Official BBC Contest #75: It's Time to Dual!

One member, one entry. That's how it's gone since the beginning of forever. Okay, sometimes it's one member, multiple entries. But the point is it's always been every builder for themselves.

Until now.

For this special occasion, the 75th official BBC contest, you will team up with another member and together, you will create two MOCs that complement each other perfectly. You've got free rein of what those MOCs are, but they must go together. Agreement: the first, and perhaps greatest, challenge.

You can only enter once, so pick your partner wisely. You'll have an extended entry period, because two weeks is a tight deadline when you're waiting on someone's response. And should you succeed in not only cooperating, but winning the contest? You'll both receive The Art of Bionicle, generously provided by Nick Vas and LEGO.

So don't be shy and buddy up already: it's time to dual!

-------------------------

You have from now until Sunday, May 27th to submit your entries. To submit your entries, just use this handy form. Only one entry per pair, please.

Voting:

Preliminary Voting begins May 29th and ends June 1st at 11:59 P.M. EST.
Final Voting begins June 1st and ends June 3rd at 11:59 P.M. EST.
The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on June 5th.

Rules:

1) Entries may not have been posted on BZPower prior to the start of the contest. It can be posted anywhere else before the contest, but it must never have been seen before on BZPower. Once entered, entries cannot be modified: you're committed to what you've entered. If you withdraw your entry, you cannot enter again that contest. If your entry is disqualified, you cannot enter again that contest.

2) Painted parts, non-LEGO parts, and parts edited in Photoshop are not permitted and will disqualify you. All other LEGO pieces are permitted, but the entry must be at least 75% Bionicle/Hero Factory/Technic.

3) Keep it clean, keep it civil. No flaming, no whining. Unsporting conduct will just get you disqualified.

4) Campaigning for votes (mass-PMing, etc), using multiple accounts to skew voting, and sundry other methods of cheating are only going to end in tears for you. Trust us: we'll know when you're doing it.

---------------------------------------

Prizes:

The first place winners will both receive a copy of The Art of BIONICLE. The second place finishers will both receive a Toa (Lewa, Onua, or Kopaka) and matching Protector of their choice. The third place finishers will both receive a Skull Slicer, Basher, or Scorpio of their choice.. Thanks to Nick Vas and LEGO for the prizes!

---------------------------------------

Contest Host:

Tufi Piyufi

Well, what are you waiting for? Put your heads together!

• Upvote 8
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Hmm, an interesting idea.

Edited by Vinheim Maran (Vox)

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Wow wow those incredible artbooks are a heck of a good prize! 

Super cool contest theme!  But man, now I feel like I gotta make a speed dating thread to find someone good to partner up with.  And then figure out how to build in perfect harmony over the internet.  This won't be an easy one.

Shad

This is the most interesting contest brief I have ever encountered! I'm baffled as to how this wasn't thought of before :D

I'll definitely be participating... subject to finding the right partner, of course!

Side note: the second-place prizes are much more of interest to me tbh  :P

:tohu:

• Upvote 1

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Just for clarification, I presume the two mocs don't actually have to be shot together, like in person? Photoshopping them together would be allowed?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Sounds fun!

... And I suppose we aren't having a third winner-only contest because there would only be two entries? :P

Surprisingly enough, sixteen years of contest history isn't very conducive to a winners' reunion. Besides, a little change is always fun.

Just for clarification, I presume the two mocs don't actually have to be shot together, like in person? Photoshopping them together would be allowed?

I'm working on the entry form now, but I will be asking for two separate entry pictures, one for each half. You definitely don't have to have both MOCs in the same place or anything.

Also: would a 'partner wanted' topic be of any interest to you guys?

• Upvote 2

I'm working on the entry form now, but I will be asking for two separate entry pictures, one for each half. You definitely don't have to have both MOCs in the same place or anything.

Also: would a 'partner wanted' topic be of any interest to you guys?

So can we also have the option to photoshop them into a single picture?  Might be good for presenting how the two models "complement each other perfectly".  

And I'd love a matchmaking topic.  We can put other stuff like galleries of our past work, skills (like photoshop), or frequency of availability to help us find people with compatible styles.  

It definitely would seem like a topic for folks to find partners for the contest would be helpful. Probably would be more efficient than the route I took to find my partner.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Ah, a partner-based BBC might be just what I need to get me out of a creative rut.  Count me in.

Also, yeah, a matchmaking topic might be nice.

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Do both halves of the team-up need to be BZP members? I mean, the partner I have in mind can just sign up now, but would that be an issue that they weren't members beforehand?

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

One member, one entry. That's how it's gone since the beginning of forever. Okay, sometimes it's one member, multiple entries. But the point is it's always been every builder for themselves.

Until now.

For this special occasion, the 75th official BBC contest, you will team up with another member and together, you will create two MOCs that complement each other perfectly. You've got free rein of what those MOCs are, but they must go together. Agreement: the first, and perhaps greatest, challenge.

You can only enter once, so pick your partner wisely. You'll have an extended entry period, because two weeks is a tight deadline when you're waiting on someone's response. And should you succeed in not only cooperating, but winning the contest? You'll both receive The Art of Bionicle, generously provided by Nick Vas and LEGO.

Can we team up with in person building friends? They usually visit as a guest, but i'm sure they'd be happy to create an account for such an awesome chance. I guess I'm asking whether partnering with a brand new member to bzpower is allowed. 

I only build MOCs with my in person friends, and don't really have any online MOC friends. So if not, then a matchmaking area would be awesome! 

Edited by jchavoya
  • Upvote 1

This sounds like an awesome contest with fantastic prizes! ^_^ This may be the first contest (other than BftGM) that I enter on BZP!

Until now.

Can we team up with in person building friends? They usually visit as a guest, but i'm sure they'd be happy to create an account for such an awesome chance. I guess I'm asking whether partnering with a brand new member to bzpower is allowed. 

I only build MOCs with my in person friends, and don't really have any online MOC friends. So if not, then a matchmaking area would be awesome! 

Do both halves of the team-up need to be BZP members? I mean, the partner I have in mind can just sign up now, but would that be an issue that they weren't members beforehand?

^^  I have the same question.  Hopefully this gets answered soon.

~Daler

So can we also have the option to photoshop them into a single picture?  Might be good for presenting how the two models "complement each other perfectly".  

And I'd love a matchmaking topic.  We can put other stuff like galleries of our past work, skills (like photoshop), or frequency of availability to help us find people with compatible styles.

I'll see what I can do.

Yes, both partners have to be BZP members.

Yes, I’d definitely second the interest in a matchmaking topic. That would be a great help!

And thirded... or fourthed... or however I can emphasize my agreement.

Sounds fun. Sounds challenging. Guess I need to plead for a partner since my Flickr and Brickshelf accounts haven't been updated in who knows how long...

Very interesting contest idea, this should be loads of fun!

Just a question about the entry pic thing. Say the two builds are made to combine physically in some way, would it be alright to have a picture of the two MOCs together, combined as an entry?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone want to duel team with me?

Weird. I didn't get a notification that you quoted me a few days ago. Unfortunately, I have a partner that I am excited to work with. In the spirit of friendly competition, here's a link to the matchmaking thread http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/26217-bbc-contest-75-matchmaking-topic/ I found my partner here  :)  

As much as I want the artbook (I was pretty bummed I couldn't win one myself originally), I wish you good luck, and I hope you find a good partner.

Very interesting contest idea, this should be loads of fun!

Just a question about the entry pic thing. Say the two builds are made to combine physically in some way, would it be alright to have a picture of the two MOCs together, combined as an entry?

Yes.

Is one of the two MOCs allowed to consist of several unconnected elements (such as an army of creatures or a collection of buildings, for example)?

Yes.

Well, I don't really care too much about the art book,but me be eyeing on that Onua or Skull Basher.

Good news for me is that I'm finish with my half of the entry, I just need to wait for my partner to finish his half, than "We'll be waiting for you at the finish line".

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Me and my brother both have accounts. Is it against the rules for two people living in the same house to enter together?

Yes, that's fine.

So official LEGO stickers are allowed to "edit" parts, correct?

Yes.

Okay, so, I was originally going to call this an extension, but it was brought to my attention I kinda forgot to actually list an entry period closing date in the first place. Either way...

The entry period now closes on May 27, at 11:59 PM Eastern!

I had a feeling ending it this week wouldn't be enough time for a lot of people, so I'm happy to give you all until the end of May to make your submissions. Thanks for being part of this grand experiment!

Okay, so, I was originally going to call this an extension, but it was brought to my attention I kinda forgot to actually list an entry period closing date in the first place. Either way...

The entry period now closes on May 27, at 11:59 PM Eastern!

I had a feeling ending it this week wouldn't be enough time for a lot of people, so I'm happy to give you all until the end of May to make your submissions. Thanks for being part of this grand experiment!

Thankyou! hopefully i find a partner soon...

Hey! I'm Ivan and I love Bionicle, but I am sure yall do too. :P

http://www.moc-pages.com/home.php/128635

The increase in time seems a bit excessive.

Edited by Voxumo
  • Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Okay, so, I was originally going to call this an extension, but it was brought to my attention I kinda forgot to actually list an entry period closing date in the first place. Either way...The entry period now closes on May 27, at 11:59 PM Eastern!

Thank goodness! I think my partner abandoned me...for the past month, they were very responsive and responded every day with progress, updates, or suggestions. They haven't responded in the past week though...I was starting to get very worried that this meant I was auto-disqualified since I had no partner! That artbook is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen though, so it's nice to hear I still have some hope in getting it!