Does anyone have the bionicle songs still?

rexnfx

Does anyone have the bionicle songs that were free to download off the lego website years ago? (Hero, Caught In A  Dream, Face Me, Gravity Hurts, etc) I've been wanting to get them but I can't buy them off something like Google Play or Amazon Music sadly. Anybody have them on google drive by chance?

The Cryoshell songs (Creeping in My Soul, Gravity Hurts, Bye Bye Babylon) are also available on iTunes and also on CD, but those both cost money.

I think some of these songs may be slightly different edits than the ones that were released on LEGO.com (for instance, the version of Bye Bye Babylon from Cryoshell's EP and album includes a mild swear that was cut out of the LEGO.com version), but yeah, they're still good, and if you're in a position that you are able to buy either individual songs or a whole album from an artist, you like I think it's good form to make that effort to support them.

That said, I may be wrong, but your post gives me the sense that your inability to buy songs like this has less to do with money and more to do with a technical issue like not having an account or credit/debit card you can use for online transactions. If you do have an account on any of these types of sites, a lot of stores (like pharmacies, convenience stores, supermarkets, Target, Walmart, etc) sell gift cards you can use to put money on your account even if there's no credit or debit card linked to it. That was the method I used to pay for music and apps on iTunes for years. Even some people who do have credit/debit cards prefer the gift card method if they're particularly worried about account security.

Edited by Aanchir

The Cryoshell songs (Creeping in My Soul, Gravity Hurts, Bye Bye Babylon) are also available on iTunes and also on CD, but those both cost money.

I think some of these songs may be slightly different edits than the ones that were released on LEGO.com (for instance, the version of Bye Bye Babylon from Cryoshell's EP and album includes a mild swear that was cut out of the LEGO.com version), but yeah, they're still good, and if you're in a position that you are able to buy either individual songs or a whole album from an artist, you like I think it's good form to make that effort to support them.

That said, I may be wrong, but your post gives me the sense that your inability to buy songs like this has less to do with money and more to do with a technical issue like not having an account or credit/debit card you can use for online transactions. If you do have an account on any of these types of sites, a lot of stores (like pharmacies, convenience stores, supermarkets, Target, Walmart, etc) sell gift cards you can use to put money on your account even if there's no credit or debit card linked to it. That was the method I used to pay for music and apps on iTunes for years. Even some people who do have credit/debit cards prefer the gift card method if they're particularly worried about account security.

No I have a card I can use for online purchases. I'm perfectly able (and happy) to buy all the songs LEGO used for promotion, they just aren't available for sale. There is an orchestral version of Gravity Hurts on Amazon Music, but that's the only version available. :)

The Biomedia Project has the songs, and nearly every source of canon besides. I'm sorry I can't provide a link, but if you Google it, you'll find it. Hope that helped!

Thanks a ton!

I’m just gonna throw this out there: BMP also has the BIONICLE 2003 Tour Mix and BIONICLE Brain, which were both once banned from BZP.

(I think I actually found those elsewhere when they were relatively hard to find and shared them with BMP, so it’s because of me they have them, but I’m not one to brag)

Yes, they were rerecorded later. The LEGO versions of those songs were almost like promotional or demo recordings, and the earlier ones were credited to the individual singers rather than Cryoshell.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

(for instance, the version of Bye Bye Babylon from Cryoshell's EP and album includes a mild swear that was cut out of the LEGO.com version)

All these years, I never even noticed. Kind of annoying that they had to cut out a name for a location in religious cosmology to appease the American soccer moms, thus making that lyric not work in remotely the same capacity.

• Upvote 1

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

(for instance, the version of Bye Bye Babylon from Cryoshell's EP and album includes a mild swear that was cut out of the LEGO.com version)

All these years, I never even noticed. Kind of annoying that they had to cut out a name for a location in religious cosmology to appease the American soccer moms, thus making that lyric not work in remotely the same capacity.

While I agree the reduplication of "be sure I will be there" is weaker than varying the lines more according to their context, I think it has to be understood that some people with more religious leanings or who were raised in a time when religious profanity was just as taboo as sexual or scatalogical profanity might interpret "you can wish me ____" as literally invoking the threat of eternal damnation, rather than using the swear in question figuratively to refer to an unpleasant ordeal (as in idioms like "this job is ____" or "there's gonna be ____ to pay").

Not to mention, LEGO is a toy line — and while sure, toy-based media like the Transformers movies can get away with mild swearing, it's in a context where the movie's rating already warns concerned parents that elements of it might not be appropriate for younger kids. Suffice to say even for brands that dabble in that kind of more mature media, it would be bad PR to have an audio clip featuring swearing as a free download on the Transformers website.

Language is complex, and there's been plenty of controversy over kid-oriented brands using language that has an unintended literal or figurative meaning. An example LEGO encountered only a few years back was when Turg, one of the long-tongued Lixers tribe of Mixels. was described as a "window-licker". In a broad sense, it's an insult that is sometimes used (even on primetime TV) to mean simple-minded or incapable. But the roots of that term, which arose in the 1980s, are as a slur against disabled people. And unlike terms like "dumb", "stupid", "idiot", "moron", "nincompoop", and "imbecile", which also have ableist roots but are not widely associated with those specific meanings any more, this word is still widely used with its original ableist meaning. So I think LEGO pretty much invited the controversy that erupted from that.

I'm pretty sure the versions of all those songs I have are still the original downloads from when they were originally put up on Bionicle.com. Passed down from memory card to memory card, traversing various devices and computers over the course of over a decade, all the while experiencing all the creative endeavours I have pursued in that time.

Was I really that desperate to make sure I never had to re-download those songs...? :v

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png