• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

What Kanohi would you like to have seen in Bionicle?

Kanohi

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Legodudelol

Legodudelol
  • Members
  • Toa

• 10-July 16
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 13 2018 - 12:42 AM

I think the title is self-explanatory, but I'll sat it again, what Kanohi would you like to have seen in Bionicle?

For me the only thing I can think of right now is a mask of redirection, Great can redirect any flying projectile anywhere in your field of view, while the Noble only redirects projectiles that are flying at you. All redirections are random.

Edited by Legodudelol, Jun 13 2018 - 12:44 AM.

My Epic: Ahkmou's Return and My story collection: Takanuva's Travels are my stories so far, look 'em up.

#2 Offline Iron_Man5

Iron_Man5
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 26-February 14
  • 1,181 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 13 2018 - 05:53 AM

I think the title is self-explanatory, but I'll sat it again, what Kanohi would you like to have seen in Bionicle?

For me the only thing I can think of right now is a mask of redirection, Great can redirect any flying projectile anywhere in your field of view, while the Noble only redirects projectiles that are flying at you. All redirections are random.

That sounds really hazardous, especially if you're redirecting cordak rocket bolts...  :onfire:  :D

Maybe a mask of transmutation, being able to change inorganic materials into other types of that material (take protodermis, you can turn normal solid protodermis into drinkable liquid if you didn't have a toa of water around, or your armor into protosteel.

"I am Iron Man"

:i:  :a: :m:  :i: :r: :m_o: :n:  :m: :a: :n:

bannerbzp_by_tattorack-d7ht9tk.jpg

signature art by Tattorak

#3 Online Cheesy Mac n Cheese

Cheesy Mac n Cheese
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 13-February 06
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 13 2018 - 10:32 AM

I want to see someone make a mask out of a freeze disk or reconstitutes at random disk and see how those powers could possibly be beneficial to the user.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese, Jun 13 2018 - 10:42 AM.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

#4 Offline TakadoxMusic

TakadoxMusic
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 01-July 18
  • 8 posts

Posted Jul 01 2018 - 10:51 AM

I want to see someone make a mask out of a freeze disk or reconstitutes at random disk and see how those powers could possibly be beneficial to the user.

A Mask of Freezing would probably be like a Komau, although the only thing it could do would be to make a target paralyzed rather than controlling them to do what the user wants. A Toa could use one to temporarily paralyze an enemy, allowing their teammates to easily attack. 

As for a Reconstitues at Random disk, that would most likely be Miserix's Mask of Mutation.

#5 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 04-September 09
  • 1,207 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2018 - 12:54 PM

I would go with the Mask of Electricity because I like electricity. Plus, I think a Toa would need it, like how Hewkii wears the Garai, aka Mask of Gravity. It would be cool to have another Toa have two elemental powers in a way (I'm looking at Hewkii Mahri). That Toa also do that as a defense strategy. :)

Edited by Lenny7092, Jul 04 2018 - 01:06 PM.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

#6 Offline phinto

phinto
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 23-October 05
  • 310 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2018 - 01:41 PM

mask of freezing, freeze time-space of surrounding targets while the noble stops one.

I'm reopening the comic forum on this link below

phintodaily.gif 
the ask-along-phinto comic
chibimaker.gif
make your own chibitoran
gamedis.gif
game programmer wanted.
razorsprites.gif  
try my sprites if you like.

#7 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 07-October 07
  • 5,262 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 04 2018 - 03:37 PM

My two proudest original Kanohi ideas are the Karsus and the Nimmin. The Kanohi Karsus is the Mask of Frenzy, giving the user a brief but powerful burst of violent energy. It is clearly not a mask most Toa would use. The Nimmin is the Mask of Recall, bringing to the front of the user's mind the memory of anything they have ever seen or heard, no matter how insignificant, if it benefits their given situation. The Nimmin is always on at a low level.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

#8 Offline Scrapmetaru

Scrapmetaru
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 30-August 16
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2018 - 04:24 PM

All I can think of is to make more Masks that look good in more colors and to have put more thought into what we got. So for instance, the Kanohi Nuva suck, look bad, and make no sense because half of the six great kanohi's powers can't be quantifiably upgraded; what, does the Akaku Nuva have the power of x-ray vision but more? Can it see through seeing through things?
But in an even greater example, the Toa Metru Kanohi: let's ignore for a moment that great and noble were obviously meant to be two categories of Kanohi, not quality levels, and therefore the Metru masks should've been new masks with new powers. Instead, let's focus on the fact that Nokama's Rau and Lhikan's Hau are the only masks of the seven that resemble what they claim to be versions of. The Matatu in particular inexplicably has a scope on it, and the Huna looks more like a new form of Kaukau.

#9 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 07-October 07
  • 5,262 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2018 - 10:28 PM

All I can think of is to make more Masks that look good in more colors and to have put more thought into what we got. So for instance, the Kanohi Nuva suck, look bad, and make no sense because half of the six great kanohi's powers can't be quantifiably upgraded; what, does the Akaku Nuva have the power of x-ray vision but more? Can it see through seeing through things?
But in an even greater example, the Toa Metru Kanohi: let's ignore for a moment that great and noble were obviously meant to be two categories of Kanohi, not quality levels, and therefore the Metru masks should've been new masks with new powers. Instead, let's focus on the fact that Nokama's Rau and Lhikan's Hau are the only masks of the seven that resemble what they claim to be versions of. The Matatu in particular inexplicably has a scope on it, and the Huna looks more like a new form of Kaukau.

According to BS01, the Akaku Nuva can see through illusions as well as physical objects. The other Kanohi Nuva have quantifiable upgrades, too:

Hau - The shield generated is stronger than the regular Hau's shield.

Kaukau - The user can breathe underwater for an unlimited about of time; the regular Kaukau can't work nonstop.

Kakama - Lets you run so fast your molecules vibrate and you can phase through solid objects. (This was part of an epic scene in BIONICLE Chronicles 4).

Miru - I grant you that BS01 doesn't have an exact definition for this one.

Pakari - Gives them the maximum strength their muscles can withstand.

As for the Metru masks, you're definitely right; they pulled a bit of a retcon on us there.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

#10 Offline Iron_Man5

Iron_Man5
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 26-February 14
  • 1,181 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2018 - 05:30 AM

From my understanding, the Miru Nuva lets you rise up off the ground from a standstill. Originally it just kept you from falling, or if you used it with a Kakama, you could get a running jump off the ground, the Miru Nuva lets you float upwards by your own power. Not as fast as the Kadin, I grant you, but it does more than just keep you from falling to the ground.

"I am Iron Man"

#11 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 07-October 07
  • 5,262 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2018 - 11:18 AM

From my understanding, the Miru Nuva lets you rise up off the ground from a standstill. Originally it just kept you from falling, or if you used it with a Kakama, you could get a running jump off the ground, the Miru Nuva lets you float upwards by your own power. Not as fast as the Kadin, I grant you, but it does more than just keep you from falling to the ground.

I just rechecked BS01, and you're right. I never noticed that distinction.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

#12 Offline Toa Doublebee

Toa Doublebee
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 19-January 10
  • 951 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2018 - 09:42 AM

I disagree that all the Metru masks look nothing like their noble counterparts. Aside from the Ruru and the Komau, I can see some slight carry over features in each mask. I just might make a comparison photo if I find the time/energy one day.

As for masks born from my own imagination, how bout' a mask of history?
Allows the user to see the history of an item/person/location.
would be useful for investigating crime scenes, or solving any sort of mystery.

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

#13 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 20-March 06
  • 515 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2018 - 10:03 AM

Helyrx actually wears a Mask of Psychometry, which has a similar if not identitical ability.

I would have loved to see the rest of Makuta's powers made into Mask Powers. We already have Accuracy and Hunger (and the elemental ones), but masks like Density Control or Limited Vulnerability would be cool.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

#14 Offline Darkmatter Inika

Darkmatter Inika
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 07-July 18
  • 9 posts

Posted Jul 08 2018 - 10:34 AM

A mask of density control would be cool, or a mask of elasticity. And, while I'm just throwing out ideas, how about a great mask of chocolate chip cookies? :D

"If every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs."

#15 Offline Pohaturon

Pohaturon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 11-March 07
  • 935 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2018 - 03:55 PM

[unidentified item] /used Scroll of Identification

^ anyone remembers this from old school RPGs? How about a mask of identification which can be used to give one a detailed analysis of the attributes, material, capabilities and other stats of items or individuals. I'm pretty sure the Akaku doesn't do this.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

#16 Offline Iron_Man5

Iron_Man5
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 26-February 14
  • 1,181 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2018 - 05:28 AM

A mask of density control would be cool, or a mask of elasticity. And, while I'm just throwing out ideas, how about a great mask of chocolate chip cookies? :D

I believe Tuyet actually wears the mask of intangibility, which does one half of what density control does. It can make her intangible, but cannot increase her density to become impervious to damage. :)

"I am Iron Man"

#17 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 20-March 06
  • 515 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2018 - 11:49 AM

I believe Tuyet actually wears the mask of intangibility, which does one half of what density control does. It can make her intangible, but cannot increase her density to become impervious to damage. :)

I believe the Kraata's version of Density Control also allows the user to control the density of other objects within touch (hence that scence in BA3), but that is nitpicking at this point :P

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

#18 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 07-October 07
  • 5,262 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 10 2018 - 07:46 PM

I believe the Kraata's version of Density Control also allows the user to control the density of other objects within touch (hence that scence in BA3), but that is nitpicking at this point :P

What scene in BA3 are you referring to? IIRC, the Rahkshi of Density Control was able to modify its own density to float and phase through things.

Helyrx actually wears a Mask of Psychometry, which has a similar if not identitical ability.

I would have loved to see the rest of Makuta's powers made into Mask Powers. We already have Accuracy and Hunger (and the elemental ones), but masks like Density Control or Limited Vulnerability would be cool.

Actually, the Mask of Hunger doesn't have exactly the same power as the Rahkshi of Hunger. The Kanohi Avsa drains inner light, creating a being of shadow if the drain is complete, while Vorahk's power is to feed off of an opponent's physical strength. If there were a mask power based on Vorahk's power, it would probably be called a Mask of Absorption to avoid confusion. Unless of course a Mask of Confusion was being used, in which case confusion would not be avoided.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

#19 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 20-March 06
  • 515 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 10 2018 - 09:32 PM

What scene in BA3 are you referring to? IIRC, the Rahkshi of Density Control was able to modify its own density to float and phase through things.

Actually, the Mask of Hunger doesn't have exactly the same power as the Rahkshi of Hunger. The Kanohi Avsa drains inner light, creating a being of shadow if the drain is complete, while Vorahk's power is to feed off of an opponent's physical strength. If there were a mask power based on Vorahk's power, it would probably be called a Mask of Absorption to avoid confusion. Unless of course a Mask of Confusion was being used, in which case confusion would not be avoided.

Yeah I thought the Rahkshi phased the wall with the Toa Metru at some point, but apparently not...

And yeah, the Masks probably doesn't have to do the exact same thing as the Rahkshi power does. The Avsa can drain energy as well, so it has extensions to the power of hunger. It's just like how Mask of Illusion creates optical illusions while Rahkshi of Illusion creates mental illusions... but also the Mahiki user can shapeshift just like a Rahkshi shapeshifts? Oh gosh, maybe Greg wrote all these powers with a Mask of Confusion after all... :P

Edited by Podu, Jul 10 2018 - 09:33 PM.

#20 Offline Iron_Man5

Iron_Man5
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 26-February 14
  • 1,181 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 11 2018 - 08:24 AM

Yeah I thought the Rahkshi phased the wall with the Toa Metru at some point, but apparently not...

And yeah, the Masks probably doesn't have to do the exact same thing as the Rahkshi power does. The Avsa can drain energy as well, so it has extensions to the power of hunger. It's just like how Mask of Illusion creates optical illusions while Rahkshi of Illusion creates mental illusions... but also the Mahiki user can shapeshift just like a Rahkshi shapeshifts? Oh gosh, maybe Greg wrote all these powers with a Mask of Confusion after all... :P

Also, the Avsa lets you drain energy/light from a distance, while the Vohrak needed physical contact.

I can understand the Mask of Confusion idea... :P The Komau can read the minds that it controls (  :???: ) and they gave the Ruru x-ray vision as well. (I would've thought infared vision would've been better, (it gives you a similar effect as x-ray, but is more useful in dark areas)

"I am Iron Man"

#21 Offline Jam Pot Studios

Jam Pot Studios
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 02-April 09
  • 670 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2018 - 10:39 AM

Ooh, I have a long list...but I'll just go into a few now.

• The Garai opened up the possibility of masks for the various elements, so I'd quite like to have seen, say, a Toa of Water using a Mask of Air to control storms on their own. Could make characters a little OP, but maybe there could be a conceit that purely elemental masks are harder to make yadda yadda yadda.
  • A Mask of Binding, like Nidhiki/Krekka seem to be able to do. Just creating an energy net would be a useful mask power.
  • A Mask of Petrification, or something to that effect. It's just a trope I like in other media too.
  • A Mask of Dreaming. So a being could enter a sleeping mind and perform the plot of Inception. Would be really useful for the Dark Hunters to be able to steal info or plant ideas this way, though I'd imagine a mask like this would take a lot of practice and skill to use effectively.

Blog|YouTube|Flickr

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations: Green, Vampire Owls, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva, Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

Posted Image

#22 Offline Legodudelol

Legodudelol
  • Members
  • Toa

• 10-July 16
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 21 2018 - 02:13 AM

Anyone else got anything?

My Epic: Ahkmou's Return and My story collection: Takanuva's Travels are my stories so far, look 'em up.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users