Favorite Movie Quotes

~Shockwave~

"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb."-Dark Helmet in Spaceballs"Some men just want to watch the world burn"- Alfred in The Dark Knight"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."-Harvey Dent in The Dark KnightLets Go Mountaineers!

Edited by WVUFan!

lol i not know how to astronaut

Ok, I'll try not to spam LotR quotes. =P"Foolish old man, do you not know death when you see it? This is my hour."-The Witch King, Lord of the Rings"Fare well, wherever you fare, till your eyries receive you at the journey's end."-The Eagles"May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks."-Gandalf, The HobbitAlive without breath,As cold as deathNever thirsty, always drinkingClad in mail, never clinking-Gollum, The Hobbit (answer: Fish)My mind is full of Tolkien quotes, so I'll come back when I think of some that aren't.

Edited by Roablin
banner.png

"Far overThe Misty Mountains cold...To dungeons deep...And caverns old...The pines were roaring o-o-o-on the height...The winds were moaning i-i-i-in the night...The fire was red; it, flaming, spread...The trees like torches blazed with light..."- Thorin Oakenshield (and his company of dwarves), Official Trailer for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.Gives me goosebumps every time I hear that song...~Lord Rahl~

"Far overThe Misty Mountains cold...To dungeons deep...And caverns old...The pines were roaring o-o-o-on the height...The winds were moaning i-i-i-in the night...The fire was red; it, flaming, spread...The trees like torches blazed with light..."- Thorin Oakenshield (and his company of dwarves), Official Trailer for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.Gives me goosebumps every time I hear that song...~Lord Rahl~

+100000000000from me alone.-Dovydas

• 3 weeks later...
:kaukau: I watched The Avengers on the opening weekend and it's a quotefest:

Nick Fury: [referring to Loki] Why do I feel like he's the only person on this boat who wants to be here?Nick Fury: I recognize the council has made a decision, but given that it's a stupid ###### decision, I've elected to ignore it.Bruce Banner: I'm always angry.Captain America: Hulk? Smash.Thor: He's my brotherNatasha Romanoff: He killed 80 people in 2 daysThor: ...He's adopted.Loki: ENOUGH! You are, all of you, beneath me. I am a god! And I'm not going to be bullied by a -[is bullied by a - ]Hulk: Puny god.Tony Stark: You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark. Please leave a message.Agent Phil Coulson: This is urgent.Tony Stark: Then leave it urgent.Pepper Potts: Phil, how are you?Tony Stark: Phil? His first name is Agent.Tony Stark: Let's do a headcount: Your brother, the demigod; a super-soldier, a living legend who actually lives up to the legend; a man with breathtaking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins; and you've managed to ###### off every single one of us.Loki: That was the plan.Tony Stark: Not a great plan.Iron Man: Oh, and there's one other person you ticked off. His name is Phil.Tony Stark: I thought we were having a moment.Pepper Potts: I was having twelve percent of a moment.Loki: Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity.Tony Stark: Actually, I'm planning to threaten you.Tony Stark: What just happened? Please tell me nobody kissed me.Loki: That normally worksAgent Phil: You're going to looseLoki: Am I?Agent Phil: It's in your nature.Agent Phil: So that's what it does.

Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

Oh, yes, so much so. That is definitely one of the most awesome trailers ever.And man, it's practically impossible to think of all the amazing movie quotes out there, so I'll name a few now and post more later:A Few Good Men: There are way too many awesome quotes from this movie to list them all, so I'll just say a couple:"You don't need to wear a patch on your arm to have honor.""Ten-hut! There's an officer on deck." -- Kaffee and Dawson."You want answers?""I think I'm entitled to that.""You want answers?""I want the truth!""You can't handle the truth!" -- Kaffee and JessepSaving Private Ryan: Again, just a couple because there are so many:"James...earn this. Earn it." -- Captain Miller"Someday we might look back on this and decide that saving Private Ryan was the one decent thing we were able to pull out of this whole godawful, [censored] mess. Like you said, Captain, maybe we do that, we all earn the right to go home." -- Sergeant HorvathBlack Hawk Down: "When I go home, people ask me, "Hey Hoot, why do you do it, man? Why? You some kind of war junkie?" I won't say a [censored] word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand it's about the men next to you... and that's it. That's all it is." -- Hoot"Y'know what I think? Don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that [censored] just goes right out the window." -- Hoot"I'm talking about your weapon. Delta or no Delta, that's a hot weapon. You know better than that; your safety should be on at all times on base.""Well, this is my safety, sir." -- Steele and Hoot."You're going back in?""There's still men out there." -- Eversmann and HootThe Dark Knight:"Targeting me won't get their money back. I knew the mob wouldn't go down without a fight, but this is different. They crossed the line.""You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation they turned to a man they didn't fully understand.""Criminals aren't complicated, Alfred. Just have to figure out what he's after.""With respect, sir, perhaps this is a man that *you* don't fully understand." -- Bruce and Alfred"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simple makes you...Stranger." -- The Joker"Come on, I want you to do it, I want you to do it. Come on, hit me. *Hit me!*" -- The Joker"You know that day that you once told me about, when Gotham would no longer need Batman? It's coming.""Bruce. You can't ask me to wait for that.""It's happening now. Harvey is that hero. He locked up half of the city's criminals, and he did it without wearing a mask. Gotham needs a hero with a face." -- Bruce and Rachel"And I thought my jokes were bad." -- The Joker"Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." -- Alfred"I like this job - I like it!" -- The Joker"And... here... we... go!" -- The Joker"Oh, you. You just couldn't let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptible, aren't you? Huh? You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won't kill you because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.""You'll be in a padded cell forever.""Maybe we can share one. You know, they'll be doubling up, the rate this city's inhabitants are losing their minds.""This city just showed you that it's full of people ready to believe in good.""Until their spirit breaks completely. Until they get a good look at the real Harvey Dent and all the heroic things he's done. You didn't think I'd risk losing the battle for Gotham's soul in a fistfight with you? No. You need an ace in the hole. Mine's Harvey.""What did you do?""I took Gotham's white knight and I brought him down to our level. It wasn't hard. You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!" -- The Joker and Batman"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight. " -- Gordon"What were you hoping to prove? That, deep down, everyone's as ugly as you? You're *alone*!" -- Batman"Wanna know how I got these scars?" -- The Joker"I've gotta find this man, Lucius.""At what cost?" "The database is null-key encrypted. It can only be accessed by one person.""This is too much power for one person.""That's why I gave it to you. Only you can use it.""Spying on 30 million people isn't part of my job description." -- Batman and Lucius"I want... my phone call. I want it. I want it! I want my phone call!" -- The Joker"Harvey, Harvey, Harvey Dent. Oh, excuse me, I want to drive!" -- The Joker"If you're good at something never do it for free." -- The Joker"You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me. Set the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen." -- Batman"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -- Harvey Dent"The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming." -- Harvey Dent"Gotham needs its true hero. And I let that murdering psychopath, blow him half to [censored]." -- Batman....And more. =PInception:"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." -- Eames"I'll tell you a riddle. You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure. But it doesn't matter. How can it not matter to you where that train will take you?" -- Mal"I miss you more than I can bear, but we had our time together. I have to let you go." -- Cobb"These aren't just dreams. These are memories. And you said never to use memories.""I know I did." "You're trying to keep her alive. You can't let her go." "You don't understand. These are moments I regret, the memories that I have to change." -- Ariadne and Cobb"Why is it so important to dream?""Because, in my dreams we are together." -- Ariadne and Cobb"The moment's passed. Whatever I do I can't change this moment. I'm about to call out to them. They run away. If I'm ever going to see their faces I've gotta get back home. The real world." -- Cobb"Eames, I am impressed." "Your condescension, as always, is much appreciated, Arthur, thank you." -- Arthur and Eames"I need to get home. That's all I care about right now." "Why can't you go home?" "Because they think I killed her."[silence] "Thank you.""For what?""For not asking whether I did." -- Cobb and Ariadne"To wake up from that after, after years, after decades... after we'd become old souls thrown back into youth like that... I knew something was wrong with her. She just wouldn't admit it. Eventually, she told me the truth. She was possessed by an idea, this one, very simple idea, that changed everything. That our world wasn't real. That she needed to wake up to come back to reality, that, in order to get back home, we had to kill ourselves." -- Cobb"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed - fully understood - that sticks; right in there somewhere." -- Cobb...And more.Batman Begins:"They told me there was nothing out there, nothing to fear. But the night my parents were murdered I caught a glimpse of something. I've looked for it ever since. I went around the world, searched in all the shadows. And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me." -- Bruce Wayne"Gotham's time has come. Like Constantinople or Rome before it the city has become a breeding ground for suffering and injustice. It is beyond saving and must be allowed to die. This is the most important function of the League of Shadows. It is one we've performed for centuries. Gotham... must be destroyed." -- Ra's Al Ghul"WHERE ARE YOU?""Here.""Death does not wait for you to be ready! Death is not considerate, or fair! And make no mistake: here, you face Death." -- Henri Ducard"You traveled the world... Now you must journey inwards... to what you really fear... it's inside you... there is no turning back. Your parents' death was not your fault. Your training is nothing. The will is everything. If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely. Are you ready to begin?" -- Henri Ducard"Over the ages, our weapons have grown more sophisticated. With Gotham, we tried a new one: Economics. But we underestimated certain of Gotham's citizens... such as your parents. Gunned down by one of the very people they were trying to help. Create enough hunger and everyone becomes a criminal. Their deaths galvanized the city into saving itself... and Gotham has limped on ever since. We are back to finish the job. And this time no misguided idealists will get in the way. Like your father, you lack the courage to do all that is necessary. If someone stands in the way of true justice... you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart." -- Ra's Al Ghul"The training is nothing! The will is everything! The will to act." -- Henri Ducard"Only a cynical man would call what these people have "lives," Wayne. Crime, despair... this is not how man was supposed to live. The League of Shadows has been a check against human corruption for thousands of years. We sacked Rome, loaded trade ships with plague rats, burned London to the ground. Every time a civilization reaches the pinnacle of its decadence, we return to restore the balance." -- Ra's Al Ghul"A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely." "Which is?""A legend, Mr. Wayne." -- Henri Ducard and Bruce Wayne"You have learned to bury your guilt with anger. I will teach you to confront it, and to face the truth. You know how to fight six men. We can teach you how to engage six hundred. You know how to disappear. We can teach you to become truly invisible." -- Henri Ducard"Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share." "That's why it's so important. It separates us from them." -- Henri Ducard and Bruce Wayne"Have you finally learned to do what is necessary?" "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you." -- Ra's Al Ghul and Bruce Wayne...And more.---And, oh, so many more. I'll be back. =Pnewso1.png Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

