• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Troddon, the Poor and Disadvantaged

Self-Moc Skakdi Shackles

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Poor Disadvantaged

Poor Disadvantaged
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 09-February 15
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2018 - 07:27 PM

26530569977_c4f49b7f10_b.jpg

Spoiler

40505669615_02cf1f2018_b.jpg

Thought I'd make a Self-MOC that’s representative of an in-universe species that’s not yet-another-blimmin-Toa, so here’s a Skakdi (Piraka). 

Had a blast with the colours, especially the Metallic Blue, and blocking the black to represent skin – these abs are plastic-hard.

Edited by Poor Disadvantaged, Apr 16 2018 - 08:06 PM.

#2 Offline Elephant Knight

Elephant Knight
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 06-February 15
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2018 - 05:06 PM

Those teeth are brilliant! Overall the integration of the Reidak spine is very well done. And great use of the Metru canister lids!

EKnight

My Flickr. Old Bionicles on Brickshelf

small_logo.png

#3 Offline Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 22-May 05
  • 1,501 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2018 - 09:36 PM

Very impressive.  I love how you went the extra mile in some of the little details, like that green face-belt or the dead eye.  Only complaints I can think of are that the bindings seem a bit too blocky for my tastes and the neck appears to be rather thick.

I'd actually have something of substance to say here, but I'm too lazy to think of anything.  >_< Er, have some BZPRPG profiles, I guess?

I used to help Dominus Temporis with writing MLWTB back in the day, even if I was really terrible at it.  If anyone's in contact with him, could ya help me get in touch?   :)

#4 Offline Onvermel

Onvermel
  • Members
  • Toa

• 08-February 15
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 15 2018 - 12:47 AM

Simply put I love this. I can't find any real flaws, completely solid of a build. I especially love the metal blue as I'm a sucker for it.

Very inspirational.

Onvermel

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw                

small_logo.png

#5 Offline CommanderKumo

CommanderKumo
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 08-May 17
  • 373 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 15 2018 - 01:42 AM

He's awesome, I like him a lot.

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....KmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

#6 Offline Nescent

Nescent
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Rahi Wrangler

• 15-May 09
  • 2,880 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 15 2018 - 04:04 PM

Amazing! It's a really original idea and the first self-MOC I have seen that really has significance. The construction of the face is wonderfully creative, and you used the Piraka spine, a piece I always struggled with. Nice work!

IetTsFQ.png

#7 Offline Poor Disadvantaged

Poor Disadvantaged
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 09-February 15
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2018 - 06:32 PM

Cheers all!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users