• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

A slightly different art collection

Taka Nuvia art Gen1 Gen2 collection

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Taka Nuvia

Taka Nuvia
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 11-October 07
  • 4,442 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 12 2018 - 01:26 PM

artcollection_banner.jpg

In order to not flood GA (because yes, I still draw Bionicle-based stuff from time to time! Just never get around to posting it...), here's an art collection. All new stuff will be put here - if you're interested in some of my older works, there's a list at the bottom of this post. As for the rest and future plans, I intend to put stuff up as it comes along, new stuff on top, and of course update posts.

Comments and criticism are greatly appreciated, as always!

----

Turaga Vakama (added 11/10/2018; drawn in 2017)

Hahli Mahri Watercolour Profile (added 15/08/2018)

Hahli Mahri Sketches (added 09/08/2018)

Taka Nuvia (added 25/06/2018) - Original post (w/description)

----

Mantax (posted 12/05/2018)

mantax_th.jpg

(click image or this link for larger version!)

[~360kB]

This was originally drawn in ballpoint pen, then coloured with coloured pencils and some gel pens. And then I re-outlined the whole thing because it was a mess, added the background (ink wash, technically.) I just really like Mantax's design, and it's been ages since I last drew him (six years or something. Time flies. D: )
I may point out that this was done without a reference because you know, I draw most things while on the subway, to uni. (obviously, colouring and background were added later, at home. I don't carry that many supplies around all the time.) So it's sorta inaccurate, but I'm actually fairly happy with it design-wise. ^^

---

Old art topics

(from 2015 onwards, because earlier stuff was on majhost, which has been gone for a while now...)

Protector (Jan 2015) || 2015 Gali Pencil sketch (Jan 2015) || Mastering Water (Feb 2015) || Protector of Ice (April 2015) || Overcome by Darkness (May 2015) ||
Re-built (Oct 2015) || Protector of Fire - some studies (Nov 2015) || Yet another Protector of Fire (Nov 2015)

Nothing you can do (Feb 2016) || Hybrid (May 2016) || Portrait of a Protector (May 2016) || Creep from the Deep (September 2016) || cuties (some matoran) (October 2016)

Rahaga (January 2017) || Nokama Portrait (Feb 2017) || Rahkshi (Oct 2017) || Sleeping Beauty (Nov 2017)

Edited by Taka Nuvia, Oct 11 2018 - 12:27 PM.

#2 Offline Taka Nuvia

Taka Nuvia
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 11-October 07
  • 4,442 posts

Posted Jun 25 2018 - 01:11 PM

New artwork!

tnuvz2018_thurr.jpg

click thumbnail above or follow this link

I basically just wanted to see what my oldest character ever would look like in her current iteration - and just for once, in colour. Because yes, I am still sticking to the old colour cheme from who-knows-when-probably-2009.

Colouring was done in coloured pencils, sadly some things from other pages sort of... show up for some reason. Inking was done with a brush pen, and the background is an ink wash. It took me a while to complete this, mainly because I waited forever in between the inking and colouring stages, because I really didn't want to mess it up. :)

#3 Offline P~M

P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 08-June 09
  • 666 posts

Posted Jul 31 2018 - 02:30 PM

Wow, the Taka Nuvia piece is amazing! Love the detail in the head.

bannerv.jpg

banner.jpg

#4 Offline Monika

Monika
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Dark Hunters Attack

• 07-April 03
  • 9,730 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 01 2018 - 12:53 PM

Very nice! I like how she's posed, looks like she's getting serious.

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

#5 Offline Taka Nuvia

Taka Nuvia
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 11-October 07
  • 4,442 posts

Posted Aug 09 2018 - 12:27 PM

Wow, the Taka Nuvia piece is amazing! Love the detail in the head.

Thanks! :D It was fun to draw.

Very nice! I like how she's posed, looks like she's getting serious.

That was the idea :D Glad you like it! ^^

------

E: of course, today's the day I want to post some art as well ^^' might as well add it in here, then.

somehahlis.jpg

Just some preparatory Hahli Mahri sketches for a small watercolour thing I want to try. (and will also put here once it's done). Ultimately I decided to do the profile view because watercolour's a fairly new medium to me, so I want the motive to note be overly complicated, at least. :)

Edited by Taka Nuvia, Aug 09 2018 - 02:02 PM.

#6 Offline P~M

P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 08-June 09
  • 666 posts

Posted Aug 10 2018 - 03:39 PM

Wow, I hope once you're more comfortable in the medium you'll come back to the front view, because that sketch is great. I love her look of determination, and the shape of the Faxon is really well-done--it's clearly a Faxon, but with a distinctly feminine form that I think pretty clearly evokes Hahli and not Lesovikk (though I might just be imagining that).

On that note, if that was intentional, I'd love to see your take on Lesovikk! I haven't spent much time in General Art, but I can't say I've seen the same Kanohi drawn on two characters of different genders by the same artist.

Fantastic work as usual, and good luck with the watercolor!

bannerv.jpg

banner.jpg

#7 Offline Taka Nuvia

Taka Nuvia
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 11-October 07
  • 4,442 posts

Posted Aug 15 2018 - 10:45 AM

hahlimahri.jpg

... and because I said I'd put it here, it's what I do now. ^^ Nothing big, just a monochromatic thingie to work out how my watercolours behave. And it's okay I guess? Might have chosen a less intense shade of blue, but overall I'm okay with it. And my scanner really hates the watercolour paper. Ah well. ^_^

--

Wow, I hope once you're more comfortable in the medium you'll come back to the front view, because that sketch is great. I love her look of determination, and the shape of the Faxon is really well-done--it's clearly a Faxon, but with a distinctly feminine form that I think pretty clearly evokes Hahli and not Lesovikk (though I might just be imagining that).

On that note, if that was intentional, I'd love to see your take on Lesovikk! I haven't spent much time in General Art, but I can't say I've seen the same Kanohi drawn on two characters of different genders by the same artist.

Fantastic work as usual, and good luck with the watercolor!

Haha thanks, maybe I will. :) (or make an evern better sketch, who knows ^^') Glad the mask is recogniseable! This time I did look up the set before/while drawing it, as opposed to my usual "I'll just draw what I remember from ~5 years ago, who cares..." ^^

Huh, Lesovikk.. Guess I'd have to look him up again, i't been such a long time. o.o

Thanks again! :)

#8 Offline Taka Nuvia

Taka Nuvia
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 11-October 07
  • 4,442 posts

Posted Oct 11 2018 - 12:26 PM

vakama.jpg

Just realised that I can't remember posting this one. It's actually from last year? Somewhere around the end of 2017, anyway. I rarely ever draw Turaga Vakama, although I love that scene in MoL where he whacks the Rakshi (Rahkshi? idk 'bout the spelling) in the head with his staff. Beautiful. :3

#9 Offline Zahaki

Zahaki
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 10-November 07
  • 2,225 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2018 - 05:11 AM

Gosh, how I've missed looking at your Work. Always amazed me how you pulled them off.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users