LEGO Goals 2018 - Ninjago

LEGO_Goals_2018_Ninjago_teaser.jpg

Ninjago is still going strong with thirteen sets coming out this summer. That includes the impressive Ninjago City Docks from last year's The LEGO Ninjago Movie, as well as a bunch of others based on the TV show. Unfortunately, most of them weren't on display at the #LEGOGoals event, but we do have official images and information for you to check out!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Haha, I have a feeling like now I have to review some of those dragon flyers when they come out. :P

There are some great designs in these sets, and I'm still trying to figure out how I can fit these into my budget. Too bad some of the larger dragon sets weren't on display, I would like to see more detailed pictures of them. The Ninjago City Docks do look pretty good too.

:music:

Haha, I have a feeling like now I have to review some of those dragon flyers when they come out. :P

There are some great designs in these sets, and I'm still trying to figure out how I can fit these into my budget. Too bad some of the larger dragon sets weren't on display, I would like to see more detailed pictures of them. The Ninjago City Docks do look pretty good too.

:music:

I'm excited for the Ninjago City Docks and the dragons as well! I've seen a video review of Firstbourne (not in English, unfortunately) that makes her look like she might be the best LEGO Ninjago dragon set of all time! She really brings together a lot of the coolest features of dragon sets of the past, sort of like what the 2015 Toa sets did for the features of past Toa.

I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to get the Dieselnaut. It's an amazingly brutal-looking vehicle, but at the same time it doesn't call out to me the way the dragons do. I might just get whatever unique figs it has (like

young Wu

on BrickLink. I will probably skip Destiny's Wing as well, though I may change my tune on that if it turns out that it can combine somehow with last year's Destiny's Bounty to make it feel more flightworthy!

Oni Titan is such a fantastic rock monster design! It's very cool that Nya finally gets a version of the boomerang blade that was her signature weapon as Samurai X in season one, even if it's a bit large! That said, the figs have a lot of overlap with Throne Room Showdown. I'm not sure which of those two sets I should get, because I'm not sure I can justify getting both. It might be smarter to get the Oni Titan and then order Skylor (the only wholly unique character design between those two sets) and Nya's ninja mask from BrickLink. Since Throne Room Showdown is fairly low priced I doubt Skylor will be too expensive.

Overall it's going to be an exciting second half of the year for LEGO Ninjago!