Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

After 11 episodes, we're now in a mid-season hiatus. No news yet on when new episodes will resume.

In the meantime, we now have the three Equestria Girls specials to look forward to, one per week and each of them the same length as an episode. The first one will be on tomorrow (based on what I've heard, the one I'll be most looking forward to is the third one, which will be two weeks from now).

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

If you know where to look on streaming sites, Australia actually aired episodes 12 and 13 this week before their hiatus break, and fans got recordings. I might go check it out myself, because I was particularly interested in those episodes.

I actually didn't know the EqD specials were happening, I'll have to look those up!

After 11 episodes, we're now in a mid-season hiatus. No news yet on when new episodes will resume.

Yeah, it's torture, especially since we're two episodes away from an episode I REALLY want to see

Namely, the one about Applejack's parents.

Despite that, the majority of the season seven episodes have been pretty awesome. I liked the introduction of Daybreaker, though I was somewhat disappointed at their failure to include or even allude to Luna's personal guard while Celestia was handling Luna's duties; it's like they're determined to pretend that those guys never happened. I'm also curious as to how Daybreaker might make a return appearance-she's way too cool not to show up again.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

If you know where to look on streaming sites, Australia actually aired episodes 12 and 13 this week before their hiatus break, and fans got recordings. I might go check it out myself, because I was particularly interested in those episodes.

I actually didn't know the EqD specials were happening, I'll have to look those up!

Although I'll confess that I have seen them, I will also prefer to watch them when they officially air in America. You see, the problem with foreign broadcasts of shows made in America is that, due to the slightly different framerate (I don't remember the exact numbers) at which broadcasting is done in Europe (and apparently Australia too), the result is that an episode broadcasted (and recorded) there has a slightly higher audio pitch (typically very easy to notice in the intro, since that's always going to be in every single episode and thus easy to notice when something's different in such a very familiar part). So basically, if you would rather watch these episodes in ideal quality (and not listen to everyone in slightly higher voices), then you'll just have to wait for the American broadcast, with its proper speed and audio.

Anyway, as for the Equestria Girls specials, the first one was on last Saturday, and the second will be this Saturday, with the third and final one the week after that.

Big news, the MLP movie trailer just hit! Pretty crazy stuff.

Although I'll confess that I have seen them, I will also prefer to watch them when they officially air in America. You see, the problem with foreign broadcasts of shows made in America is that, due to the slightly different framerate (I don't remember the exact numbers) at which broadcasting is done in Europe (and apparently Australia too), the result is that an episode broadcasted (and recorded) there has a slightly higher audio pitch

I didn't actually know this issue until I watched the episodes, but yeah it was really noticeable. It's not due to a framerate difference so much as when other countries speed up the episode slightly to fit their network's timeslots or to fit in more ads.

I'm usually one to wait to watch things until they air, like when Steven Universe episodes release early, but in this case since episode 13 was one I was really looking forward to, I broke down and watched it.

I did luckily manage to find an upload of Episode 13 (The Perfect Pear) that was captured at the correct speed and pitch, and I'm glad because this was probably my favorite episode all season. Feels ramped up to 11.

This trailer was amazing-I love the fact that they're going to include a bunch of background/supporting characters in it in true MLP fashion. Also liking the look of the redesigned Canterlot castle; it's about time Luna got a throne of her own. I must say the Storm King is...surprising; I wasn't expecting him to be quite so cheery. Then again, I suppose the series has already done intense male villains in the forms of Sombra and Tirek, even if Sombra has been-at least so far as the comics are concerned-redeemed.

I am super stoked for the Perfect Pair.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Check this out:

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/06/3700-piece-lego-rainbow-dash.html

It's a 3700 piece Lego MoC of Rainbow Dash! According to the link, this model took over a year to create, and it will be displayed this weekend at "Bricktastic" in Manchester, UK.

• 4 weeks later...

Rest of season 7 starts up August 5 and will continue airing past the premier of the movie.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Yes, new episodes will be resuming next Saturday, with episodes 12 and 13 both on the same day, one right after the other. After that, it'll be back to the standard schedule of one every Saturday.

• 4 weeks later...

So the Perfect Pear was one of the most amazing episodes of the series in my opinion. Not as hot on the other new episodes, though it was nice to see Ember again.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

• 1 month later...

