What Interests You, Regarding LEGO?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I still follow most Lego-related news and buy Lego sets.The main reason I come to BZPower is for the RPGs in CoT - this is what kept me checking BZP during the downtime for the forums' return.I think that BZPower doesn't need to become anything; it's fine as it is.

The only thing that keeps me into Lego is my desire to make a skeleton minifig army and a Warcraft 3-themed army.I spend quite a bit of time on blogs, and my forum activity appears to have dropped...Bionicle may be banned, but that doesn't mean BZPower will die if it stays mainly Bionicle-oriented. I know of a Commander Keen forum that lives on today, even though Commander Keen was cut short 20 years ago. You don't see them discussing Wolfenstein, Bio Menace and Duke Nukem; it's still a Commander Keen-only forum.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

* "Still Like It, But There Are Many Other Hobbies I Enjoy"* "Blogs" & "Posting and Commenting on Art" are my two main reasons, although S&T still always catches my eye (but certainly not as much the sets forums). I also may have said "Chatting with Other Members," but I'm not entirely sure what that's supposed to mean. If you mean the community and its discussion (mainly in COT and the Blogs), then yes, that keeps my here. However, if you mean just chatting (by PM, etc.), then that's not the most important to me.* Emphasis on Constraction, with LEGO Discussion Too seems like the most reasonable answer to the question of what BZPower should become. That way we could still remain relevant, but also retain that important BIONICLE aspect which (-probably-) attracted most of the members in the first place. We needn't stop discussing BIONICLE because it's gone, but BZPower also has to be able to have actually new topics of discussion.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

There's another question that I would also like if you answered. It's very similar to Question 2.Why are you still here? What has kept you from leaving BZPower?

This could be another poll. But since you asked, I'll answer: I'm still here because I still think Bionicle and Hero Factory-related projects. And once I start something, I generally have to finish it, and by the time I finish it I have ten more ideas.And sadly, this is one of the best Lego/Bionicle project sharing systems I have seen. Nothing has exactly topped it yet.So, for the poll:Question 1: I Like it. I have an affinity for this stuff, but its not like my walls are covered in sets and I don't have other overriding interests.Question 2: Discussing sets and storyline and the third option, since I'm about projects.Question 3: I voted "Large emphasis on Bionicle", but I don't think my opinion was really an answer to the question.

• 2 weeks later...

Why are you still here? What has kept you from leaving BZPower?

BZPower is Bionicle related. :PWith joking aside, I think Bionicle had the potential to reach out to others who never read the stories even more before Lego decided to replace it with HeroFactory (though I have to give some appreciation to HeroFactory for proportions of their bodies realistically).

The-Crew-Xbox-360-Ps3-Playstation-3-Wall

I'm still a fan of Lego, definitely, but I just have so many other hobbies I enjoy (reading, writing, drawing, anime, manga, music...), so I haven't bought anything Lego-oriented in quite a while.As for BZPower, I get a bit out of the site still. I like to blog, though my blog posts here are probably less than interesting, and I like to see what others blog about -- some interesting discussions crop up in the blogs, and some neat stuff can be found there. (Generally, I'll dump drawings I've done in my blog, or perhaps photos of some stuff). I also like talking to members, which might be odd considering I'm a pretty shy person, but it's fun and I've met a number of really awesome people through BZP in the past. I enjoy RPing here as well, though the BZPRPG I've sort of fallen out of (I don't really know why, my interest in the subject just goes away so fast... especially when I start picking up other writing projects), but I am running a COT TBRPG that I'm active in. I may get into some more COT stuff when this school year ends, as right now I have a number of things I have to do for school and a number of things I want to do (Such as, write a novel [30K words in so far], work on two different romance stories -- one related to Skylight [as it's essentially a TBRPG adapted from the story], and another I've entitled Adam and Steve as a placeholder due to the main characters' names, the romance plot, and also because it goes with a familiar theme of a fairly advanced world, technologically, with supernatural hunting a la Van Helsing, plus a small short story specifically for the short stories forum here ^^).As for BZPower's future, I think focusing on the construction-action figure lines would be best, mostly as that's how the site started out with Bionicle and it seems as if Lego will still put out construction-action figures for the forseeable future. Having more general Lego stuff sprinkled in would also be awesome, but the emphasis on Bionicle has to end, if not only because Bionicle is gone at this point and there's no new stuff for the line coming out (thus, no real discussion... outside of "remember when..." or "what if instead of ___, ___ happened").I'm still here because I have friends who use this website fairly often, and it does the best in the TBRPG department in my opinion (I've checked so many other websites... BZP holds a friendly balance between not-too-little content and not-too-much content that will blow up your brain). I'm also staff here, so I have staffly duties to attend to every now and again (assuming, of course, I'm quick enough to get to the report center before someone else)... and it's a nice, friendly place away from the usual drama of the internet, and of real life for that matter.I feel like I typed too much... ^^;

• 3 weeks later...

