BZPower Comics Wiki

Tavakai

BZP_Comics_Wiki_Logo.PNG(link)This is a wiki, obviously, for all of the comics in this forum (and the archive, of course). No matter how new your comics are (hey, mine were only a few months old when I founded this wiki), you can still write articles about them if you've posted them on BZPower (provided you follow the rules of course). And there's always stuff to add on other people's comics too.Now at a new location!We've also moved the database, so you need not worry about losing things (unless you keep editing on the old wiki). However, since we're off Wikia, you can't use your account from there if you have one, so you need to make a new one.Also, let's give a big hand to Ziko for making all of this happen (and I mean all--I helped a tiny bit, but he did the vast majority of the work); he's the only one who does anything anymore. :P I'm promoting him to admin whether he wants it or not.And also thanks to Wind for allowing this topic to be created.StaffAdministratorsModeratorsAnd I can't seem to think of anything else to put here at the moment, so I guess that's it for now.

button.png

I will miss the old wiki...It's sad that you can't see pages as you type. That would help in searching for pages.~Exon :hau:

Edited by Exon

I would post saying only, "You're awesome," but I would get reported for spam, and rightfully so. Then I would have to delete my own post or maybe leave an edit telling myself to read the rules, which I wrote. You get the picture.

As you can see, I support the "put a windrider quote in your sig" movement. I do hope it catches on.

O kewl. I be Tohunga. But I suh tinee. owell.

-{ Bad Images }- -{ What Just Happened 2.0 }-

Oh hello, you outdated wiki you. :PGreat to see it's back and on BZP.Let's get to updating this bad boy.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

gah it won't let me make an account >,<I put the right code thing, but it's saying it's wrong.Well, just keep on trying...

The same thing happened to me. What I did was close the tab/window (whatever you're using) and just opened a new one. The code actually changed which I found odd. Anyway, it worked that time for me.Hope it helps,~Exon :hau:

I would post saying only, "You're awesome," but I would get reported for spam, and rightfully so. Then I would have to delete my own post or maybe leave an edit telling myself to read the rules, which I wrote. You get the picture.

As you can see, I support the "put a windrider quote in your sig" movement. I do hope it catches on.

So glad the move is done. One thing you might notice is that page histories only have two edits (in most cases). One is the last edit made to the page on Wikia, and the other is the page being imported. We didn't move all of the page histories because that would mean working with a massive xml file; using the last-edit file made the process much easier.And if you had an account on Wikia, register with the same username on the new wiki. If you don't like the name, it can be changed (PM Tav or me, or leave a message on one of our talk pages--probably me). The reason for this is that we want the edits that have moved over to be attributed correctly, and the easiest way to do that is for people to register with their original names.Finally, search suggestions are back, and the registration problem should be fixed now. Please post if you're having problems with those (or anything else).

Edited by Ziko

Also--and this isn't absolutely necessary or anything--it would be nice if, when linking to a topic at the bottom of a page, mention it's in the archive if that's the case. Again, only a suggestion; it'll just be a warning so people are aware that they'll be logged out if they open that in the same browser. I've clicked on links to the archive without checking first, and it can be a little annoying.

button.png

Just a note, the "New page" thing in "Wiki" section on the sidebar, doesn't work. It leads to a page that says the following: No such special pageYou have requested an invalid special page.A list of valid special pages can be found at Special pages.Return to BZPower Comics Wiki.Now, I'm pretty sure that this is supposed to lead to a thing where you can make new pages. Now, this is problematic for anybody that wants to make a new page. But if it isn't, this is still kinda an issue.~Exon :hau:

Apparently, that special page is a Wikia extension, not a normal part of MediaWiki. I took out the link to it. It's not much of an issue; new pages can still be created through traditional means like clicking a red link or searching for the title of the page you want to make. Since those aren't always apparent as ways to make pages, though, I added a createbox to the bottom of the main page.

• 3 weeks later...

We should have a topic about the Comics forum. I'd make it myself, but I am not knowledgeable enough on this subject. Anyone care to make it?~Exon :hau:

We should have a topic about the Comics forum. I'd make it myself, but I am not knowledgeable enough on this subject. Anyone care to make it?~Exon :hau:

I was actually around when they started the comics forum, so I might be able to write a thing or two about the lead-up to and the beginning of the forum. If someone would be willing to create the page and send me a link, I can put down what I remember.

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

I was actually around when they started the comics forum, so I might be able to write a thing or two about the lead-up to and the beginning of the forum. If someone would be willing to create the page and send me a link, I can put down what I remember.
Here you go. It's not much so far, but it can only get better from here :).~Exon :hau: Edited by Exon

Hmm. According to the wiki, I don't exist. Who'd a' thunk it?....Hintedy hint hint......

You could always just join and write up an article for yourself. I think that's what most people do anyways. Or am I just the most narcissistic guy ever for doing that? xD

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Here you go. It's not much so far, but it can only get better from here :).~Exon :hau:
The link you gave is invalid. This one should work. I believe you accedentally put "[Here" in the link. At least that's what I saw.-Rez

Hmm. According to the wiki, I don't exist. Who'd a' thunk it?....Hintedy hint hint......

You could always just join and write up an article for yourself. I think that's what most people do anyways. Or am I just the most narcissistic guy ever for doing that? xD
And you could always space-unicorn soup rocket.OR make an article for me pwetty-pwease-with-a-chewwy-on-top Kakaru?

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

And you could always space-unicorn soup rocket.OR make an article for me pwetty-pwease-with-a-chewwy-on-top Kakaru?
Did someone saysusr.jpgSPACE-UNICORN SOUP ROCKET?!In all seriousness, either do it yourself or ask someone who knows what they're doing. Ziko had to edit all the things out of the one article I wrote. I can't format to save my life. (I don't mean to be rude. I'd love to help if I could, I'm just not the guy to ask. Sorry.) Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Did someone saysusr.jpgSPACE-UNICORN SOUP ROCKET?!

Marry me.....

In all seriousness, either do it yourself or ask someone who knows what they're doing. Ziko had to edit all the things out of the one article I wrote. I can't format to save my life.

Yeah, you're right. 'Hey Chath! Put down that Gameboy, I got a job for ya!'

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

Honestly speaking, that's basically the truth. As a long time member and one of the few semi-active staff members on the wiki, I can safely say that its better to make your own article than depend on someone to do it for you. For one, the chance that someone will is usually unlikely, for two, they probably will only fill the barebones of the article at large. The best thing to do is to write it yourself.I understand that the formatting can be pretty hard to master, though. There's a couple of tutorials up on the wiki, but the way I learned was having three tabs open: one with the page that had something I wanted to use, another with the "edit" pane open so I could see the code, and then my own page in which I would copy all the code that I needed to make it work. Usually, if you have them side by side, you can tell what does what, so that should be a start. Don't forget to use preview, since that can help you work out all the kinks.And, as always, you can always ask the active staff (read: Ziko) for help. =P Seriously, though, me, Tav and Ziks generally know enough about formatting to help you with whatever trouble you're having; you can ask/leave a note on our talkpages/PM any of us (preferably me or Tav, since Ziks practically does all the work there at the wiki and moderates here on BZPower as well so lightening his load would be pretty shway of you guys).But yeah, unless you're insanely popular or something, you're better off making/editing your own article. Just don't create stubs; I have this allergic reaction to new article stubs that makes me both sneeze and press the "delete page" button within a week or two. =P Edited by #kahinuva

the way I learned was having three tabs open: one with the page that had something I wanted to use, another with the "edit" pane open so I could see the code, and then my own page in which I would copy all the code that I needed to make it work. Usually, if you have them side by side, you can tell what does what, so that should be a start. Don't forget to use preview, since that can help you work out all the kinks.

And I thought I was the only one who did that :/ .ANYWAY, yeah, you should make you're own page. I'm one to talk though, seeing as Blade made my page...Btw, thanks for bringing that up Reznas, I've fixed the link.~Exon :hau:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Honestly, it's outdated and its creators have moved on to dumber things. Not to mention, a lot of the links no longer work thanks to the destruction of the archives. It's an okay reference, but in it's current state, I doubt it does much. Unless it got some activity, some updates, and new links, it may be better just to unpin it. =/

sig.png

Edited by Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

• 2 weeks later...

^ The link to the wiki is already in the topic :P

Anyway, I have to agree with Elijay in unpinning this topic unless the wiki gets some more activity soon. Like he said, it's an excellent reference for past comics, but unless things the comic forum gets a crazy revival, it's not gonna be of much use otherwise.

sig8.png