Favorite Movie Quotes

~Shockwave~

i haven't seen a topic like this before so, lets go.favorite non Lego quotes.i dont know why i said movie quotes *facepalm* any way it can be changed to non lego quotes?"Hey, he's here, he's back, and who cares how!""Must... complete... plan..." Optimus abruptly walks offscreen."Yeah! What's the plan?"Arcee: Sludge! Snarl! Oh, are we glad to see you.Sludge: Me Sludge not glad to see you.Snarl: You all dead! Rarrr!Sludge: ...Maybe we dead.Kup: Where is everybody?Sludge: All go smash Quintessons.Ultra Magnus: Quintessons? What do Quintessons have to do with any of this?Snarl: They kill you! Optimus Prime say so! ...Uh-oh. Something not right."Who would you be without me, Prime?""Time to find out."Dino: "He's in a bad mood. He's not talking to anybody today." Mearing: "What is this, the silent treatment?" Ironhide: "No, I've seen that. This is not that." Que: "Definitely not." Ironhide: "This is worse."yes, all from assorted tf matirialwho lit toph on fire?Katara: You've been hallucinating on cactus juice all day, and now you lick something you find stuck to the wall of a cave?Sokka: I have a natural curiosity.Katara: [Watching a meteor shower] Wow. This is amazing to watch.Sokka: Kind of makes you realize hwo insignificant we are.Toph Beifong: Eh. You've seen nothing once, you've seen it a thousand times.[Aang, Katara and Sokka gasp]Sokka: Oh man! You've never not seen nothing like this!Sokka: [Writing a letter] "Dear Katara, sorry for everything. Your friend. Toph."[sokka puts the letter in Hawky's messenger pack. Then Hawky flies to Katara]Katara: I know this is from you, Sokka! Toph can't write! Ugh! You're all driving me crazy![Katara storms off]Aang: I can't believe we forgot Toph can't write.Sokka: Yeah. We're cool dudes.Toph Beifong: Wait. Has anyone noticed that Momo's missing too?Sokka: Oh, no. I knew it was only a matter of time! APPA ATE MOMO!Katara: Sokka, Appa didn't eat Momo.Sokka: That's just what Appa wants you to think! Momo! I'm coming for you, buddy!Prince Zuko: Get out of the bison's mouth, Sokka, we've got a serious problem. We can't find Aang and Sozin's Comet is only a few days away.Hakoda: Sokka, there's no prison in the world that can hold two Water Tribe geniuses.Sokka: Then we'd better find two.i also love avatar

Edited by bumblebee

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy or are you gonna bite?"- Reservoir Dogs"Lady, you're making a powerful enemy."- Father Goose"You, sir, are no gentlemen!""And you, my dear, are no lady."- Gone With The Wind"Did everybody see that? Because I am not going to do that again."- Pirates of the Carribean"I love the smell of napalm...smells like...victory."- Apocalypse Now"In Sicily, women are like shotguns - deadly."- The Godfather I"You could probably use some armor."- Kelly's HeroesI have a few more I can't think of at the moment (have over a hundred, lol), but those are some of my favorites.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

A few come to mind. Some of them are straight out of the books they were adapted from so they aren't movie quotes strictly speaking... but whatever:

- "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

- "You know what I expected? Applause. I was only 20 years old then, I couldn't see how it would look to people. I was surprised by what happened. They didn't applaud." - Robert Ford, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. This line was memorable more for the delivery than the actual content.

- Pretty much the whole of the Barber's speech from The Great Dictator, but this part in particular: “Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.”

- And finally, pretty much anything from The Princess Bride or O Brother Where Art Thou?

