Techna

Legolover-361

IC: TainTain whirled, Cornershot raised. Then he saw who was addressing him, and lowered it. "Don't I know it, Commander Airu. I was eating in a restaurant. Then all karz broke loose. Thankfully, I hadn't gone home since yesterday, and thus," He hefted the Cornershot. "I still had this on me."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: VranosThe black armor Toa of air was instantly on guard after the gunshot, pale eyes searching for even the slightest threats. He barely stopped himself from digging a claws into the chest of the oncoming being, but stopped when he realized it wasn't a threat.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Airu (Hacker Siege)"At ease, Toa," said Airu, nodded his head in greeting. "Commander Airu, head of the Techna Guard."He smiled, slowly lightening up at the sight of a familiar face."Good to see you, kid. What's the status of the CKC?"-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: TainTain shrugged. "I'm not sure, sir. They told us that it was closed for the rest of the day yesterday, and well, Ga'mal and I went to a restaurant, and then all karz broke loose. We've been fighting our way toward Police HQ since. Figured it was the safest place." Tain grinned. "It's sure as karz good to see you though."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (outside Technology Tower):Raknar's force was wild, consisting of mostly untrained, disorganized programmers for whom holding a blaster wasn't second nature but rather seventh. Not a problem. Raknar could deal with the rabble."Division A!" he called over the noise. "Circle round to the southwest! Attack the forces from behind!"In compliance, the division ran off. Half of its fighters went out of their way to fire at enemies and thus ruin any chances of surprise the force was holding. Raknar gave the division twenty minutes to live."Divisions B through C! Go round to the northeast!"Another two twenty-five-man divisions split off from the main group."Division D," said Raknar, "take cover, then make your way toward the TT! When the other forces strike, charge!"The men followed Raknar's orders promptly. Three men followed Raknar himself, who smashed through a nearby window and immediately stunned both the room's occupants before securing a post by the opposite window. The other three men stayed standing around on the grimy floor of the forgery's back room.

Noir/S&D Library, Torch's ImplantIC:

[...]Eject program "Noir" into computer IP 35.675.4456?y/n_

IC (Security and Defense Library):Torch gritted his teeth. But what choice did he have? One virus versus all of Techna Nui could hardly be a contest. Life support systems weren't even connected to the SCPU for fear that a single failure might result in everyone dying for it.Even logic didn't stop Torch's hesitation as he typed a single letter, nor did it prevent him from cursing his situation. Multiple times.> yDumping file(s).Dumping file(s)..Dumping file(s)...Process complete.

IC: Airu (Hacker Siege)"Yes," said Airu, a grim look on his face. "Whatever forces that were left in Tech Tower have either been butchered or fell back to HQ. The CKC is under heavy assault, and last I heard, there were about five or six hundred Hackers marching on the Libraries. We have word of a couple dozen Hackers who have taken control of the Housing District. They have the entire ship by the throat. Not to mention the planetary mass coming up on Techna..."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: TainTain's eyes were as wide as saucers. "I never, ever, could have imagined it would be that bad. In other words, for the moment, Techna is toast."

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Vranos"Planetary mass? Techna is crashing into a planet?" Vranos asked, starting to piece together what was going on in the city. He wasn't a defense officer, he was of no connection to the law in any way. But he was on their side at the moment, unless he saw a reason to be otherwise.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC-Kal:Kal was annoyed. First, the bloody hackers decided to start running around the streets, disrupting his business, and now they were trying to force him to fight!And it was working. Kal fought for Techna, as much as he disliked fighting. He stalked through an alley. A hacker jumped out towards him, a rifle raised. Kal used his mask of Time Perception, moving away before the being fired his weapon, and then threw a knife.He reverted back to normal time as the hacker dropped. He grabbed his knife, and walked into a small area, seeing a few other beings there. He walked up to them, annoyed."Would somebody please tell me what's going on?" He said to them. OOC: That's Airu, Tain, and Vranos, so that you guys know. :P

