A Brief History of The Legend of Mata Nui

Hapori Tohu

Probably the biggest Bionicle news item of 2018 has been the return of Bionicle: The Legend of Mata Nui thanks to the discovery of alpha and beta versions of the game and a lot of work by the folks at The Beaverhouse, Team Litestone, and the BioMedia Project. Recently game journalism site Quillstreak published an in-depth look at the history of the game written by Aron Gerencser, who BZPower members may know as Pohaturon. It covers just about everything we've learned about the history of the game and how it came to be playable today. I would say it's definitely worthy of a read to any Bionicle fan who wants to know it all!

View the full article

• Upvote 5

Gee, if that game had existed instead of cancelled, we would’ve enjoyed it. But, cool that we got the alpha and beta versions.:)

Plus, Lego should consider reviving Bionicle whether as G3 or re-continuing. They can start by remastering the game into a better version somehow. Maybe it could happen on Bionicle’s 20th anniversary in 2021.

• Upvote 2

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Oh wow, that was really interesting to read. It's great to finally have the full story of what happened to the game, after all this time; it must have taken a ton of research to turn all that up. Seriously great work on it, Pohaturon :D

• Upvote 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Oh wow, that was really interesting to read. It's great to finally have the full story of what happened to the game, after all this time; it must have taken a ton of research to turn all that up. Seriously great work on it, Pohaturon :D

Yes, that is an interesting read. I love that the article talks about the history of Bionicle and the cancelled game. Excellent job, Pohaturon (I forgot to mention that. Oops)!:D

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)