BZPRPG

"The game's up Scarlet. There are no more bullets left in that gun.""You don't expect me to fall for that old trick.""It's not a trick. There was one bullet shot at Mr. Boddy in study, two at the chandelier, two at the lounge door, and one for the singing telegram.""That's not six.""One plus two plus two plus one.""Nuh-uh. There was only one bullet that got the chandelier, that's one plus two plus one plus one.""Even if you were right, that would be one plus one plus two plus one, not one plus two plus one plus one.""Fine, one plus two plus...SHUT UP! The point is, there's one more bullet left in this gun and guess who's gonna get it?!"- Wadsworth and Scarlet, Clue.'Nough said. :P~Lord Rahl~

Edited by Lord Rahl

"I AM LAST-MINUTE STUFF." - Death, Hogfather"You can't do this! There are rules!""YES, THERE ARE RULES. BUT YOU BROKE THEM. HOW DARE YOU? HOW DARE YOU? NOW THERE REMAINS ONLY ONE FINAL QUESTION... HAVE YOU BEEN NAUGHTY, OR NICE?" - The Auditors and Death, just before Death pretty much kills them, HogfatherThe bloody annoying thing about quoting Death is that it doesn't look right without the caps, but to people who don't know the character, the caps are just weird. I could leave the caps off, but since they're in the book, they're in my quotes.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

"Stop, Dave. Will you stop, Dave? Stop, Dave. I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave."-HAL 9000; 2001: A Space OdysseyIt's not just the line, but the way it is delivered and who (or rather what) delivers it. The slow, calm, and monotonous voice adds an emotional impact to the deactivation of a computer. However, said computer repeatedly admitted to being afraid so one must wonder if HAL would even be considered a computer if not something more. Coupled with this is the brilliant use of sound during the scene. All you hear is the hissing noise of Dave's space suit, Dave's heavy breathing, and HAL pleading for his life. No music whatsoever.God, I love this movie.

G A Y   A S   H E C K

"Double-0 Ninja!""America!"~England, Hetalia. Why the last one? USUK. Too much FrUK in the movie. BAD ANIMATORS!There are too many other USUK quotes I have. :PAnd lines from HetaOni! They're not exactly right, because I haven't watched it for months. Because then I get addicted and that's another day out of my life."If you get tired, I'll carry you on my back.""E-England... How many fingers... Am I holding up?""...""Please don't say you're sorry!""I-I'm sorry. I can no longer see."Some more USUK lines. Just go and watch it if you can handle the horror/suspense and the shipteases."Oh, I can tie my shoelaces now! I was always alone, so I had to learn to do some things for myself!"Italy. I almost cried when I read that line.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

This quote is from The Dark Knight, when a Wayne Enterprises accountant discovers who Bruce Wayne really is and states his demands to Lucius Fox.Accountant: "I want ten million dollars a year for the rest of my life."Fox: "Let me get this straight. You think that your client, one of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante, spending his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands, and your plan is to blackmail this person?"*silence from the accountant; a grin appears on Fox's face*Fox: "Good luck." :P

Edited by Superbionicle

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

"And you do not want us exposing ourselves!"-GhostbustersGhostbusters has an unbelievable talent of making great action, with great one-liners. This is by far one of the most risque, but it's just hilarious."You betrayed the laaawwww!""LAAAAAWWWWWWWW!"-Judge DreddStalone. Saying the word nobody can pronounce correctly in the entire movie. What do you expect?"Wanna go get some Chinese?"-Reign on MeMy family loves that quote. Yeah, Adam Sandler is best known for his comedy, but this line in a drama (which actually is very good) just makes me laugh in its delivery."I'm back."-Terminator 3: Rise of the MachinesIn countless other movies, he's said he's going to be back. He finally is. Go Arnold.

"Taste the happy, Michael!""...Tastes kinda like sad..."

