Techna Of Despair: A Dreamland Discussion

Kal the Guardian

Okay, definitely joining this. Whether it'll be soon, or not, I'll have to think.But a Kairan variant of some sort will definitely be in this sometime or another. =)(Already indicated that there's been a lot of Toa of Lightning named Kairan over in Techna, which is true, so...)To make things funny, however, if I make this game's Kairan be the same as Day Run's, exactly the same, then I might just give him a Kadin. Just because. =P

Why do I have the feeling this island has a lot to do with the island in Day Run? :P

The only thing it has to do with Day Run pretty much is that they're in the same story universe, and thus some characters that are in Day Run are in this as well.Course, I'm not Kal, so I could be wrong. :P-ibrow

Ooh... I think I'll grab Khad, then. Because having characters with accents is fun. XDMaybe Alan, too, as he's always been a favorite of mine. It'd be harder to fit him here, though...

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

I don't think it was really stated either way, so that'd be fine. I think Alan might've said something about knowing him as an island occupant... We can always change things, though. =P

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

Ugh, it's so hard not to say stuff pertaining to Dreamland's future story. Let's just say one of my characters in Day Run will definately be viewed differently. :P

Edited by Kal the Guardian

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

When Day Run comes back, I'm going to have a lot of fun with Vertak referencing this RPG.Unfortunately Djoser is going to have a lack of playtime once again; I don't think he'd fit in with this RPG, especially since Vertak just came on his own. However, Vertak should be more "evil" this time around, so I might have to think up a new heroic character.-ibrow

Name: Myr.Species: Toa.Gender: Male.Faction: Neutral.Appearance: A gaunt Toa of Iron. Eyes are sunken in. Few if any facial expressions give most the impression of a broken mind. His right hand is prosthetic, actuated by clockwork and controlled by electronic sensors.Weapons: A collapsible longsword.Mask: Mask of Adaptation.Power: Elemental control over Iron.Secondary Abilities: Myr can make a weapon out of almost any metal. He can wield his weapons as skillfully as he can make them, and .Weakness: Myr tends to focus on his work more than anything else, and often forgets to rest.Personality: Myr will often do what he is asked, but the moment he believes there is a better alternative, he'll completely ignore the "orders" of his superiors. Myr is generally calm, but can be an absolute nightmare in combat.Biography: Myr has worked for most of his life as an engineer, constructing prototypes of various weapons and weapon systems. His work has taken him to Xia. Myr had grown tired of the routine of designing a new weapon, improving it, and signing it over to some random individual. He was about to sign over a design to a wealthy manufacturing company when he heard of the Insomniac Group. He applied as soon as he could.

Edited by Killer_myr

iBrow: I think you'll see a lot of twists on existing characters from Day Run being different in this. =P Like Kairan; he'll be wanting power more than he would in Day Run, because he still wants to defeat that criminal at this point... But not as a cop; definitely not. More as a bounty hunter or so.So, he probably won't be a hero by any means, though how long it stays that way is the question, since he does need to have a personality shift by the end of it to fit the actual Day Run events. =P

iBrow: I think you'll see a lot of twists on existing characters from Day Run being different in this. =P Like Kairan; he'll be wanting power more than he would in Day Run, because he still wants to defeat that criminal at this point... But not as a cop; definitely not. More as a bounty hunter or so.So, he probably won't be a hero by any means, though how long it stays that way is the question, since he does need to have a personality shift by the end of it to fit the actual Day Run events. =P

You've got an entire century before you for his personality shift to occur too. :PI just realized I've kinda retconned some of Vertak's previous history with this. Oh well. Dreamland history = real version, since it's newer.-ibrow

Yeah, that's true. xD But, knowing me, I'll have something happen during the RPG to have his personality shift, with an option for his personality to go back to a hardened state so that part of Kairan's initial personality makes a little sense. Though still staying more heroic, so that he still is willing to do stuff like blow up a KNPD cave. =P

Ah, good times, good times...Alan's probably going to be far more of a war-hardened general in this. Closer to when the war that mostly wiped out his race. Still have some cheeriness, but not nearly as much.

Name: Kahi GovakiSpecies: ToaGender: MaleFaction: NeutralAppearance: Alternating maroon and white colors, with a maroon mask and body coupled with white limbs. Long wear and tear on the armor have made it very saturated in color, but his form is still recognizable. Has a turban-like strip of cloth wrapped around his neck and body. Weapons: Gunsaber. Contains hilt similar to a pistol in appearance with a long blade emitting from the barrel. The gun itself channels elemental plasma energy into a compact burst, while the sword functions as a normal Toa Tool would. Both are completely reliant on elemental energy. Carries a concealed dagger for emergency purposes.Mask: CalixPower: Plasma Elemental PowersSecondary Abilities: Average blade training, relatively accurate shot. Tends to combine the two in a sort of unique fighting style, mixing up swordplay and gunplay in order to confuse his opponent. Quite skilled with hand-to-hand combat, which is extremely amplified due to his Calix. Very analytical, able to sometimes project entire fights within his mind. Has very high deductive reasoning abilities as well.Weakness: Weaker against water and ice, dislikes the jungle/plantlife. He also is mainly selfish and gives off the impression that he would screw anyone over to get what he wants, leading to obvious shortcomings and mistrust against most teammates. Very accustomed to fighting/performing with his abilities through his Calix, leading him to become extremely dependent on it. Tends not to shut up once he gets started talking.Personality: Eccentric. Logical and intelligent, but also very arrogant and prideful. Very competitive and vengeful and takes great joy in people experiencing loss against him, the more humiliating the better. Works mostly for selfish reasons, and holds a higher priority to his wellbeing than the wellbeing of others. He has a good sense of humor, but tends to respond in a cynical, sarcastic sort of way to others. Tends to view others, specifically people that oppose him, as "lesser beings". Seems to have a plan for every situation, but no one really knows if he actually has it all planned out beforehand or just makes it up as he goes along. In short, the Matoran version of Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark if he was a) not rich, but greedy http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png not human, but biomechanical and c) had Johnny Depp as a mentor.Biography: The son of a formerly rich buisnessman, Kahi Govaki was introduced to poverty when his father's inheritance was instead dealt to members of his company instead of him due to poor management with the will. While on the run from several Skakdi loan sharks to whom he now owned money, Kahi was introduced to the prospect of the sleeping island and decided to take his luck there and try and regain the fortune he lost.

Name: EljaySpecies: ToaGender: MaleFaction: NeutralAppearance: PictureWeapons: Leaf BladesMask: Kanohi Kadin, Mask of Flight. Specially carved to appear as Adaptive Miru.Power: Plant LifeSecondary Abilities: Extremely agile, able to leap from tree to tree quickly with ease. Also able to deal with pain easier.Weakness: Low amount of stamina. Not the quickest thinker.Personality: Fairly friendly toward his friends, Eljay does not very quickly trust people. He will normally stand away from large groups and watch things before doing anything. He is very often one to argue his opinion, and rarely surrenders a fight. While in combat, he will often make witty remarks toward his opponent.sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

Name: NoirSpecies: ToaGender: maleFaction: noneAppearance: He stands exactly seven feet tall. He wears plain armor that is black and silver in color. His eyes and heart light are red.Weapons: a daggerMask: Great Mask of Freezing- allows him to freeze most things through touchPower: UmbrakinesisSecondary Abilities: He is in peak physical condition and he is very agile and acrobatic.Weakness: Due to his powers he has become weak against elemental light but not natural light.Personality: He is calm, clever and assertive.Biography: He was once a Matoran that lived peacefully in Metru Nui. But after the death of a close friend he became bent on revenge. He trained himself in combat and learned how to control the shadow and so they did not cloud his mind he forcefully removed his old element from his body, mind and spirit. Soon after he became a Toa and his abilities only became stronger. He did get vengeance for his friend and soon traveled the universe as a vigilante. He always flees before anyone can recognize him for his deeds.Name: KaneSpecies: ToaGender: maleFaction: noneAppearance: He is average height and scrawny. He wears light armor under heavy black cloaks. His eyes and heart light are yellow. His mask looks abnormal and fits very snuggly to his face.Weapons: two sicklesMask: Great Mask of ClairvoyancePower: Elemental Sonic powersSecondary Abilities: He is very agile and nimble. And he is deceptively strong.Weakness: His mask can give him visions any time it wants and make him unable to do what he was doing. For some odd reason he is allergic to Protosteel. He is not very mentally stable.Personality: Paranoid, erratic and insensitively frank.Biography: He lived in a village in the Southern Islands as a Matoran and one day he was infected by a strange virus. While it did nothing at first he later started showing signs of insanity and schizophrenia. His physical form became twisted and his village shunned him. One day a passing village noticed him and tried to help. The traveler took him with him and after visiting many healer and doctors they got a hold on the disease but it could not truly be cured. The traveler felt pity and gave him a perfectly spherical stone. Upon touching the stone he became a Toa. The traveler claimed to know nothing about it. Soon after that they went their separate ways. He eventually wound up on the island as part of the crew. Edited by infinitus

Ahem. Gentlemen.Name: AlanSpecies: Kasuba. Basically a slightly taller a Toa with wings.Gender: MaleFaction: None, likely to be a HunterAppearance: Toa-like being, with blue organics, and white armor. His two giant, thick wings - which he can fold tightly against his back - are spread with a brilliant, sky-blue membrane, with wispy white streaks where the cartilage is. Alan has navy blue eyes.Weapons: Dagger-like endings on his powerful wings and a claymore he keeps strapped in between said wings when not in use. The membrane on each wing is armor-like, and thus they can be used like a shield.Mask: Mask of EmulationPower: Elemental power of sky, which is pretty much telekinesis with mild control of weather added. Depending on what his Mask of Emulation copies, he can also have any other single power that he sees used.Secondary Abilities: Agile, strong, can fly using his wings.Weakness: Elemental resevoirs get drained a bit faster than others' due to his always-activated sixth-sense. Mask of Emulation also takes the usual time to work.Personality: War-torn and hardened, but friendly when he wants to be. Doesn't love fighting, but enjoys it. Slow temper, tries not to actually fight outside of competition or necessity. Generally fast yet decisive in strategies, whether sparring with a friend, playing chess, or fighting for his life.Biography: Alan is a traveler that has been through most of the Matoran Universe. Many, many beings know who he is simply because of his travels. He's also a well-known trader. In fact, he got his Mask of Emulation for a very high price in his trading. He owns a powerless Noble Matatu, which was his old mask.Only a few years before the Dreamland was discovered, a war was waged upon his people. He immediately returned to his homeland of Cytha-Nui and joined the kasuban military. Having been a general in a war long before then, he was quickly reinstated to that position. Though they were extremely able fighters, the kasuba were already a scarce race, and the enemy refused to stop the fighting. By the end of the war, less than one hundred of each side was left. Many more died from wounds, leaving only a few dozen kasuba left in the universe. Being one of the highest ranking officers in the military, alan blames much of their near-extinction on himself.

Edited by Toa of Dancing

Kane is approved. For Noir, what is Umbrakinesis?Alan is approved. Although, ToD, you might want to go over it again, there's still some grammatical errors. (Is grammatical a word? Did I even spell it right? Who cares?)

Levacius quickly drew both of his swords and activated them to a density setting able to phase through matter - it didn't matter how thick the Rhakk's armor was, if the blade went through, it would have to deal with the electricity, no longer targeting within but inside.

Weapons: A longsword and shortsword. Both are Electro-Chute Blades.

I honestly fail to see where the part where he can manipulate his weapon's density comes in. Seems a little god-moddish to me =/

Look up Electro Chute Blade.From BS01 -

The Electro Chute Blade is based off of the Chute technology developed in Metru Nui. A miniaturized version of the Chute field technology is installed into the hilt of the device; a knob labeled 'M' controls the density of the field. The blade itself is formed from metallic Liquid Protodermis, which is electrified and contained by the force field. The field can be adjusted to allow the blade to pass through solid objects and shock them with electricity.

Perhaps I am paraphrasing with the post, but that's what the blades do. I have no idea how it works, but we just have to settle on 'A Wizard Did It'.I guess the correct way to put it is

Levacius quickly drew both swords and adjusted the field on them so that they could phase through solid matter - it wouldn't matter how thick the Rhakks armor was, the blade would simply go through, leaving it to deal with the electricity now within.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Ah, I see. I didn't follow that contest and thought it was something made up. My bad.Although I do sort of fail to see how exactly it could be countered. For example, if I got into a swordfight with your character, you could technically just phase through my sword and shock me without having any sort of counter attack available. Coupled with your apparent mastery of the sword in combat and, as your bio puts it, "no physical weakness", it does approach me as a tad overpowered.

Name: Alena Paprika HyperSpecies: Enmalian Runt (Half-Human, Half Enmalian)Gender: FemaleFaction:Appearance: Sporting a human-like body, what sets her aside is her seemingly mutated appearance of being a mixture of a tiger, and the feline features she has. She typically runs around shoeless, due to her slightly-large cat-like claws, and usually wearing special gloves that have an opening that just barely opens up to let her finger claws through. She has black whiskers, and cat-like slits in her eyes, which is a deep orange-gold color. Her skin is slightly discolored, almost a mixture of black and orange, although at first glance she has the regular skin-color of a human. When she opens her mouth to roar, you can see a pair of fierce canine-teeth, ready to shred anything that she bites through. Typically, she runs around in clothes that suit her movements, which are usually a blue and green color.While she doesn't look it, due to her heritage she is heavier than the average human, sporting somewhere around a good 250 pounds on her body, which is less than half the weight of a full-fledged Tiger Enmalian. Although, while a human who is 250 pounds has an obvious weight issue, her weight is extremely condensed, giving her a very slim appearance.Weapons: Her claws can cut through almost anything, and the likelyness of them being able to break is highly unlikely. Because of this, and her familiarity with them, she can become almost deadly with them. On her hands, another unlikely weapon is her gloves. They contain two completely separate layers, both of these are durable, and can hold up their own against other weapons. Mentally, she can will the gloves to change their tempurature, changing the outer layer to an impossibly high tempurature, while the inner layer can become extremely cold, so that the outer layer doesn't damage her hands in the process, the combating tempuratures practically unaffecting her hand. While she can't affect the area around them, because of the gloves intense heat/cold, you can easily feel it coming from at least a foot away.Mask: None.Power: Physically, she is quite strong and able, and due to her feline heritage, can be unnaturally flexible. Alena can also see in the dark, once again because of her feline heritage, but not as strongly as one might think. Her eyes need even a pin-prick of light, and her eyes can magnify that, not to the point that she can see daylight, but so that at least the outer edges of the room are lit up. The stronger the light, though, the brighter her eyes can see. She has sensitive hearing, and can step lightly, without making noise.Weakness: Her mind is slow to thinking, and her sense of smell is horrible. Despite her ability to see in the dark, she requires at least a pinprick of light, or else she will be unable to see. Her hearing can also be of a disadvantage to her at times, because if the sounds are at a high enough note, she will be on the ground, clutching her cat-like ears in pain.Personality: Loud and rambuctious. She can pass off loud and hyper at one second, and be silent and shy the other. Her moods are constantly swinging, and little can affect her, although various topics CAN have a bad effect on her. Willing to eat anything that smells tasty, she turns her nose up at anything that doesn't smell or look good to her, but rarely will she pass up an opportunity for meat. She can be crafty though, and has been known to switch sides over small things, such as the opportunity for anything sugar-like, but will immediately switch back once her goal has been accomplished.Biography: Her past is slightly clouded, and she tends to be a bit mysterious about parts of it at times, and then open about other events that had happened in her past. Very few truly know what Enmalians are, and because of this, can be put off by her appearance. Sometimes she switches her stories around, and can be tricky about her past, such as purposely saying that her father was Enmalian, and her mother the human, and then completely switching it around with the next person. She will sometimes say that she has siblings, and other times completely deny that she does have siblings. Because of her constant switching, few can tell what she is actually saying, and will doubt much of what she says. Regardless of her constant switching of her past life, she will tell the honest truth about her activities on the island... If she trusts you.

Ilovecats-02.gif

Is it possible for me to have two Kanohi? Not to use them at the same time, but can I wear both of them and switch between them? I remember the Toa Mata having this ability before their Suvas were made, but I may be wrong, so I just want to check and make sure.EDIT: On that note, if I wanted to make any addition to my profile, would you want me to repost it here so it could be reapproved?

Edited by Kahi

Huh, Alena, I fail to see how your profile is Bionicle in any way. This is a Bionicle RPG, afterall. And there are no humans. The concept of family is just a bond between beings, and almost everyone is part machine. I'm not approving it based on the fact that, like I said before, I don't see how this is Bionicle.As for the chute sword, it reminds me of a Zyglak sword a character (Srizz) had in an RPG I once played (Tournament of Shadows, the Island (with the Mother Tree), and Night Ride). It was able to turn anything made of protodermis to dust if it touched it. Now that was a trickly character to fight, but it was possible. So I say to you all, "Good luck fighting Levacius!"@Kahi: Just say the name of your character and what you wish to change/add.Also. He has yet to accept, but I just asked ToD to be my co-GM when it comes to profiles, punishments, and rewards. I'll add it in somewhere official when I find the time.