I said I was actively interested in LEGO, I participate here mainly for set and storyline discussion, and that I think BZPower's focus should be "other". I say this because while I don't think BZPower ever will or should become a generic LEGO fansite, I think limiting the focus to constraction with other LEGO discussion just sequestered to one side doesn't fully respect the multifaceted characteristics of BIONICLE's legacy that themes today are carrying on. Hero Factory, obviously, most directly carries on the legacy of the BIONICLE sets with its colorful robotic-looking constraction characters, but it does not have nearly the same complex story as BIONICLE had. That aspect of BIONICLE is better reflected by the Ninjago theme, which like BIONICLE has a rich multimedia story experience, a wide cast of characters, and "gameplay" components to its sets.

Why are you still here? What has kept you from leaving BZPower?My interest in Hero Factory is the only thing keeping me here.Are you still interested in LEGO?Still Like It, But the Transformers have more of my attenion.What part(s) of BZPower do you enjoy the most/get the most out of?Mostly chatting with other membersWhat should BZPower become?​A lego site that focuses on all Constraction set theme, and with LEGO discussion as well.

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

Are you still interested in Lego? I still enjoy it, but I have other hobbies too.What parts of BZPower do you enjoy the most? Chatting and blogs.What should BZP become? Obviously retain emphasis on constraction lines, but definitely expand its horizons to System and other themes.

Bionicle may be banned

wat

You don't see them discussing Wolfenstein, Bio Menace and Duke Nukem; it's still a Commander Keen-only forum.

Yeah, and how big is the site? It's probably nowhere near the size nor does it have the familiarity among its fanbase as BZPower does among the Lego fanbase, nor do they have the connections to the company that made the game it's based on that BZP does to Lego. It's an entirely different ballpark here.Just because one site is able to flourish on one subject does not mean it's the norm and it certainly does not mean a site of BZPower's size and fame is able to do it. Edited by Aho-Chan

bionicle is trans culture

I'd generally be dropping out of Lego, but I'm still interested slightly. The LotR sets in particular have renewed my interest.I'm here because of the community and frankly because I've never found a better forum. I quite like the effect the word filter has on the community, even if it may seem harsh.I think that BZP discussion can really go anywhere, but I think that the site itself (such as web skins and names) should remain firmly bionicle themed. I'd like it if Hapori Tohu posted more. However in general discussion should go to constraction and other lego lines, and every where else in COT.

banner.png

• 2 weeks later...

I like lego but it's not a huge thing or whateverI enjoy none of those things on bzpower, in fact I enjoy nothing on bzpower, ever, and I stay around to fulfill court-mandated community service as punishment for a double homicide I committed years agobzpower should become OTHER: a total 24/7 party zone

bring back "an cool dude"

I like Lego. I wouldn't keep buying Hero Factory sets if I didn't.I think my biggest incentive to hang around BZPower is to continue writing my story. It's the only place where it's actually been noticed, out of the three places I've posted it. And even then...noticed is questionable...BZPower should stay as a lego-centric forum.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Frankly, I disagree with some of the premises of this question. I'm probably overthinking it but this gives me something interesting to say, so yeah. :PThe first question's third option makes it sounds like you can't be actively interested in LEGO and have other hobbies to begin with. I've been a big fan of lego for about twenty years and I always had other hobbies, who doesn't?And with the second, Bionicle IS LEGO. We are completely LEGO-focused now. It's just a matter of allocation of where we'll be System-focused, Bionicle, or anything else. I voted "LEGO-focused" but of course I want S&T to stay how it is, and probably BBC and a few others. (And in General Artwork at least, we've expanded to all LEGO but most people still post Bionicle art, it seems.)For third, story (S&T) and fanfics and art, etc.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I will always love Lego, and the sets will probably always adorn my walls, but I have many other hobbies that are, at least for now, more interesting to me. Playing guitar, for instance.And I don't really know why I'm still on BZP... I love Lego, yes, but I don't ever post in the lego forums. I occasionally post or comment on art, but I spend most of my time in COT of the Blogs, which I could do anywhere else as well. I guess it's just the fact that this site has been a part of the greater section of my life, and I don't really want to change that. :PBut my answers to the poll:1- Still like love it, but many other hobbies.2- Chatting with other members, blogs.3- We're already completely lego-oriented, but I'd like to see other themes getting a bit more coverage in the news (but with BIONICLE done this is inevitable anyway)

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

1st: "Still Like It, But There Are Many Other Hobbies I Enjoy."

2nd: Chatting, Blogs, RPing (though I don't take part in it anymore, it's still a favorite part of mine here)

3rd: "Emphasis on Constraction, With LEGO Discussion Too" - Yes, I hate that Bionicle ended, but it happened and this site is still trucking onwards. Why? Because of HF and other Lego brands.

And as an answer to your non-polled question: Nostalgia, blogging, and members. That said, I rarely get on anymore. XD

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*