"I wasn't lying...it was just...lotion, for the meantime."- Elwood Blues, The Blues Brothers"We're so glad there are so many of you lovely people here tonight, and we would especially like to welcome all the representatives of Illinois's law enforcement community, who have chosen to join us here in the Palace Hotel Ballroom at this time. We do sincerely hope you all enjoy the show, and please, remember people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive, and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You. Me. Them? Everybody!"- Elwood Blues, The Blues BrothersHas to be one of my favorite movies by far.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Okay, these are not exactly from a movie or a TV show, but from three online series. "Oh, so we all fall asleep and get nosebleeds at the same time? Makes sense."~Evan Jennings, EverymanHYBRID, Hidden Videos Jeff: When I was in the Sudan... I had to grapple with--Evan: Shut up.Jeff: -- a hutsu leader--Vince: Jeff's never grappled in his life.Jeff: -- named Akembe.Evan: Jeff has never been physically--Vince: --exerted--Evan: --against anything. Like, you're physically exerted when you run, but I don't think you've ever fought a single thing in your life. Like wrestling or anything.Jeff: Well, those grizzly bears last summer--Evan: Even like with your brother and stuff. I don't think you've ever, like--Jeff: Those grizzly bears... ~Jeff Koval, Evan Jennings, and Vince Everyman, EverymanHYBRID, A Day With Green Feathers "Florida. Filled with things that kill you. Like hurricanes...and alligators..." "Aw, dude! I love alligators!" ~Noah Maxwell and Evan Jennings, TribeTwelve/EverymanHYBRID crossover, Northern Trip Footage "...psychopaths in masks..." ~Alex Kralie, Marble Hornets, Entry #47

Edited by Tamagotchi Lover

Looking for a fresh start...  Call me TL.  

• 4 weeks later...

Some Ice Age quotes:"This is our private stockpile for the Ice Age! Subarctic temperatures will force us underground for a million billion years!""So you have three melons?""If you weren't smart enough to plan ahead then doom on you!""Doom on you...Doom on you...Doom on you..."- Dodo Leader/Manny/Dodos"Don't you have someone else you can annoy? Friends? Family? Poisonous reptiles?"- Manny"I mean, they couldn't be far. They could have gone this way...or-or this way...or this way...""You don't know much about tracking, do you?""Hey, I'm a sloth. I see a tree, eat a leaf, that's my tracking." *snaps branch*"You didn't miss them by much. It's still green; they headed north two hours ago."*sticks branch halves in mouth like saber-teeth* "'Oh, it's still green; they headed north two hours ago.'"- Sid/Diego"Are you calling me a liar?""I didn't say that.""You were thinking it."*whispers to Manny* "I don't like this cat. He reads minds."- Diego/SidNo matter how old I get, or how many times I see it, Ice Age will always be one of my all-time favorite movies.~ Rumpelstiltskin

"Abe, I want you.""You want me to...what?""huh?""Forgot what you were about to say, happens to me all the time."-Joan and Abe, Clone High"Die, potato."*potato puts on sunglasses and pulls out a gun* "Not today."-Some random guy and a Potato, asdf movie"I just think that...there's more...than meets the eye...uh...with you."-Sam Witwicky, Transformers

67tlbk.png

• 2 weeks later...

