What Is This Place?

Than the Moa

As some of you may notice, we haven't really come to a full conclusion on how to run this forum yet.Well, I'd like ot at least reach out and explain what we're thinking of moving forward. Basically, we are planning on using a similar judging system as COT RPGs. This allows us to ensure that the RPGs posted in this forum are of the best quality and bring the most entertainment value to RPG pursuers. I haven't fully decided who will make up this team, but should be addressing that concern in the coming days and/or weeks. When everything is ready to go, there will be topics made that explain what the process, rules, etc... are for this forum. In the mean time, please do not PM me requesting to post an RPG here, those PMs will be ignored. Anyway, if you have any feedback, ideas for the forum, or perhaps a question please post them here.

Yo.

Very well then, I shall repost my PM here, since it does contain feedback and ideas for this forum:"It's been over two months since BZPower's forums returned, and nearly two months since I sent Than the Moa a request regarding reposting Dino Attack RPG in the new LEGO RPG forum. Since then, I have not received a direct reply, but I have seen in both BZPower Q&A and the recently-closed HERO Factory RPG that the rules of the LEGO RPG forum have not yet been established and the staff currently does not want any new RPGs until such structure has been created.I understand that this is a good way to keep the LEGO RPG forum from being flooded with new RPGs before any rule systems are established, but what about old RPGs whose players have been waiting for over half a year to revisit? Before the forum upgrade, Dino Attack RPG was still active and going strong, and many players were left hanging in the middle of complex storylines when forums went offline for six months. They have all expressed eager interest in continuing the Dino Attack RPG where it left off, but many have also expressed impatience with the extra delays. I fear that I might lose their audience if this is not rectified soon; many are going into college, getting jobs, or doing other activities that might otherwise decrease their BZPower activity, and they might not be able to return if Dino Attack RPG is not reposted quickly.But why let Dino Attack RPG be reposted while new RPGs have to wait? A grandfather clause, I would say. Dino Attack RPG was created in a system where the forum's RPG rules were already established. I see no reason why it would not follow any new rules you may put into effect. It is also noteworthy that many of Dino Attack RPG's players in the old forum were perfectly willing to help establish a structure for LEGO RPGs, as seen in the Lego General Discussion RPGs topic. Perhaps if you let us, we can help you establish a system for LEGO RPGs in a more timely fashion.Please, I implore you to consider this and reply soon."

I have a suggestion: make this a forum for all RPGs that aren't Bionicle. That'd help CoT and make this more lively.

I'd have to pass on that idea. I'd say have a CoT RPG forum and a LEGO RPG forum. It would be particularly irritating if I had to dig through a mound of CoT RPGs to find a LEGO RPG.As for other suggestions to this forum, I'll get back to you after some thinking.

I have a few suggestions for the judge system:I think that we should have either three or five judges. That way, if all judges vote on an RPG proposal, a stalemate can be avoided. Also, judges are elected every six months, and can not serve two consecutive terms. When an RPG is submitted, it has to have a one month community consultation, where members can comment on the proposals, and the submitter can improve his proposal. After that, the judges vote on the proposed RPG.

And kudos IO. You're a pretty sharp kid to understand all that at 9.

-The Captain

Old LGD RPGs:

Dino Attack RPG - Space Police RPG - Johnny Thunder RPG Mark Two - Alpha Team RPG: Ogel's Last Stand

-Signature Under Construction-

At this point in time, real life has made it so that I may have absences from here from time to time. Apologies.

LEGO Universe; October 8th 2010, to January 31st 2012

To spite avoiding looking cluttered why do we really need judges? If we allow members to just make an RPG the community will speak by playing the good ones they like and ignoring the ones of lower quality.Dino Attack RPG was the longest ruining RPG on the forums before the shutdown, the fact that it has lasted this long means it is of very good quality. Why not just let Peabody start the thing? there is little debate weather or not it will be a winner.

That is all

To spite avoiding looking cluttered why do we really need judges? If we allow members to just make an RPG the community will speak by playing the good ones they like and ignoring the ones of lower quality.Dino Attack RPG was the longest ruining RPG on the forums before the shutdown, the fact that it has lasted this long means it is of very good quality. Why not just let Peabody start the thing? there is little debate weather or not it will be a winner.

In February 2010, an issue rose because there were two very similar rpgs running at the same time, and it was felt that the second rpg should have not been allowed to run. It was then discussed how to prevent this from happening again, and it was decided that a judge system would be the best option.

-The Captain

Old LGD RPGs:

Dino Attack RPG - Space Police RPG - Johnny Thunder RPG Mark Two - Alpha Team RPG: Ogel's Last Stand

At this point in time, real life has made it so that I may have absences from here from time to time. Apologies.

So, no real ideas. But I agree with Imperial Officer in some ways. I say a "rough draft" of an RPG can be submitted, which will be critiqued and will be fixed until a final draft is formed. The final draft would then be judged by the panel of judges for approval.I'd also say a rule of "no similarly-themed RPGs playing at the same time." An example would, of course, a Power Miners RPG being approved while a Rock Raiders RPG is running. Same would go for an Alpha Team RPG and an Agents RPG, or a Dino Attack RPG and a Dino 2012 RPG.And speaking of the Dino Attack RPG, I do wish it to begin as soon as possible. As PeabodySam has stated, many players who were in the midst of complex storylines wish to finish them. Four of the people who have posted here (myself included in this pack) have stated that they wish to continue, and three others who have yet to post here also made clear that they intend to return.I'd say let the Dino Attack RPG slide through and restart. It was (or is) the longest running LEGO RPG and we (the returning players) wish to finish what we started. This may sound like begging, (or just repeating PeabodySam's request above) but I am rather eager to restart.

Edited by Brikman McStudz

Would you want some of us from COT to help kickstart the judge team here in this forum, Than? Some outside help would seem in order, anyway, to ensure quality.Also, I'm highly against the notion of "electing" judges, IO. The judicial system is an appointed kakistocracy, in any case. :P

Would you want some of us from COT to help kickstart the judge team here in this forum, Than? Some outside help would seem in order, anyway, to ensure quality.Also, I'm highly against the notion of "electing" judges, IO. The judicial system is an appointed kakistocracy, in any case. :P

The former LGD RPG community considered the matter, and elected judges was the favoured option by a long way (if I remember correctly, when the idea of appointed judges was put forward, no one liked it). Also, I don't want to appear to be deliberately being difficult, but I think it would be good to have the judges selected from the community that exists, as they have experience of LEGO RPGs. There is also the danger that having judges from COT would create a 'them and us' situation, with the judges not having experience of LEGO RPGs, and the community feeling that the judges were not doing a good job.The above said, I'm not trying to be arrogant, I am merely trying to state my opinion.

If judges were to be "elected", I think restricting them to one term is silly- a restriction more along the lines of "not more than a year" would be better.

There seems to be a misunderstanding. The proposal was to allow people to serve as many times as they liked, as long as there was not two consecutive six-month terms.

-The Captain

Old LGD RPGs:

The former LGD RPG community considered the matter, and elected judges was the favoured option by a long way (if I remember correctly, when the idea of appointed judges was put forward, no one liked it). Also, I don't want to appear to be deliberately being difficult, but I think it would be good to have the judges selected from the community that exists, as they have experience of LEGO RPGs. There is also the danger that having judges from COT would create a 'them and us' situation, with the judges not having experience of LEGO RPGs, and the community feeling that the judges were not doing a good job.The above said, I'm not trying to be arrogant, I am merely trying to state my opinion..
I suppose that we could use a bit of both. Now I'm not on the best of terms with the COT judges due to some rather stupid things I did in the past which I'm not going to go into detail on, but general consensus is that they know a good RPG when they see one, and looking back now I'd say that would be correct. Perhaps if you had a mix of COT members who could ensure quality and LGD players who knew the community and how RPGs are run around here.

Elections could create unwanted division, so appointed judges is probably best. Also, I'd agree with Atton Rand's proposal to have some people from COT and some from LRPG to begin with, possibly having the COT Judges phased out once they considered the other judges to be 'trained up' for the position?

-The Captain

Old LGD RPGs:

I think that the RPG that were running at the beginning of the downtime should go ahead and be continued if enough interest is shown. As for the "substitute judge" idea, I think that would work. That way, good judges would already be here, and would stay here, in a way.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

I'm not so sure avmatoran, some of those RPG weren't that popular, and relying on backstory that's back in the archives might discourage newbies from joining a LEGO RPG. I would however, love to see the Alpha Team RPG come back.

Edited by Waffles

I'm not so sure avmatoran, some of those RPG weren't that popular, and relying on backstory that's back in the archives might discourage newbies from joining a LEGO RPG. I would however, love to see the Alpha Team RPG come back.

That's why we made the wiki, so that any information regarding the story can be quickly and easily understood. Also, if need be any of us can give background regarding what is currently happening.The fact of the matter is that the Dino Attack RPG was unfairly stopped abrubtly when the forums came back on. We were in the middle of writing complex stories which we wish to finish.

That's why I said if they have enough support.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

That's why I said if they have enough support.
I'd say that the Dino Attack RPG has enough support, and since it was active before the forums went down I say we should just be able to restart it.

Let's not do the judging thing,there are so many more opportunities,so many LEGO themes,so i'd say no to judging.Instead,let it be a free-to-post thing.Anyways,let's also bring back the good RPG's from before the shutdown,like Dino Attack RPG.-CDP

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Let's not do the judging thing,there are so many more opportunities,so many LEGO themes,so i'd say no to judging.Instead,let it be a free-to-post thing.Anyways,let's also bring back the good RPG's from before the shutdown,like Dino Attack RPG.-CDP

Among the old LGD RPG community, as I have said, a judge system had almost universal support. It had been looked at, in very large detail by the community, and that is what they wanted.However, I would agree that rpgs that were running and active when the forums went down should have the right to come back when the creators want it to happen.

-The Captain

Old LGD RPGs:

How about a RPGs with more than xyz pages get reposted now and all others are submitted to a judge.--That still leaves the problem of the judge.I like the idea of having a moderator appinted judge, and the judge names a successor when he/she gets tired of the duties, and the Mods can change the judge if he/she abuses his power.

"Regardless of your emotional connection to your so-called 'deity,' the continued imprisonment of the entity known as Pandorym is a breach of contract.

Pandorym deserves release."

-Obligatum VII

sprpgbanner.jpg

Join the space police today.

If you hate false links, click here

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/5127 Not mine, support it so I can buy these sets.

The biggest problem seems is who to select for the judges of the RPGs. I think we should take from people who have had experience with Lego RPGs in the past. People should apply with links to whatever RPG they have posted in/ran before, and we should go from there. As for the rules, no "two RPGs for one theme" unless it is a complex theme like HF, and stick to the good old BZP rules and guidelines. The rest of the rules can be developed as the forum moves, which is how most were anyway in the beginning. And the old Lego RPGs from the old LGD forum should be grandfathered in without hassle, unless it violates the rule I stated above. Especially the Dino Attack RPG, since a lot of people are complaining.

• 2 weeks later...

What I think this subforum need is an "official" RPG with multiple topics, sort of like the BZPRPG.

This is a good idea. I'm thinking of a lego universe rpg but with more areas etc. that would be similar/ the samee to the game

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 2 weeks later...

So...Any updates, Than? Anything at all? The sheer anticipation is killing us.

It's been a long time. And I've been waiting patiently all this time. Nearly a year ago, BZPower forums went offline with the promise of being back soon. Since then, I and at least 13 other BZPower members have been waiting to resume and conclude the long and complex storylines of the Dino Attack RPG.But now, it's March. Nearly a whole year. BZPower forums returned last November. I did not want to cause trouble, so I thought waiting for someone to approve the RPG's reposting was the right thing to do. But, our requests to resume Dino Attack RPG have fallen upon deaf ears, it seems.And here's the problem. An important shift in my life this August will likely cause my BZPower activity to drop sharply (or it may not, it's all based upon how much this shift affects my free time, but I do not want to risk it), meaning that I will be unable to attend to my RPG host duties in only a matter of a few months. Last November, I had plenty of time. But now that it's March, August looms closer and closer every day. And if there is one thing I have learned in my past seven-and-a-half years on BZPower, it's that RPGs die when their hosts cannot look after them. It is imperitive that I finish Dino Attack RPG before August, which means I must get started as quickly as possible.And I have to think of my players as well. They all have real lives too, and many of them are in their late teens, a time of their lives where they too might face an inability to go on BZPower as often as they once did. They have all been waiting patiently... Brikman McStudz, Atton Rand, Andrewnuva199, that guy from that show, and many others... but I fear that this prolonged waiting may eventually force them to, shall I say, move on.I've waited a long time. But now, my patience has worn thin. I have become desperate. And I implore you, Than the Moa, or whoever else can do this for me, to heed my plea. Dino Attack RPG must be reapproved, and as quickly as possible.... and if this request falls upon deaf ears, then my patience will have ended. On March 15, 2012, if Dino Attack RPG is not reapproved, I shall repost it without your reapproval. And I will justify this by means of grandfather clause... it was approved back in 2005 by Hahli Husky, was still very active up through April 2011, and, had BZPower never undergone a forum update, it would never have needed reapproval. Additionally, since a major problem seems to be laying the groundwork for LEGO RPG Forum, many Dino Attack RPG players were very active in the old LEGO General Discussions RPG Topics and can help lay a foundation for this forum so that it may support other new RPGs in the near future.Please, I implore you.

I have to agree. We (the players of the Dino Attack RPG) have waited far too long. It may seem selfish, but the RPG should have not taken this long to return. It was the most popular LEGO RPG ever and was still running strong when the forums went offline.It is against my better judgement to start the RPG without approval, but time is wearing thin. Many players are growing up, myself included, and we wish to finish our epic story that has spanned almost seven years. And if we're to delay the Dino Attack RPG's return to the point where we are not finished by August, the RPG could take even longer finish as PeabodySam may be inactive or could truly die. I've only been apart of the RPG two years, but I refuse to let it die without an ending.I beg to you, Than, on behalf of myself and the other Dino Attack RPG players, that you let us get started.

I have never been good at writing these sorts of formal letters. For the most part, my role in DINO attack RPG has been in the background, letting the more senior members (And Brikman) lead the way. But I have always supported the RPG, it has been an honor playing and being part of something that has existed long before my arrival here. During my time I learned to type and my skill as a writer has increased so much. Needless to say the DINO attack RPG was a big part of my life in the year prier. These people were not just guys I could play with but I saw them as friends. Not just any friends but the kind I could share my ideas with without being judged and be allowed a respected opinion. I don’t know if Atton, Brikman, Andrewnuva and the rest feel the same I do, but the shear fact that their loyalties remain should be a clue that we do feel strongly about it. I want to add that there has not been a staff presence at this topic since early January. Combine that with the fact that half of the posts on this topic are from DINO Attack RPG representatives. I begin to wonder weather our pleas are falling on deaf ears.Any news would be great. We have waited too long and it seems that bureaucracy has once again gotten in the way of progress. I fully support Peabody in his plan to restart the RPG without approval. If that is what it takes to get staff attention, so be it.Finally, if I may add one more thing, when we last left the game a major battle had just finished. The last post was:

Kuru raised his eyebrow as he picked up his carbine."Is that so?" he asked suspiciously.

It ended In the middle of a conversation! That should express the sense of urgency we are all feeling. Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

Yes! I agree! We have waited so long! And it still is not up! We need to have it reposted, and soon! (My 1 key is getting a workout!)

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

It is now March 15, two weeks since I posted my notice regarding Dino Attack RPG. I am now reposting Dino Attack RPG, without your approval and depending on Hahli Husky's approval from nearly seven years ago as a grandfather clause. As LEGO General Discussion's longest-lasting and most successful RPG, it was still very alive when BZPower forums went offline last April for the forum update. We, the players of Dino Attack RPG, have waited patiently for nearly a year, but with little response from the BZPower staff regarding the state of the LEGO RPG forum while real-life circumstances threaten our ability to continue this RPG in the foreseeable future, we cannot afford to wait any longer. I have made my intentions clear in this topic, but since the staff has failed to respond to our pleas, we have chosen to take matters into our own hands. Please consider Dino Attack RPG to be grandfathered in, since, as I said, had the forums never needed an update, Dino Attack RPG would still likely have been continuing today.But also consider this message: We have waited for a long time, but we cannot afford to wait any longer, especially due to real-life circumstances that are beyond our control. So, if you must absolutely positively ignore our requests and pleas, close this RPG without a second thought and disregard the concept of being "grandfathered in", then make starting the LEGO RPG forum a high priority.-- PeabodySam, Dino Attack RPG Founder and Host (July 2005 - April 2011)