You may have already heard about it by now, but the My Little Pony Movie is now out in theaters.

Personally, I won't be going out to see it (I'm far more reluctant to let others know of my interest in this series than I am of my love of Lego and thus why I had no problem going to see the Ninjago movie), but I do hope to eventually see it in some other more privately accessible way, though it probably won't be for months.

• 2 weeks later...

You may have already heard about it by now, but the My Little Pony Movie is now out in theaters.

Personally, I won't be going out to see it (I'm far more reluctant to let others know of my interest in this series than I am of my love of Lego and thus why I had no problem going to see the Ninjago movie), but I do hope to eventually see it in some other more privately accessible way, though it probably won't be for months.

Well, I can say it's a pretty awesome film-I took my niece and nephew to see it. It's not the perfect movie, but enjoyable nonetheless.

And now we're a week away from the finale of season 7.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

• 2 weeks later...

And so another hiatus begins.

Yep-gotta wait until next year for more animation goodness, including Chrysalis and-apparently-a return by Tirek.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you willing to watch Equestria Girls, the hiatus is already over. The first episode of the new series is now available on Hasbro's YouTube channel. (This will be the only time I'll post the video link, as I'm sure that when new episodes come out each week, it'll be rather easy to find them from the first one.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEAXo2sxqTI

Oh, and I just realized that I forgot to mention the progress I've made on my fanfiction series, LEGO Equestria Girls. I finished the fourth story a few months ago, and once again I plan on writing another one next year. As usual, I'll post links to all the main stories in my series so far.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/166077/lego-equestria-girls

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/245599/lego-equestria-girls-2

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/313995/lego-equestria-girls-3

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/363315/lego-equestria-girls-4

The key word there is "willing".

So with the revelation that Tirek will apparently be returning in the upcoming season, it seems to me that a pattern has been established, consciously or unconsciously, with regards to the introductions of major villains in the franchise. By major I'm talking villains who were so bad that they debuted in a two-part episode and/or were defeated in a two part episode-not one time troublemakers like Lightning Dust or briefly escalating nuisances like Trixie. The pattern seems to be this: major villains introduced in odd-numbered seasons seem to end up being redeemed or eliminated (either way they're done being a villain) while major villains introduced in even-numbered seasons survive to make a pest of themselves down the road-in ANOTHER even numbered season:

• Season 1: Nightmare Moon is introduced but cleansed by the Elements of Harmony in the series premier, and thereafter confined to flashbacks, nightmares, illusions, alternate timelines, and the occasional comic appearance that ends with her quickly reverting back to Luna form.
  • Season 2: Discord is introduced but defeated, and starts on the path to redemption in season 3. Queen Chrysalis and the Changelings are also introduced but expelled by Shining Armor and Princess Cadance's combined magic.
  • Season 3: King Sombra is introduced but is quickly defeated; if you confine yourself to the animated series he is for all intents and purposes dead at this point, whereas the comics featured his return followed quickly by his redemption.
  • Season 4: Tirek is introduced but eventually defeated and returned to Tartarus. Discord also makes a return to his antagonist role in season 4, both with his instigation of/apathy towards the whole Plunderseeds situation and his later alliance with Tirek. However, he does break the pattern somewhat-what else do you expect from the Spirit of Chaos?-by actually becoming a redeemed character, albeit a mischievous one.
  • Season 5: Starlight Glimmer is introduced, and actually becomes the first villain to appear in two different two-parters, but these serve to bookend the same season and result in Starlight being redeemed. The other major villains from previous seasons also make brief appearances, but these are confined to brief appearances in presumably nullified alternate timelines.
  • Season 6: Chrysalis and the Changelings make their return after an absence of FOUR SEASONS (not counting The Cutie Re-Mark - Part 2), but their return culminates in the majority of the Changelings choosing to share love and Chrysalis being deposed as their leader.
  • Season 7: The Pony of Shadows is introduced as a full-fledged villain rather than a Headless Horse/Olden Pony type fable, but proves to be a Unicorn possessed by darkness. That darkness is separated from him by the Elements of Harmony and trapped in limbo, leaving the Unicorn himself as a redeemed character.
  • Season 8: Chrysalis will be returning after a much shorter absence, but also minus her previous entourage, and Tirek will be returning after being absent for FOUR SEASON-funny how that seemed to be his and Chrysalis' magic number.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

• 1 month later...

In addition to the new Equestria Girls shorts that have been coming out on YouTube once every week, there will also be a one-hour special episode of Equestria Girls that'll premier on February 17, so just one month from now. Based on the preview I've seen, it looks like it'll be a very interesting one.

• 1 month later...

The Equestria Girls one-hour special, "Forgotten Friendship", was on yesterday. I was able to watch it and I have to say, it was definitely one of the most thrilling installments in the series I've seen.

In addition to the Equestria Girls shorts on YouTube that are still ongoing, we also now have confirmation that Season 8 of the main show will begin on March 24, so just over one month left to go before we see new episodes.

• 1 month later...

The premier of Season 8 was on today. Has anyone here seen it yet? I thought it was a nice way to set up the rather interesting new direction the show will be going in for this season.

• 3 months later...

If there's anyone still around on this forum who watches this show, I'd like to point out a couple things. First of all, there was a second one-hour Equestria Girls special called "Rollercoaster of Friendship" that was on a couple weeks ago. And second, the second half of Season 8 will begin on August 4, less than two weeks from now, with two new episodes on the same day.

• 2 months later...

No idea if there's still anyone here who's interested in this show, but I might as well at least mention what's new lately. First of all, the Equestria Girls series on YouTube recently finished only a couple weeks ago, but I've heard that a second season (and a couple more one-hour specials) will be coming out sometime relatively soon. As for the main show, the finale of Season 8 was on last week, and it sure was quite an interesting turn of events. (Edit: I forgot to mention, there will also be a one-hour holiday special next week, so that should be interesting to see.)

Since no one here has really said anything at all about Season 8 up to this point, I might as well be the one to explain a few things. The theme of this season has been the "School of Friendship" created and run by Twilight and her friends. Some episodes this season focused on a particular group of six students attending that school: Sandbar the earth pony, Gallus the griffin, Smolder the dragon, Yona the yak, Ocellus the changeling, and Sliverstream the hippogriff. These six students (often referred to by fans as either the Young Six or the Student Six) have turned out to be some interesting characters, and I really liked seen them this season.

In fact, my favorite episode this season (and probably one of my favorites of the entire series) was episode 22, "What Lies Beneath", when the six students end up trapped in a cave beneath the school and separately have to face illusions of their greatest fears in order to escape. Part of the reason I liked that episode so much is that as I watched it, I just couldn't help but be reminded of certain parts of the Bionicle G1 storyline (particularly late 2006), so I felt that it was nice that this show has lately been going in directions not too different from the Bionicle stories I had followed ten years earlier.

Edited by Chronicler06

• 2 months later...

For anyone still following this topic, I'd like to mention that the new season of Equestria Girls shorts on YouTube just started, with each new one coming out every Friday. I'll post a link here of the playlist, so you can watch all of whatever has already come out, no matter how late you might be to see this.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNXV9Mb7egjH1c75ywYPFsZUm_TDYMQzD

• 2 months later...

Just a further update, a third one-hour Equestria Girls special called "Spring Breakdown" was on last Saturday. (If the the two specials from last year are anything to go by, then it will later be officially uploaded to YouTube in parts within the coming weeks, so don't worry if you missed the full premiere.)

In addition, Season 9 of the main show will premiere in just a couple days from now. Most notably of all, it has been officially confirmed that this will also be the final season of this show. Yes, that's right, the show of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will finally come to an end with the finale of Season 9 at a yet-to-be-determined time later this year. (Considering that this is a Bionicle forum, I think it's interesting to note that Bionicle's original run lasted from 2001 to 2010, while MLP:FiM will have lasted from 2010 to 2019, so that's a nine year run for both of them in back-to-back decades. Kind of makes you wonder what the next big thing will be in the upcoming decade.)

• 2 months later...

Episode 13 was on last Saturday, and as with previous seasons, this means a mid-season hiatus for the next few weeks. However, there's a couple other things to look forward to. This coming Saturday will be the "Rainbow Roadtrip" one-hour special, which will be animated in the same style as the movie, so that should be interesting to watch. Also, the next Equestria Girls one-hour special, "Sunset's Backstage Pass", will be on July 27, so that'll be a month from now. No official word yet on when the second half of Season 9 will begin, but I assume it'll be the week after that Equestria Girls special, which would make it August 3.