(The title sequence for The Good Life plays, and Vyvyan tears it down)Vyvyan: NO! NO! NO! NO! WE ARE NOT WATCHING THE B---DY GOOD LIFE! B---DY! B---DY! B---DY!! I HATE IT! IT'S SO B---DY NICE! FELICITY "TREACLE" KENDALL, AND RICHARD "SUGAR-FLAVOURED-SNOT" BRIARS! WHAT DO THEY DO NOW! CHOCOLATE B---DY BUTTON ADS, THAT'S WHAT! THEY'RE NOTHING BUT A COUPLE OF REACTIONARY STEREOTYPES, CONFIRMING THE MYTH THAT EVERYONE IN BRITAIN IS A LOVABLE, MIDDLE-CLASS ECCENTRIC - AND I - HATE - THEM!!!!!!!Mike: (as he collapses on the couch, exhausted) That was a highly articulate outburst, Vyvyan. I only hope they're not watching.~ The Young Ones - "Sick"

Edited by CHTrilogy

~ CHTrilogy

forgive me, but some of these are from memory."why is there fenceposts but no fence?" *ZAP!*"because benders like these oppress us!""I'm not oppressing you! your... your oppressing yourselves!""that didn't even make sense!"arcee over comlink: bulkhead theyre children. just do whatever.pause. screeching tires.arcee over comlink: your where? she's where?!"Are you...certain I am worthy?""You have no idea.""I don't get it. All this chipping away with my hammer just to bring Megatron another hammer?""Mine's bigger!""My genetic code provides my clones with a T-Cog I no longer possess and all I get is their agony?!"Knock Out: "You have lovely features. Perfect for a painful little procedure I like to call the nip and tuck."*Arcee dodges, and kicks Knock Out*Arcee: "Dodge and kick." *Arcee runs for the relic, but gets plugged in the back by Knock Out's prod*Knock Out: "Shock and drop.""What a team we make! I am so glad that you prevailed, Optimus Prime! That wretch Dreadwing was going to terminate me! Now, if you could just remove my bonds, I can lead you straight to the relic."*Optimus cocks his blaster*"You will lead me there regardless.""Hmph! You're welcome!"“I'll be sure to be on my best behavior, Doc.""Please don't call me 'Doc'.""Whatever you say, Sunshine."

Edited by Wheeljack

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

"Humans don't deserve to live!""They deserve to choose for themselves!""Then you will die WITH them! JOIN THEM IN EXTINCTION!""Is not the future of our race worth a single human life?""You'll never stop at one...I'll take you all on!" "Who would you be without me, Prime?""Time to find out." -Just a few of the best quotes with Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
:kaukau: I watched The Avengers on the opening weekend and it's a quotefest:

Nick Fury: [referring to Loki] Why do I feel like he's the only person on this boat who wants to be here?Nick Fury: I recognize the council has made a decision, but given that it's a stupid ###### decision, I've elected to ignore it.Bruce Banner: I'm always angry.Captain America: Hulk? Smash.Thor: He's my brotherNatasha Romanoff: He killed 80 people in 2 daysThor: ...He's adopted.Loki: ENOUGH! You are, all of you, beneath me. I am a god! And I'm not going to be bullied by a -[is bullied by a - ]Hulk: Puny god.Tony Stark: You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark. Please leave a message.Agent Phil Coulson: This is urgent.Tony Stark: Then leave it urgent.Pepper Potts: Phil, how are you?Tony Stark: Phil? His first name is Agent.Tony Stark: Let's do a headcount: Your brother, the demigod; a super-soldier, a living legend who actually lives up to the legend; a man with breathtaking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins; and you've managed to ###### off every single one of us.Loki: That was the plan.Tony Stark: Not a great plan.Iron Man: Oh, and there's one other person you ticked off. His name is Phil.Tony Stark: I thought we were having a moment.Pepper Potts: I was having twelve percent of a moment.Loki: Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity.Tony Stark: Actually, I'm planning to threaten you.Tony Stark: What just happened? Please tell me nobody kissed me.Loki: That normally worksAgent Phil: You're going to looseLoki: Am I?Agent Phil: It's in your nature.Agent Phil: So that's what it does.

Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

This.

67tlbk.png

:kaukau: "The secret is not minding that it hurts." - David.He's quoting someone else, of course, but it sounds so cool coming from him. That's right, the most memorable quote from the film was a quote from another film.Unless you include the stock phrase "Don't touch that!" That might as well have been the title.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

time..... line?*sigh* time isn't made out of lines, it is made out of circles that is why clocks are round!-caboose RvBhope you bought your wallet, 'coz the rent in ###### gets payed in ADVANCE -sarge, RvB

Edited by Than the Moa
do not bypass the word filter