Old Lego Games on New PCs?

Would anyone be able to help me get some old Lego PC games running on Windows 10?

I'm thinking mainly Football Mania (or Soccer Mania, depending on your part of the world), though I suspect some of the other games may have this issue when I try them too. I just had a desire to play it again a couple of days ago, mainly for the old nostalgia (because, in spite of not being a sporty person at all, I loved that game when I was a kid); but while it installed insanely quickly on my Windows 10 gaming-quality laptop, it just... doesn't run at all beyond that. The launch screen comes up, I click 'play game', and...

Well, first it told me I needed to log in with administrator permissions to go any further. So I did 'run as administrator' from my computer, and just... nothing happened. Launch screen came up, I clicked play, the launch screen closed - and that was it. Did nothing further at all. I tried running it in various compatibility modes too; all with the same result.

Does anyone know if there's a solution to get it working?

For added reference, the game played okay some years ago on my previous Windows 7 desktop PC (albeit with a glitch in the save feature); but it just doesn't do anything at all on this computer. I know it might be a lost cause, it may just have to join the pile of numerous other old PC game disks I have that just got too old for increasingly modern machines... but I'd appreciate any help, all the same.

Thanks! ^^

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I'm afraid I don't know too much about this... but I do know who to ask!

The folks over at [REDACTED] are very good at figuring out how to run old LEGO games (like Rock Raiders or Soccer Mania) on newer computers.  If there's not already a topic for supporting Soccer Mania on Windows 10, you can always ask them yourself.  I'm sure they'll be able to help you out!

EDIT: I can no longer in good faith recommend this website. I am sorry.

Edited by PeabodySam
  • Upvote 1