Changing Colors

ankyfdarkness

I'd make the webbed Piraka feet in blue, grey and red, as well as the long Piraka arms which were used in Takadox (grey). Oh, and the Vahki heads (For the grey, that is).If anyone hasn't caught on to what I'm suggesting at this point, they haven't played BZPRPG.I believe that with the webbed Piraka feet in more colours, MOC'ing the species I made up (Mystix) would be far easier. Because you wouldn't have to put green feet on a blue character. It would be helpful in a lot of other places, too, now that I think about it...The webbed Piraka feet are awesome. :)

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Change the 2003 Takanuva from Metallic Sand Yellow to Reddish Gold (the color of Nuhvok-Kal's Krana-Kal) or Warm Gold (the current gold color, introduced between 2005 and 2006). Metallic Sand Yellow is not at all a vibrant gold color and I don't think it suits a Toa of Light.After that, change the 2008 Takanuva's Metallic Dark Grey parts to the same color. I loved him in Metallic Dark Grey, but it would have been great if there had been an alternate version with gold armor and mask. It certainly would have been a better store-exclusive variant set than the yellow Jetrax.

Black hordika necks , metru heads. and friction joints, black pins, change the old gold to Brutaka gold, and make Glatorian Mata Nui gold. Black and gold, no connection, absolutely nothing to do with self MOCs...

Edited by Chaos Makuta: Dralcax

aouROFb.png

• 2 weeks later...

If you could change the colors of some of your parts, which ones would you change and why?For example, I'd change many of my Metru grey pieces to trans blue, because Metru grey parts are abundant and trans blue parts are not.

I would make a bunch of my parts exotic colors Like purple or yellow. Edited by Eragon3443_the Legend

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

metru leg limbs in lightgreysolid lightgrey agori/iron man headskopaka mata sword in silver and white colorschemeackar shin armor in whitelong toa uppper leg calves connector in lightgreywhite skrall shield with the runes on the shield removed.modified version of raanu's helmet in solid white (with the flames removed.)it's a dream of mine to create a glatorian version of kopaka mata.

qs3135.jpg

Black ++ pins and 0+ pins.Tahu Star's mask in transparent black.Ackar's blade in solid puple.and every 2001 mask clear.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Like others have said, red and blue pins back to their original blacks and grays would be nice. I also really like the idea of clear parts, as Sumiki stated.But what I really want... are Toa Metru torsos in the original Mata colors. So vibrant!~Bandoo

~ Bandoo ~

Those disgusting red and blue pins. I've seen many a good colour scheme mercilessly butchered thanks to them.

IKR? I don't see what the point was in doing that. It really makes absolutely NO SENSE.
The point was that it was easier for many buyers (presumably younger builders) to build the models if parts had contrasting colors, both in the sets themselves and in the instruction booklets. It's the same reason a lot of LEGO System sets have bricks in the interior in colors that don't appear at all on the outside of the model. It makes the instruction booklets more legible, and the parts easier to tell apart from one another (there are many different types of 2M and 3M pin/axle that are difficult to tell apart at a glance, much less in a pile of parts).Even before the introduction of blue and red pins, odd-numbered Technic axles got changed from black to grey. More recently, the standard 3M axle with a stud and stopper on the end has been changed to Sand Yellow (dark tan). Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Those disgusting red and blue pins. I've seen many a good colour scheme mercilessly butchered thanks to them.

IKR? I don't see what the point was in doing that. It really makes absolutely NO SENSE.
The point was that it was easier for many buyers (presumably younger builders) to build the models if parts had contrasting colors, both in the sets themselves and in the instruction booklets. It's the same reason a lot of LEGO System sets have bricks in the interior in colors that don't appear at all on the outside of the model. It makes the instruction booklets more legible, and the parts easier to tell apart from one another (there are many different types of 2M and 3M pin/axle that are difficult to tell apart at a glance, much less in a pile of parts).Even before the introduction of blue and red pins, odd-numbered Technic axles got changed from black to grey. More recently, the standard 3M axle with a stud and stopper on the end has been changed to Sand Yellow (dark tan).
Wait, red pins, or red axle rods? If there are red pins, when did I miss out on that news?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

The point was that it was easier for many buyers (presumably younger builders) to build the models if parts had contrasting colors, both in the sets themselves and in the instruction booklets. It's the same reason a lot of LEGO System sets have bricks in the interior in colors that don't appear at all on the outside of the model. It makes the instruction booklets more legible, and the parts easier to tell apart from one another (there are many different types of 2M and 3M pin/axle that are difficult to tell apart at a glance, much less in a pile of parts).Even before the introduction of blue and red pins, odd-numbered Technic axles got changed from black to grey. More recently, the standard 3M axle with a stud and stopper on the end has been changed to Sand Yellow (dark tan).
Well, that definitely makes sense, but I certainly don't advocate it though =P

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

Well, that definitely makes sense, but I certainly don't advocate it though =P
I'm not too fond of the decision myself, but the red and blue pins don't bother me unless they're used extremely poorly (they bothered me a bit on the 2004 Matoran sets, for instance, where they were painfully obvious, but not on the 2008 Takanuva where there were plenty of more important details attracting my attention).And I can't help but understand TLG's feelings when I think back to my eighth birthday party (which was LEGO themed), where my dad managed to acquire several Throwbots sets and I watched my similarly-aged peers agonizing over the build, reading the instructions wrong, using the wrong size axles, etc. While some already-devoted BIONICLE fans hate to see the sets simplified in any way, sometimes that's what it takes for kids less attuned to the skills needed for building to properly enjoy the building process. Those of us to whom LEGO building comes more naturally should be willing to make small allowances.By the way, another set I'd have changed the colors for is Vezon & Fenrakk. Some early images of the set showed Fenrakk in Reddish Brown rather than Dark Red, but the final set had only one piece on Vezon's Staff of Fusion in Reddish Brown. By now every BIONICLE fan should understand why TLG would change a brown set to a color other than brown, but at the same time I can't help but wonder how cool some of those parts would have been in Reddish Brown.

I would change the arm parts so that they were purple. i then would then do the abdomen in a mix of purple and white. so yeah thats what i would like to do but that most likely will never happen. Oh i also would take a maxilos mask and do one thats white one's that purple ones that black and one that would be a mix of white, black and purple. that would be awesome

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.