Discussion: The Future Of Bzpower

Gatanui

You're misunderstanding Andrew's post. He's not saying that you're currently having a political conversation, he's saying the discussions about having political discussions should stop, since it's not going to ever happen, and so you're wasting your time.

And you're misunderstanding mine. I'm not asking for political discussion to be allowed. I'm asking for the staff to deal with it differently when certain areas of discussion do arise.- Tilius
When a member is intolerant of another member, whether it be for sexual orientation, religious belief, etc, on BZPower, BZP has made our official stance that we will not allow that type of behaviour. We have an official "we tolerate and respect each other" policy. Remember that the whole blow-up over the kissing banners is that we allowed them.
Yes. You demonstrate this very well by completely closing otherwise-good topics and changing the subject, instead of actually going out and solving the problem.

I think the reasons people want to be able to discuss political issues on BZPower rather than other sites are:1. BZPower has a great community. Okay, maybe not every single member is the best, but a lot of users here have at least several friends.2. BZPower is something of a safe haven. It's strict, but at least no one here can get away with flaming someone else, cursing, etc. I know if I wanted to discuss a touchy subject, I'd rather do it on a relatively tame site than a worse one with less moderation.I'm not arguing the point anymore; the above is just why I think people still support the idea.

It does have a (fairly) good community, but we don't want to talk politics because this is a "safe haven." The restrictions are why we can't discuss politics, and we want to change that. Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

It does have a (fairly) good community, but we don't want to talk politics because this is a "safe haven." The restrictions are why we can't discuss politics, and we want to change that.

And it's not going to happen, so the conversation should stop. You're not going to change the administration's mind, they have made their decision. Sorry if you don't like that, but that's how it is going to be.

Yes. You demonstrate this very well by completely closing otherwise-good topics and changing the subject, instead of actually going out and solving the problem.

We're not here to change people's minds on complex political and sociological issues. We are here to run a LEGO fansite.

Yeah, which was cool, but why not ban the members who got all anti-gay about it?

Because people are allowed to have different opinions, even when you and I think they are wrong. And as long as they don't act out against other members with it, don't disrespect other members because of it, etc, there's not a problem. You won't change people's minds by banning them, you won't change people's minds by pushing people away. People of all belief systems are welcome here, and as long as they tolerate and respect other members, we do not have a problem. But we're not even here to change people's minds, we're here to run a LEGO fansite. As long as someone's beliefs do not conflict with other member's enjoyment of this, as a LEGO fansite, and do not get in the face of other members, do not flame other members, etc, then what their belief system is happens to be of no consequence.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

The long of the short of it is we, as the staff, have to find some manner of middle ground, because you can't please everyone.And there will never be any clearly defined happy medium, so we gots to make best with what we can.I understand Pat's frustration. It seems like we are coming under flak because we aren't just 'choosing a side'.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Yeah, which was cool, but why not ban the members who got all anti-gay about it?

Because it's their beliefs and that justifies their actions, Tilius! Respect, remember!

Because people are allowed to have different opinions, even when you and I think they are wrong. And as long as they don't act out against other members with it, don't disrespect other members because of it, etc, there's not a problem. You won't change people's minds by banning them, you won't change people's minds by pushing people away. People of all belief systems are welcome here, and as long as they tolerate and respect other members, we do not have a problem. But we're not even here to change people's minds, we're here to run a LEGO fansite. As long as someone's beliefs do not conflict with other member's enjoyment of this, as a LEGO fansite, and do not get in the face of other members, do not flame other members, etc, then what their belief system is happens to be of no consequence.

And if I remember correctly, there were members who were flaming, and insulting others, or and in general intervened with other's enjoyment of the fansite.We're not criticizing the staff, we're trying to say that (or at least I am) that one shouldn't give someone a free pass and excuse them for breaking the rules because it's "their beliefs".

We're not criticizing the staff, we're trying to say that (or at least I am) that one shouldn't give someone a free pass and excuse them for breaking the rules because it's "their beliefs".

There is no "free pass" because "their beliefs". The members who openly flamed BZP's gay community were indeed punished. I suspended blogs, I deleted entries, proto was taken, etc. But one person saying "I don't think gay kissing banners should be allowed" does not deserve to be banned. That's not how this works. Sorry.

