Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Yeah, it was definitely a great episode. Though I will say this much based on what I've seen across the internet lately; That new dragon character, Princess Ember, has really quickly become very popular.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

• 2 weeks later...

I must say though, last week's episode was very interesting and enjoyable (I didn't say that already did I?).

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Can I ask some MLP fans a question? What do you see in this show that makes it so appealing? I'm not doing this to bash anyone, I'm just simply puzzled.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Can I ask some MLP fans a question? What do you see in this show that makes it so appealing? I'm not doing this to bash anyone, I'm just simply puzzled.

It's colorful, funny, the characters are endearing, and it has some nice mythology to it. The music and voice acting are also both good. And the fan community is one of the most passionate, creative, and welcoming I've ever known.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late on mentioning this, but there's apparently an official blooper reel from Equestria Girls: Friendship Games. Take a look at it for some great humor.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/05/official-friendship-games-blooper-reel.html

• 1 month later...

Sorry for double posting, but I just wanted to point out for those unaware that, just like last year, there will be a mid-season hiatus over the summer. The last episode of the first half was last Saturday, and the rest of Season 6 will resume sometime later (probably a few months from now, but no official date has been announced yet).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one here still interested in this show?

Anyway, the new episode that was on last week was a rather good one. Based on what I saw, it's definitely one I'd recommend for anyone who's ever been involved in fandom arguments.

Are there any people here who's going to a convention soon where Lee Tockar is gong to appear? If so, please, for the love of Unity, Duty, Destiny and Friendship, ask him to do the Makuta voice, and record and/or film it. Just... please.... :D

I guess no one really cares :'(

Just a geeky guy trying to learn the craft of writing stories.

Are there any people here who's going to a convention soon where Lee Tockar is gong to appear? If so, please, for the love of Unity, Duty, Destiny and Friendship, ask him to do the Makuta voice, and record and/or film it. Just... please.... :D

Or maybe no one went to a convention he was at?

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Or maybe no one went to a convention he was at?

I was asking whether anyone is going to go to one, not if they have been to one :) And he seems to appear at a lot of them, often with acting advice.

Just a geeky guy trying to learn the craft of writing stories.

• 1 month later...

A few things I'd like to bring up.

First of all, new episodes are still ongoing every Saturday, and the season finale will be on October 22, so we're getting close to the end of Season 6.

In addition, the next Equestria Girls movie, Legend of Everfree, will be available on Netflix on October 1, this coming Saturday.

(Just a heads up, this movie recently aired in Brazil, so there may be spoilers out there for the rest of the week.)

And lastly, I've continued working on my fanfiction series LEGO Equestria Girls, and finished the third story just a few weeks ago. I'll provide links to all three of them here:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/166077/lego-equestria-girls

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/245599/lego-equestria-girls-2

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/313995/lego-equestria-girls-3

• 2 weeks later...

I feel bad about not posting here more often, given how slow this topic is. I definitely still watch the show every week.

I thought Legends of Everfree was pretty good. The new powers are interesting and I'm glad they get to keep them for future installments. Also just finished watching today's episode, "Where The Apple Lies". Solid episode with a decent lesson. Some fun easter eggs in the background ponies too.

I hear the finale episodes just aired in the UK, but I'm avoiding spoilers until they officially air in the States. I'd rather not put myself in the post-season hiatus any sooner than I have to.

• 1 month later...

I heard that a lot of people refused to watch the season 6 finale when it aired in the UK and instead chose to wait two weeks before it finally showed in the US. (Of course, this all happened two months ago now, so I guess there's little point in avoiding spoilers by now.)

Anyway, Season 7 has already been confirmed, though we don't yet know when exactly it will begin. For now, we can only assume that it'll be approximately sometime in early spring 2017.

• 1 month later...

I forgot to mention in my last post that, sometime this coming year, the Equestria Girls series will have three half-hour specials instead of a full movie (so it'll be like having three episode of a TV series).

No news yet on when that or season 7 of the main series will be coming out, but I'll be sure to mention it here once we know for sure.

• 1 month later...

Season 7 begins on April 15, so we're now only a few weeks away from seeing new episodes again.

Also, I recently started writing the fourth story in my LEGO Equestria Girls fanfiction series. Since the links to the previous stories are only a few posts above, I'll post here just the link to this latest story.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/363315/lego-equestria-girls-4

My biggest hope for Season 7 is that it will include more of the Luna's Guard type Bat-Winged Ponies, or Thestrals, as I like to call them for short (yes I know I'm ripping off HP). They have literally had a five second appearance in one episode, and it seems like they could do some stuff with them. In particular it would be a cool mission for the Map to give two or more of the Mane Six. Assuming that they're somehow estranged from the other pony races, reopening relations with them would be a fitting follow-up to the purification of the Changelings.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I just want a Celestia episode. Six seasons in, we're way overdue a Celestia episode.

That would be cool. Scorpan making an actual appearance would be nice too.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Indeed, and it will be proceeded by a week long marathon.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

For once I've actually managed to avoid all spoilers for the new season. Going in completely blind as I did back when season 2 aired!

Darn-I was wanting to talk about the teasers released so far.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Well, the new season has kicked off, so I suppose we can discuss each episode as it comes out.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

So...any thoughts on the first three episodes?

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

I really liked both of the premiere week episodes. A slice-of-life season premiere is sort of a welcome change, in my opinion, from the usual high-stakes villain plots. I loved seeing the more relatable, down-to-earth side of Celestia, the mane six actually using creative teamwork in a fun scenario, and in episode 2 the Starlight/Trixie antics were also pretty great.

I didn't like this week's episode quite as much, since the babysitter story was pretty predictable and not terribly interesting, but I was pretty impressed with how well they wrote/animated Flurry Heart to actually act like a real baby or toddler in nuanced ways. Decent episode, just not my cup of tea.

Next week is a Maud episode, so that should be fun!

I really liked both of the premiere week episodes. A slice-of-life season premiere is sort of a welcome change, in my opinion, from the usual high-stakes villain plots. I loved seeing the more relatable, down-to-earth side of Celestia, the mane six actually using creative teamwork in a fun scenario, and in episode 2 the Starlight/Trixie antics were also pretty great.

I didn't like this week's episode quite as much, since the babysitter story was pretty predictable and not terribly interesting, but I was pretty impressed with how well they wrote/animated Flurry Heart to actually act like a real baby or toddler in nuanced ways. Decent episode, just not my cup of tea.

Next week is a Maud episode, so that should be fun!

Pretty much my thoughts as well-I think that's the first time we've ever actually heard Celestial laugh. Spearhead was kind of a surprise, though as far as Royal Guards go it'd be nice if we could get some Bat Pony screen time.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

So is anyone else thinking that Starlight seems to be slowly forming her own Mane 6? First Trixie, now Maud-all she needs is another Earth Pony and a couple Pegasi.

EDIT: Well, hoping we might provoke some discussion talking about upcoming episodes, in spoilers for the benefit of those who'd rather find out what's happening as they go:

• Fluttershy Leans In-Fluttershy sets out to fulfill a longtime dream of opening her own animal sanctuary.
  • Forever Filly-Rarity plans a day with Sweetie Belle but finds out that her little sister isn't so little anymore.
  • Parental Glideance-Rainbow Dash's parents-Windy Whistles and Bow Hot Hoof-find out that she's a Wonderbolt and are super supportive...a little too supportive, if anything. Glad to finally see Rainbow Dash's folks getting into the series, though I'm going to be disappointed if it turns out Rainbow Blaze isn't actually related to her.
  • Hard to Say Anything-Big Mac develops a crush on Sugar Belle, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders set out to help him win her affections over a rival named Feather Bangs. A Big Mac episode is always a plus, though I'm a tad bummed he's not crushing on Fluttershy or Marble Pie...
  • Honest Apple-Applejack helps Rarity with a fashion show, but finds that there is a difference between honesty and just blurting things out without thinking.
  • A Royal Problem-When Luna and Celestia have trouble getting along, Starlight gets the idea that maybe switching their Cutie Marks will help them understand each other. Hoping the craziness might bring the opportunity for some Bat Ponies-seriously, I am desperate for more Bat Ponies.
  • Not Asking for Trouble-Pinkie Pie pays a visit to Yakyakistan, but finds that their new friends have trouble accepting help even when dealing with the aftermath of an avalanche.
  • Discordant Harmony-Fluttershy is going to Discord's for tea, but he's so worried about making a good impression that he starts making some changes to his home...and himself. Don't know about you, but I'm reminded of the recent "Accord" story arc from the comics.
  • The Perfect Pear-Applejack and her siblings hear the story of how their parents, Bright Mac and Pear Butter, fell in love! I am super stoked for this one-I've been dying to at least see what Applejack's parents look like, and getting an episode about them is a dream come true-I'd honestly all but given up on it.
  • Fame and Misfortune-Twilight publishes the Friendship Journal she and her friends kept, but it proves more harmful to their friendship than helpful.
  • Triple Threat-Spike tries to keep Thorax and Ember apart after inviting them both to visit Ponyville on the same day. Don't know exactly why he thinks them meeting up would be bad...but hey, more Ember!

Edited by Wiriamu

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Not a lot going on in here, is there?

The Fluttershy episode seemed okay-cool to see her development into a more confident character.

Kinda bummed about the news that Rainbow Blaze isn't Dash's dad, but Bow Hot Hoof seems okay. I'm guessing Blaze is either Rainbow's uncle-probably on her dad's side-or possibly an older brother...maybe a cousin? Either way, I would guess that he lives-or did live-with Bow and Windy Whistles, and probably inspired/nurtured Rainbow Dash's dreams of becoming a Wonderbolt. It'd be cool if we could get some clarification in an episode or comic, but I don't know if he's a big enough character for them to worry about it. Now I kinda want to see Scootaloo's parents-I mean, for crying out loud, we've seen Diamond Tiara's parents but not hers.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Apologies, I've been a lurker on BZP for almost 14 years, it's difficult to break that habit. :P

Fluttershy's episode was pretty good. Definitely cool to see how her character's developed and changed since season 1, and she's now able to stand for herself and pursue her dreams. Seems like all the Mane Six are going in similar directions, and I wonder where that will lead once their goals are accomplished.

Next week's Sweetie Belle episode almost feels like a thematic continuation of the Applewood Derby episode last season, showing that the CMC aren't so little and dependent anymore. I wonder if we'll get similar character growth stories for Scootaloo and Apple Bloom eventually, like how each of them got a Luna dream episode.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone happen to see last week's new episode? We finally got to see Rainbow Dash's parents for the very first time, and I have to say, they sure do show a lot of enthusiasm for their daughter (much to her embarrassment at times).

Did anyone happen to see last week's new episode? We finally got to see Rainbow Dash's parents for the very first time, and I have to say, they sure do show a lot of enthusiasm for their daughter (much to her embarrassment at times).

I did indeed. It was awkward as all get out at times, but I must say I love her parents. I think this episode also goes loads towards explaining her...healthy...ego. Now my only question is, how does Rainbow Blaze fit in? I would guess that he's probably Bow's brother, or maybe even Rainbow Dash's older brother. If you don't know who I'm talking about:

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/0/04/Rainbow_Blaze_ID_S3E12.png/revision/latest?cb=20130210120638

Also, am I the only one who would be unsurprised if Bow and Windy took Scootaloo's parents to court for neglect and tried to get custody of her?

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, not a lot going on here, is there?

Hard to Say Anything was equal parts delightful and super awkward-like a number of My Little Pony episodes the beginning and end were great but the middle was tough to sit through. Big Mac and Sugar Belle seem like a pretty cute couple-I've kind of liked the idea of him and Fluttershy as an item for a while though, and he and Marble Pie were simply adorable. Of course, there's always the chance that they could end up splitting up later; though if they do tie the knot, I wonder whether Sugar Belle would move to Ponyville or if Big Mac would move out to Our Town (believe that's the name they're currently going with) and start his own Apple Farm. Any other Ponyshippers out there?

Haven't seen the most recent episode with Applejack-appreciate the lesson behind it, but doesn't interest me all that much. We do have a Celestia and Luna episode coming up next that sounds like it will be quite interesting...

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs