Seventeen Years of BZPower

I was talking to someone recently about how when BZPower celebrated its tenth anniversary it seemed like we had been around for such a long time. From that frame of reference, and from the perspective of the Internet, seventeen years is forever. Things have changed in many ways over the years, and in some regards the web has passed by forums in exchange for all of the different social media platforms available today. But BZPower is still kicking, thanks to the strong community and sense of identity that has formed around it. I've talked to many people who have referred to us as their home on the Internet, and I wouldn't give up the friends and memories I've made through BZPower for anything. So thank you all for making this such an important part of many people's lives, and I look forward to the friends and memories to be made here still! Happy seventeenth anniversary BZPower!

View the full article

• Upvote 9

While I haven't been around since the beginning, and have become a tad less active recently, I still feel BZP is my home on the internet. Considering how quickly tech is evolving or the state of the world, I might be making an unlikely wish here, but here's to 17 more!

:kakama:

• Upvote 2

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

While I haven't been around since the beginning, and have become a tad less active recently, I still feel BZP is my home on the internet. Considering how quickly tech is evolving or the state of the world, I might be making an unlikely wish here, but here's to 17 more!

:kakama:

I can compeletly agree with you. I have a simliar feeling about this website.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I joined BZP in '04, I wasn't quite 12 yet. I ended up getting really enamored by this community, and in particular in RPGs. Next thing I know, I've spent a majority of my formative years here, and made some of the closest friends I'll ever have. Thanks, BZP! Here's to another 17!

• Upvote 1

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

Happy Anniversary, BZPower!!! :bzprules: Although I joined the community in 2014, I had been reading the website since 2006. I’ve gotten a lot of friends here, and I’m thankful that I’ve been a part of BZP’s journey! I’m excited for BZP’s next 17 years! :D

Thanks to Andrew and the BZP staff for continuing to run the best BIONICLE site ever! :D

~Daler

I joined sometime during 2011. I was never around when the site was much bigger but I still made moments and memories with people during the time I joined.

I'm actually surprised BZP has survived for 17 years. I honestly thought it would die out a lot sooner. If it somehow survived this long, perhaps there's still plenty of time to make more memories and moments with people. 

So, here's to 17 years of this wonderful site! Lets go make this 18 years. 

• Upvote 1

pWPTu7m.jpg

BZPower really is pretty ancient as far as still-functioning websites go. I guess that speaks to the dedication of the Bionicle fanbase and the people on the forums themselves. It's pretty dead compared to how it was back when Bionicle was running, but hey, considering it's been seven years since the OG Bionicle the site was made for ended, what we still have going is pretty impressive. I'm not nearly as active as I used to be, mostly thanks to losing interest in Bionicle and LEGO in general, but as long as BZP is still around, I'll still be checking in every once in a while.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

I joined in 2007 to publish comedies. I remember feeling so unfamiliar when I first joined. I thought there was such a gap from when the site was founded to when I discovered it. It's humbling to reflect on how I've been a member for more than half of the site's history now.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I'm not nearly as active as I once was, but I am still glad to have been a part of this community. 

• Upvote 2

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I think the only time I'm around anymore is for these..."retrospective" posts, but I did want to raise a glass to BZP.  :bzp:  Cheers, y'all!!

I also agree with the sentiment that BZP has been around forever...and part of that is most likely due to the fact(as aforementioned) that so many of us grew up with BZP and so it is a part of our childhood, a part of our past.  Its memories are entangled with those of our earliest youth and so it seems as if BZP has always been with us.  And indeed, I think it is true to some extent that BZPower is a part of the earlier internet...which in rose-tinged memories seems brighter and purer than perhaps it was.  So coming back to BZP for me is oft-times an experience of remembering the halcyon days when all was a bit easier and happier than perhaps the experience of adulthood is.  Of course, joy still abounds even now - let it not be said otherwise!

ANYWAYS.  Lest my words run away with themselves, 17 years is a grand old age for a website.  And I'm grateful still for BZP - teaching me how to behave online, what it is like to interact in an online community, how to properly craft a story...and yes, how to make friends.  I still greatly treasure the memories of the friends I made here.  I wish perhaps I had stayed in better touch with them...but I treasure them still.  :)

:tohu:

-IT

• Upvote 3

"What in Kenobi’s name is a Nui-Rama?!" -- Zinyo Tahkanir, Jedi Knight --Toa of the New Republic

fbtm_zpsbsbnmqje.jpg
Hachaian Winds -- Tiki's Journey -- Toa United
qs1482.jpg
qs1482.jpg
qs1482.jpg
Props to Schizo Kaita for the banner!!

Wow, this does make me feel old. I remember finding a link to BZPower from the Wikipedia Bionicle page around '06, lurking around for two years, and then finally actually joining BZPower as a member around '08. So I guess that makes me a member for more than half of BZPower's history! :P

Happy 17th BZP! I may not log on every day like I used to, but I'm here pretty much every week checking things out. So proud to be a part of this community!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Wow! it has been a long time for the site! while I have only been on the site for a year and a few months I have certainly had the grandest time of my entire internet career. A year ago yesterday I won a raffle on this site which proved to me that miracles could happen; the year following that realisation. I have turned my life into something very exciting indeed! I used to always suffer in the sociability field but this website proved to be a great place for me because it was the first time in my life that I shared a passion with a group of people and could just relax and chill without trouble.

BZPower is certainly a great website and I am very glad to see that it has lasted this long and Bionicle is still relevant in this world. Everybody here has been so great to me and welcomed me into the wonderful world with ease. Thank you to everyone on and from BZPower for making this place so great; here is to many more years of Bionicle and BZP fun!

• Upvote 1

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

Happy 17th Anniversary, BZPower!!! You're amazing!

~ Shioi :)

Wow! Wasn't expecting to see you pop up, gladd to see you're still around!

Right!?  That's why I love these anniversary threads - see old faces show up.  Hi Shioi - been a long time indeed!!! :)

"What in Kenobi’s name is a Nui-Rama?!" -- Zinyo Tahkanir, Jedi Knight --Toa of the New Republic

fbtm_zpsbsbnmqje.jpg
Hachaian Winds -- Tiki's Journey -- Toa United
qs1482.jpg
qs1482.jpg
qs1482.jpg
Props to Schizo Kaita for the banner!!

• 3 weeks later...