Hero Factory 5.0

Biohistorian

Assuming that by 5.0 you mean 2013, (Since it seems Breakout is going to be last the whole year) I want a whole new team of heroes, since the current nine have enough sets as is.I don't have much for names or weapons, but as far as colors go I want heroes in azure, purple, non-lime green, and sand colors. Unusual metallic colors would be most welcome as well.

AXKP5KC.png

The prototype pics (Stage 1 or 2) have already been released. Unfotunately, there are no repeats from the winter, and no new characters.Though I do wish they made Thresher as a set. And maybe a brown Hero. Mata brown, that is.

Edited by Zarohum

The summer wave will probably be the four heroes not released in the winter wave and yet another Furno, or possibly a new (hopefully purple and female) Hero.The next, non-Breakout wave, assuming one exists, I'm hoping will be all new Heroes.Ideally, including a gunmetal, a teal, a mata green, and a purple (If there's not one in Breakout... even if there is one in Breakout) Hero.

Agreed. I believe we have too many male sets. More females would be nice. Especially for a villain.

DITTO! The Hero Factory needs to be an equal-employment institution.I also hope they do something a little more ambitious. HF seems like it's basically got itself into a groove and is just cranking out sets based on the same formula. I hope they mix up the building scheme up a bit and give us something different.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

The prototype pics (Stage 1 or 2) have already been released. Unfotunately, there are no repeats from the winter, and no new characters.Though I do wish they made Thresher as a set. And maybe a brown Hero. Mata brown, that is.

Brown and tan sets did not sell during the bionicle days that is why Toa Hewki was Silver and Pohatu Phantoka was orange. Now if they put out a Mata Gree set I'll be all over that.

...and is just cranking out sets based on the same formula.

It is Hero Factory.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I'd like the "5.0" sets to have two new heroes, with four of the old heroes. Them being Rocka, Breez, Preston, Nex, and the new ones. Off-topic:

I doubt there'll be a 5.0 line, but I could be wrong.Personally, I'd like a purple and gold or green and gold Hero. Kudos if you get my references. (HINT- One is football, the other is farm equipment).

The Vikings and 4H?

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Agreed. I believe we have too many male sets. More females would be nice. Especially for a villain.

DITTO! The Hero Factory needs to be an equal-employment institution.I also hope they do something a little more ambitious. HF seems like it's basically got itself into a groove and is just cranking out sets based on the same formula. I hope they mix up the building scheme up a bit and give us something different.-don't touch my pocket protector
Jawblade doesn't seem to be based on the same formula, being the first fish-based character so far. Toxic Reapa's torso armor is almost entirely custom, and Thornraxx's entire build is custom. The basic torso beam is being reused a lot, but unless you want to go back to clunky specialized torsos then it's about as basic as it can get. So I don't know what you mean by sets being"based on the same formula".Anyway, isn't this a dupe topic of this? I guess this one's a bit broader since it could refer to villains as well, but that's basically the only difference between the two topics.One thing's for sure: I doubt there will ever be a "5.0" wave because the numbering system from before has pretty effectively been cancelled, as far as I can tell. The "4.0" and "5.0" stuff annoys me about as much as when people call a set "Tahu Stars", when "2010 Tahu" would be shorter to type and less ridiculous-sounding.

Yeah. with females, HF is worse than Bionicle's 1 in 6. Hero Factory has 2. The crabby news reporter, and Breez (And the Waspix, if she counts.), and let's see... I count 27 guys (31 counting Quatros animals.). Really? 27 to 2, or 31 to 3? I like the new system, and I hope it doesn't go anywhere, though I do wish it was a little more compatible with Bionicle.

DITTO! The Hero Factory needs to be an equal-employment institution.
Why, in the name of all fuzzy tomatoes, do robots even need genders anyway?The only thing I can think of is this: If LEGO makes the sets androgynous, they will undoubtably all be heralded as male anyway. Better to have female robots - which makes as much sense as having male robots - than to have feisty female folks furiously fustigating LEGO. The controversy over the Friends line should be enough to keep LEGO from considering that possibility - plus, androgynous robots would be rather hard to design. I guess it's human nature to categorize human-like things as male or female. That mindset abounds in the languages of non-English cultures, in form of masculine and feminine pronouns.Aside from making more sense realistically, I would very much welcome more females. They are under-represented by a large margin.As a final note, when was the last time a female set looked ... well, female? Breez, in any incarnation, looks positively male, and Waspix is just sort of a gross-looking hybrid that they decided to call female. Going back to BIONICLE's latter years, Kiina was sort of female, and I applaud the designers for their efforts, but she was all we got, as far as feminine sets, in that year.Back to 2008, then: Gali Nuva was so ugly, they had to conceal her face with a freaking waffle iron, Gorast looked like the wife of The Fly, and Gavla looked like a vampire. From Twilight. (Adding insult to injury there. Wham.) In 2007, Hahli was only barely remotely female looking, and in 2006 she had facial hair. Not just any facial hair, but a handlebar mustache. (I thought the Calix was much more feminine mask, by the way.) Even the set widely regarded as most feminine in BIONICLE's ten years of fame - Roodaka - had breasts that, as Tufi Piyufi pointed out, are going the wrong way. Again, it was a good effort on the part of the designers, but it ended up looking kind of freaky.My point is, with constraction figures, it's hard to make female sets with parts from male sets. I cannot think of a time when a new mold was cast specifically to make a set look female - why would they do that for less than a sixth of the sets? - so the designers had to make females out of male parts. Even the best MOCists have a hard time making female sets without resorting to the easy "femaleifying" tactics of sticking a pair of Nuva shoulder armor parts onto its chest. They either look like pectorals or implants, or both. Ick.The underlying cause, then, would not be in the set designers. If we all want female sets - and I think it's safe to say that we all do - then we need to realize that, until or if the designers make female parts, that we'll be left with token so-called "female" sets that look, in some fashion, to be more masculine than the sets that are purported to be male.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Let's agree to disagree about female sets-- I think Breez looks plenty feminine in most of her incarnations. In the very least she's gender-neutral in most of them. I also think there are many feminine characteristics of female BIONICLE sets, and while they in general tended to skew masculine, there was definitely design effort put towards making them at least gender-neutral in many cases. I feel the Kanohi Elda, Toa Inika Hahli's mask, was the most feminine of the Toa Inika masks (the tubing on her face never resembled a mustache to me).Also, there are several other female characters in the Hero Factory story. There are many female Heroes we never see in the show or sets, as well as Lucy, an operator in the Call Center, and Raven Su, the chief scientist at the Makuhero University Research Facility. I would like to see more female characters as well, but considering the theme is a constraction theme and female action figures tend to sell poorly, I don't have the highest hopes.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Jawblade doesn't seem to be based on the same formula, being the first fish-based character so far. Toxic Reapa's torso armor is almost entirely custom, and Thornraxx's entire build is custom. The basic torso beam is being reused a lot, but unless you want to go back to clunky specialized torsos then it's about as basic as it can get. So I don't know what you mean by sets being"based on the same formula".
I was mainly talking about the Heros' build. After 2.0, they all seem to be the same.

Why, in the name of all fuzzy tomatoes, do robots even need genders anyway?The only thing I can think of is this: If LEGO makes the sets androgynous, they will undoubtably all be heralded as male anyway. Better to have female robots - which makes as much sense as having male robots - than to have feisty female folks furiously fustigating LEGO. The controversy over the Friends line should be enough to keep LEGO from considering that possibility - plus, androgynous robots would be rather hard to design. I guess it's human nature to categorize human-like things as male or female. That mindset abounds in the languages of non-English cultures, in form of masculine and feminine pronouns.
Well, Lego wants people to connect to the characters, and I don't see how you can really do that by having to refer to them as "it" all the time. "It" is a toothbrush, or a lampstand, or a chair, not a character. They wanted to make the characters seem more "human" by giving them genders. However, if you have "he's" then also need "she's".I think that the only way for Lego to make female constraction sets is for either 12-year-old girls to show a marked interest in the line, or for 12-year-old-boys to demonstrate that they are willing to purchase female-looking sets. We can cry and moan and beg all we want for female sets, but at the end of the day, it's the kids that Lego is targetting. I just don't know how those kids can demonstrate their willingness to buy those sets without Lego first making them, which Lego is not willing to do unless the kids first demonstrate their willingness to buy them. It's something of a Catch-22.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

I was mainly talking about the Heros' build. After 2.0, they all seem to be the same.

Hero Factory.

You are their rock.

I also hope they do something a little more ambitious. HF seems like it's basically got itself into a groove and is just cranking out sets based on the same formula. I hope they mix up the building scheme up a bit and give us something different.-don't touch my pocket protector

Jawblade doesn't seem to be based on the same formula, being the first fish-based character so far. Toxic Reapa's torso armor is almost entirely custom, and Thornraxx's entire build is custom. The basic torso beam is being reused a lot, but unless you want to go back to clunky specialized torsos then it's about as basic as it can get. So I don't know what you mean by sets being"based on the same formula".
I accept the Heroes being simpler for a few reasons. One, presumably little kids like the simpler designs. Two, they often come with decent amounts of frame pieces and armor pieces for the MOCist who needs more of those. Three, the villains are sufficiently customised that I can accept the less customised Heroes more easily. If the set designers can only put so much effort into the sets, I'd rather have simpler Heroes and more complicated villains than having all the sets being slightly customised (I'm looking at you, Raw-Jaw)

The heroes, while more similar to one another than the villains, are still unique in the ways their armor is arranged. The new building system allows this to be done without introducing too many new parts in any one wave. And that's how I like it-- I really took issue with the standard a lot of people had with BIONICLE in which a new set wasn't truly "unique" unless they used brand-new, specialized body parts.Meanwhile, the heroes this year are diversifying a bit by having a range of sizes. Stormer seems to be the largest, given the TV episode clips that we've seen online, but meanwhile Breez, Rocka, and Furno are all larger than Surge and Evo, being "medium-sized" sets like the villains typically were in previous waves.I'm also happy some things, like the Hero Cores, stay about the same for all heroes in a team. This helps to show the characters are allied with one another, just as the eye colors did for 2008 BIONICLE sets (transparent fluorescent green for the good guys and transparent fluorescent reddish orange for the bad guys).

Further comments on design features for a future wave:

• [*]"Bulky" hero could use a Drilldozer-style torso in order to seem bulkier, obviously he'd be a larger set[*]The USS Defiant shaped armor piece could be attached to the backs of Heroes as armor (seriously, try it, it works and looks good)[*]More color variety, with more cool colors used (Teal and Purple especially)[*]Having varied framework colors, not just black, grey, and red.[*]More head colors (trans-red, trans-yellow, trans-light orange, trans-dark green, trans-dark blue, trans-electric blue, trans-purple)[*]Custom torso designs on the villains[*]More framework pieces[*]More larger sets, like the summer 2011 wave had

Hero name/personality/role/description ideas:

• [*]Julia Shard - Purple-armored, female team leader. Crystal-themed equipment, wields ray gun and shield[*]Teal-armored, female medic[*]Gunmetal-armored, bulky, warrior with red frame pieces. Wields a large blaster.

Well, if there was a 5.0 line that had all same but 1 new I would have it be.....(the 5.0s would have ulti- in front of their names)Ulti-RockaUlti-BulkUlti-StringerUlti-BreezUlti-Evo*Ulti-Force*New guyIt would be interesting in my opinion, but I would prefer new heroes, like if there's an alpha team, there has to be a Beta team...

Edited by Ultimate StarsSaberBee 823

Percussion is love. 

I'd like to not see Rocka in 2013.

You are their rock.

Assuming that by 5.0 you mean 2013, (Since it seems Breakout is going to be last the whole year) I want a whole new team of heroes, since the current nine have enough sets as is.I don't have much for names or weapons, but as far as colors go I want heroes in azure, purple, non-lime green, and sand colors. Unusual metallic colors would be most welcome as well.

Agreed on everything you said.

I really like Preston Stormer. He's literally a boss. A muscley Stormer in Breakout large hero from would be sweet. An ice theme would be awesome, like with a grappling hook and some snowshoes. Yeah. Also, blades, axes, and hammers are great, but I don't like seeing functional launchers in every single set. I'm glad Toxic Reapa doesn't have one, and Jaw Blade, but still... Heroes need their hands to be useable, so don't go too far, Lego. Additionally, Bulk is sweet. I would buy a bulky Bulk with heavy artillery. Big guns and lots of armor. BULK. What I've seen of the summer Bulk looks great...On the topic of new heroes: -Hammer guy-Female-More XLs!-PLEAAAAASE stay under $10, Lego. It's nice to buy a good set with a ten-dollar bill.-Vehicles! Gooood ones.-Purple-Teal-Formidable villains with useable weaponry.

Takanuvasaurus

Why, in the name of all fuzzy tomatoes, do robots even need genders anyway?The only thing I can think of is this: If LEGO makes the sets androgynous, they will undoubtably all be heralded as male anyway. Better to have female robots - which makes as much sense as having male robots - than to have feisty female folks furiously fustigating LEGO. The controversy over the Friends line should be enough to keep LEGO from considering that possibility - plus, androgynous robots would be rather hard to design. I guess it's human nature to categorize human-like things as male or female. That mindset abounds in the languages of non-English cultures, in form of masculine and feminine pronouns.Aside from making more sense realistically, I would very much welcome more females. They are under-represented by a large margin.As a final note, when was the last time a female set looked ... well, female? Breez, in any incarnation, looks positively male, and Waspix is just sort of a gross-looking hybrid that they decided to call female. Going back to BIONICLE's latter years, Kiina was sort of female, and I applaud the designers for their efforts, but she was all we got, as far as feminine sets, in that year.Back to 2008, then: Gali Nuva was so ugly, they had to conceal her face with a freaking waffle iron, Gorast looked like the wife of The Fly, and Gavla looked like a vampire. From Twilight. (Adding insult to injury there. Wham.) In 2007, Hahli was only barely remotely female looking, and in 2006 she had facial hair. Not just any facial hair, but a handlebar mustache. (I thought the Calix was much more feminine mask, by the way.) Even the set widely regarded as most feminine in BIONICLE's ten years of fame - Roodaka - had breasts that, as Tufi Piyufi pointed out, are going the wrong way. Again, it was a good effort on the part of the designers, but it ended up looking kind of freaky.My point is, with constraction figures, it's hard to make female sets with parts from male sets. I cannot think of a time when a new mold was cast specifically to make a set look female - why would they do that for less than a sixth of the sets? - so the designers had to make females out of male parts. Even the best MOCists have a hard time making female sets without resorting to the easy "femaleifying" tactics of sticking a pair of Nuva shoulder armor parts onto its chest. They either look like pectorals or implants, or both. Ick.The underlying cause, then, would not be in the set designers. If we all want female sets - and I think it's safe to say that we all do - then we need to realize that, until or if the designers make female parts, that we'll be left with token so-called "female" sets that look, in some fashion, to be more masculine than the sets that are purported to be male.
Black Phantom's chestplate could theoretically be used for a more convincing female character. That's all I'm coming up with, though.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Black Phantom's chestplate could theoretically be used for a more convincing female character. That's all I'm coming up with, though.
If hey want to make the sets look female, then they will. They did that with Roodaka.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

• 2 weeks later...

They could make a group with an even gender divide, with half the team having more feminine-looking armour pieces and the other half with the standard, male parts. But seeing as the majority of Hero Factory fans are male, that probably wouldn't happen, which is annoying (Stupid kids and their cooties and whatnot...).

Also in a Hero Factory type of job (Police/ Military) there are more men than women.

You are their rock.

More main villains that are female.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Like everyone I'd want a new team, I'm getting tired of seeing multiple versions of Stormer and Bill. Wait, I mean Furno.Not sure about names. Frost and Tantalus, Hero MOCs of mine, would be cool as sets.Colors: I'd like to see darker green, teal, purple, tan, grey, and darker blue or red armor pieces. Brown would be awesome, but I doubt Lego will ever release this color in HF sets. :/Anyway, we need a new female Hero, a rogue Hero (Tantalus?), and a black Hero Core. And Bionicle pieces.About villains, I dunno, as long as they have interesting pieces. I'd like an Ice Villains theme with trans-light blue shell pieces though.

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

Well, 5.0 won't be coming until 2013 because summer will be a continuation of 4.0. But when 5.0 is released, I would expect MAJOR changes when looking at the pictures of 4.0 continuation (only 1 or 2 of the sets I saw looked like they would be good in my opinion). Using secondary colors for the body just doesn't work for me. Unless there's a second layer on the body plate (2.0 and 3.0 example), ONLY USE THE PRIMARY COLOR! Also, I don't want anymore throw-together not thinking about what they're building whatsoever sets.

I AM............. A ROCK N ROLL FAN!!!!!

Well, 5.0 won't be coming until 2013 because summer will be a continuation of 4.0. But when 5.0 is released, I would expect MAJOR changes when looking at the pictures of 4.0 continuation (only 1 or 2 of the sets I saw looked like they would be good in my opinion). Using secondary colors for the body just doesn't work for me. Unless there's a second layer on the body plate (2.0 and 3.0 example), ONLY USE THE PRIMARY COLOR! Also, I don't want anymore throw-together not thinking about what they're building whatsoever sets.

There have never been any "throw-together not thinking about what they're building whatsoever sets". A lot of design effort goes into all set designs. Even if the designers might be considering different factors than concern us personally (for instance, ease of building for younger or less talented builders, cost efficiency, versatility of pieces, etc.), they always put forth a lot of work into every set's design.

• 4 weeks later...