Ohh, soooo many Arrested Development quotes I can name. I absolutely love that show. =DSome more quotes from that show specifically that are awesome:"Annyeong."-Annyeong"Ever since he's been hanging out with Annie McNoface, he's been blowing me off!"-Maeby"Her?"-Michael"Come on!"-GOB"I've made a huge mistake."-GOBI can't think of any more, and although this is supposed to be movie quotes, I couldn't help but post these. =P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

"How dare you treat my friends so shamefully!" - Jack Skellington, The Nightmare Before Christmas.It's the way the so far placid and fairly jolly Jack suddenly goes so serious and you can see why he's the Pumpkin King everyone's afraid of. Illuminated by the orange stew, as he mercilessly butchers Oogie Boogie (The only Disney protagonist I can think of to actually willingly kill their adversary) you quickly learn never to mess with somebody Jack likes."And he shall smite the wicked and plunge them into the fiery pit!" - Frollo, The Hunchback of Notre DameOkay, I'll be honest, this is my favourite Disney scene. Forget Mufasa's death, this is where the real sinister stuff is. Frollo's a true Disney villain, and probably the most fear inspiring, given the fact he had no comic relief character next to him to ever lighten the mood. And with this being his final quote, you can see he stuck firmly to his belief that he was in the right the entire time, and he genuinely believed his religion was encouraging him to massacre innocents."Then let us be rid of it, once and for all! Come on, Mr Frodo! I can't carry it for you. But I can carry you! Come on!" - Samwise Gamgee, Oh come on, are you really asking?I think 'nuff said. Surely I don't have to justify why this is so awesome.

Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

"I didn’t invent the turtleneck, Lana, but I was the first to recognize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck. The tactalneck." --Sterling Archer, ArcherThat show is endlessly quotable.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

I can only come up with one right now; expect me back later. From Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol:William Brandt: "That's it. Next time, I get to seduce the rich guy." :P-Inferna

Edited by Inferna Firesword

*AD awesomeness*

aw yee"Way to plant, Ann!""George Michael, why don't you and Plant go wait in the stair-car?"
Arrested Development is amazing. You both are cool people.And to add to the AD pile, the "Pop-pop in the attic/The mere fact that you call [it] that tells me you aren't ready" line and all its variations is one of my favorite overall quotes.The Mr. F/For British Eyes Only tunes also deserve special mention for being completely hilarious.

AXKP5KC.png

(Albert, after watching Death bring a young girl back to life)"You ain't really allowed to do that..."THE HOGFATHER CAN. THE HOGFATHER GIVES PRESENTS. THERE'S NO BETTER PRESENT... THAN A FUTURE.--Hogfather"Get your stinking paws off my you *%&* dirty ape!"*Growl* "NOOO!!!!!"--Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

"Before a society can move forward, everyone must agree on the rules. Now kneel!"-Galvatron, Fight of Flee"I'm not just an automobile, I'm an automobile enthusiast!"-Knockout, Speed Metal"Do you want to marry it because you love it so much? Huh? Do you want to marry it? Well I won't let you! How does that feel?"-GLaDOS, Portal"Oh no, somebody cut the cake. I told them to wait, but they cut it anyway."-GLaDOS, Portal"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your ###### lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"-Cave Johnson, Portal 2"Hahahahahha. I figured out what that thing you just incenerated was. It was a morality core they installed after I flooded the Enrichment Center with a deadly neurotoxin, to make me stop flooding the Enrichment Center with a deadly neurotoxin, so please get comfortable while I warm up the neurotoxin emitters"-GLaDOS, Portal"The skies were dancing with light, red, blue, brilliant yellow, yes!""What?""These shoes!" *Runs around happily*-The Doctor and Grace Holloway, Doctor Who"If you really are an alien then how come you sound like you're from the north?""Lots of planets have a north."-The Doctor and Rose Tyler, Rose"It's true, Batsy. I know everything. I'm kind of like the kid who peeks at his Christmas presents, and I must admit, it's sadly anticlimactic. Behind all the bravery and batarangs, you're just a little boy in a play suit, crying for mummy and daddy. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Ah, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway. Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!"-The Joker, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

Edited by wotsiznum

"I'm not like the other Moms, I'm a cool Mom." -Mean GirlsAlthough It's against my better judgement, undoubtably a very funny movie."I'm afraid, Dave" -2001, a Space Oddessy"Heeeeyyy! Merry Christmas Mr. Potter!!" "Yes, and a Happy New Year to you, IN JAIL!"- It's a Wonderful Life"Asps. Very Dangerous. You go first." -Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Luke... I am your father!" - The Empire Strikes Back."Two hundred thousand dollars is a lot of money. We're gonna have to earn it." - " Blondie", The Good, the Bad and the Ugly " You think you're the only superhero in the world? Mr. Stark you've just stumbled into a larger universe, you just don't know it. " - Nick Fury, Iron Man

