• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Poor Disadvantaged: April Dump

Featured Slizer Galidor Jayko

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Poor Disadvantaged

Poor Disadvantaged
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 09-February 15
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2018 - 07:17 PM

40391809714_3409445a98_c.jpg

Sub Slizer: ScuBa

40304039555_0282d0ed92_c.jpg

WotFace 

41079554354_5183e2df2b_c.jpg

Jayko the Quick, Eagle of Talonjay

(Previous post for Troddon, the Poor and Disadvantaged)

This month I finished a 'Self-Moc' and participated in two collabs and a competition.
Highly doubt I'll ever build at this pace again, but I'll try!

2DpBEbc.jpg

- Toa -

xUUonUp.jpg

- Matoran -

wn9Gez6.jpg

- Other -

g4jj4uw.jpg

- Combiner Models -

#2 Offline Rassilon (TTL)

Rassilon (TTL)
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 20-January 16
  • 3,662 posts
  •  

Posted May 02 2018 - 08:21 PM

Wow these are some really good MOCs.
I really love the third one the most.
First the color scheme, I just love that shade of blue and with light grey and silver to complement it is such a simple yet beautiful look.
The build is also a masterpiece of parts usage such as the skull spider masks and the custom forearm design.
Overall it is a great MOC well done.

bzpclash_of_kings.png

The Tide Comes in this Summer

#3 Offline Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 22-May 05
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted May 03 2018 - 02:49 AM

First one's a neat idea, but too chunktastic for me to really get behind it.

Third one's aesthetically pleasing, but the proportions seem wonky and the system on the shoulders sticks out with how blocky it is.

I'm trying to pretend Galidor never existed, so that's all I got for ye.

I'd actually have something of substance to say here, but I'm too lazy to think of anything.  >_< Er, have some BZPRPG profiles, I guess?

I used to help Dominus Temporis with writing MLWTB back in the day, even if I was really terrible at it.  If anyone's in contact with him, could ya help me get in touch?   :)

#4 Offline Poor Disadvantaged

Poor Disadvantaged
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 09-February 15
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2018 - 02:24 AM

Wow these are some really good MOCs.
I really love the third one the most.
First the color scheme, I just love that shade of blue and with light grey and silver to complement it is such a simple yet beautiful look.
The build is also a masterpiece of parts usage such as the skull spider masks and the custom forearm design.
Overall it is a great MOC well done.

I personally dislike the skull spider masks and forearms (only used them because I couldn't find anything better), so I'm glad you found them passable. Thank you!

First one's a neat idea, but too chunktastic for me to really get behind it.

Third one's aesthetically pleasing, but the proportions seem wonky and the system on the shoulders sticks out with how blocky it is.

I'm trying to pretend Galidor never existed, so that's all I got for ye.

This is the sort of feedback I love, cheers.

I meant the bulk to emulate a 'Sub'marine somewhat, but by doing so it deviated from the source quite drastically.
Could've used some of those janky blue bits better, or a sleeker shape could have been another direction to take.

Yeah, Jayko's quite 'stylized'; the small feet, smooth but large upper arms and tight waist complement the look I was going for at the expense of exact human proportions -  though I'd say the former is more important and I wouldn't change them.  

You and I both - my Galidor pieces are now a long way out of sight haha.

Edited by Poor Disadvantaged, May 04 2018 - 02:25 AM.

2DpBEbc.jpg

- Toa -

xUUonUp.jpg

- Matoran -

wn9Gez6.jpg

- Other -

g4jj4uw.jpg

- Combiner Models -

#5 Offline Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 22-May 05
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted May 05 2018 - 03:26 AM

I actually do kinda like most of the above-waist torso for the first one- it's a lot of parts that come together surprisingly smoothly, with the smaller details like tubing integrated very well.  It's everything around it that throws me off- especially the crotch and legs.  The feet look nice, though- I like the drill ankles.

And Jayko's aesthetics are indeed superb- nearly perfect, in fact, you did an amazing job with him.  But man oh man, when body parts are noticeably oversized or undersized in a way that doesn't seem to flow well, it's hard for me to unsee.

I'd actually have something of substance to say here, but I'm too lazy to think of anything.  >_< Er, have some BZPRPG profiles, I guess?

I used to help Dominus Temporis with writing MLWTB back in the day, even if I was really terrible at it.  If anyone's in contact with him, could ya help me get in touch?   :)

#6 Offline VahiHolder02

VahiHolder02
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 30-January 16
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted May 16 2018 - 09:03 AM

That Jayko is simply amazing. I especially like the samurai-like armor he wears. 

MVT Lego Space Galactic Cruiser

https://ideas.lego.c...22-a17e0f8438ea

Please help and support this project! Your contribution is greatly appreciated. 

#7 Offline Iver

Iver
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 07-June 08
  • 324 posts
  •  

Posted May 16 2018 - 02:42 PM

Good to see resurrections of forgotten lines. I was a fan of Knights' Kingdom.

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users