Set Review: 41191 Naida and the Water Turtle Ambush

• 2 weeks later...

It's weird to me how many people have a hard time seeing the new shadow bats as bats? They're certainly no less bat-like than the classic LEGO bat from Fright Knights. You also managed to mispronounce Naida's name every time in the video, lol. I think Furi's name is probably meant to be pronounced like "fury" rather than "furry", but that much can be forgiven because we've never heard it spoken aloud.

I think the smaller Friends and Elves boxes usually don't have the beveled edges, while the larger ones do.

Naida's new outfit is pretty cool, and i like the subtle inclusion of a turtle motif near her shoulder. I also like her staff even if it's the simplest of the new Elves weapon designs. Together, the armor, boots, and weapons for the Elves this year make them look like they're really gearing up for a final battle. Calypso the sea turtle is also really cute! Turtles are one of the creature types from LEGO Friends that I'd really been hoping to see in LEGO Elves so it's cool to get two in one set.

Cory's head turns side to side a bit better if you angle the neck upward, which is what I ordinarily do anyway because I think it looks better than having it stretched forward. She looks really good next to the other elemental creatures, and I like that she's not super small compared to them despite coming in a set at a much lower price point. Incidentally, I think her shell looks better if you angle the gold horn/tail pieces towards the front of her shell up a little higher so that they meet with the top edge of the shell. That eliminates some of the more conspicuous gaps.

The landscaping in this set is nice, if simple, and it's cool to see a new way of using the disk shooter element. Also fun to see the return of the phantom stream keeper. :P I love the creative use of the new flower and flower stem pieces. The new flower stem is a big improvement on the old one in terms of versatility and stability, since the old one attached much more loosely to a stud than the new one does to any part with a 3.2mm hole.

Thanks for the review!

• Upvote 1