Yeah, this. Using religion as an excuse for intolerance doesn't make it okay at all. The very fact that it is so often used as an excuse is exactly the reason why a harsh approach is needed. I know banning people won't change any delusions they may hold, but it at least serves to exclude them from the rest of us as they'd deserve. Faith doesn't excuse homophobia, or racism, or sexism, etc, and it certainly doesn't mean those views should be respected. Those whose core beliefs on the world stem from hatred should be excluded, whether they vocalise said views or not. This would press the message that such beliefs are not okay, and religion/faith/whatever doesn't excuse them and doesn't mean they deserve any ounce of respect.

To put it bluntly, because you are de-railing this topic from it's intended purpose, and we have already shown that when a member starts flaming someone, we take action:We are not going to ban everyone who disagrees with our decisions. We are not going to ban kids who haven't stepped out of their parent's views. We are not going to ban kids because they disagree with you, because they disagree with us, etc. We will ban members who have a history of repeated violations, or members who violate a rule so totally that they do not deserve to continue to post on BZPower. We are absolutely not going to ban members because they do not agree with your beliefs, my beliefs, or even common sense.BZPower is not the place for people to learn moral lessons. It is not the place to teach people about what is right and what is not right in society. It is a LEGO fansite, and it is going to stay that way.So this whole "but let's ban members [Tilius thinks] are intolerant!" thing is not going to happen. It's not, so you can drop it.

So, let me get this straight. Basically, if a member was to post a topic where he said "all women, people of color, homosexual orientation, whatever, are all bad and should be discriminated against," (in other words, ignorant to the point of obvious, inexcusable bias) and defended his claim by stating that it was his religious belief, the BZPower staff would close the topic and maybe go straight to punishing the member as opposed to at least attempting to eliminate his bias. At that point, the only excuse for that choice of action would be that the staff agrees with the member's viewpoint.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

So, let me get this straight. Basically, if a member was to post a topic where he said "all women, people of color, homosexual orientation, whatever, are all bad and should be discriminated against," (in other words, ignorant to the point of obvious, inexcusable bias) and defended his claim by stating that it was his religious belief, the BZPower staff would close the topic and maybe go straight to punishing the member as opposed to at least attempting to eliminate his bias. At that point, the only excuse for that choice of action would be that the staff agrees with the member's viewpoint.

How does that mean the staff agrees with the viewpoint?As DeeVee said, we're not here to teach moral lessons. It is not in our job description to tell people what they believe is wrong, regardless of our personal beliefs on the subject.Our job is to remove content deemed objectionable based on the rules. Rules that every member can see, and are supposed to read before posting.
jlovfkk.jpg

If we agreed with the viewpoint, the topic would stay open, and there wouldn't be any punishment, now would there?But again, BZP is not here to teach you morals. We are not your parents, your clergy, or whatever. Sure, it's cool if you learn things from us, or if some people change their minds because of people they meet here. But that's not the point of this site.And I don't know if you're aware, but you can't argue bias out of someone, and you most certainly cannot do it on a webforum. People just get entrenched in their beliefs, and they will stick to them no matter what, especially if they feel persecuted. We're not here to remove bias or intolerance from the members who post here, we are here to uphold the rules, which means removing bias and intolerance from posts and topics, banning and punishing members as seen fit. We are not here to remove those biases and intolerances from the members themselves.

But, anyways, it would be nice if BZPower stayed focused around Bionicle, although I'm not sure how long that could last, because I'm here for Bionicle stuff (mostly, I look around in COT a little). I like BBC's, Bionicle-centered stories, Bionicle-centered RPG's, Bionicle-centered artwork, etc. I've never been a big big big fan of other lines, but Bionicle has always stood out to me, and I still scour Craigslist for lots.So, of course, storyline and set discussion will probably diminish, since the toyline is over, as well as the story (practically, at least). But the creations will still keep coming in, and I think it would be nice if BZPower made that the main focus of its site. It is about the creations, after all, and I think that's how I would want BZP to go.What I'm guessing is what's going to happen, however, is that eventually BZP will pull away from Bionicle a bit (not a lot, but a good part) and put some more focus on Lego in general. More Lego creations might be posted, and discussion about other Lego sets will increase, but that's about as far as my predictions go.

Edited by Black Six

And, even though the staff is "not here to remove those biases and intolerances from the members themselves," there seems to be some inverse of that statement, by getting people to try to be tolerant. I must say I was very, very disapointed about how the staff handled the homosexuality banners, and I don't think anything of that nature should be allowed to be on a forum centered around children and a children's toy. If it were about keeping neutral ground, things like homosexuality should be kept out of discussion, out of reference, out of banners and signatures, etc. That stuff should not even be allowed to be discussed. It just opens a whole new can of worms.

See, "tolerance" just means "respect other people's views and rights". It means you "tolerate" them. You don't have to like them, you don't have to agree with them, but you will respect them and their right to express themselves as fully as other members on BZPower are allowed to do. Keeping things neutral does not mean following your moral code. It means "keeping things fair for everyone". And that means allowing gay members of BZPower to post as openly as straight members of BZPower. Edited by DeeVee

BZPower is not the place to display beliefs on those subjects Tilius. It's a place to talk about LEGO toys. That is BZP's focus. Why should controversial topics come up at all? There are some parents who don't like their children seeing that kind of stuff, and we will lose those users if it is allowed.

Does anyone have any forum-merger candidates to suggest?I think BZPower could merge Storyline and Theories and the Reference Center. They're both quite similar in purpose and would actually fit quite well together, allowing members to look at the reference topics before posting any storyline questions. BZPower might be able to merge HF Sets and Bionicle Sets and Collectibles together into a Constructable Figure Sets forum, but I'm a little less certain of that working (feel free to shoot it down).

Should System-Based Creations slow even more dramatically than the one-post-a-day it seems to be getting, I wouldn't exactly mind a merger of it and BBC. It would make contests harder, but that'd be the only real downside.It'd have to be fairly far into the future, though.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Two things:1. Neither opinion is necessarily more correct than the other.2. Zorrakh posted about the issue pertaining to BZPower. You did not.I saw your post before it was deleted and I could have easily countered it, except for one thing: This isn't the place to discuss it. Couldn't you just take it to PM (or whatever the staff think is the right thing to do in this situation)?

Tilius, I'm telling you and everyone else to drop this discussion. I think Pat and others have explained things very well. We are going to continue to prohibit political and religious discussion. We are going to continue to tell people to respect and tolerate each other. We will do our best to be fair and impartial and take action in such a manner. We are not perfect and we do not always see every sentence in every post that might be objectionable. That is what the report button is for.That is the last I expect to read on this matter in this topic.Regarding some other things I've read, there seems to be a good deal of disagreement among members about what they would like to see. Some want us to stay very Bionicle-focused and others want a redesign to remove all traces of Bionicle from the front page. I don't know exactly what's going to happen, but it's certainly going to be a middle-path. Reading the replies after my earlier post, I think we need to find ways to encourage non-Bionicle creations. Highlighting things on the front page seems like a good first step. We're open to other ideas though.

I'd say it would be a good idea to revamp the site and make it more of a Lego website than just strictly Bionicle and Hero Factory. Keep some forums dedicated to Bionicle lore and products. I think the site would attract LEGO fans to join up since this is a safe and friendly place to chat about Lego.

Standing in Unity, and upholding our Duty, we will face our Destiny.

[BZP Reference Desk] [New Member Q&A]
vezonbance7.png
[Bionicle.com] [MLN] [BionicleStory.com]

All, right, time to drop the bomb. I expect a barrage of negative response from this post. Staff, this isn't against any rules, so you can't reduce my proto energy.It is a well-known fact the number of active members has dropped significantly, and is still dropping. This is for several reasons, one being a preference for other forums as opposed to BZPower. One of these preferences is that BZPower is moderated in a stricter manner than other forums. This isn't necessarily because the rules themselves are stricter than on other websites (the rules have been discussed in length by myself and others above). This preference is predominantly due to how the BZPower staff enforces those rules. The BZPower staff is considered by many members of other forums to enforce rules much more harshly than other forums, with less warnings and more punishments carried out. This is particularly evident in the integration of the proto energy system. Other forums don't have a merit/demerit system; rather, if someone breaks a rule, the staff warns him about it or, after continuos rule-breaking (although more than on BZPower), administers punishment. It is also the opinion of many people that the staff is much more willing to reduce proto energy than to increase it. Indeed, some other forums are largely comprised of BZPower members who have been kicked off BZPower, and spend much of their time on said forums ranting about how cruel the staff is. Although this harshness can be defended by stating that it creates a family-friendly environment absent from other forum sites, the fact that it has contributed to the reduction of active membership can't be ignored. So, if BZPower is to survive, the level of rule enforcement has to be lightened considerably, possibly including the elimination of the proto energy system.

