite their elements to close the portal and protect Okoto from invasion, but only from the inside. They and Ekimu resolve to enter the portal and take the fight to Makuta. The next story arc would then begin with the Toa either in hiding or on the run in the shadow realm. Makuta needs to capture them and strip them of their elemental energies to escape and wants revenge on his brother.
Not sure where the story goes from that point. There are loads of possibilities:
- Maybe the Toa's energies are corrupted from being in the Shadow Realm and they transform into whatever their new forms for that year would be?
- Maybe their weapons are damaged beyond repair by the energy needed to close the portal and they need to scavenge new ones?
- Or maybe their armor and weapons simply no longer work in the shadow realm like they did in Okoto and Ekimu has to make them new masks, armor and weapons with a special shadow realm material?
- Maybe they discover a resistance movement of Okotans whose ancestors were trapped in the shadow realm during the Great Cataclysm but refused to bow down to Makuta's reign?
- Maybe the missing half of the Mask of Time is hidden somewhere in the shadow realm but Makuta has never been able to find it?
- And maybe Ekimu secretly brought Okoto's Mask of Time with him when he crossed over?
- What if the final confrontation with Makuta involves the present-day Makuta and Ekimu having to go BACK IN TIME to before the Great Cataclysm — with Ekimu trying to protect the Mask of Ultimate Power from being worn by anybody, and the present-day Makuta trying to make the Cataclysm shake out in his favor so that he can freely conquer Okoto?
- Maybe Makuta has recruited spooky new allies in the Shadow Realm? I know The Journey to One reused Elemental Beasts, Skull Warriors, etc. for his forces but this was probably more due to budget than anything.
- Maybe the new enemies have a vampiric theme like in 2008?
- Or maybe an eldritch/alien, "black fantasy" vibe sort of like this or these?
- Maybe the Toa's new armor could have sort of a stealthy ninja vibe for slipping through the shadows? Or a post-apoc vibe to tie in with their desperate plight?
- Design-wise, the Toa's default masks could be their primary colors blended with Titanium Metallic to signify corruption or loss of power, and they could be seeking out new masks that are warm gold blended with glow white that will allow them to fight back against the shadows!
- Wow, this topic really got me thinking. It's really fun feeling this inspired. Thanks for starting such a thought-provoking topic!
Edited by Aanchir, Apr 16 2018 - 05:23 PM.
Posted Apr 17 2018 - 05:31 PM
0 user(s) are browsing this forum
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users