No more Toa? Or possible future Toa? (G1)

( This is my first time starting a new topic, so if I did something wrong or posted this in the wrong section or something of the sort, please take it easy on me lol  :bigsmile: )

So, as we all know in the ending of bionicle G1, Makuta's head is blown open by a moon, mata nui restores Spherus Magna, and everyone lives happily ever after, Toa, Matoran, Agori, Glatorian etc. We also know that a matoran can be transformed into a toa in the right conditions, in example: if given a toa stone.

But now that the whole fight against Makuta is over, do you think that matoran could or would want to become toa for any other reason including that they might just want to do it for "fun", or to get a power boost, since they might not have as much work anymore as they used to? And to add on to that, would they and the existing toa even have anything to do anymore aside from sparring with each other or 

other glatorian and fooling around etc, and would anyone actually want them around ?

Is it possible that more toa could come in to existence from pre existing matoran in the current state of the Bionicle world (Spherus Magna)?

Do you think they would need to? And if so, Why?

I know I might be asking too much questions for just one post (and if so I apologize), but I would love to hear your opinions.

• Upvote 1

That's actually a really good question, one I don't think has been brought up before (not to my knowledge, anyway). 

Well, the elemental powers of Toa would be one advantage. Sure, Spherus Magna has been restored, but that doesn't mean all the Agori cities and towns are back to their former glory. The Matoran would be able to make quick work of that, but Toa would be much better, having the ability to summon just the right rocks from the ground, reshape the layers of sediment to provide a good spot to lay down a foundation, help locate and dig up wells, etc. 

But, would the Matoran/Toa want to be used as a labor force? Probably not. So, is there a use for them? Yes. Are they necessary? No. Now that they no longer need to worry about the integrity of the Matoran Universe, I don't think there is any reason for any more to become Toa. Sure, there might be a small handful out there that are destined to transform, because you never know when a little civil war might break out some time in the distant future.

But in general? No, I really don't think so. Having never thought about it this way before, I don't know what else to say.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Yeah, I see what you mean with everything being pretty much settled at this point, only leaving re construction to be done which Toa aren't really needed for. However, according to biosector 1 and the cannon story line, weren't there survivors of the mata nui vs makuta giant robot war / actual final battle that were part of Makuta's forces (such as the rakshi stars and skakdi aka piraka stars) who were later imprisoned by the Toa and agori ? Although I don't really think they would have any reason to, it could be a possibility that they might choose to revolt and more toa than the ones present may be needed? And the Skrall and dark hunters and even the Shadowed one are still a thing according to Biosector 1 so maybe they could be ableto pose a threat, albiet a small one?

But yeah asides from whatever criminals are left, I see why there wouldn't be a that much of a reason to have more Toa, aside from maybe a few Matoran either being destined to become toa or simply fascinated by the idea of becoming one.

I considered the Skrall, but kinda forgot about the masses of Dark Hunters and other races in the MU. To be fair, now the Order of Mata Nui is out in the open, and they might be more willing to get involved and help keep the bad guys at bay.

I'm sure at some point, more Toa would be needed, but for what, I cannot say.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I see no reason that Toa could be anything other than useful at this point. The Spherus Magna natives and Matoran Universe natives are working on creating a new society, and it's not gonna be easy. If there's going to be unity, and peace, someone has to keep everyone in line. Toa would be useful for this. Miserix and TSO are still a threat, and the current Toa have some experience dealing with Dark Hunters and Makuta. They could train new Toa to be able to handle these threats.

Weren't they also planning a civil war involving the Great Beings before the line got cancelled? Another situation in which Toa would be useful.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

I see no reason that Toa could be anything other than useful at this point. The Spherus Magna natives and Matoran Universe natives are working on creating a new society, and it's not gonna be easy. If there's going to be unity, and peace, someone has to keep everyone in line. Toa would be useful for this. Miserix and TSO are still a threat, and the current Toa have some experience dealing with Dark Hunters and Makuta. They could train new Toa to be able to handle these threats.

Weren't they also planning a civil war involving the Great Beings before the line got cancelled? Another situation in which Toa would be useful.

I agree with this since in a way, the actual struggle/fight for the matoran/toa/agori/glatorian wasn't really ended with the death of Teridax, it was just the beginning to probably one of the most important battles that they would have yet. And the civil war against the great beings is another great point as to why even more stronger toa would be needed. 

So in the end, the fight isn't actually over, it's just the beginning to an even larger one, (and imo, probably against threat that would be must more dangerous seeing as it's against the great beings and all, who I would assume would be much greater than Teridax in terms of raw strength and power.

It really is a shame that we'll never get to see Lego or the bionicle team (if there even is one anymore) explore this great continuation that G1 could have had.

Well, the great beings are just essentially highly intelligent Glatorian, so I doubt they could match up to Teridax as a threat by themselves.

However, they are also capable of creating beings that can do the fighting for them, beings just as powerful as Teridax, or worse.

I’m not sure the war would involve Toa fighting Great Beings specifically, though. I envision it more like different factions siding with different Great Beings (consider that Velika already has people loyal to him, and he doesn’t agree with what the Great Beings originally planned).

Just read up on Biosector 1 about the great beings, yeah your right. There's quite a few of them with a bunch of different people following each individual great being, so I could see this as becoming a super complicated war. 

Congrats on starting your first topic!

So, first of all: Matoran can only become Toa if they are destined to. So, even if a Toa was willing to give a portion of their Toa energy to a Matoran that just wanted to be a Toa "for fun," the Matoran would not transformed if it wasn't their destiny.

