Ode to Kalama

Iver

https://biosector01.com/wiki/Kalama

Kalama is a character that has all of about five sentences to his name in Bionicle canon. I totally forgot about him until today, when I rediscovered him on a wiki binge, and I must say, he's immediately become my favorite background character.

Kalama was the chief inspector for the Ta-Metru junkyard. As a result of spending too much time around cracked masks and broken tools, he began talking to the trash as if they were his friends. He had a laid-back and fatalistic view of the world, since as he saw it, all life ended up in the slagheap eventually.

How can you not love this guy?

• Upvote 1

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

But he’s the guy who lost Tahu’s Nuva Sumbol.

Now Talvi and Pakastaa, those guys are cool. They can be buried in snow and still not lose their sense of duty and respect.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese
  • Upvote 2

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

>Kalama has a defining characteristic and an actual role in Matoran society.

>Tiribomba has a funny name.

Edited by Iver
  • Upvote 1

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

That's a great interesting tid-bit they add. Thanks for the fun fact!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell