Epoch Of Despair: Gameplay Topic

EmperorWhenua

IC: Jeldrax / City of FIre"Six thousand years ago we had the toa." Jeldrax said grimly. "Still, the Best continue to guard the island, whether the Disciples like it or not. In spite of their attempts."He looked to the Tyrahk and Tyeran. "We had best be going soon. It would be best to reach Onu-Wahi by midday if possible."IC: Aiazoah / Bay of Hodor CoastAiazoah stood up. "I was heading further inland, hoping to find any more leads to the Toa's disappearance. You are more than welcome to accompany me."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Aiazoah / Bay of Hodor Coast - Heading south, to Le-Wahi"Great." she replied with a smile, packing up her things and then heading south. "Names Aiazoah, by the way. Didn't catch yours."IC: Jeldrax/ City of Fire"Jeldrax, sir." replied the Ta-Matoran, shaking the lieutenants hand. "I knew your name already, sir. You're reputation preceds you."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Xyron pondered for a moment. His delivery needed to be prompt, but since he had already lost his trail, the delay would be inevitable. Besides, some extra gold could be useful."I'll help you out for a bit," Xyron said. "But then I need to get a move on. I'm headin' for the City of Fire.""Really? Then why would you come through here. This mountain pass is usually not accessible. You should've just stuck to the coastline.""I must've recieved bad information," Xyron grumbled. "Anyway, where's this hidden treasure?"I believe it's up this mountain. The shrine over there proves that there was some settlement here in the past. So I think I'm on the right track.""Then let's find this stuff!" Xyron said.OOC: I'm totally in for this adventure, but I'm just keeping him in character since I guess I did say his message was important. :P:music:

OOC: Understood.IC (Byrn):"Righto! And with that..." With a final great heave Byrn slammed his pick down on the ice in front of him.This time the reaction was significant. A jagged line snaked through the frozen section at lightning speed, dividing twice, then four times. Before long, the once-imposing ice barrier looked decrepit and weak.Byrn nudged the ice with his foot, and that was all it took; the barrier crumbled."...the way is clear. We'll be at the monastery gate within a quarter of an hour!"-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

IC: "Lead the way," Xyron said. He was hesitant now, because when Byrn said "Help" he may have meant that he needed Xyron to do a bunch of manual labor. Xyron wasn't one for picking away at rocks or ice.However, as they advanced, the path remained relatively clear of debris, and Byrn didn't even have to use his pick axe again. But the storm above was worsening, and visibility was starting to drop...:music:

IC: Jeldrax / City of FireJeldrax nodded. "Yes, sir. It was one of my primary goals to go to Antispire while we were there. The landscape up top in Onu-Wahi is certainly not the most attractive, sir."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC (en route to the monastery):Thanks to his disk, Byrn was largely impervious to the mountain's frigid air. What would have ordinarily been a biting, piercing chill for the native desert-dweller was reduced to a tolerable airiness, as if he was simply strolling through a springtime field.His companion was looking just as comfortable--strange, considering he was a Le-Matoran. "Hey, Xyron, aren't you cold at all?" Byrn asked.OOC: Let's assume our characters already found out each others' names; saves the awkward 'Hey, what's your name?' posts. :P-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

IC: "No, I'm fine," Xyron lied. Truth was, he was very cold, but he wasn't going to complain first.Suddenly, up ahead, he saw a structure. Perhaps it was the monastery that Byrm kept talking about. Either way, it would get the two of them shelter from the storm, and that would be good enough.:music:

Ic: "Then if you don't mind, I'd like to go with you," Romulus said. "I've been meaning to return to that place for a while. Plus, maybe we can pass the time easier with conversation. I've always found that it made traveling easier."

IC: RamanoxFinally, Ramanox was finished with his rounds for the day, there were actually relatively few compared to normal. Once home, he kicked back and relaxed, which for Ramanox meant practicing parkour on his roof. All the while wondering whether that Matoran he gave his card to would pay him a visit.OOC: EW how industrialized is this version Ta-Koro?

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Jeldrax / City of FireJeldrax looked stunned, but was managing to shake it off. "Well, uh... wow. I mean, yes, sir. I just didn't expect we'd have somebody with such a high rank travelling with us. It would be an honor."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC (Gates of the Monastery):"We're here," Byrn said, his voice unconsciously going to a whisper as he and Xyron approached the once-sacred structure.Before them, the whirls of snow parted, revealing a once-great gate in severe disrepair. Where gold paint and intricately carvings of Kanohi once adorned the posts, only a dull sheen and eroded faces remained.Reaching forward cautiously, Byrn pushed the gate. It swung open without protest.Before them was a bleak, empty courtyard, and beyond... a cavernous opening into the building itself. It yawned open like a beast's maw, swallowing light.Steeling himself and taking a deep breath, Byrn stepped forward-"Wait!" yelled Xyron, grabbing Byrn's arm. "I think we're forgetting something!"Byrn turned to look at his companion, surprise and a hint of wounded pride in his eyes. "My supplies will cover for the both of us. I've explored many temples over the past few years, and I've survived through them all. What could I possibly-?""Light, Byrn! Illumination!" Xyron pointed to the door. "We won't be able to see a thing inside of there! We would just be blundering around in the dark!"Byrn looked toward the dark, forbidding entrance, then back at Xyron. He sighed. "You're right. I never thought of that... What are we going to do?"Xyron thought for a moment, then said, "I do have to go to the City of Fire... How about we go there for supplies? And while we're down there, we could recruit more people!"Byrn smiled. "That sounds like a pretty good idea."OOC: I apologize to everyone for the relatively contrived nature of that last post, but it was a convenient way to get Xyron's previous duties out of the way and tackle the monastery wholeheartedly. :P-Shyyrn

Ic: "I can imagine it is," Rom agreed. "Consider it a gift of sorts, then. I like making friends. You folk are the reason We still stand!" he proclaimed, 'We' being the Army of Fire. "And though the trips I have from being Kondam's aide are great and all, traveling itself has always been a bother for me. It's being at my destination that matters the most for me, and if the trip must be made, it's best to have company, so believe me when I say this would be a pleasure for me just as it is for you."

IC: "So, you know this area pretty well?" Xyron asked. "What's the best way to get to the City of Fire?"Byrn shrugged, and pointed off into the snowy distance. "There's a glacier over that ridge, which had a gentle slope towards the north. That would probably be the best route, but we'd have to go around the ridge.""Why not go over the ridge?""Because it's quite a climb. It'll take longer.""Hey, I can climb pretty fast." Xyron said. "And if you're worried about weight, then I have a way around that too." He tapped his gravity disk.Byrn looked thoughtful. "You know, that could work. Although the storm will be pretty nasty as we climb up.""What? On the other hand, let's take the long, less stormy way around.":music:

IC (Leaving Monastery):"We should go around. It'll be longer but easier, which will be better for us because..."The words died in Byrn's throat as a disconcerting thought occurred to him."...I'm a Po-Matoran. I've been hearing stories about tension between Ta-Koro and Po-Koro. If I'm seen around there, things might get ugly.If things get ugly, we'll have to move fast... and we can only do that if we're rested once we arrive." He looked directly at Xyron. "We go around."-Shyyrn

IC: Calik - City of FireCalik watched the sun walk across the sky. He had never had much time to appreciate the beauty of nature in his life. Perhaps that was why he had grown to be such a bitter and cynical man.Well, if that was the case, it was far too late to do anything about that. The Matoran adjusted his helmet, and began his trek through the city.OOC: Open for interaction.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Tyeran-- Ta-Wahi City of Fire"We had better get going, if we still want to get there by midday." Tyeran stated, getting antsy about sitting around talking when they could be traveling. He had taken longer getting his supplies than he had meant to, but had gotten exactly what he needed for a trip to Onu-Wahi: A dark traveling cloak.

IC: Jeldrax / City of Fire"Were we still planning on having the courier accompany us?" Jeldrax asked Tyeran.Looking to Romulus he said, "In case you're confused, sir, we had been talking before and considered it would be good to have somebody as fast as that courier who's been rushing around everywhere to accompany us. Claims to be decent with those weapons he carries."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Jeldrax / City of FireJeldrax looked to Romulus and said, "Sir, the two of us will be heading over to his home to pick him up. When we return, we will make our way to Antispire."He headed off with Tyeran so they could check the house before leaving.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

PLOT POINT

Ic: Basilli walked with purpose through the breezeways of the stone fortress the Disciples called home. His followers parted to allow him passage, most of them giving him bows of loyalty as he passed. Normally, the commander would respond in kind to them, but this time he did not. This was urgent.He heaved his weight on a door and the brown stone slab opened wide, revealing one of the rooms. Stepping inside, he saw the simple tapestries on the walls and the metal chains that hung on cabinets. Candles and incense burned at the windows, their scents and aromas pushed in with the breeze. There was no carpeting, no gold, no anything of wealth, and a large stone slab was all that looked like furniture in the room. "Hopka!" he called out with urgency, one of his lesser used voices. "Where are you?" he said as he closed the door behind him."Here," the old matoran said as he came from around a corner. "Basilli, how can I help you?" He was dressed simply, contrasting with the decorations of the room. A simple black poncho was all he wore, and a silver linked chain was wound around his neck, a sign of his practice as a civil adviser. He was the Elder of the stronghold, an adviser to the leader of the Disciples."I need your advice," Basilli said, seating himself on the slab that served as the elder's table, bed and sofa."My knowledge is yours," Hopka said in his wise tone."I need to know if now is the time to strike the mainland. In the City of Water, to be exact.""Oh, Basilli," Hopka said, his face turning sad as he came closer to the commander and sat next to him. "You know We are not military advisers. I cannot advise you on matters of bloodshed -- it is against our ways!""Bollocks," Basilli retorted."I'm sorry? Did you think otherwise?""No," Basilli said, reaching for something in his pouch. He pulled out a communique and handed it to the Elder. "But your friends in the City of Fire do.""What...?" he said as he looked over the contents of it. "They would never... This is preposterous! The Elders would never disregard our true calling," he said. "Where's your proof?""You're looking at it, Hopka," Basilli countered. "That's official Army parchment. That's all the proof you need."The elder got up and walked in circles, thinking of a solution. "I still stand by my oath -- I am not your military adviser and never will be," he said. "But IF my associates betrayed Us, then there has to be something else afoot. What I suggest -- and it pains me to even suggest this -- is to bring those elders here. Maybe then we can figure out what is going on.""Every advantage Frareo's Best get is a disadvantage to us," Basilli said. "Let's hope we can recover from this before it gets out of hand.""You have my blessing, Basilli, if that matters to you."The commander said nothing more as he left the room to gather a strikeforce.

IC(Ledzel: the shores of the Great Sand River)

Ledzel runs along the shore of the Great Sand River, searching the sand (on both river and shore) for anything of value. In one hand was his small shovel and the other was his disk. just in case."There!" he exclaims before bending down and digging up a small shining object in the sand. But, it was only an empty container made of the cheapest of metals that just happened to still shine.The Po-Matoran continued at this task, but if he only knew what was going on back with his fellow disciples, he would've been there preparing for the possible assault by the commander.OOC: Open for interaction, although he's probably about to be with the commander and fellow disciples...-Mef Man

Edited by Mef Man

IC: Jeldrax / City of FireJeldrax knocked on the door of Ramanox's home. "Ramanox, are you here?"IC: Aiazoah / Le-Wahi, Ga-Wahi, Ko-Wahi BorderAiazoah came within sight of what appeared to be an old, ruined shrine. "This looks promising." she said, heading onwards with trident at the ready.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Darmus: Antispire: Alone: "Knowledge is power," the mad Matoran thought to himself as he scuttled through the library. "And power corrupts. Yes... yes... the power is here."He yanked open a book and skimmed through it frantically."I must learn how to kill a god!"OOC: Open for interaction.

bug_animated.gif

IC: Aiazoah / Le-Ga-Ko-Wahi Midpoint; Near Ruined Shrine"What is it?" Aiazoah asked, turning around and walking over to see what Lif had spotted.IC: Jeldrax / City of Fire"I am afraid that I cannot stay. We're leaving now, and the offer to come still stands."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: RamanoxRamanox smiled, "I'd love to come, quite frankly things have gotten boring here. Just let me grab some of my stuff real quick. Oh and where are we going?" he asked.IC: LifI handed her the telescope, "Take a look for yourself." OOC: Since you found the place, I'll let you dictate what it is.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: TrunTrun just looked at her for a moment, before saying, 'Enemies? Who?'IC: LithusThis must have been the most daring heist of Lithus' career. To steal a tablet from the Antispire. It was insane, suicidal, even deadly.It was brilliant.Slowly, Lithus found herself in the library, facing row upon row of imposing shelves. So far no one sight. That was good. Carefully, as to not disturb anyone, she flicked through shelf upon shelf, looking for something that caught her eye."I must learn how to kill a god!"Lithus froze. There was someone here. Where were they? Did they know she was here? Was she trapped?Slowly, she poked her head from out behind the shelf, to see a raving Matoran (Darmus), shouting to the air. How was she supposed to get out now?IC: CalikCalik journeyed through the lonely streets of the City of Fire. Through this city of right-angles and straight shooters, he was a lone disruption. An unknown factor. A singular variable.How he cherished that role.OOC: Calik open for interaction.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Aiazoah / Near Three-Way-Intersection ShrineAiazoah frowned. "Blast! How could that have gotten here!"At the front of the shrine lay a Kane-Ra, sleeping peacefully - as much as something that big could - and blocking the only straight way through."I don't know if we can kill that." she said. "We could try, but it might be easier to figure out another passage in. What do you think?"IC: Jeldrax / City of Fire"Antispire." Jeldrax responded. "Possibly more from there. But that's the current destination."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: