Techna

Legolover-361

OOC: It's been a long enough time, and I stated my intent.IC: Swuiop & Thuiop / PrisonThe lightning that blasted out enveloped over the area. The toa of lights eyes went wide, and he tried to use his light speed to get away. Speed does not equal reflexes, however, and he was unable to turn around in time, taking the full front of the lightning. The matoran near him were even worse - each screamed in pain as their body was wracked with pure electrical energy.One matoran, a matoran of lightning, opened her eyes and inched her hand over to an assault rifle. At least, until that hand was stepped on by Thuiop, who gave one last, malicious stare before impaling his pick through her head and into the scorched metal floor.Swuiop knelt down to flip over the toa of light. His heartlight was still flashing. Snarling, she swiped him hard across the face, sending his mask flying. "I'm going to enjoy this..." she whispered, as she plunged her scimitar right next to his heartlight. The blade crackled with energy as the last of his life force drained into it - the full life force of a reasonably powerful toa. Finally, his eyes went black, and his heartlight stopped flashing.She picked up his shield and looked at it. It took her a while, but she finally figured out how to get it to activate properly. Having lost her lightning pistol outside - she'd never grabbed it, and left it sealed behind the stone wall Thuiop set up - she decided this would have to do."Make haste, Thuiop, we have prisoners to emancipate."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Skull, Prison Skull smiled evilly under his helmet. Though they had not seen him, Skull had observed the aftermath of Swuiop's attack. Amusingly, they also had not noticed the bullet he had fired newly embedded in the wall. He observed their action, only part of his head even remotely visible from around the corner. In other words, he could see Thuiop and Swuiop just fine, but they would be hard pressed to see him.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Thuiop & Swuiop / PrisonAnd see Skull they did not. Swuiop continued moving forward with Thuiop, until they came upon a sealed, protosteel doorway. Stepping away and presenting the door to Thuiop as one would show an honored guest, she gave him room to punch the door with all of his strength.On the other side, the toa of fire who was on shift hummed the tune of Oh Naming Day Tree, as the shape of a fist formed in the door with an earsplitting sound. Pressing the red button next to him to alert the guards, he turned around and looked to the camera view of the door.Swuiop, seeing the camera, gave a short wave as Thuiop pummeled the door once more - nearly knocking it off - and then once again. On the third strike, the majority of the door went flying out, into the room beyond, followed by Thuiop.The toa of fire aimed his stun rifle, sending a volley of shining blue bolts. Thuiop managed to avoid most of the shots, but suffered a few hits - hits able to stun a normal matoran or even some toa, but not one as tough as himself, not one who, in his line of work, had suffered stun blasts and tasers many times over. The toa of fire, not used to such resistance, raised his hand and released his more dangerous weapon, a blast of fire. His element of surprise was lost now, however, and Thuiop raised a wall of stone.Swuiop stuck her head in the door, and quickly teleported behind the fire toa. It took her a moment to adjust, giving the fire toa time to turn. At such close a range, she reached up and grabbed onto his neck, sending waves of electricity through his body. She let go after a few seconds and stepped back, allowing him to stumble around for a short time before finally skewering him on her sword.A quartet of matoran came rushing from the hallway directly in front of the broken doorway; another half dozen from a hall to the left of where they emerged. "Seal the paths!" she shouted to Thuiop, who complied and sealed the two paths with barriers of stone.One of the matoran on the other side, the one with six, patched into his head link, calling for reinforcements.Thuiop looked around eagerly, hoping that, somehow, his enemies would come through - and he could kill them. Swuiop on the other hand sat down at the computer terminal the fire toa had sat at, typing furiously and moving around the interface until she finally pulled up a map of the building. "Perfect." she thought to herself.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Emma - LabIn that moment, time seemed to slow down dramatically for Emma. Tsuki's blade moved as if through glycerin. Her breathing stopped short, and her heart hammered in her chest. Suddenly, she started seeing things that she never would have noticed before. The faint traces of rust on the sword. The thin chinks in Tsuki's armour. The mad gleam of sadism in the sociopath's eyes.In that moment, everything seemed to stop for Emma, except for her mind and her body. At almost inhuman speed and accuracy, she dropped both swords, and brought both her hands up, stopping Tsuki's blade between her palms.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

-==IC: Tsuki==-"Seriously; is anyone here from before the Techna launched or not?!" Tsuki muttered, as he shook his head, but looked over at Hrunja with a mysterious glint in his eyes."If you must be forced to remember, though... These are two robots, which I modified to these forms, back before the Techna launched... In fact, I had had some luck with them... Until they were stopped; sealed away in that lab until now."

IC: KrayzikkKrayzikk shrugged as he activated his forearm shield to deflect the blast, and then used his right forearm to deflect the fist. "I've been here before Techna launched. Been a member of the Guard the same amount of time. Doesn't ring a bell. Must have been too small-time." In truth, the description was familiar, but he wasn't going to mention it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

-==IC: Omega==-Omega barely stepped to the side in time to miss the sword stabbing at him, however, part of his armour was damaged in the process. Omega sent another sphere of energy toward Hrunja in the process, however.-==IC: Tsuki==-"I nearly got control of this ship. But then I was exiled to a portion of Spherus Magna, and had my powers sealed... It took a lot of convincing to be able to to regain my powers through an S-Toa replica." Tsuki said, and seemed to smile at that."How ironic..." Tsuki stated, with a smirk on his face.

-==IC: Tsuki==-"It was before the ship took off, when construction was still going on, of course, and they more than likely covered the whole thing up somehow... But; I bet there are some people among you who could corroborate this story." Tsuki stated, as he looked around, his glance briefly settling on Kairan, but then heading back to Krayzikk.

-==IC: Tsuki==-"If you can even manage to get to attack me." Tsuki said with a grin of his own, as he motioned to Omega and Blade, indicating that they would likely stop any attacks meant for him.

IC: Krayzikk"I have got news for you. I'm the Guard that not even death could keep down." Krayzikk's voice took on a threatening undertone. "What makes you think you could do the job?" Computer. Switch to thermal imaging. Athen, scan for the power source of those robots, as well as any other high energy capacity points that might be vulnerable.On it.OOC: It's up to you what they find.

fK5oqYf.jpg

-==IC: Tsuki==-"Because your technology is flawed?" Tsuki suggested, with a shrug. The scan revealed something very intriguing; however... There was a normal Toa-sized body at the middle of each robot, surrounded by thick armour. That is the reason that Omega's arms could detach, seemingly, because they literally were just armour.OOC: I'm gonna speed things up, so that no-one needs to be tied up much longer. =P-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan groaned, as he blinked, and opened his eyes slowly. He laid there for a moment still, eyes still focusing, and then reached for his sword, but frowned, as he couldn't find it.What...? Kairan thought, confused, as he blinked again, and noticed that he was staring up at the 'sky' of the Science District.About the same place I was... Kairan thought, as he sat up with a groan, and winced slightly.

IC: Krayzikk + AthenAltair, look at this. Athen 'handed' Krayzikk the results of the scan. Ah, now this makes sense. So what we need to do is target the places where the extra armor is weaker. Krayzikk would have grinned if he could. "Ah, now that is why you villains rarely succeed. You are too darn cocky." Krayzikk drew his pistols quickly fired at Tsuki, and ran forward to bring himself too close for ranged attacks. "As a Techna Guard Detective, I am giving you one last chance to surrender!"

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: KrayzikkBut Blade had done exactly what Krayzikk had expected. Krayzikk turned his forearm to Blade and shield-bashed him when he attempted to grab him, then aimed and fired one of his pistols into Blade's face at point-blank range.

fK5oqYf.jpg

-==IC: Blade==-Once again, the faceplate broke; however, it was going to take more than that to destroy him."Hehehe... I recommend you try different tactics." Tsuki taunted; both to further his plans, and manipulate him into doing exactly what he needed to have done, though obviously, he had to be cunning about it. Blade, on the other hand, simply jumped to the side, as the fragments of the faceplate broke away, and began to regenerate again. However, he wasn't about to let Krayzikk just start shooting again, and then dashed forward, and slashed out at the robot quickly.

IC: KrayzikkKrayzikk cuaght the strike on his riot shield, leaving a sizable dent. He stepped too close for a sword strike again, and fired at Blade face while it was regenerating.

fK5oqYf.jpg

-==IC: Blade==-Blade twisted his head out of the way as Krayzikk aimed his gun, and just barely missed getting hit. However, another part of the helmet was hit, and began to crack, though the faceplate was still regenerating quickly.

IC: KrayzikkDetermined, Krayzikk brought his hand up and whipped the barrel of his pistol across Blade's face.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

-==IC: Blade==-Blade's head whipped to the side, and he jumped back. However, that didn't really have an effect on the regeneration, as Krayzikk had hit a part of his face that was not guarded by the faceplate still. Blade stared Krayzikk down, and then smirked, as the regeneration nearly finished.

IC: Emma - LabEmma kicked upwards, slamming the heels of her feet into Tsuki's chest, and rolling way on her back. Now having some distance, and a chance to breathe, she glanced around, trying to get a grip of her surroundings. One sociopath, one semi-consciencious Toa, three robots, one game shop owner...Game shop owner?Hrunja! Techna, it was good to see him again! It took all her willpower not to just run over and hug him right then and there. But the logical side of her brain told her that if Tsuki realized that the two of them knew each other, then he would have a new tool against their group.Flashing a quick smile at the gamer, to let his know that she recognized him, Emma sprinted at Tsuki, grabbing one of the discarded swords, and launching it at him.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

-==IC: Kairan//Science District==-Kairan blinked, as he saw Emma rush toward Tsuki, and frowned slightly, as something seemed off."Wait..." Kairan said quietly; but too quiet, as no-one could hear him. Tsuki smirked, and stepped to the side, to avoid the sword."Good throw, but your aim is a little off... Very interesting, however." Tsuki mused, with a smile.

