• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Something weird I noticed

Jaller Mask of Light

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline CommanderKumo

CommanderKumo
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 08-May 17
  • 368 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 11 2018 - 02:23 AM

Sorry if this becomes a bit disturbing but I'm sure Bionicle has done worse!

I was rewatching Mask of Light a couple of days ago when I noticed something about Jaller's revival. Jalller is killed by Turahk and is left dead on the floor of the temple's entrance. Takanuva takes his mask with him as a good luck charm. Anyway in the end Takanuva uses Jaller's mask to "revive" Jaller and bring him back to life, a new body for Jaller is made using the mask as the base.

Doesn't this mean that there is a maskless dead Jaller still up on the surface? What would happend if Jaller were to see this?!

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....KmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

#2 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Always and Forever Cold

• 08-January 07
  • 4,806 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 11 2018 - 07:04 AM

I like to imagine the dead Jaller body was just transported via magical nonsense, so it's technically the same body.

u9et1dt.gif

#3 Offline Pohaturon

Pohaturon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 11-March 07
  • 915 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 11 2018 - 07:27 AM

Considering the Matoran rebuilt their whole bodies with Bohrok corpses, which too are essentially mutated Matoran, I don't really think the corporeal body is sacred in any way, shape or form in the Bionicle universe. Could be the old Jala body did remain up there and they just tossed it out, or rebuilt it into like a pump or something.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

#4 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Anger Pacified

• 10-December 04
  • 6,512 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 11 2018 - 07:35 AM

I'm pretty sure they didn't just leave the body on the surface of the temple. They probably buried it or otherwise disposed of it in some way. Other than that, we don't know if Jaller's body after the revival was the same as before (just teleported and infused with life energy) or a completely new body. It's an interesting question.

#5 Offline Darkmatter Inika

Darkmatter Inika
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 07-July 18
  • 9 posts

Posted Jul 11 2018 - 10:01 AM

I believe BS01 states that when Matoran die, their bodies are beamed up to the red star for resurrection. So Jaller's old body disappeared, but Takutanuva resurrected him using the energy imprint he left on his mask (or something) before he could be revived in the red star.

That's what I remember reading, anyway. I could be way off. :P

"If every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs."

#6 Offline Cheesy Mac n Cheese

Cheesy Mac n Cheese
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 13-February 06
  • 1,328 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 12 2018 - 01:53 PM

I believe BS01 states that when Matoran die, their bodies are beamed up to the red star for resurrection. So Jaller's old body disappeared, but Takutanuva resurrected him using the energy imprint he left on his mask (or something) before he could be revived in the red star.

That's what I remember reading, anyway. I could be way off. :P

This is indeed what happened. The Matoran don’t seem to be aware of the Red Star’s function, however, since they always seem to treat death as permanent.

But now that you mention it, didn’t they also have some sort of grave/memorial for Jaller? I recall a scene where they display his mask suspended in some sort of beam of light (Takanuva’s hard light projection?) before Hahli mounts it on the Ussanui.

So Hahli is a grave robber. :P

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese, Jul 12 2018 - 01:55 PM.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

#7 Offline onionfarb

onionfarb
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 03-September 06
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 21 2018 - 08:56 PM

yeah dude youre all forgetting about the red star
I miss BIONICLE.

#8 Offline Banana Gunz

Banana Gunz
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 25-July 14
  • 1,590 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 21 2018 - 10:58 PM

So... does this mean there might be two Jallers? One in the MU and one in the Red Star?

The Red Star really makes Bionicle canon... interesting. I so wish Farshtey would have gotten the chance to finish the serials. A Hydraxon on Hydraxon fight is super interesting. Lots of cool implications and discussions to be had on the nature of individuality.

Though that sort of breaks apart for me with Jaller since he's a pretty straight laced character and wouldn't fight with a copy of himself if he can help it... unless they're a zombie. It really would help discussions like these to have gotten some conclusions. I don't fully remember how the Red Star handles resurrection, as in if it only needs the body or if the character can be revived just with their spirit (which is so, so nebulous).

Also,I don't know exactly how closely we should follow the movies as a source of canon since at the end of MoL it's sort of implied that Mata-Nui is awakened (I think, it has been a long time). I'm guessing this is cause Bionicle was meant to end in 2003?

Still, it would be pretty dope to see Jaller playing with his old corpse like a puppet. Could start a funny comedy routine, his ex-corpse serving as a dummy. Pull some funny pranks on Hahli. Oh, the possibilities.

#9 Offline Pohaturon

Pohaturon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 11-March 07
  • 915 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 22 2018 - 02:22 PM

yeah dude youre all forgetting about the red star

None of us are forgetting about the red star. The writers forgot about the red star, hence Takanuva reviving Jaller at the end of MoL with his mask is cause for some measure of confusion as it flies in the face of how the red star, and death in the MU, works.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users