Tanitus, the Just

My first commission build.

IMG_3097.jpg

Tanitus is a fire elemental who is revered as a deity or god by some. He is the bearer and protector of the Kanohi Mura, the mask of judgement. This mask can only be used when it isn't worn, as its power is to render absolute objective judgement, and the prejudices of the wearer would affect that judgement. It isn't known by what criteria the mask judges by, only that is one looks into its eyes and is considered guilty, they meet a fiery death.

IMG_3103.jpg

Tanitus is an extension of the mask's will, but is a distinct being. He was born out of the flames when the previous prophet of the Mura was burned at the stake for blasphemy against the Great Spirit Mata Nui. The embers of the charred body feed Tanitus' fires to this day.

IMG_3113.jpg

Tanitus took to training Ta-Matoran and Toa of Fire to be his disciples and followers of absolute justice. These students of Tacitus travel the lands and smite the unjust wherever they are to be found.

Comments and criticism are welcome!

:kakama:

• Upvote 3

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

:bigeek:

Woah

*ahem* okay well, I really like the use of the flame pieces, especially the transparent parts with Malum/Raanu's pieces. Reminds me of a more humane balrog. :P Not that that's a bad thing. The burnt figure below was a shock honestly, it pushed this whole scenario up into the "Good heavens!" territory. What a way to go though...  :onfire:

Great story behind it too, love the logic behind the mask, interesting to try to understand what force drives it.

Great job overall! Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5