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Airu (Hacker Siege)"We can't actually call it a planet, because it's definitely technical. It sent out an EMP about an hour ago that completely destroyed the ship's starboard sensors. We're flying blind."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC-Kal:"Hold on," Kal said, jumping into the conversation between the three. "You say we're flying blind?" Kal shook his head in anger. "We have to try and force our way into the Tech Tower," he said then. "I might be able to fix some things, I have some experience as a computer programmer." He smiled then, twirling his knife absently."If anything, I could mess with the hackers," he said then.

profiles i guess

IC: TainTain looked at Kal. "I have three things to tell you dude. One. We have way bigger problems than flying blind. Two. Tech Tower is surrounded by a mob of Hackers and we have little to no backup. Three. If anyone was going to fix anything, it'd be a licensed computer technician. Like me."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Kal:"Well, there is some sort of tunnel system, I wouldn't know if the hackers are down there too...if they weren't, we might be able to go under them. And I used to have a license, before the person in charge of me thought I was hacking something." He frowned, thinking back to the hacker he had just killed."The hacker was my partner, actually, he just tried to kill me," Kal said. "Besides that, I could still probably leave the hackers a nasty surprise. That old partner of mine tried to recruit me, and he told me more than he should have." Kal smiled. "So, what do you say? Try and get backup, fix the sensors, and get away, or do we just wait until we're crushed into a big, bloody mess?" He asked them.

profiles i guess

IC: Airu (Hacker Siege)"Oh, sure, we could get into Tech Tower," Airu said, eyeing the newcomer impatiently. "Let me just go back to Police HQ and get Gust to open up the Techna unicorn stable, and then we can ride in with lightsabers and cut down enough Hackers to get us inside."He turned back to Vranos."We're diverting our charted course to avoid collision, but if these Hackers divert us off course, then there's no telling when we might hit it..."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Tain"Now now." Tain backed up. "I would remind you that impact was never specified. And if it is mechanical, than there is a high probability that it is designed to avoid impacts. To do otherwise would be illogical."He paused at Airu's statement. "Okay. Now an impact is specified. Karz."

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Kal:Kal pulled out his original weapon, which pretty much was a lightsaber. "Will this do?" He asked, jokingly. "Alright, if the tunnels aren't an option either, help me find a pretty high-quality computer. I can scramble hacker comm channels." He grabbed his knives, looking to the others."Is that a better idea?" He asked them, ready to head off. Waiting in one place generally wasn't a good idea in the middle of a battle, as he had learned the hard way.

profiles i guess

IC: Tain"I'd point out, that everyone here except Commander Airu is a civilian." Tain pointed out. "Which means we need permission, and clearance, to do anything that can't be qualified as self-defense."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Vranos"I see... So how is it that we stop them from changing the course of the city? If we know where to defend, then maybe we can stop this before it gets too far." He winds shifted as he moved his arms. He couldn't fight at a range from the air, but he could carry at least one, if not two people into the sky with him. If they needed to travel swiftly, he could accomplish that. He looked at Tain. "This is a fight, I think the rules have changed."

Edited by Zoma

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Golden Hammer / Heading to Technology TowerIt was slow going, but not a loss was suffered. In fact, a wise move by Kinksh had instead directed the group to helping a few civilians as well."There is no point in kill them." he had declared, despite the please Thuiop issued. "Killing innocents purely for the fun puts us in danger of losing public trust. These Hackers don't care - kill all of them that you see. But while intact may be difficult now, we need the city ready."The group avoided the primary Hacker forces. But groups twice their size were easily dispatched - Kinksh alone, with speed and flame, was an easy match for the poorly disciplined Hackers, and with the others backing him was making a clear line. A few warriors had formed a militia and joined up with them at the head, trying to join the main combat at Technology Tower."Lovely..." he thought to himself. "Now I'm leading a bunch of want-to-be heroes to their death as well. In the end this may be to our advantage. We will have loyalists across the city, those who were saved from enemies."Swuiop darted from rooftop to rooftop, teleporting down and killing enemies quickly. Thuiop took care of heavier work - removing obstacles, creating barriers, and crushing enemies directly ahead. Each shot of his weapon, when it hit, could send a Matoran - or pieces thereof - flying.Rinnder stayed close, taking out anything he saw, and keeping a constant guard for Kinksh."For the Golden Hammer!" the proud, cloaked warrior cried out as he continued his bloody swathe.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Emma - LabEmma would've laughed if her situation had been less...life-threatening. The sheer strangeness of fighting an insane clone with a Toa only that evening she had been playing board games with."Of course..." she murmured, before dropping to the ground, and rolling hard to the right, narrowly avoiding the attack. She shouted as her shoulder slammed into the far wall, sending a couple pieces of armour flying into space... And only a few embedding themselves into the tissue.Holding back tears, she got back to her feet, picking up a piece of masonry, the only weapon at her disposal.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: TainIn contrast to his previous statement, Tain shot a Hacker that was rounding a corner. "Technically self-defense, sir." Tain said to Airu with a grin. "So what's the plan? Get back to the HQ, or do something stupid?"Krayzikk, HQKrayzikk ran one final systems check.Diagnosic in Progress........Power Levels: 89% Sensors: Optimum EfficiencyMotor Control: 93%Armor Integrity: 87%Transformation Cog: FunctionalKrayzikk nodded to himself. "Athen, what is the status?""Nothing new, Altair. Though I have detected Tain, Ga'mal, and two other beings a few blocks away. I believe that one is Commander Airu."Krayzikk nodded, and saluted Gust. "Techna Gust. Krayzikk Altair reporting for duty."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC - WarMatrapolix leaped up, high into the air. He managed to dodge most fire from enemies- it wasn't all based at him luckily -and land on his feet. He looked at his watch.25%He clicked it again and a temporary blast shield surrounded him. A AHS, or Artificial Hau Simulation, and it would protect him as he and his small army charged the enemy. Not a bullet took him down, though his shield ever weakened. 27%The forces met, and people on both sides were butchered. His forces were only still alive because of their better training and arguable better weapons. They still faced devastating losses. The enemy was untrained in this kind of combat, but Matrapolix didn't care about them. He had five minutes left of shield and he knew how to use it.In moments, he'd bursted his AHS, and gotten in forty feet of Enaltai. Four men had the Techna's back, Uzis opening fire on opponents. Matrapolix didn't engage Enaltai directly yet, though he fired several pistol shots."Brother," he said into his comlink, "You still have the chance to stop this. What you're planning is unstable, we could crash into a sun. Look, I know we've put knives in each other's back. But somewhere, I know you're still the friend I fought alongside with. The only other Techna to offer to take Ion's place- you and me. Remember Aine? Do you think this is what she wanted?"He gestured to the flames. The killing. 34%

Edited by Shadow Guardian

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: (The Western Front)Enaltai just stood there, frozen in a motionless position with his blades drawn. A highly defensive position, but for a splitsecond, it seemed as time stopped."Don't you dare do that!" she almost angrily screamed as he tickled her neck. She always was ticklish there. "You know how I hate that.""Aye, that's why I do it."She shoved him away, breaking out of his gentle hug. "You're a very evil person, Enaltai." she said, albeit grinning just a little.Very evil person...Oh great. Now he was having flashbacks. Enaltai hated the past. He hated his mistakes and the ways he had gone right, he hated it all, he just wanted the future: screw the past, screw the present, he'd step over their graves to find a moment where he'd be safe from all that's happened. To a moment quite different from all of them before, to a world completely different from his, past and present alike.Most called it, "Freedom".He was going to be free, Karz it, and he was going to be free today or die trying.As quick as that motionlessness came over him, equally quick did it go away. His right hand blade shot forward to point at Matrapolix accusingly."Don't you dare speak to me of Aine. The only problem in my life that I ever thought worth solving, and you, and all of Techna, you took that chance from me. I forgave you Aine... the way you'd all sent her out to die in that experiment room. I wanted to go and kill you all then. You knew the potential consequences. You knew the probable consequences. Yet you withheld her knowledge of those consequences, withheld me knowledge of those consequences, withheld her from me, and I forgave you all still. But when Ion died... I realized. Everything was doomed from the start."The battle 'round them rattled and raged on, lined by the now practically inextinguishable infernally hot fire. Enaltai shook his blades in a point-out fashion."I've seen this diamond cut through harder men, Matra. One last fight, here and now."And with that, he charged, aiming for Matrapolix's right shoulder, shoving people aside with his left hand. Edited by Dovydas of Gulet

IC - War"Maybe I did. Maybe I thought it would make things better. Maybe that was the last night I got drunk on purpose. The last night in a long line of nights of considering suicide. Such imperfection."He spun to the side, barely dodging the strike. He threw back a slash at Enaltai's chest. 40% "Aine wanted to do it."He slashed again, this time from the side."I didn't encourage it. I begged Ion to make her stop."Matrapolix gripped a dagger and slashed at his opponent."But of course you won't believe that, will you? I calculated how much of failure the experiment..."Both blades slashed this time."I didn't have the authority."50%

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: (West Front)Enaltai parried Matrapolix's blow at his chest, sparks flying."Considering suicide? Why, now, maybe you should've had a few more nights. Maybe you'd actually do it."He made one single step to escape Matra's blow at his side, the blow colliding instead with a promptly erected and afterwards dismantled thin column of stone gathered from the flooring."You're right, Matra, I won't believe you."The dagger he evaded by throwing himself just a slight step back as it cut through thin air. As both of Matra's blades reached for him, he seized a random fighter, apparently one of Matrapolix's lastminutemen, by the throat and threw him into the path of Matrapolix's weapons, before, in a sequence of a somersault and two rolls forward, he ended up at his opponent's back, where he took the opportunity to quickly shift his wristblades through the air towards his enemy.

IC: ZaphosA roar echoed through the district as Zaphos punted a Hacker into a construction site, impaling the being on some metal spikes. He ripped through another, before screaming in anger at all of them, ignoring the fact that he had crushed the head of one more Hacker."I'M TRYING TO DELIVER A BLOODY PIZZA. CAN YOU ALL PLEASE GO INVADE SOMEWHERE ELSE?"

IC: (East Front)Meanwhile, the Hackers were busy storming the Libraries. ADR defenses were made null and void: the Public Library was already looted and burning, and the Hackers could now concentrate their strength on the S&D Library, forcing their way through. Torpedoes and missile fire clashed against the doors of the place, and against the last remaining defenders, gathered before the doors and inside the place: somebody had hastily installed holes in the Library wall to shoot from. Nevertheless, it was quite evident the Library would soon fall. Baltar, commander of the Hacker assault upon the Libraries, led a quite well-organized siege, the hackers obeying his orders mostly to the letter and without doubt, even if with a little chutzpah in openly questioning them when given.OOC: some hackers please be in the force attacking this library because otherwise I get the feeling this assault's gonna stall

Edited by Dovydas of Gulet

IC - WarMatrapolix blocked the blade with his own, then slashed at Enaltai's stomache with his dagger."Brrother, I am sorry. You've been blinded. You refuse to see reason."50%OOC:I'm through with this lie/not gonna bring down the skyLose yourself in the fight/cause all ###### starts tonightThis combat's lasted through the age/but I'm gonna change what you call rage

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: (West Front)"Likewise," Enaltai growled as he jumped backwards to dodge the blow, which only left a scratch on his shoulder as in his haste to get back the blow redirected itself there.Then, Enaltai saw an unexpected and even rather random chance. Someone, he wasn't sure on which side, launched a RPG torpedo perhaps not at them, but in their general direction. He knew; he only had seconds to make this move in time. Reaching out, he slashed to the right of Matrapolix, but all the while, when Matrapolix moved to parry, he sprung like a trap trigger, seizing him by his shoulder and throwing him aside toward the approaching missile while himself he leapt forward in an urge to get out of the way.OOC: I've seen angels fall from blinding heightsBut you yourself are nothing so divineJust next in line

IC - WarAs he was hurled to the path of the missile, time seemed to slow down. He saw the RPG coming, and knew he had to move.60%He slid, flattening himself against the ground. Even as the projectile sped over his head......he attached a proton charge and ran. He burst off like there was no tomorrow. Behind him, the RPG exploded, setting off the proton charge. Needless to say, the entire wall it struck collapsed and killed Hackers.Matrapolix stood, having lost his dagger but retained his sword.70%Almost there."Enaltai, forgive me. I promise you, in the next few seconds, this form will fade away. I will no longer wish to negotiate. I won't think of you as a brother. I will slay you, and your second-in-command. Please, just surrender."80%"Sir, we're ready.""Good...fire."Two snipers shot two high-velocity bullets at Enaltai.90%The three remaining elites fired on Baltar from highly elevated positions.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: (West Front)One fatal moment to decide the fate of the whole city.One fatal moment. Two bullets. One man. One destiny.... Dramatizing aside, Enaltai did not seem to be affected besides a smirk appearing on his face. The bullets were nowhere in sight, although Matra could've sworn he heard a sound of metal colliding with... something."Do you really think I'd not have worn my Hau shield while escaping that torpedo? Do you really think I'd risk serious injuries when said risk could be avoided?"The leader of the Hackers charged forward, aiming to plant his blow in Matra's shoulder. When Matra deflected it, he'd push himself away from Matra's blade, using the extra momentum to pirouette and strike at Matra's chest.(East Front)Baltar, meanwhile, was not so lucky. He was struck by at least two of the bullets, and the Hackers quickly carried his barely living self away. However, these were the Hackers' best men. The rabble before the Towers might've failed, should their leader fall, but here, the leadership was simply delegated to the second-in-command. No major changes seemed to happen, other than the men turning to attempt to fire on the Elites, although they seemed too high up. Never mind that: a few RPGs would take them down. Meanwhile, the Hackers had more pressing concerns. The S&D Library.OOC: I've seen this diamond cut through harder menThan you yourself but if you must pretendYou may meet your end

Edited by Dovydas of Gulet

IC: Gust (Western Front, Hacker Siege)While Matrapolix and Enaltai continued their duel, both could hear something...whirring? Both had quizzical looks on their faces for a moment.Without further ado, a motorcycle burst through the Hacker vehicle blockade, and Gust drew two Uzi's, cutting down Enaltai's entire rear guard in a matter of sixty seconds. Leaping from the bike, Gust twirled in midair and fired off two bullets into the gas tank, blowing up the bike and killing about half a dozen more Hackers with the force of the blast. He spun as a Hacker tried to club him with the butt of his gun, and the Toa Techna of Air whipped out a knife and stabbed the assailant in the heartlight.Now the massacre had become a battle.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC - WarMatrapolix deflected the blade, indeed. Enaltai's tactics worked, and Matrapolix gasped as he was stabbed through the chest. Even as he fell, his gaze fell on his watch.100%"Y-you can't say I didn't warn you...brother."A blur appeared some twenty feet in the air. A shape separated from it. The grey blur landed on the ground with a slam, whirring into vision. Matrapolix was back in his original form. The toa held his hooked blade in a backwards grip, the hook just barely touching his shoulder. Once Enaltai's eyes reached Matrapolix's, which was all he could see behind the cyborg's helmet, he would find pure hate. No longer his "brother.""I gave you your chance, traitorous scum."Before Enaltai could even register the switch, a bullet sped towards him. Matrapolix charged, brandishing his sword.

Edited by Shadow Guardian

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Gust (Western Front, Hacker Siege)Gust spun around as he watched Matrapolix die for the second time that day. He was about to cry out in rage and just attack Enaltai head-on when he saw an enormous figure about twenty feet away stand and fire off a bullet at the Hacker leader.The real Matrapolix."Oh, you don't stand a chance now, code monkeys!" he yelled in glee, catching a Hacker's head between his thighs and twisting, snapping his neck.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Golden Hammer / Battlefield of Western FrontA line of Hackers stood in one of the alleyways, fighting off an unseen group of beings. As an explosion of fire sent the whole group flying - and on fire - Kinksh emerged, with his own force behind him.Swuiop, at the rooftop above, pointed in the direction where she spotted the two leaders of the armies battling."Now?" she asked, after informing them the situation."No." he replied. "Not yet. If Matrapolix kills him first it doesn't matter. Fortify the area and kill any Hackers that come."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)