Kal the Guardian

IC: Levacius / Matoran VillageHaving finished with the journal, Levacius put it back into his pack, and continued looking around for a little while longer, before finally heading back out. This didn't make very much sense. So there was a Brotherhood member here... but he was gone.But where? And what of this... Rahi? Another Rhak?The Rahkshi would need to know...Still, this didn't answer why all went to sleep. Then again, how could it? It's hard to write when you're sleeping.This was starting to get exciting.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Vertak, Matoran Village:Vertak mentally panicked for a second before remembering that he had his water canteen with him. Pulling the canteen out (still more than half full), he handed it to Jirael.And here's hoping she'll be able to hear me... and introduce herself. He thought.-ibrow

Garett / Matoran Village / IC:Garett stopped in his tracks, his hand resting on the door to the ornate building behind the shield tree. He felt a sudden presence in the village. Something brand new and yet aged. It made him feel as if he was the intruder. And the source was coming from… the tree?Jirael / With Vertak / IC:Jirael downed the rest of the canteen, taking no heed about how she looked doing it. Once she was finished, she screwed the cap back on and wiped at her mouth. “Thanks,” she said, handing the canteen back, “The name’s Jirael. I thank you for rescuing me.”Janx / With Laorus / IC:Janx backed away, as confused as ever. Did she normally do this? Or was this really caused from the mask?Sirel / Camp C / IC:Sirel crouched on the outskirts of Camp C with her Forfeiters. She had sent Pluunar back to take over command of those left at Camp A, but otherwise no one had left her on the long trip. Now they just needed to get past the Hunters.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Levacius / Matoran VillageUnless talking - which wasn't very often - Levacius didn't make a sound. It came as a surprise when his voice finally came into effect behind Garett, saying, "I found something important."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Alan/Camp C, Restraining the Third RhakIC:

Alan finally set the Rhak, traps and all, on the ground. "Ah... There... Well, a drawback is that it takes a lot of effort to cause something big to levitate."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Shadouk / South / IC:Shadouk sat cross-legged, staring at the wall of ice ahead of him. He had tried everything he could to somehow pass it, even gotten himself struck by lightning several times, but nothing seemed to work. So now sat and meditated. Trying to pull together his thoughts.There had to be some way through.Sirel / Camp C / IC:Sirel motioned for her followers to get a move on. They would just get caught up in a pointless battle if the Hunters saw them. Although she couldn’t believe she was passing up on this opportunity to kill at least a few of them.No, Shadouk’s orders were clear. She had to keep moving. But quietly.Garett / Matoran Village / IC:Garett was off in his own world and wouldn’t have noticed Levacius anyway. There was something about the presence, and the tree. “Huh?” he said as he snapped back to reality and away from his thoughts.Jirael / With Vertak / IC:Jirael looked around the room at her sleeping sisters and started to sob. “Sorry,” she managed to say in between tears. If her affiliation hadn’t been apparent, one might think she was a Ga-Matoran.GM IC:The Steltian observed Alan as he finally set down the Rahi. “Thanks, and nice job,” he said in passing, moving on to help the others.

Vertak, Matoran Village:"It's alright. You've been through a lot, I'm guessing." Vertak told her. "Entire villages don't just fall into eternal sleep for no reason."Although outwardly Vertak seemed calm, inside he had no idea what he was supposed to do- the last time he'd been in a situation like this was... never. Being a Dark Hunter, he was always looking out for himself. A few years ago he would've passed Jirael by without a second glance. But he was starting to think that he'd been wrong, and that brought a change of attitude.It figured that things wouldn't be simple. He'd have to adapt like always.-ibrow

IC:Illume:He moved as fast as he could through the underbrush of the forest. But his haste and lack of focus caused him to trip. He nearly hit his head on a tree doing so. Looking back, he spotted something that did not look right. It was a metallic object in an organic forest. Walking over he picked up the object and upon examination he found it was a helmet. A little too big for him but it would fit a Toa's head.Now this part of the forest was rather dark and Illume could not see in it too well. But he wanted a better look at this helmet. But he thought carrying it would hinder his movement so he placed this helmet upon his head. Now normally helmets do not glow when placed on your head but this one did.And as it glowed it spewed out energies. Not just light but also Toa power. Well this caused a change in Illume's body. His whole form lit up, very brightly. And his noble mask became a great mask as it was absorbed by this unique helmet.When the light went away. And Illume was now a Toa. His armor had drastically changed and he now carried a shield that he did not have moments before.Illume was shocked to say the least.Now he had some trouble but he made his way back to the path. Then a sense of dread filled his mind but was quickly replaced by an overload of emotions as many of his thought were unlocked and given back too him. He sat on a nearby boulder as his vision cleared and also to catch his breath.Looking into his new shield, which is quiet reflective, he found that he liked how that helmet looked. Which was good but it was essentially his mask now.Noir:Noir was just captivated by the tree but he tore himself away. Looking around he did not know what to do. So he wandered from building to beuilding and just taking in how the village looked.Kane:He ran down the path in a rather odd fashion. But no one was around to say anything and if they were he could make them silent with just a fraction of his power. But he slowed as he forgot what he was doing."Hello is anyone there?" He whispered softly as he still thought the trees could hear him and would trip him again if he was loud.

Jirael / With Vertak / IC:Jirael wiped her tears with the covers she was sitting on and looked at Vertak with a puzzled look on her face. “Eternal sleep? How long has it been?”Garett / Matoran Village / IC:Garett took the book and flipped through it, noting the dates and reading one that was stretched out and near the end of the book. He looked up and asked Levacius, “Was this Matoran sane? She doesn’t seem too trustworthy to me, but… Everything she writes more or less makes sense.”The Rahkshi looked up at the shield tree. “You feel that heavy presence? I can’t contact it, but it’s coming from the tree.”He motioned to the book, “As for this Skakdi, I wonder if he came back and murdered this Waraxen Makuta. But why would the Matoran sleep? This island is astounding, but perhaps this Skakdi left for good. Now, Desophora and Brekkar, any clue who or what they are?”Garett’s questions were more rhetorical than anything, but they were thought inducing.GM IC:The third Rhak kept his eyes closed while in his bonds as if he were… biding his time? He appeared calm and in control. His breathing was even and his tight bindings didn’t seem to concern him. Hopefully it hadn’t been a mistake taking him to the camp.

IC: Levacius / Matoran Village"Answering those questions may need to wait. Though I have viewed the devastation of a Makuta enough times to know that no simply Skakdi could kill one. No, Waraxen must still be alive. Somewhere. And possibly he can explain what happened here.""Though," Levacius continued, "I may know what he's been doing.""These Rhak are not natural Rahi. I've seen enough Rahi in my day to know - even the one Rhak that we saw showed intelligence beyond simple violence. Perhaps Waraxens disappearance wasn't him dying, or abandoning the island, but doing his job - creating Rahi. It's entirely possible that he created the Rhak to serve as guardians on the island. With the intelligence shown, they may even be closer to you than a Rahi."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Hgn'Svt/Matoran VillageIC:

Hgn'Svt had finally managed to pull himself together, and had followed in the wake of destruction. As he began to near the village, he got a strange feeling of familiarity. Why? He was surrounded by plants, sure. That was familiar. But it seemed he was remembering the island. That wasn't normal.The moment that he stepped into the village, the feeling seemed to slap him in the face. Why was this so familiar? He was on the brink of panic, thinking that he had gone insane. He couldn't recognize something he had never seen...He hadn't, had he?

GMSecond Rhak/Speaking with the First RhakIC:

Thalidon would awake to the pain of having a rose bush wrap itself around his neck. To follow this, a tree constantly slammed its exceeding weight against his stomach. The Rhak hissed with satisfaction. Of course this would get boring soon. Then she'd probably kill him. But for now, she enjoyed it immensely.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

Garett / Matoran Village / IC: Garett looked at Levacius with admiration, “Good job, Cievasul. How I didn’t put that together I will never know. I guess I’m preoccupied with this presence. But what you say makes sense. Although… I don’t understand why no one has seen him in centuries.” The Rahkshi frowned in thought, “Tell me, did the Rhak ever kill anyone who wasn’t posing a threat?” GM IC: The Shield Tree felt a warm presence. One of the Matoran was awake! And then… There was another? For Hgn’Svt, the shield tree’s protective leaves lifted up and out of the way as he walked forward, allowing him easy access to the village. The first Rhak landed close to the second, panting slightly from all of its recent running around. ‘This group of intruders is the one! They are here to help us,’ the Rhak said mentally to his sister, ‘Drop this one and help me make sure the other artifacts are found. Don’t harm anyone, okay? Check to see if the gauntlets from the village have been found yet. I’m going to go warn our awakened brother not to kill anyone.

"May I, at the very least, kill this one, oh brother?" thought the second Rhak, looking somewhat annoyed and yet pleased at the same time.

So familiar... Why? And why did he obtain access so easily? The rest were struggling to access the village, at the very least. Yet he was allowed access without even blinking. Did it have to do with this strange sense of knowing this place?Then, with a look of shock, he exclaimed, "Great Mata-Nui! I... That can't be! How... Why?" Then, completely ignoring the rest of the Researchers, he sprinted forward towards one of the huts.

IC: Thalidon / ForestsThalidon woke up with a start as he found himself choking. Experience led him to do the only thing he could think of - power scream. The sonic burst shattered the silence of the area for just a moment before he fell asleep again.IC: Levacius / Matoran Village"Come to think of it, no." Levacius replied. "Oddly enough, the only thing it targeted was the trailers we were bringing in."He thought a moment. "As we were bringing in new supplies, whilst you were running out, it's possible that, for some reason, it was trying to keep your under supplied. Perhaps attempting to force the full Insomniac Group out, in search of supplies on the island. But why would it do that? What does it want us to find?""And why does it want us to find it?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

GM IC:The first Rhak snorted, ‘Only kill him if he tried to kill you first. And be quick about it. Whatever put away Father is going to be released from the bonds he set on it. Let’s hope this time evil stays down for good.The Rhak tilted his head downwards, saying goodbye, ‘Sister.’ And just like that, he was gone again, racing off into the woods.The third Rhak, in its bindings, suddenly snapped open its eyes, one of them focusing on Alan. Then, it seemed to… smile?Thalidon’s slumber this time was interrupted, but in a different matter. The dark eyes were not present, but a piercingly white Skakdi was. He was covered from head to feet in ice spikes. It wasn’t a random display, but the ice seemed to be some type of armor, colored a light blue against his otherwise white armor.The Skakdi’s teeth glinted in the darkness. Being the only thing in sight, he would seem to glow. His grin, though impossible, seemed to grow even more, and then he spoke, “Hey there, Dude. I can sense you’re in some sort of, well, shall we say, predicament. I know just what you feel. Right now I’m a stinking wall of ice. Well, I don’t stink, actually I remain rather clean, but that’s beside the point.”The Skakdi took a few steps over, “There, now that we’re back on point, I need you to help me. But first, I’ll help you. You feel that icy tingling in your spine and down your bones? I have just granted you the extension of a fraction of my power. For the time being, you can manipulate my power as you see fit, as long as the end result is in my favor.“Now, I know I talk too much, and I probably should have let you ask me questions or something, but the fact of the matter is: 1. I don’t care, Dude. And 2. You are about to die.“So, yeah. Just close your eyes and think of ice if you ever need to speak with me. I’m going to jolt you awake now. Hang on.”The Skakdi’s grin grew feral and he grabbed Thalidon’s head, bringing it down to meet with the Skakdi’s knee. There was a loud crack, and Thalidon was jolted awake. Suddenly with more powers than when he had fallen asleep.Ice, the cold. The bane of plants. The fact that the power would match the immense proportions that a Rhak had would help too. And the Skakdi had only said a fraction of his power?Garett / Matoran Village / IC:“Well then,” Garett said, this new information extremely revealing, “We need to get searching. Let’s hope this village is a very big step. Since this tree remains unresponsive, let’s check this large building. What did the journal say, the leader’s house/shrine?”

Thalidon was still injured and he had just been awoken. Thus, he was still somewhat vulnerable to the tree that broke itself and crashed onto him. The second Rhak muttered something about the forest being a part of her before turning away and speeding deeper into the forest.

Hgn'Svt burst into a hut, having forgotten the sanctity of the place. Instead, he was focused completely on the form of a matroan on a sleeping mat and the fact that an empty matt lay beside it. "This... Myra?"

IC: Vertak"I don't know how long it has been." Vertak shrugged apologetically. "All I know is that you and your friends have been asleep for a long time, I think sometime around when the Makuta of your island vanished. Again, I'm not sure."-ibrow

IC: Rayhoun/Tempest - Only Bay PassageRayhoun raised an eyebrow, not really sure how to respond to Artorre's words. Who was this guy? Going from arrogant fool one moment, to noble paladin the next. What would be coming soon, a musical number?"Well then...Thank you for that, uh, whatever that was. Anyway, the best source of support will most likely be the Forfeiters, so I suggest we head to their camp immediately. So, without further bother, let's get going.OOC: Question; where did the Forfeiters move to again?-Void

OOC: I think most of the forefeiters are somewhere near Camp C.IC: Krokk and Mala, Only Bay Passage.The two Skakdi sullenly picked up their gear and prepared to make another trip up the rain-soaked, mud-splattered path. Neither of them was looking forward to it."You know" said Krokk, "We should just decide where we're going and go there. All this back-and-forth is annoying."Mala just nodded. There was no need to reply with words.

ppg2.png

IC: Rayhoun/Tempest - Only Bay PassageRayhoun leaped down from the desk, already sprinting for the forest. His strict training as a member of the Eye discouraged this, but his old instincts as a street fighter said differently. Somehow, he needed to get in front, to lead the group, and come in swinging.However, that would be completely counter-productive, so a more subtle approach was required.Silently, he lamented the fact that his swords wouldn't be used anytime soon, but if this was needed to complete this mission, then so be it.Pausing for a moment, Tempest turned and shouted, "Alright crew, onward! We should be at Camp A by high-noon. Or midnight, whatever the Karz time it is on this blasted island."-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Korkk and Mala, somewhere between Only Bay Passage and Camp AWhile Rayhoun certainly seemed enthusiastic, the slow trudge up the wet, overgrown path was about as much fun as cuddling a makika. At one point Krokk thought he saw one of the slimy toads hopping through the undergrowth, but he wasn't sure. Really, it could have been any kind of small rahi. Just in case, he sent a burst of vision power after it, but missed.

ppg2.png

IC: Levacius / Matoran VillageLevacius followed the Rahkshi. "Perhaps. And, if we're lucky, we can find something else in there."IC: Thalidon / ForestThalidon shook around, tapping into the newly given power of ice. The area suddenly became extremely frigid - it sent a chill through him, though not as it would normally, he realized - and the plant began to rapidly wilt and die as frost covered them over. As the area around him iced over, he released a power scream, shattering them apart and allowing him the chance to stand up.How could a Skakdi have had such power?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Jirael / With Vertak / IC:“Well, I’m not surprised about that,” Jirael said, hugging her knees, “He… Ouch!” The Matoran cried out in pain as she tried to remember. “Sorry,” she managed as she tried to massage her head, “It literally hurts me to remember. I can’t say what’s going on, but whoever is behind all this is very powerful.”Garett / Matoran Village / IC:“And find it quickly,” the Rahkshi said as he pushed the door open on creaky hinges, “Something tells me we need to get moving.” The first sight inside was enough to shut Garett up. The statues, the bush, the Matoran; it was all amazing in its own right. And then there was… Vertak, was it?That Matoran had what appeared to be another Matoran with him. Another Matoran that appeared to have been sleeping in the bed she was sitting on.

IC:Noir:He had heard the Toa and the Rahkshi talking about things that sounded important and decided to follow them. He hoped they did not mind.As he walked into a building with them he noticed odd things, sleeping Matoran, some statues and even a random bush. But then he too noticed a Matoran that resembled the sleeping ones and another Matoran he thought he had seen earlier."Urm what is going on." He said quietly and not really at anyone specifically.

IC: Vertak, Matoran Village:"It could be a Makuta, I suppose." Vertak said thoughtfully. Although I do know of others that could possibly be more powerful than-uh..."He glanced towards the entrance to find Garrett and Noir staring at him."Hi there." he said after a moment of awkward silence. "This is Jirael, one of the Matoran that was asleep. Sort of."He fiddled with his dagger, a habit of his whenever he became nervous."We were trying to find out why all the Matoran were asleep, but she can't remember."-ibrow

IC: Artorre: Only Bay Passage:Artorre moved toward the wet hill. He wished he could send a cloud of fire up the hill to dry it, even if just for a moment, but he was trying to look weak to the skakdi. He pushed a boot deep into the muddy ground. He lifted the other foot as high as it would go, and shoved it too into the hill. Artorre decided he would proceed like this, but when he tried to pull out the first foot, it refused to come. He swore. He grabbed his leg with both hands and tugged on it. It came free from the muddy hill, but he lost balance and fell forward, face first into the mud. He stood up again and trudged up the hill, a string of profanities flying from his mouth. Along with some mud.

IC: Krokk and Mala, Path to Camp A.A clot of mud struck Mala in the back of the head, just as she was slogging up a particularly difficult section of path. She whirled around to face Artorre."Watch it, scrawny" she spat, "or you might find your brins fall out". She distainfully wiped the mud and spit off her armour and continued towards Casmp A.

ppg2.png

IC: Rayhoun/Tempest - Camp ARayhoun was very disappointed by what he found at Camp A. A camp full of absolute nothing. No one."Where the bloody Karz is everyone?!" he shouted at no one in particular.Turning back to the group, he snarled, "Well then, that was rather disheartening folks, but we must keep moving. Is there anyone here who has knowledge of the whereabouts of, well, anyone?"-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:Illume:He quickly walked down the path and noticed a group of some sort. He had not seen anyone in a while and was getting lonely so instead of running away or hiding he walked over."Hello? What are y'all doing." He said hoping to be heard and not ignored.Noir:"Asleep? Why are they all sleeping?" He wondered out loud."Do you know anything about the Rhak?" He asked to Jirael.Kane:He wandered off the trail and into the trees. Something felt like it was calling for him. But that happened a lot to insane beings. And Kane was no an expection.

Edited by paragon

OOC: Was the Eye the group that Illume ran into? If not, ignore this post.IC: Krokk and Mala, Camp AA toa suddenly walked into the clearing towards the group. He was covered in gold and silver armour, and his head was like a dragon. They did not recognise him as any of the Insomniacs.Quick as thought, the two Skakdi reacted to take down the intruder. If the new being meant any harm, they didn't wait to find out. Krokk's lightning vision sent two bolrs of electricity towards the toa while Mala used her psionic powers to fill his mind with a scream of white noise.

ppg2.png

IC - Laorus - Clearing: After an undetermined amount of time, Laorus stirred. Slowly her view of the world returned, and she found herself lying on the ground. Janx was kneeling by her."What happened?" She tried to push herself up, rubbing a hand against her head. Ow...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: I believe Illume directed that at Sirel.Garett / Matoran Village with Vertak, Jirael, Levacius, and Noir / IC:“Oh,” Garett said simply. This was perhaps the simple most important part of their mission to Dreamland. There the Matoran sat, perfect. A beacon of hope on an island that had already taken its toll. He stared at her and remained speechless.GM IC:A thorough sweep of Camp A would have revealed a few stragglers that Sirel had told to stay behind to guard the camp, but they apparently remained hidden, probably too fearful to do anything while their leader was away.Pluunar, the Matoran, however, hoped to change that as he made his way back the Forfeiter’s camp. While technically there wasn’t a second in command, he was as close as there got, which might be strange, considering he seemed the least affected mentally in the group.And the orange Matoran was not being very stealthy, despite trying to be.The third Rhak, upon getting no response from Alan, snorted. And then…He broke free.His bonds simply disintegrated under his touch. Nothing remained. And now, he was in the middle of the Hunter’s Camp.Sirel / Camp C / IC:Sirel turned around sharply and addressed what she assumed to be a Forfeiter in harsh, quiet tones, “What does it look like we’re doing? The foliage is least dense around Camp C, and we need to get past to go south. Have you not been following along?”Jirael / Matoran Village / IC:Jirael looked at the newcomers, confused. Still, she tried to answer one of the Toa’s questions, but it didn’t seem to work out. “What’s a Rhak?”Janx / With Laorus / IC:“I… I, I don’t know,” Janx said, fumbling over his words. He had spoken more today than he had in the past week. “How do you feel?” he asked, not sure if Laorus could even feel anything.

OOC: Oops, my apologies. I will redirect that post towards Pluunar.IC: Krokk and Mala, Camp AThe camp appeared deserted, but Mala scanned the bunch of trailers with her x-ray telescopic vision just in case. There were, in fact, a few being hanging around, but only one appeared to be doing much of importance. An orange Matoran, who was moving towards them. He might have been friendly, but then why would he be sneaking? The forfeiters had already attacked them once.Quick as thought, the two Skakdi reacted to take down the forfeiter. If the beings meant them any harm, they didn't wait to find out. Krokk's lightning vision sent two bolrs of electricity towards Pluunar while Mala used her psionic powers to fill his mind with a scream of white noise.

ppg2.png

GM IC: Pluunar screamed in horror as the attacks hit. He had not seen them coming at all. He had been too busy trying to pass off his walking as “sneaking”. He managed to stagger out of the way of one of the electricity bolts, but the other one hit him and sent him to the ground. But he didn’t really feel it. The white noise Mala had sent his way had shocked him so much that he fell into unconsciousness.

IC: Krokk and Mala, Camp A.Mala sensed no mental activity coming from the Matoran, signalling that they had done their job a little too well. The forfeiter was no longer a threat, but he wan't a source of information either. She couln't read someone's thoughts when they didn't have any."He was sneaking up on us" she explained to the rest of the Eye. "Might have tried to pull something. So now we're here, what's the plan? The main group aren't here, just a few stragglers and runts like this one".

ppg2.png

IC: Rayhoun/Tempest - Camp ARayhoun shook his head sadly, then summoned a gust of wind directed at Pluunar. Generally, it wouldn't have done any damage, but on Dreamland, wind came with a little bonus of rain interlaced in it.And with this particular wind, it brought about half a gallon of water tumbling on the poor Matoran."Perhaps he might be able to tell us the whereabouts of his companions," he said.-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]