All, right, time to drop the bomb. I expect a barrage of negative response from this post. Staff, this isn't against any rules, so you can't reduce my proto energy.It is a well-known fact the number of active members has dropped significantly, and is still dropping. This is for several reasons, one being a preference for other forums as opposed to BZPower. One of these preferences is that BZPower is moderated in a stricter manner than other forums. This isn't necessarily because the rules themselves are stricter than on other websites (the rules have been discussed in length by myself and others above). This preference is predominantly due to how the BZPower staff enforces those rules. The BZPower staff is considered by many members of other forums to enforce rules much more harshly than other forums, with less warnings and more punishments carried out. This is particularly evident in the integration of the proto energy system. Other forums don't have a merit/demerit system; rather, if someone breaks a rule, the staff warns him about it or, after continuos rule-breaking (although more than on BZPower), administers punishment. It is also the opinion of many people that the staff is much more willing to reduce proto energy than to increase it. Indeed, some other forums are largely comprised of BZPower members who have been kicked off BZPower, and spend much of their time on said forums ranting about how cruel the staff is. Although this harshness can be defended by stating that it creates a family-friendly environment absent from other forum sites, the fact that it has contributed to the reduction of active membership can't be ignored. So, if BZPower is to survive, the level of rule enforcement has to be lightened considerably, possibly including the elimination of the proto energy system.

Although I don´t really have the experience, I can imagine it, and thus I can assure you that taking proto is not really fun, and there is no reason why a staff member should prefer it over giving it. And anyway, do you know how many people have lost proto since the forums are back, and how many have got proto? If someone loses proto, you are more likely to know than if someone earns some. How often has the staff been harsh to you, and how often have you been punished and have you seen other people being punished without a prior warning?~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I'm pretty sure any perceived "harshness" of the staff hasn't contributed to the membership decline. BIONICLE's mostly dead, but not completely dead, with only a few possible serial updates until its coffin is lowered into the grave of canceled lines.The staff, at least from my point of view, do a great job at following their own set rules. On some other sites, it's whoever sucks up enough or whoever are already friends to the staff get off easy if they break rules and are many times more likely to get promoted in the first place. BZPower may not be the best place - everyone has their own opinions on improvements - but heck, at least it's fair.

Okay, I see your point there, but isn't the proto energy system a warning system? And every time a post of mine did not match up to par I recieved a warning PM, asking me to edit it and to refrain from breaking whatever rule I broke in the future, or else I would lose proto. I wouldn't be banned, but I would lose a wee bit off that graphic to the side. So say for example, that I do it again. Another warning PM, no proto drop though, just the same type of thing. I've been warned twice. Future infractions result in proto being lost, as I'm showing no tendency to mend my ways. Should I continue to break the rules, and my proto is completely depleted, then I am banned. The real "punishment" happens after my proto is gone, unless it is a major infraction, the kind of which I cannot imagine.

It's actually rather quaint that you think we're losing members because we're too strict. I am well aware of other forums full of angry banned members, and I've been an angry banned member on one of those forums in the past. And I know this seems silly and common sense, but...Of course banned members on other sites are going to complain about being banned. Having entire forums where the userbase is mostly banned members doesn't make the arguments against BZP's policies in your favor. It just points out that some members who were banned (and we only ban members for either extremely flagrant infingements, like posting pornography, etc, or for long histories of rule-breaking) can't get over their banishment, and want to play the martyr.Been there, done that, turns out I was wrong, and I learned from my mistakes, and was allowed back on BZPower, and several years of mostly good behaviour later, have been given a chance at being upper staff.People banned from BZPower overwhelmingly deserve it. Them and their friends may not agree, but the rules are posted, we give warnings, we give second, third, fourth chances, and even more. We almost always just PM a member for first or second infractions, and then that's when we drop protot. And that's just one drop. It takes five or six to get auto-suspended.

Fourth chances, DeeVee? Really? I've seen (several) people vaguely reference leaked set images. Boom, immediate proto reduction, without warning.

Edited by Toa Zaz

How, exactly, do you know that proto was reduced solely from "vaguely referencing" something that has always been banned on BZPower? People who are likely to bend and break that rule are likely to bend and break others. You can't know for sure if a proto drop results from one "small" thing.Do you have a link to this, perchance?

Fourth chances, DeeVee? Really? I've seen (several) people vaguely reference leaked set images. Boom, immediate proto reduction, without warning.

As a side note, if you ever do have a specific case of what you believe to be an unfair proto reduction, feel free to PM a staff member about it. If you don't feel comfortable PM-ing a higher up staffie, feel free to PM me, and I will gladly take that complaint up as being anonymous.
jlovfkk.jpg

I think that while at its core BZP is a BIONICLE site it needs to branch out to other LEGO themes more. BIONICLE while great is gone now. I think more of the discussions could be geared towards other themes and LEGO in general. This just my opinion and I'm a new member anyway so my opinion doesn't matter too much. I also think that if there was a direction not to go it would be turning this to a Hero Factory site. Many members would leave I imagine. I would spread out to other themes more though.

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

Regarding some other things I've read, there seems to be a good deal of disagreement among members about what they would like to see. Some want us to stay very Bionicle-focused and others want a redesign to remove all traces of Bionicle from the front page. I don't know exactly what's going to happen, but it's certainly going to be a middle-path. Reading the replies after my earlier post, I think we need to find ways to encourage non-Bionicle creations. Highlighting things on the front page seems like a good first step. We're open to other ideas though.

Maybe to keep things more Bionicle-oriented, the staff could maybe recruit some people to find the best MOCs, artwork, games and stories and other stuff of the week (or bi-weekly or whatever), and have it posted on the front page. I would definitely love to see that for Bionicle MOCs ("hey, my MOCs on the front page!"). That way, the regular staff can go about their jobs, some members get to do work as staff, the news crew has something to do (:P), and members get their stuff posted on the front page. Everyone's happy. :D

I've never had any negative experience with the staff. Whenever I've done something wrong they always sent me a polite PM telling me what I did wrong and I fixed it. Obviously anybody who got banned from BZPower will think that they are too strict, but if you follow the rules I don't see how you can have an issue.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

How, exactly, do you know that proto was reduced solely from "vaguely referencing" something that has always been banned on BZPower? People who are likely to bend and break that rule are likely to bend and break others. You can't know for sure if a proto drop results from one "small" thing.Do you have a link to this, perchance?

I remember when leaked Hero Factory pictures first popped up on the Internet, back in 2010. Members wouldn't shut up about them. The staff went on a proto-reducing spree. Members discussed leaked pics? Proto reduction. Some members made obvious references to pictures? They occasionally got through scot-free (as I recall). Some members made vague references to leaked pics that wouldn't've been obvious to anyone who hadn't seen the leaked pics? Proto reduction, no warning. Also, from the descriptions of punished members' experiences, the BZPower staff says exactly what they're punishing you for when they do it.

I was active for all of 2010, and I can recall no such instances where proto was reduced on members that were not known as troublemakers before the initial Hero Factory leaks.The staff have to enforce the rules. The leaked image policy, which has long been a part of the rules, is dictated by LEGO. If you don't like it, fine - but the staff aren't to blame.

Also, from the descriptions of punished members' experiences, the BZPower staff says exactly what they're punishing you for when they do it.

Key phrase here is "from the descriptions of punished members' experiences", implying that disgruntled members will tell the truth about their rule-breaking exploits.

I think that while at its core BZP is a BIONICLE site it needs to branch out to other LEGO themes more. BIONICLE while great is gone now. I think more of the discussions could be geared towards other themes and LEGO in general. This just my opinion and I'm a new member anyway so my opinion doesn't matter too much. I also think that if there was a direction not to go it would be turning this to a Hero Factory site. Many members would leave I imagine. I would spread out to other themes more though.

I disagree, as a new member your opinion matters IMHO a great deal. After all you represent the new influx of member, small as it may be, you know what attracted you to this site, and what made you think twice. It is this knowledge that will be most useful in attracting new members, like yourself. Thus don't be afraid to state you opinion, oh and welcome to BZPower. Honestly I've found the staff to be really considerate compared to other places. Plus they're some of the few staff I've seen that don't seem like angry robots, but people. As for proto, well, from what I've seen, proto drops aren't really done often, atleast not in the time I've been here. The majority of the members I've seen haven't lost or gained any proto. As for the people with lower proto, it seems they have learned there lesson. I've not seen any members with lower proto act more disrespectfully to others than those with more proto. From what I've seen the proto system work really well, and it should be kept the way it is.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

I would like to point out, first, that every sets forum has the rule "Do not post or discuss leaked sets, proto will be reduced". It was also, with the exception of this year, posted in Big Red Letters on the top of every page of every forum and topic when it was known that leaked pics were out. So there's your warning.Secondary, most misdemeanors were dealt with by deleting posts and further warnings depending on the severity of the issue. I won't speak for everyone, but I have not deducted a single point of proto for mentioning sets, I've just up and deleted the posts. If you post pictures with the gigantic watermark CONFIDENTIAL on it, then yeah, that's what is going to happen. Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I haven't read the topic too much, but the future of BZP requires it to transform into a more lego/hero-factory based forum. Keep all the Bionicle stuff, but expand the lego based forums. But keep the name BZPower; it's too iconic :PRight now, I think CoT is the most popular forum by a fair bit, so expanding that might also be something to look into.And the comics section had always seemed to have a very dedicated and fast-growing fanbase during the last few years as well.EDIT:

Plus they're some of the few staff I've seen that don't seem like angry robots, but people. As for proto, well, from what I've seen, proto drops aren't really done often, atleast not in the time I've been here.

It's better now, but at one point, back when B6 wasn't our mighty administrator, BZP was EXTREMELY strict. Probably the most in the 2004-2007 years. And those who remember Bionicle Rex know what I'm talking about ;) Edited by iPenguin

Majhost sucks

I don't have much of an Interest on this topic and i've very barely skimmed, but i'd like to say something on the Topic of Proto Zaps and their supposed "Unfairness," and Rule Changes.Years ago when i was still a new ish member, I ran an RPG called Abyss in Exo-Fats Stead. During the events of this some things happened that i'd rather not go in to, and I was protozapped at the end of them. Not one-hundred percent unfairly, but i wasn't warned and it was a first offence. Am i bitter about it? No, because i see it as both a blessing and something that helped my character on the site. Should i maybe have argued it at the time? Maybe.My point being that just because you hear that someone was unfairly protozapped, doesn't mean they necessarily were. People whine and complain about the rules being too strict when all they've ever gotten is a warning. I got zapped,and i havn't gotten warned or zapped since, simply due to the fact that I've matured to the point where i can accept the rules as being what they are, and i can actively work within them.I guess my true point is that while perhaps the rules will need to be changed in the future as the populace of BZPower grows in maturity, the way a lot of people are acting about it isn't going to get the rules changed any time soon. Maturity is the only way that the BZP staff are going to see that the populace is at a point where the rules can be changed - and just from myself personally reading over this topic... On the topic of rule changing, the maturity just isn't there yet.Feel free to pick me apart like a pack of wild dogs XD

Edited by Lord Kini Hawkeye

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

Thanks for unintentionally proving my point, Lord Kini Hawkeye. First offense proto reduction, no warning. It happens on here.

Thanks for unintentionally proving my point, Lord Kini Hawkeye. First offense proto reduction, no warning. It happens on here.

Yes, and we've even said it does, for offenses that are worth it. You were saying we zap members willy-nilly, and that's not true. Most violations never get a proto zap. But we even told you earlier, there are some offenses that get a zap right away, because they are that bad, or because a general warning has already been issued (like when we had the BIG RED LETTERS saying not to discuss leaked sets or else, or when a topic gets heated and a moderator comes in and says "this discussion stops or proto will be taken", etc.)

What is protozapping =S?I think the future looks pretty good for BZP. As long as LEGO makes Technic figures, this place will be up-and running. It's been going for 11 years now. It should have a few more under it's sleeve!

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!