Nah, Ko-koro as we know it is just an illusion put up by mata-nui after Ellitra actually burned/melted the entirety of the village to the ground.

• Upvote 3

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

7UTQgy6.png

Episode 2 – The Calm Before the Storm

Upon returning to Kra-Koro, Hua and Trijhak were quick to learn of Davros’ betrayal, with Hua being all too eager to offer his assistance in hunting Davros down. However, Hua’s own betrayal quickly came to light, when the guards he’d ‘gifted’ to Elittra suddenly arrived, Elittra having set them free in an effort to sabotage Hua’s own personal schemes.

Tuyet condemned Hua for his attempted duplicity, and the murder of one of Kra-Koro’s citizens, but Hua dismissed her accusations, declaring himself to be a visionary. With Davros gone and the both Elittra and the Bohrok on their way, Tuyet was left with little choice but to postpone his punishment until the conflict was concluded.

Slinking away while his companions were debating, Trijhak also journeyed to Ta-Wahi to speak with Elittra. He asserted to her his belief that she was a living god, deserving of praise, and destined to rule. He also assured her that Hua was insane, and didn’t represent the interests of Kra-Koro, while Trijhak himself, as diplomat, was far better suited to promoting Elittra and her interests to the village. Elittra appeared to find his offer far more enticing than Hua’s, and agreed to travel with him back to Kra-Koro… thus dooming the village to face two Kal instead of one.

In Ga-Koro, the already-tense situation continued to escalate. Turaga Tomodo kept the lockdown in place, refusing to inform the people of the reason for their imprisonment, a decision that only led to further protests from the disgruntled populace. Captain Maxas, wary of the coming attack, urged Tomodo to allow him to evacuate the civilian populace before the Bohrok’s arrival, but his request was refused, although he was given permission to use the village’s Krana and Toa tool.

Though he was confident in the capability of his marines to defend the village, Maxas didn’t share his Turaga’s arrogant assurance that victory was a certainty, and began to implement a plan to ensure that the village could still be evacuated if the battle took a turn for the worse.

With their Turaga still absent, those who remained in Ta-Koro set to work preparing for the impending arrival of the Bohrok. Certain that their defences could hold out against the swarms, they focused on readying their troops and reinforcing their defences. Ko-Koro, by contrast, prepared a plan to lure the Bohrok away from their village, into an ambush site of their choosing.

Grav arrived in Onu-Koro, bearing an offer to take their Krana back to Ta-Koro. Turaga Onaku was all too eager to accept the deal, but met with opposition from Whenua. Given his own oath to protect the Krana, Elittra’s murder of Vakama, and Ta-Koro’s previous failings as an ‘ally’ of Onu-Koro, Whenua believed that handing the Krana over was a mistake – Ta-Koro would either fail to protect it from the Kal, or seize it for themselves. In the end, Onaku ordered guards to restrain Whenua, and took the Krana to Grav, who returned to Ta-Koro, accompanied by Domor and a contingent of 20 guards from Onu-Koro.

Meanwhile, Davros’ quest to recover Makuta’s mask ended in tragedy. He ventured into Po-Koro, where a keen-eyed guard spotted him and reported his presence to Captain Kunduj. While Davros searched for the mask, Kunduj searched for Davros, and Kaathe – having just doubled the guard at the hut where Makuta’s mask was being kept – searched for Kunduj.

Davros spotted Kunduj and his guards on patrol, and made the ill-fated decision to follow them. Kunduj was soon joined by Kaathe, and the pair quickly spotted their quarry shadowing them. Acting as if they hadn’t noticed him, they dispersed their guards, and baited Davros into following them into an alleyway, where they launched an ambush to apprehend him.

Despite finding himself surrounded by dozens of Kunduj’s guards and Kaathe’s Kohrak, Davros refused to cooperate, swearing that Kra-Koro was his enemy as well, and claiming that he knew of a means to revive Mata Nui. Unswayed by his lies, the Po-Koroans ordered Davros to lay down his sword – Kopaka’s blade, which he’d taken from Kra-Koro during his escape – but Davros once again refused, proclaiming that bringing the blade back to his ancestral home of Ko-Koro was the only way for him to reclaim his honour. Kunduj attacked Davros, who made no effort to defend himself, and was promptly slain where he stood… just in time for his death to be witnessed by Turaga Zee, who had just arrived on the scene.

Kaathe and Kunduj informed their Turaga of what had transpired, solidly justifying their execution of the intruder. Once Zee was satisfied, Kunduj set off to ready an ambush at Tiro canyon, where the Bohrok were expected to emerge, with orders from Kaathe to take the Kal alive, if possible. Zee organised a gathering in the village square, to inform the populace of the coming crisis.

And thus, the stage was set for the battle to come.

The villages of Water and Earth placed themselves in lockdown, not allowing any to enter or depart, though Ga-Koro did little else to prepare, and those in Onu-Koro managed to find a way to avoid the Kal conflict entirely… or so they hope. The villages of Ice and Stone implemented strategies to keep their civilians safe, by drawing the Kal to defensive positions of their choosing. The village of Fire, which had been set to escape the battle unscathed, took the burden of a Krana upon itself, although only time would tell whether they came to regret this act of altruism.

Of all the villages, however, it was Kra-Koro who faced the direst prospects. Its leaders were divided against each other, its Captain was departed and dead, and due to the arrival of Elittra, it was now faced with the prospect of fending off not one, but two of the Bohrok armies.

End of Episode 2!

I’ll be creating new PMs specifically for the Ep3 battles, so stay tuned for those. The only folks who won’t be getting added to one of those PMs are those who stayed in Onu-Koro, since you’ve successfully handed your responsibility over to someone else. You can just chill for this episode, send some troops off to help one of your neighbours, use this time to get some scheming done, or whatever else strikes your fancy.

As for the rest of you, I’ll be making those new PMs, in which you’ll be given an opportunity to fully outline your strategy, and make any last-second adjustments after I inform you of which Kal you’ll be up against. Once that’s done… the battles shall begin.

If I’m slow to respond during this next episode, please bear with me. Running five battle scenes simultaneously isn’t going to be a quick process, especially not in Kra-Koro, where I’ll have to control Tuyet and two Kal, and still try to keep things balanced.

• Upvote 6

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I'm going to be ending Episode 3 here, and resolve the battles in Episode 4.

• Upvote 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Makes sense, and feels like a nice half-way point for the battles to end off on, at least for po-koro's battle that is.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

You weren't left out, you were simply left to your own devices. You guys gave away your Krana, which means the Kal had no reason to attack Onu-Koro. You guys could still have chosen to do something during the episode - start putting some schemes in motion, send out your army to help/hinder another village, or anything else. You guys had more freedom than anyone else in the game during this episode... you just had to be proactive and choose to do something with it. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for not being more communicative since the last episode. I've been out of the house, spending time with my relatives, looking after my cousins while they're on school holidays, etc. Unfortunately, after all of this time away from the game, I'm having difficulty finding the time and motivation to get back into it. 

I've been trying not to let it show, but I've already been struggling with the workload of running this game thus far. I tried to turn the usual structure on its head, and create a game that offered more freedom to players, but it's still requiring a lot of management and input from me... particularly given the way a lot of you have been playing things safe, rather than being aggressive and antagonistic, as I'd assumed. I'm already dealing with a lot of other priorities - writing a manuscript, trying to find work, looking after my parent's house and pets, and all of the other daily stresses and necessities of daily life, and I'm no longer sure if or when I'd be able to commit enough time to this game to keep it running in a satisfactory way. I was very uncertain after Season 1 whether I could manage a Season 2, and it appears that I was right to be doubtful. 

On what I suspect is a related note, the era of Bionicle that this game is based on ended a long time ago, and I'm coming to discover that I don't remember it as well as I thought I did. More and more, I've been finding myself forced to scour the depths of BS01 to clarify details or answer player questions about things I hadn't recalled or considered. The problem is, in the intervening years, I've moved on to other things, found other interests, and it's hard for me to maintain my fascination in Bionicle, in general. That's not to say I intend to abandon BZP or anything like that, but it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to pour my heart into a project like this, when my mind is focused on my current circumstances, and newer, more recent things. I seem to function far better as a player of these games than as a GM. 

For these reasons, loathe though I am to leave yet another game unfinished, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to continue or conclude this game is any kind of meaningful way. I regret to say that I'm going to have to call an end to this Season, and the BZPMN series as a whole. I've learned my lesson this time; there won't be a third season. Sorry. 

• Upvote 7

Well while I'm disappointed to see this come to a premature close, I can't say it wasn't fun while it was going on. But ultimately your own well being is more important than some game.

• Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Ooh not the post I was looking forward to when I saw this topic was updated.

On one hand I'm disappointed because the action was just getting started. But I totally understand having priorities elsewhere, and it seems like this game required a lot of effort on your part. (You should've just done a quick post where you killed everybody; that would've been a solid ending.) Best of luck to your other activities then. :)

:music:

Real life concerns come first.

This was a fun game while it lasted.

Edit:

(By the way this is the only realm game where a TimeLord named character lives unharmed. Aka LordTime)

Edited by Davros (still TTL)

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Real life concerns come first.

This was a fun game while it lasted.

Edit:

(By the way this is the only realm game where a TimeLord named character lives unharmed. Aka LordTime)

but Rassilon survived S3

I meant that a character actually named "TimeLord" survives unharmed.

TTL 1: rock to the head/ dead

TTL 2: sword to the belly/ dead

TTL Agori: arms chopped off/ alive but in exile

LordTime: flies off into the sunset/ alive and a happy free bird 

Edited by ToaTimeLord Requiem

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/