As others have said, though, there is reason to think that there could be future events that would necessitate the help of new Toa, so it's very possible that there are other Matoran in existence destined to become Toa. Many of the villains of the MU are still around, and likely wouldn't change their ways on Spherus Magnua. So heroes would still be needed.

I will say that I'm not sure it's any Matoran's destiny to become a Toa to help stop the Great Being war, since stopping it was going to be Takanuva's destiny (as stated by Greg).

sigbanner.gif

So, first of all: Matoran can only become Toa if they are destined to. So, even if a Toa was willing to give a portion of their Toa energy to a Matoran that just wanted to be a Toa "for fun," the Matoran would not transformed if it wasn't their destiny.

As others have said, though, there is reason to think that there could be future events that would necessitate the help of new Toa, so it's very possible that there are other Matoran in existence destined to become Toa. Many of the villains of the MU are still around, and likely wouldn't change their ways on Spherus Magnua. So heroes would still be needed.

I will say that I'm not sure it's any Matoran's destiny to become a Toa to help stop the Great Being war, since stopping it was going to be Takanuva's destiny (as stated by Greg).

Thanks!

And, as I see how it is Takanuva's Destiny to stop the war (which I did not know prior to you mentioning it), I never really understood the whole destiny thing with matoran becoming toa, Were all the matoran that were ever going to be made (because I'm pretty sure they still manufacture matoran for specific jobs in factories or something) have their destinies already predetermined? and if so, is it by the Great Beings? Does any random Matoran get it written in their destiny that they will need to become a toa should the situation/need arise? If that is the case, is it possible that new destinies could be made for new matoran or existing ones since most of the old enemies are alive and well, and with Teridax out of the way, people like Misirex and TSO are free to do what they please?

Thanks!

And, as I see how it is Takanuva's Destiny to stop the war (which I did not know prior to you mentioning it), I never really understood the whole destiny thing with matoran becoming toa, Were all the matoran that were ever going to be made (because I'm pretty sure they still manufacture matoran for specific jobs in factories or something) have their destinies already predetermined? and if so, is it by the Great Beings? Does any random Matoran get it written in their destiny that they will need to become a toa should the situation/need arise? If that is the case, is it possible that new destinies could be made for new matoran or existing ones since most of the old enemies are alive and well, and with Teridax out of the way, people like Misirex and TSO are free to do what they please?

Destiny has always been a bit confusing in Bionicle, and getting too far into questions about it will likely only leave you more confused than when you started, unfortunately.

Specifically in regard to Matoran becoming Toa: all Matoran destined to become Toa already have latent Toa Power within them, it just has to be activated (I've personally never cared for this, but it's canon). So there is a physical difference between Matoran that can become Toa and those that can't.

I believe it was stated that the destiny of MU inhabitants is determined by Mata Nui at the time of their creation, but I've never been sure how far that extends (how much of what a person does in their lifetime is considered part of their "destiny"?). And that does raise the question: if a Matoran is created after Mata Nui is gone, who determines their destiny? Does anyone? Is there any chance they could be destined to be a Toa? I don't know.

Regarding your last question: I don't believe someone's destiny can ever be re-written. If a Matoran was not destined to become a Toa at the time of their creation, they never will. But, it was Mata Nui's destiny to return to Spherus Magna, so it's certainly possible for there to be Matoran destined to become Toa after that happened.

sigbanner.gif

• 2 years later...

-Didn't mean to necro, pls delete and pls forgive-

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Some of these comments kind of make me wonder about the story implications of matoran created outside of the destiny of Mata Nui. Is it better to have a defined purpose, or have the potential to do anything? I can see a predestination discussion surfacing here, and it's really a shame that we didn't get to see the story's conclusion.

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i:

• 2 weeks later...

It’s not a huge stretch to assume that the matoran-making facilities could be moved or recreated on Sphereus Magna. The question is, who decides to make new Matoran, and why? If a Turaga  commissions a new batch of Matoran, is he responsible for them? Do they still have a duty to work for him? Are they allowed some time to “grow up” and explore possibilities before they’re expected to choose a career?

Also, the Makuta claimed that Av-Matoran had a higher chance of becoming Toa than other types, so the future of the Toa population is actually looking very... bright.

... I’ll see myself out...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

20 hours ago, Alyska said:

The question is, 1) who decides to make new Matoran, and 2) why? 3) If a Turaga  commissions a new batch of Matoran, is he responsible for them? 4) Do they still have a duty to work for him? 5) Are they allowed some time to “grow up” and explore possibilities before they’re expected to choose a career?

Also, the Makuta claimed that Av-Matoran had a higher chance of becoming Toa than other types, so the future of the Toa population is actually looking very... bright.

... I’ll see myself out...

Going off of what Greg has said before..
1) The Turaga 
2) If more Matoran are needed to get a job done
3) Not sure what you mean by responsible
4) Their duty is whatever they were created to do
5) Probably not. They start with all the knowledge they need to do whatever task they were created for. They do not choose their careers, not at first anyway. 

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Turaga also order a new Matoran if one of the old ones has died. Before anyone mentions the Red Star, it seems that a being is rarely sent to their original home. The fact that you can be revived after dying doesn’t even seem to be common knowledge; when a character dies, everyone they know seems to have a “he’s gone forever” type reaction to it. Not to mention Gaardus, who only knew about the Red Star because he himself was resurrected by it, had to hunt down the Nynrah Ghosts he killed every time they were revived.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

• 10 months later...