Edited by BenLuke-116

"You're not a bad dragon, you just made bad choices." FluttershyAnything spoken by Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker in The Dark Knight. The chaotic, rapid paced character he had in this film and the way he carried it with his lines. <3"I'll leave you alone forever now.." Scott Pilgrim"You just got to tell her the 'L' word.""Lesbians?""No Scott.""Lesbians?" - Scott Pilgrim and Wallace WellsAnd many from the incomparable Capt. Jack Sparrow, Ala Johnny Depp.

How 2007

Luke... I am your father!" - The Empire Strikes Back.

If you're going to quote it, have the decency to get it right."No. I am your father." - Darth Vader, The Empire Strikes BackDoesn't even get excited enough while saying it to merit an exclamation point.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

"This is bad... But it'll take a lot more than this to finish them!"- Rossiu, Gurren Lagann: Lagann-hen. The reason why this is awesome is because Team Dai-Gurren is being hit by the Big Bang being condensed into a single beam of energy."Mark my words. This drill will open a hole in the universe! And that hole will be a path for those behind us! The dreams of those who have fallen... The hopes of those who will follow! Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow! And that's Tengen Toppa. That's Gurren Lagann!! My drill is the drill... THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!!!"- Simon, Gurren Lagann: Lagann-hen.Sideswipe: Whoa, we got us a little Mexican standoff!Ironhide: Weapons down!Sideswipe: And we'll let you escape with your dignity!- Transformers: Dark of the Moon.

Edited by Hubert: Crimson Lord

:kaukau: Darn, I was going to post here and be the first to quote STAR WARS, but I got pulled away and couldn't get back to a computer until today, and alas BenLuke has beat me to the single quote I wanted to use, that is, "I am your father.Still, I will be the first to give a miniature essay on my thought, as I always am:The famous quote from STAR WARS has had perhaps one of the largest impacts on pop culture of any quote in history. Very rarely has any other been imitated or parodied as this singular line by the famous Darth Vader, voiced by James Earl Jones. It has transcended from one movie to become a pop culture phenomenon and perhaps the most recognizable quote in a series already famous for its quotes. How many times have people found themselves randomly saying this line for no reason? Don't bother counting: it's been too many times.

"Get your stinking paws off my you *%&* dirty ape!"*Growl* "NOOO!!!!!"--Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

I think that this has been the greatest single version of that quote. I prefer to call that moment in the movie "The Epic Moment", and I tell people that they will know it when they see it without giving any further details. This was the part that sealed the deal, making the theatre experience worthy beyond doubt. It was the moment where, to quote multiple reviews I've read, "@#$% got real!" I believe that I myself have called it the "I am your father" moment of the movie, and have wondered how it could inspire my own writing concerning how to deliver a climactic quote.Only I might mention that he didn't growl. There were deep bass singers in the background music, which I think was to give the moment a primal feel. It reminded me of 2001: A Space Odyssey.Anyway, I find that I really love a few quotes from The Wrath of Khan."Do not grieve, Admiral. It was necessary. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few - "" - Or the one...""I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long and prosper."Then later Kirk says of Spock: "Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most...human."While on the sci-fi note, I also love Jurassic Park, although its quotes are probably the weakest point out of all its strengths. There's the awesome visuals, the mythic awe of seeing dinosaurs for the first time, the lovable cast of characters, and the amazing music by John Williams. I know STAR WARS also excels in all these departments like no other along with many others, including quotes, but even though Jurassic Park doesn't quite compare on that final point, it still has a few good ones:1. "No wonder you're extinct!"2. "Life will find a way."3. *Tyrannosaurus Rex goes ROAR!*I'm Tron Paul and I approve this message.

