Room Copenhagen Storage Bricks at Five Below?

danny316p

I thought about sharing this as news, but I'd like some outside confirmation first. My local Five Below had the 1x1 round storage bricks from Room Copenhagen in stock today. I wasn't certain of MSRP, but searching online a bit, $5 a pop looks like ~60% off. Definitely a good deal for those of us who like giant system bricks and want more cannister-shaped LEGO storage in our lives. Also definitely a deal for people who have a bin marked 3062b and expect people to know what that means.

When I went to the register, though, there was no sign of these bricks in their system - they rang them up as generic storage containers at $5 each. Checking their website doesn't reveal anything either. I suspect this is a new item that they'll be carrying for a little while, but it's also possible that it's just a fluke that these showed up at my location. Have you seen any of these around?

See:

Firstly, that is one heck of steal. Secondly, I had never heard of Five Below until now. Given the name I assume it's some variety of dollar store offshoot?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Firstly, that is one heck of steal. Secondly, I had never heard of Five Below until now. Given the name I assume it's some variety of dollar store offshoot?

Sort of - it's very teen/youth oriented, so it comes across as relatively "hip", especially in comparison to regular dollar stores. The double meaning of the name is that they're a little cooler, like five degrees below something.

Five Below does appear to be somewhat regional, though - I know when I lived in Florida, we didn't have access to them at all. It would drive me crazy that $5 phone chargers were commonplace in much of the country, but buying the same item at the local Walmart would cost me $20+. I'm much too cheap for that.

I used to like that the cachet was the price point - they carry LEGO polybags and collectible minifigures at regular price, since they're below $5 anyway. In recent years, I've noticed them carrying more off-brand products and even their own store brand of bricks. Their inventory seems to vary more with trends and seasons these days, too - last year they had tons of LEGO Dimensions and fidget spinners, and both are long gone now. Then again, there was a different regional discount chain that got even steeper discounts on LEGO Dimensions, and I never saw any of those for myself (it was in the southwest IIRC).