OOC: Hey, if any other people who play guard PCs are interested, I'm more than willing to fight non-NPCs. NPCs are boring.I take creative license to at least have fun writing this, and add in some backstory for minor details. I'm the type of person who asks, "Why is there a goblin there?", or in this case, "Why is there are mining robot in the prison?". Well, there. I provided it.Though seriously, where are the Game Masters? I've seen Tyler Durden at the least roaming around. We've been abandoned. <_<IC: Swuiop & Thuiop / PrisonBehind the central hall leading into the prison, the numerous matoran were gathering, weapons pointed at the stone wall. Behind them came a huge robot, a drill one one arm and on the other a stun cannon.Well, partial robot. Originally designed to replicate the Boxor, the model had once been a mining robot used to unearth materials for creating the Techna. At the time, robots weren't nearly advanced enough to handle complicated matoran tasks, and so a compartment was placed for a pilot. In case the Techna-Nui landed on a planet rich with minerals, a number of these robots were placed on board. Over the years, many were scrapped. Just like toa of stone were increasingly rare, as there was no stone naturally on the ship, the use of mining robots was pointless. Now, this was the last functioning model, kept in the prison in case it was needed, for whatever reason.The matoran pilot within awkwardly moved forward, the drill easily moving through the wall. Sonic vibrations emitted from it, and its fast speed, allowed it to cut through the diamond hard stone like butter, and erode away the surrounding materials. Behind, a matoran stood at the read with a supply of Regeneration disks, in case the robot got damaged.Swuiop looked up from behind that stone barrier in the room beyond, inspecting the map. She could see the drill cutting through and moving around, putting holes in the wall. Thuiop stood at the side of the wall, sending his stone powers through it and strengthening it - where the drill wasn't it was repairing. He could here the shouting of matoran beyond, eager to capture the two criminals.The corporal who stood beyond took note of this. "So they're still in there." Tapping into his brain implant, and thanking Mata-Nui that the internet was back up, he sent the short range signal to the other nearby guards. "Move into Formation Delta-2. We'll catch them by surprise."Still, there was one thing that bothered him. For some reason, he was getting a lot of white noise trying to contact the Police Headquarters. The colonel in charge of the prison had sent a message out to everybody, but didn't think it was necessary - just protocol. Two toa attacking the prison? Obviously insane.Of course, that lazy toa wasn't the one who rushed into battle and got himself killed. Pretty much anybody above sergeant stayed holed up most of the time, save for the Toa Techna. Who knew what they were ranked? All that mattered was they did there job.He couldn't help but wonder about a few rumors though. It was said that Torch had recently hired a replacement for Forcyte, who had been killed in action. Killed in action! Against who? That was not a pleasant thought - Hackers killing the Toa Techna. And it was said that the replacement had soon after murdered the Toa of Lightning, Levacius, with his bare hands!A terrifying though. He had gone to a dueling session with the Toa, a couple decades ago, when he first started. Even in his advanced age, the old toa had managed to bring down massive toa, ones considered the cream of the crop. He had even taught him a few things, both about himself, and about fighting.That was certainly a thought - that one of the Toa Techna had killed a civilian without due process. And in the midst of Technology Tower, with Torch, a number of civilians, and a whole precinct of guards. Even if it was true, that Levacius had attacked this, 'Gust', then he should have been arrested.A number of other guards shared his sentiments. If they couldn't trust the closest thing they had to heroes, who could they trust?His thoughts were shattered permanently - along with the rest of his head - by a spike of stone, which flew out from the wall. Had he been standing anywhere else, he would have been fine. But as Thuiop had tried attacking the matoran in the center of the mining robot, his shot went off to the right - and as the corporal turned to dodge, he found himself the target of the lethal attack.The wall of stone then exploded out in a showed of tiny shards, accompanied by a furious assault of lightning bolts. The matoran who held the regenerate disk held it up and blocked a number of the shots, but the fragile Kanoka shattered after its first block. There was no defense against the next lightning strike - and now no way for the robot to get healed.The matoran within aimed up, causing the robots left arm to raise and fire a pulse of turquoise energy. Before he could fully charge the shot, however, Thuiop was on him, pulling the robots arm off and hurling it away. Too close to move the drill arm back and strike Thuiop, the matoran shrieked as he was grabbed from within the robot and ripped out of his strapped in seat, then slammed into the ground four times until all he could do was twitch helplessly.Though most had survived the attack, wall and lightning, none had escaped unscathed - nobody would even consider the possibility that but two toa would try charging forward. So often did they see Toa, so often did they see Toa die, that these Matoran had lost respect for that title, and lost respect for what that meant. Even Thuiop and Swuiop had no idea of what that meant, but they had been trained by Kinksh in combat even as Matoran, far past that of simple guards - and taught to use elemental powers by the fire toa, taught to use it for tens of thousands of years. Taught to harness what was within them now, unlike the so called 'Toa' of the guard, who practiced target practice with laser rifles.And when those who were still functional stood, they found themselves faced with those two well trained toa. Thuiop charged forward, killing the survivors with glee, and painting the hallway with the protodermis flowing within them. Swuiop, on the other hand, moved on slowly, killing the helpless off one by one, allowing the blade to drain the strength within them.The last Matoran alive, a young one by the standards of the race, tried to grab onto a small sonic vibration dagger and thrust it forward as Thuiop rose his pick to finally end his life. But when the toa of stone instead kicked him so hard that some of his internal components caved in, he stopped his struggling, allowing the stone toa to grab onto his neck and pull it up, shaking the Ta-Matoran until all traces of life were gone.As the sounds of combat resounded through the halls, a team of matoran clad in black leather armor and holding advanced energy rifles, nine in number, came running from both paths up ahead, perpendicular to the current one. They moved quickly and took positions, two behind each corner, three in the center kneeling, and four in the center standing. Behind them, a similarly clad toa, wearing a breath mask to filter out poisons, stared forward at the two, no weapons at the apparent ready. His true mask was unseen behind the gas mask."Surrender," the elite guard demanded to the two. "Or die."Swuiop raised up the shield and activated it. The toa staring at the two seemed stunned, his eyes flaring wide - how had these two killed the toa of light? But as a trained professional, he knew how to react. "Fire!" he ordered, and in perfect unison, the central guards all fired, and the ones behind the corners peaked out, unleashing their shots as well.Thuiop was already prepared when Swuiop raised the shield, and quickly erected a wall of stone. Each shot was perfectly caught. Rather than wait, he moved immediately to firing stone bolts from the wall of stone quickly, until barely anything was left of the structure - just stone darts, which peppered the wall beyond, and two of the elite matoran. Matoran who knew to get out of the way.One quickly turned out from behind the corner and fired his energy rifle. The others followed suit, and the duo met another barrage. Thuiop only had time to provide a wall for himself, which he formed a handle on so he could lift up and move forward, acting as a tower shield. Swuiop on the other hand teleported into the midst of the fray - a powerful blast of lightning prepared, which she unleashed upon the ground, where it spread out through the short ten foot distance, striking all seven of the remaining matoran.Their battle armor wasn't just for show, and managed to absorb most of the electricity. The one closest to her writhed on the floor, dying, but the other three were only slightly stunned. Those on the far end turned immediately and raised their weapon. Being resistant to electricity didn't provide resistance to blinding light, and the whole group assembled their stumbled as she again released a blinding flash, closing her own eyes as she did so, that caused the stunned collective to back way.Aiming down, she fired bolts of electricity at the heads and masks - whichever was more available - of the Matoran near her, where they lacked such armoring. All fell cold and dead.When the others readied their weapons again, they found watched her teleport out of the way again. All quickly turned behind, suspecting that her location of travel. Instead, she moved behind Thuiops shield - from her position, she could see him - and raised her blade up, blocking the strike of the elite toa - a toa of sonics wise enough to remove sound and completely cover up his steps, as he raised his energy sabre and swung down, ready to fell the stone toa.The sonics toa considered a sonics attack, but knew that would be worse for him than for his enemies. Instead, he drew his pistol with his off hand and fired it. Or would have, if there was something there. His attack barely missed Thuiop, but completely missed the vanished primary target.Swuiop pulled back her weapon to gut him from behind, but the Toa, his Mask of Conjuring power prepared, uttered the word, "Kualsi!", and vanished - he wasn't sure where, that was the weakness of the teleport he had programmed. But it was somewhere.Unfortunately for him, that somewhere was far away from the prison - straight in the middle of Pro Coding Corp. tower. His eyes went wide as the ADR in the room around him turned, opening fire on the toa. Energy balls flew quickly, colliding with him, and bringing him down quickly. The ADR then moved on, doing their task of keeping the building close down.Thuiop tossed the shield forward, and the matoran sticking their heads outs pulled back quickly to avoid it. When they looked out once more, weapons ready, they were met by an attack from the side by Swuiop, who swung her blade down directly in front of them, decapitating one of the matoran with a two-handed swing. The other two fired, one of their blasts catching her in the arm and forcing her back, the other straying.When the angry toa of stone came upon them, though, they didn't realize just how big of a mistake that was.It took a short time before Swuiop readjusted. Thuiop sealed the passages to the left and from where they had come, taking careful timing and preparing them well. The two took their time moving onwards.They were so close now, they could taste it!-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Sorry, guys. I myself have been trying to get a hold of LL and KNI to try and get the final plot started. And seeing as none of them have been answering me (and KNI still has yet to reply to Gust) I, for one, have been frozen.I plan to get the final plot started in the next day or two. With or without the other staff members.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: SkullUnbeknownst to Swuiop and Thuiop, Skull had followed the two either forcing entry where necessary, or in this case, slipping through the door during the fight before they sealed it off. The toa crouched in a crevice, unseen by either side of he fight, or otherwise blocked out by the confusion. He nodded with approval as he observed. These toa were trained well.

fK5oqYf.jpg

-==IC: Tsuki==-"I was not truly considered a warlord at the time. I simply wanted to finish what was being started. I felt that the S-Toa design was correct, but that we should've stayed there, to gather more materials. And to stop normal Toa from using all said Materials along the way. The only thing I didn't count on, however, was that two S-Toa, or at least one S-Toa, and one based on the S-Toa designs, but more Robotic... They more or less held off Omega and Blade here long enough for the two robots here to get sealed. And of course, I was then captured. But; here, especially since it appears one of them doesn't recall this at all... I can succeed where I failed. This should be for S-Toa only; and I'll make sure that happens." Tsuki said with a smile.OOC: Just curious; does anyone have guns that could cause explosions? In our small group that's fighting, that is. =P

OOC: Krayzikk has a very big gun, that causes lots and lost of damage if fired, but he can't move for a long time after. Unless of course, he had another power source.......IC: KrayzikkAt this rate, I might have to use it....... Krayzikk thought to himself. But if it were to fail, I would be done for. I would be taking a leap of faith, both in the weapon's ability, as well as in my 'comrades' here.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: What kind of power source would be needed?-==IC: Kairan//Science District==-Kairan slowly stood up, and walked toward the robot that was attacking Krayzikk. He fired a blast of lightning that hit Blade's faceplate, and shattered it, and Kairan stopped in his tracks, as he gasped."What... What's going on here!?" Kairan yelled out, as he stared into what seemed to be his face, just, more evil."You honestly believed you were from Spherus Magna the entire time? Hah! You're just a copy! Blade... The original Kairan... He is the true Kairan, upholder of 'justice'. I simply modified him to be more effective, with the armour." Tsuki taunted, and Kairan stepped back, in total shock, as he shook his head, kinda unable to believe that, but couldn't find any true memories that supported that."You are a 'replica' of Blade... Made both to try and stop him the first time, but then put into stasis until a while back; when your memory was wiped. But you? A hero? You're just another S-Toa. This is the true hero." Tsuki said, as Kairan blinked, and looked at the ground, not knowing what to think."... You talk too much." A voice called out, as a blast destroyed Omega's faceplate."Target their armour; a powerful enough explosion should wipe them out." Zero said, as he ran up to the scene, his saber in hand, though he slightly frowned at Omega's state."I'm guessing that guy's the 'true me' as well?" Zero questioned, and Tsuki smirked, but Zero simply turned his head away."I couldn't care less. As long as I've made myself who I should be, I'm not going to worry about things like 'originals' or 'copies' or such. I fight for those I believe in. And definitely not you." Zero said, as he glared at Tsuki again.

OOC: Perfect. >=D-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan blinked, but nodded slightly, still frowning, but did walk over to where Krayzikk was."Yeah...?" Kairan asked, still not that certain how to react to the news that he was simply a copy.

IC: Krayzikk"If you wanna show these buffoons who is boss, I need you to put your hand on my shoulder. And when I say so, I need you to zap me with a heck of a lot of electricity." Krayzikk would have grinned, if he still could. And it showed in his tone.

fK5oqYf.jpg

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan frowned slightly, but nodded, as he put his hand on Krayzikk's robotic shoulder."Alright..." Kairan said, as he looked forward, still not understanding entirely what was going on, but this situation was seemingly... familiar, almost.

IC: KrayzikkKrayzikk grinned, and faced Omega, Tsuki and Blade. "Disengaging physical locks. Authorization: Krayzikk Altair." There was a loud 'clunk' as several deadbolts disengaged. Then, a shifting of metal as an incredibly large cannon transformed out of Krayzikk's shoulder, leaving both his shoulder and back less bulky than normal. "Stabilizers active." Large , spiked metal pieces folded out from his feet and embedded themselves in the ground.

fK5oqYf.jpg