• 2 months later...

Okay, now that the forums are back, a quick update for anyone still paying any attention to this topic.

As I had expected, the second half of Season 9 started the week after Sunset's Backstage Pass (which I really liked, due to how it portrayed Sunset Shimmer caught in a time loop). New episodes are still showing every Saturday (the most recent one being episode 20 this weekend), with the series finale being a three-part special (24 & 25 being a two-part episode, followed by 26 as a kind of epilogue episode) that will be on October 12. Also, the day before the premiere of the finale will be a behind-the-scenes special about the show, so that should be interesting to see. As for Equestria Girls, apparently production on that series ended at around the same time as the pony series, so it looks like that'll be ending this year as well (though it's been said Sunset's Backstage Pass is the final hour-long special (hardly an appropriate series finale like the pony series will be getting), there's apparently a holiday special that's yet to be officially announced, so we'll have to wait and see what that'll be about).

• 1 month later...

Seeing as there has still been no additional comments on this topic, and with both My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls now officially finished, this could possibly be the last comment this topic might ever see.

Anyway, the series finale of MLP:FiM was last month. For those who haven't payed any attention, the theme of Season 9 was Celestia and Luna decide to retire as rulers of Equestria and prepare Twilight Sparkle to take their place (who in turn prepares Starlight Glimmer to take over the School of Friendship). The season started with all four remaining (not reformed) villains summoned together by a new villain named Grogar, who wants them all to work together to finally beat the heroes. However, King Sombra chooses to go it alone and is ultimately defeated, but not before destroying the Tree of Harmony and its Elements. At the end of the season, we have the final battle between the forces of good and evil (I'm not sure if anyone reading this wants to avoid spoilers, so I'll refrain from saying much more). And that final epilogue episode basically gives us a glimpse of what life is like for the main ponies many years in the future. I'm telling you, that final episode, "The Last Problem" is definitely among my favorites of the entire series.

As for Equestria Girls, the holiday special that was on just over a week ago was actually a collection of six shorts (each about seven minutes long, making them more than twice as long as all the other shorts seen over the last two years). It's unknown if there will be anything new coming out next year, but since one of the production companies involved has confirmed they are no longer working on this series, it seems very likely that Equestria Girls is also over (despite not getting a proper finale like FiM got).

Finally, the only definitely confirmed piece of future content is the next movie, which is scheduled to be out in theaters on September 24, 2021, and is supposedly meant to be the start of the upcoming G5 pony series, so it'll be quite a while before we see anything new.

Regardless, this incredible fandom lives on, and I believe it will continue to thrive strongly for many years to come.

Huh, I've been gone longer than I thought. Kudos to you for keeping this thread going with your updates.

I remember when I got into MLP:FiM. It was 2011. The new episode everyone was talking about was Luna Eclipsed. A lot of people on here had pony avatars, and I thought it was all just a joke until I saw the topic. I started watching the show regularly, and one weekend I marathoned all of Season 1 and Season 2 until Luna Eclipsed. It was glorious. When did I stop watching the show? I think it was sometime after the Starlight Glimmer stuff. The last major episode I saw was the Pony of Shadows thing, with the little grey one who turned evil because he thought the pony hero team was getting more attention, or something. I honestly don't remember. I still liked it, but it was getting hard for me to continue to be excited every time a world-ending threat appeared, because there had just been so many of them by that point. It's like the Pokémon movies. Has Ash ever visited a town and NOT ended up saving the world? How is he not a world-famous celebrity by now? And if he's still 10 years old, he's saving the world, like, at least once a month. That's why my favorite MLP episode is the one where Princess Cadence visits Twilight, and Twilight wants a slow, relaxing day, but Discord ends up sending them on a superfluous adventure, which Cadence enjoys because her everyday life is so boring. That was a funny subversion. But I guess it's inevitable for any long-form serial to develop this problem. I hope I have the time and means to catch up someday. I still love the show, I really do. I'm just so busy. Fluttershy is still best pony, and Luna is still best princess. I'm peripherally aware of who/what Flurry Heart is. I'm wondering if anyone else has been keeping up. I'd like to read other people's experiences with it recently, and how the BIONICLE/MLP fandom has fared as a whole since 20-who-knows-when.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 1 year later...

I don't know if anyone around here is still interested in MLP, but I figured I should at least share the big news revealed earlier today.

Seeing my last post here, I did mention there was a new movie planned for September 24 of this year that would be the start of a G5 series. Although it won't be out in theaters as originally planned (blame the pandemic for that), it will be available on Netflix on that scheduled date, so that should make it easier for us to watch it once it's released. Anyway, the big news for today is that the first trailer for that movie has finally been revealed. For those of you who are interested, here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2I5HtYlwrQ

Edited by Chronicler06

• 1 month later...

So the new movie (My Little Pony: A New Generation) was released on Netflix last week. I watched and I certainly enjoyed it (always fun to see a new setting with new characters and new locations), and based on many comments I've read elsewhere, it seems quite popular amongst both newcomers and longtime fans. (Some have even argued that it's significantly better than the 2017 movie.) For those of you who still remain interested in MLP, I would absolutely recommend watching this new movie.

Yeah, the movie was good. Lots of mysteries still left open (how did the ponies split apart? how come nopony has a cutie mark? what happened to the supposedly-immortal alicorns? what about all the other creatures around Equestria?), but a satisfying story.

However, it didn't quite feel like MLP to me. Maybe it was the 3D animation, or the lack of anything recognizable from G4 (other than a few cameos like cutie mark symbols and a tree) playing a role in the story. Anyway, it just sort of felt like a one-species (or is that three-species) Zootopia.

Some have even argued that it's significantly better than the 2017 movie.

I would tend to disagree, mostly I guess because that one, for all its faults, really is an MLP movie. Might just be nostalgia talking, though.

In any case, yes, the movie was good, go watch it, but moderate your expectations. I hope the upcoming G5 series will solve some of these mysteries and feel more connected to G4, but that might just not happen. We Bionicle fans know that sometimes a reboot just can't capture the original magic.

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

• 5 months later...

There have been many announcements over the last few weeks regarding this year's new content following after last year's New Generation movie.

The main series, using the same 3D animation as the movie and like the movie will be on Netflix, will be titled "Make Your Mark" and will consist of a 44-minute special coming out on May 26, the first season (consisting of at least 8 episodes) will be out on September 26, and there will be a 44-minute holiday special on November 26.

Additionally, there will also be a 2D animated series that'll be available on YouTube, starting on April 7. Unlike the story-driven main series, this series, titled "Tell Your Tale", will be short episodes that focus more on everyday life.

Finally, there will also be a video game coming out on all the major consoles on May 27, titled "A Maretime Bay Adventure". (I consider this news particularly significant, considering that the FiM series we were all familiar with over the past decade never got a console video game at all.)

We certainly have got a lot to look forward to, this year.

• 5 months later...

Oh wow, this is a time capsule of a thread. So many dead accounts. MLP was one of the weirdest cultural moments out there. And yet one of the most wonderful. It was a genuinely fun and oftentimes hilarious community. Where did it all go? Well season 5 is where it all went. By season 5 the character arcs were effectively all done and the new characters simply never caught on like the mane six did. By making itself more complicated it simply alienated established fans and only retained the lore obsessed hardcore. But then again the show's status quo couldn't have survived anyway. It simply would have gotten old. Other shows came along which stole the limelight away from this one. Either way I would still love to re-experience the heyday of this fanbase. For all the "cringe" it was fun.

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

9 hours ago, masterchirox580 said:

Oh wow, this is a time capsule of a thread. So many dead accounts. MLP was one of the weirdest cultural moments out there. And yet one of the most wonderful. It was a genuinely fun and oftentimes hilarious community. Where did it all go? Well season 5 is where it all went. By season 5 the character arcs were effectively all done and the new characters simply never caught on like the mane six did. By making itself more complicated it simply alienated established fans and only retained the lore obsessed hardcore. But then again the show's status quo couldn't have survived anyway. It simply would have gotten old. Other shows came along which stole the limelight away from this one. Either way I would still love to re-experience the heyday of this fanbase. For all the "cringe" it was fun.

Believe me, if you know where to look, you'll see the MLP fandom still remains very active. It may no longer be so huge that you see it practically everywhere, but there's always lots of new fanart and fanfiction coming out every day, a level of activity that few fandoms could ever imagine having, especially after a few years since the main series ended (though it does help that there's now a new generation series that just recently started with an entirely new cast of characters, as I've mentioned in my most recent posts in this topic).

20 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

Believe me, if you know where to look, you'll see the MLP fandom still remains very active. It may no longer be so huge that you see it practically everywhere, but there's always lots of new fanart and fanfiction coming out every day, a level of activity that few fandoms could ever imagine having, especially after a few years since the main series ended (though it does help that there's now a new generation series that just recently started with an entirely new cast of characters, as I've mentioned in my most recent posts in this topic).

I've seen the new series and was not impressed. The new characters are honestly just flat and the world is not remotely compelling. The fanbase may have some dedicated hardcores left but the majority left years ago. The makers of G5 seem to have absolutely no interest in appealling to the old brony audience. Who knows though. Maybe G6 will harken back to FIM.

It's time to move on.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, for anyone who does still follow the G5 series, the first bunch of episodes just released on Netflix earlier this week (officially called Make Your Mark: Chapter 2). From what I've heard among fans, those eight episodes are a notable improvement over the special that came out back in May (which is now apparently known as "Chapter 1" of the Make Your Mark series), with Episode 3 being a particular favorite.

For me, I liked most of those episodes, and enjoyed seeing the story arc develop through the series alongside the other events focused on in each episode. Also worth noting are some interesting references and callbacks to G4 (especially with a surprise appearance in Episode 2), but they're rare enough that the series is able to stand out on its own for now.

Anyway, I enjoyed watching these episodes (as well as the Tell Your Tale episodes that continue to come out on YouTube each week), and will look forward to seeing where they take the series next year.

On 9/9/2022 at 10:54 AM, masterchirox580 said:

have absolutely no interest in appealling to the old brony audience.

And that's a good thing! :P 

Like seriously, the fandom became something that the likes of Hasbro really wouldn't want to be associated with, I think they're just focusing on marketing it to its intended audience now.

On 9/8/2022 at 5:09 AM, masterchirox580 said:

Well season 5 is where it all went. By season 5 the character arcs were effectively all done and the new characters simply never caught on like the mane six did.

That's good to know as I stopped at Season 4 and have wondered if I missed out on much.

On 9/8/2022 at 5:09 AM, masterchirox580 said:

It was a genuinely fun and oftentimes hilarious community.

Yeah, the show itself was good memories for me, had a few laugh out loud moments and I remember a couple fan things like a YouTube channel named Yumsoda that made some funny ASDF inspired skits using the figurines. My favourite was one where a Queen Celestia figure was thrown on a driveway in a "how to be a princess tutorial."

The last MLP thing I've heard about is Alumx's Giffin Village project (Anyone heard of it?) which I really like the 3D-2D blend and his Celestia skits are funny with the semi-broken english.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/29/2023 at 9:08 PM, The Toa of Music said:

Why does this exist lmao.

Because at the time it was made many of us were MLP fans (then known as bronies). It used to be this huge content empire that has since receded into a much smaller but still dedicated fanbase. Most of us have moved on since. Although for anyone who was a fan of this programme I could possibly recommend Bluey which is having a somewhat similar moment right now. Although it's admittedly a very different kind of programme I think it can have some psychological benefits. 

It's time to move on.

• 6 months later...
On 3/27/2023 at 6:13 PM, masterchirox580 said:

Because at the time it was made many of us were MLP fans (then known as bronies). It used to be this huge content empire that has since receded into a much smaller but still dedicated fanbase. Most of us have moved on since. Although for anyone who was a fan of this programme I could possibly recommend Bluey which is having a somewhat similar moment right now. Although it's admittedly a very different kind of programme I think it can have some psychological benefits. 

Blue is the best.

It's so weird how the brony fandom just kind of ended. I know it still exists (I still check My Little Brony every now and again) but it really was everywhere for awhile. MLP was the thing that got me through the end of BIONICLE. I remember so passionately watching each new episode on YouTube then listening to Digibro and Tommy Oliver's videos on them.

I think it was around S6 was when I stopped watching it. It wasn't intentional, I just ran out of time. I still plan on eventually tracking down and watching them all on DVD, but it really isn't the same anymore.

I have absolutely no interest in G5. I have heard exactly zero good things about it.

• Like 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!