BIONICLE 2001 website recreation... AGAIN!

Fry

So a long, LONG time ago, around the time I joined BZP, I made this recreation of the BIONICLE 2001 website. I've always thought it was pretty crude, so a few days ago I decided to throw my hat into the ring again and try making something a bit higher quality. Anyways, this is what ended up coming out of that. It's nowhere near finished, but the initial animation and the Toa pages are up and running.

I would appreciate it if you guys could test it out and report any problems!!

EDIT: actually, it IS done now.

Edited by Jaekoff
  • Upvote 4

This is awesome! :D  Since I got into BIONICLE in 04/05, I never got to experience the original website.  Thank you so much for doing this. :)

Also, I agree with TheZOMBIEJ that having MNOG on there would be amazing.

Keep up the good work! ^_^ :biorules:

Edited by Daler99

~Daler

Alright, v0.02 is up now! The front page has been updated with new articles, the Toa pages now better resemble their 01 counterparts (the text is the original, that is pre-maori scandal variants), some links have been added, and the first Makuta page is done. Note that the chrome thinks the desktop toys are dangerous, but rest assured they are just a direct link from BMP.

Edited by Jaekoff

Alright, v0.02 is up now! The front page has been updated with new articles, the Toa pages now better resemble their 01 counterparts (the text is the original, that is pre-maori scandal variants), some links have been added, and the first Makuta page is done. Note that the chrome thinks the desktop toys are dangerous, but rest assured they are just a direct link from BMP.

awesome stuff, dude! and thanks for taking my MNOG suggestion! keep it up! :)

• Upvote 2

Looking rad. Where'd you find the original web descriptions for the Toa? They're pretty close to the ones in the Legend of Mata Nui booklet, but have some different details - I think the biggest deal is that "Great Beings" as a term apparently existed at this point.

• Upvote 2

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

my browser is saying "this site has been disabled"! what does this mean? are you working on the site some more? 

also i'd ad "Bionicle Age" as a listenable and downloadable mp3! 

bitballoon is a temporary hosting platform, but don't worry I'm working on a more permanent solution. wait a minute I already have one!!!! Anyways, feel free to download that offline version of the website while I try to figure out what Chrome's problem with the chanting audio is.

• Upvote 1

my browser is saying "this site has been disabled"! what does this mean? are you working on the site some more? 

also i'd ad "Bionicle Age" as a listenable and downloadable mp3! 

bitballoon is a temporary hosting platform, but don't worry I'm working on a more permanent solution. wait a minute I already have one!!!! Anyways, feel free to download that offline version of the website while I try to figure out what Chrome's problem with the chanting audio is.

awesome! thanks! :)

I can't access the link. I just get a screen that says "Disabled Site/This site has been disabled." On the tab bar, Chrome says "Password Protection."

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

I can't access the link. I just get a screen that says "Disabled Site/This site has been disabled." On the tab bar, Chrome says "Password Protect"

There is a link one or two comments ago.

Huh, weird, those didn't work before. But now, it won't download. My browser just sits there unable to process it without end. Weird.

This link? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d5DIpqObckcksdgtXrXlz8PxKkYcl8fF/view

It isn't supposed to have a preview so just click download and it should be done in like 20 seconds.

Hm, guess I just didn't wait long enough for it to download.

This link? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d5DIpqObckcksdgtXrXlz8PxKkYcl8fF/view

It isn't supposed to have a preview so just click download and it should be done in like 20 seconds.

Hm, guess I just didn't wait long enough for it to download.

Welcome! :)

Hey! I'm Ivan and I love Bionicle, but I am sure yall do too. :P

http://www.moc-pages.com/home.php/128635

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some links to the Turaga, Tohunga, and Kanohi pages on the Wayback Machine if it's any help recovering those pages!

Vakama

Matau

Nokama

Whenua

Onewa

Nuju

Jala

Kongu (weirdly, this one says that KONGU is afraid of heights, which I hadn't heard before)

Maku

Onepu

Huki

(I can't get Matoro's page to load, sadly)

Noble Kanohi

Great Kanohi

Infected Masks

Masks chart

Edited by Aanchir

how do you remember all of this info? also villages? 

How do you mean? Most if not all of the text has been backed up in one way or another, I'm not remembering anything per se  ;). Even some of The Buzz remains, although I plan on adding some new articles... 

What about the villages?

Edited by Jaekoff

how do you remember all of this info? also villages? 

How do you mean? Most if not all of the text has been backed up in one way or another, I'm not remembering anything per se  ;). Even some of The Buzz remains, although I plan on adding some new articles... 

What about the villages?

i mean are there gonna be articles for the villages (Ga-Koro, etc.)?

• 2 weeks later...

This is awesome! I got into BIONICLE in 2003, so I never saw the original site and can't comment on accuracy, but it matches the tone and atmosphere I expect it to have been personally.  Just logging in and listening to that MNOG track brought me back. Plus BIONICLEmusic.com was a nice surprise.

I just discovered this typing this post, but to this very day "bioniclemusic.com" redirects to lego.com.

• Upvote 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...

I got into BIONICLE in 2003, so I never saw the original site and can't comment on accuracy, but it matches the tone and atmosphere I expect it to have been personally.

As someone who did see the original site, I can say that this is pretty accurate, though my memory may be a little fuzzy, as I was 8-9 years old. Though I don't think I ever saw the opening portal (where you choose "Bionicle.com," "Bioniclemusic.com" or "Mata Nui.") I always went directly to Bionicle.com, found Bioniclemusic.com through a link from the main site (probably "The Buzz"), and ditto for MNOLG, which was linked to from the main site. Is that mixer from the BIONICLE Music site lost forever?

Speaking of later years, would you ever consider recreating the other versions of the site 2002 onwards?

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...