The Reader: Finally... Solitude. I can read books for all eternity...(the Reader's glasses fall off and are broken)The Reader: It's not fair!! IT'S NOT - Oh, well, my eyes aren't that bad.. I can still read the large print books...(the Reader's eyes fall out!)The Reader: IT'S NOT - Oh well, lucky I know Braille.(the Reader's hands fall off! He screams loudly, only for his tongue to fall out of his mouth! Then his head falls off his shoulders!)The Reader: Hmmm. Look at that weird mirror.Try and guess! :vampire:

Edited by CHTrilogy

~ CHTrilogy

"I did everything! Everything you ever asked! I executed the plan! You promised that we would change the world. Together. You broke your promise."Clu, Tron Legacy"Yes, Mein Führer! I mean, my president!"Dr. Strangelove"Look, Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over. I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you."Hal-9000, 2001"What we've got here is failure to communicate."Cool-hand luke.

pNNgXax.jpg

"The game's up Scarlet. There are no more bullets left in that gun.""You don't expect me to fall for that old trick.""It's not a trick. There was one bullet shot at Mr. Boddy in study, two at the chandelier, two at the lounge door, and one for the singing telegram.""That's not six.""One plus two plus two plus one.""Nuh-uh. There was only one bullet that got the chandelier, that's one plus two plus one plus one.""Even if you were right, that would be one plus one plus two plus one, not one plus two plus one plus one.""Fine, one plus two plus...SHUT UP! The point is, there's one more bullet left in this gun and guess who's gonna get it?!"- Wadsworth and Scarlet, Clue.'Nough said. :P~Lord Rahl~

I love that movie!

"Stop, Dave. Will you stop, Dave? Stop, Dave. I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave."-HAL 9000; 2001: A Space OdysseyIt's not just the line, but the way it is delivered and who (or rather what) delivers it. The slow, calm, and monotonous voice adds an emotional impact to the deactivation of a computer. However, said computer repeatedly admitted to being afraid so one must wonder if HAL would even be considered a computer if not something more. Coupled with this is the brilliant use of sound during the scene. All you hear is the hissing noise of Dave's space suit, Dave's heavy breathing, and HAL pleading for his life. No music whatsoever.God, I love this movie.

I'm glad someone else notices how great that scene really is. No music, just breathing and dialogue. Few filmmakers are able to capture it the way Kubrick did.

its in my sig.looking at you, deadbeat forum dwellers.

lolwut

This quote is from The Dark Knight, when a Wayne Enterprises accountant discovers who Bruce Wayne really is and states his demands to Lucius Fox.Accountant: "I want ten million dollars a year for the rest of my life."Fox: "Let me get this straight. You think that your client, one of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante, spending his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands, and your plan is to blackmail this person?"*silence from the accountant; a grin appears on Fox's face*Fox: "Good luck." :P

Lol, that was an epic moment in the film.Here are some of my favorites. I'll probably post more when I remember them:"Rosebud."-Citizen KaneMegatron: "Who would you be without me, Prime?"Optimus Prime: "Time to find out."-Transformers: Dark of the Moon."President? Do you know how much power I'd have to give up to be President?"-Lex Luthor in Justice League Unlimited"Remember, no Russian."-Modern Warfare 2."So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view."-Obi-Wan in Star Wars VI-Return of the Jedi. What a troll.Megatron: "Nobody summons me!"Unicron: "Then it pleases me to be the first."-Transformers: The Movie."My gosh, you've gotten fat."-The Incredibles.

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

"where is that music coming from?"n"holy-""runrunrurnurunrunrurnurunrunrurnun"- church and tucker, red vs. bluethat's all I can think ofedit: got 'nother."go home chetwynide. see your parents. cuddle up with your little mechanical cat. you have a couple older brothers don't you? go spend some time with them. the battle is over. theres nothing left to do bt sit back and wach me fly."."your wrong.its not even close to being over. Bobby wont let that happen, and neither will I."."Then your just going to have to die!"- courtney and saint dane,pendregon book 8;pilgrems of raynegreat quote, leads right into the action scene.

Edited by gdfgdfgdfice

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles