• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

A Brief History of The Legend of Mata Nui

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 4,180 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2018 - 06:01 PM

Probably the biggest Bionicle news item of 2018 has been the return of Bionicle: The Legend of Mata Nui thanks to the discovery of alpha and beta versions of the game and a lot of work by the folks at The Beaverhouse, Team Litestone, and the BioMedia Project. Recently game journalism site Quillstreak published an in-depth look at the history of the game written by Aron Gerencser, who BZPower members may know as Pohaturon. It covers just about everything we've learned about the history of the game and how it came to be playable today. I would say it's definitely worthy of a read to any Bionicle fan who wants to know it all!

View the full article

#2 Offline Pohaturon

Pohaturon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 11-March 07
  • 935 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2018 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for the shoutout guys!

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

#3 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 04-September 09
  • 1,207 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 22 2018 - 12:18 AM

Gee, if that game had existed instead of cancelled, we would’ve enjoyed it. But, cool that we got the alpha and beta versions.:)

Plus, Lego should consider reviving Bionicle whether as G3 or re-continuing. They can start by remastering the game into a better version somehow. Maybe it could happen on Bionicle’s 20th anniversary in 2021.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

#4 Offline Daler99

Daler99
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 30-November 14
  • 274 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 24 2018 - 10:47 AM

Great article, Pohaturon. :)  It's neat to learn about the backstory behind a pivotal piece of BIONICLE history. ^_^:biorules:

~Daler

#5 Offline Darth Jaller

Darth Jaller
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 08-March 04
  • 4,896 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2018 - 03:17 PM

Oh wow, that was really interesting to read. It's great to finally have the full story of what happened to the game, after all this time; it must have taken a ton of research to turn all that up. Seriously great work on it, Pohaturon :D

LhikanLow.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.

For that is the way

of the BIONICLE."

#6 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 04-September 09
  • 1,207 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 04 2018 - 05:21 PM

Oh wow, that was really interesting to read. It's great to finally have the full story of what happened to the game, after all this time; it must have taken a ton of research to turn all that up. Seriously great work on it, Pohaturon :D

Yes, that is an interesting read. I love that the article talks about the history of Bionicle and the cancelled game. Excellent job, Pohaturon (I forgot to mention that. Oops)!:D

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users