A place for Good Guy

Where does good guy (https://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/022/011/gg_thumb.jpg) fit into the bionicle canon?

Evil knows, that hope is afloat.

Where life is enslaved, all can be saved.

Light will unite, what now darkness divides.

Spark the flame of the heart

FOR THE FUTURE TO START.

Read my epic G2 fanfic, Beyond Okoto, and find out what happened after the Toa left Okoto!

I believe that he was just supposed to be a promotional polybag, but if he were to be given a canon role, he would most certainly be a Voya Nui matoran, or even one in Karzahni, judging by his maskless head.

And yet, in the Bionicle fanbase, he has risen above his humble stature to become the absolute best-remembered promotional set of all time.

• Upvote 2

:smilematoro:

Greg released in a statement in 2006 that, if anything, those little promotional sets are puppets used by Matoran to retell stories of the Toa’s adventures.

(And honestly, I actually prefer this explanation, since I’d rather have Gold Good Guy be a puppet representation over the actual Turaga Lhikan because it’s pretty pathetic-looking compared to the Dume or Mata Nui Turaga sets.)

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese
  • Upvote 2

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

The two people before me basically summed it up. Officially, Good Guy as well as the other sets with similar names have no role in the BIONICLE storyline.* Fans like to imagine them as Matoran, which I find odd because most of them don't wear masks, or Rahi. My favorite one is the idea that Good Guy 2008 is Nidhiki as a Matoran.

*Except for Gold Good Guy, who was retconned into an official depiction of Turaga Lhikan in 2014.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Good guy and Bad Guy are actually the kings of the Bohrok swarms. Notice how there was two Queens and never a mention of kings? That is because the Guys were sent across the universe by mata-nui to retrieve a very important mask called the mask of canon.

Just kidding they are probably just matoran from some funky far away land.

• Upvote 2

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

Good guy is actually the male protagonist of the entire story. You see, Good guy is your typical guy who accidently starts a harem, completely unintentional btw. Makuta got pretty jealous of Good Guy so he started causing trouble, which explains all of 2001-2010.

• Upvote 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Realistically I don't think there's any reason to include the promotional sets as canon characters, but Good Guy has captured the imaginations of so many fans.

I had the idea that Good Guy might be a Matoran who was tortured and rebuilt by Karzhani, and had his mask removed as punishment. Maybe he mutated somehow to no longer need a mask?

I think I intended at one point to have a reference to Good Guy in one of my fics, as a Matoran who was punished for disobeying Makuta. But it didn't really fit in and got cut, like so many of my ideas.

Stories I wrote

Parts of a Whole Series: An Alternate Ending

Part 1: Fight for Freedom                        Wisps of Memory

Part 2: Army of One (In Progress)

Short Stories:
The Great Takara          
Tale of the Toa Stones          Masks

The Great Beings created the Matoran; but who created them? The creators themselves must have been forged by the hand of creation, and only an extremely ancient and powerful entity could be that hand. Sadly, Good Guy has no hands, so we don't know who he actually is other than some naked lunatic with a tuning fork.

• Upvote 2

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Good Guy is actually G3 so I'd pay close attention to his design for clues and his close association to Duracel where he turns into a Toa of Electricity 

• Upvote 2

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

He's the Matoran form of Voriki, Toa of Energy. After Matoran Voriki put on the Kanohi Gaaha, the Mask of Prosperity, he transformed into Toa Voriki.

(Just kidding! :P As far as I recall, the Good Guy/Bad Guy sets were supposed to be puppets that Matoran used for storytelling or something like that?)

• Upvote 1

He's the Matoran form of Voriki, Toa of Energy. After Matoran Voriki put on the Kanohi Gaaha, the Mask of Prosperity, he transformed into Toa Voriki.

(Just kidding! :P As far as I recall, the Good Guy/Bad Guy sets were supposed to be puppets that Matoran used for storytelling or something like that?)

Yep. That's what we agreed on.

Edited by bohrokmaster

Realistically I don't think there's any reason to include the promotional sets as canon characters, but Good Guy has captured the imaginations of so many fans.

I had the idea that Good Guy might be a Matoran who was tortured and rebuilt by Karzhani, and had his mask removed as punishment. Maybe he mutated somehow to no longer need a mask?

I think I intended at one point to have a reference to Good Guy in one of my fics, as a Matoran who was punished for disobeying Makuta. But it didn't really fit in and got cut, like so many of my ideas.

That's incredibly dark...

Evil knows, that hope is afloat.

Where life is enslaved, all can be saved.

Light will unite, what now darkness divides.

Spark the flame of the heart

FOR THE FUTURE TO START.

Read my epic G2 fanfic, Beyond Okoto, and find out what happened after the Toa left Okoto!

• 3 months later...

Well, the Good Guy/Bad Guy sets were sold with batteries, were they not? Energy element makes sense, then.