Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Just finished watching the episode.

Every single part of it... amazing. At first I didn't get why nopony believed Twi, but then I remembered Lesson Zero. Of course, lessons tend to be retained throughout the series, so I guess that's still up for debate. I wish Luna appeared more, though; she was completely ineffectual here. I doubt she would have been any help considering how Celestia fared (maybe the two of them working together would have beat Chrysalis?), but seeing her a bit more than she did. Also Dash's dress was a bit too similar to her gala dress, but whatever.ALSO VINYL HAS RED EYES OMGOMGOMGOMG

Edited by ~Allegretto~
19704_s.gif

but then I remembered Lesson Zero.

Don't forget about It's About Time. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So now we got changelings, you would expect that for the season 3 premire

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Amazing episode(s). I loved both of them. The story was great, though a bit see-through at times (not always though). Also, did anyone else catch when Rainbow Dash rescued Fluttershy, they had this weird little nuzzle/kiss moment, and there was totally a kiss sound in it. Am I the only one that caught that?Anyway yeah, fantastic finale. Can't wait for season 3.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Just finished watching the episode.

ALSO VINYL HAS RED EYES OMGOMGOMGOMG

Actually, they're magenta. EQD did a report on the Vinyl Scratch template leaked by Studio B. They're magenta.Overall, this finale was amazing. Is it bad that I think they should end the series now? I know there's a new season in the fall, but there's no way it can ever be better than that.

faber_tahu.jpg

B I O N I C L E

2001-2010

Overall, this finale was amazing. Is it bad that I think they should end the series now? I know there's a new season in the fall, but there's no way it can ever be better than that.

I've learned to never doubt studio B on whether they can surpass themselves. I told myself that the wedding couldn't possibly be more epic than Return of Harmony, and now look at what we've got.

Well, now that Season 2 is over, I'd like to explain what I'd like for Season 3:1) An episode where a new villain unites himself/herself with past villains (Case-in-point: Discord and Chrysalis)2) More canon shipping3) More poniesI personally liked this season better than the first season, and this season may be hard to top, yet I never have doubted Studio B's potential, and I bet that we still have many great episodes to come.All that aside, what would you like to see in Season 3?

Let's see-maybe Twilights brother should visit?-more mystery stuff like the mmm mystery-more songs like the song This Day Aria, we need more dramatic songs like that if they encounter more villains-more Luna-How about finally, a big Mac episode where he doesn't speak baby.-We haven't had a good rarity or applejack episode in a while.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

( you Said it broseph

I know right?! I've listened obit about 15-30 times and hasn't lost it's feel!

LOOOOOOVE IS IN BLOOOOM!Really liked these episodes. Sure the third act 'twist' in this one wasn't much better than what we had in 1.2, but there was very much still to like. I just wish that Twilight having an older brother wasn't so jarringly thrown in. But I guess that's cartoon continuity for you.

This Day Aria<3

Can we all agree this was the best song of season 2?
BZPRPG

I can!!! The Music was able move smoothly and perfectly and the vocals were amazing!

This Day Aria and the Smile Song are both #1 to me, but for different reasons.This Day Aria is awesomely dramatic.The Smile Song is the perfect cheer-up song.

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

This whole thing seemed like...no scratch that, THIS IS BETTER THAN DISNEY AND ANY OTHER MUSICAL COMPANY COMBINED!!!!! This Day Aria was beautiful with the vocals, instruments and the flow of it and it was able to change from evil sad and dramatic!Love is in bloom was a great way to finish it, with an ubeat feeling, it was a great way to sum it up.Overall, This Day Aria was beautiful, and my new favorite hands down!!!! Never looses it feel!

Easily This Day Aria was one of the best parts of the episode. It just fit in so nicely with everything else that was going on: it didn't feel forced, and it ran ever so smoothly. Few shows have songs that are able to be fitted in so nicely with the general surroundings. The organ in Chrysalis' part just made the songs absolutely perfect, in my opinion.Best song overall? Tossup between This Day Aria and Smile. Both of these songs are perfect in that they convey the personalities of the singers so very well. The former shows how powerful and lost Chrysalis and Cadence were respectively, and the latter just showcases Pinkie.

Edited by Johnuva

This Day Aria<3

Can we all agree this was the best song of season 2?
The aria was impressive but the Flim Flam Brothers are still the ones to beat.The rest of the episode was great too:

The designs for the changelings were cool, the fight scene was awesome, the animation was like, woah, and Luna was in it.It's weird that Chrysalis discounted the power of love after she used it to take out Princess Celestia though. That was just silly of her.

STAY INDOORS, TWILIGHT SPARKLE.

Edited by Trypanophobia
doctor-who-premier.jpg

So we have VA's for Cadence and Chyraslis.Chrysalis was voiced by Kathleen Barr, (a.k.a. Trixie and Gali, or maybe Nokama. I forget)Cadence was voiced (and presumably sung) by Britt Mckillip. I've never heard of her, but apparently she's Sabrina the Teenage Witch?Anyway. Yeah.

Edited by Eeko
jlovfkk.jpg

So we have VA's for Cadence and Chyraslis.Chrysalis was voiced by Kathleen Barr, (a.k.a. Trixie and Gali, or maybe Nokama. I forget)Cadence was voiced (and presumably sung) by Britt Mckillip. I've never heard of her, but apparently she's Sabrina the Teenage Witch?Anyway. Yeah.

I thought that Kathleen Barr was the voice of Roodaka, but I could be wrong. Tabitha St. Germain voiced Nokama, however.

I thought that Kathleen Barr was the voice of Roodaka, but I could be wrong. Tabitha St. Germain voiced Nokama, however.

Kathleen Barr voiced Gali, Roodaka, and The Great and Powerful Trixie.Regarding the latest episode, I was greatly impressed. None of the songs were quite as memorable for me as The Smile Song or most of Rarity's musical numbers, but the episode as a whole was enjoyable and continued to show how complex the writing of the series is.

The obvious friendship message in a wedding story involving Twilight's brother would have been for Twilight to learn to accept her brother's fiancee even if they don't get along. The writers instead made a situation that seemed like it was pulled from a less serious girls' show into a fantasy adventure story. There were also lots of cute details like the inclusion of DJ PON3, Fancy Pants, etc. in the conclusion, the horseshoes tied to the back of the carriage, a cameo from Miss Smarty Pants during one of Twily's flashbacks, and of course the obscure musical reference in This Day Aria.

On another note, has anybody checked the My Little Pony project on LEGO Cuusoo? This week it got shared on that major brony site people here probably know about, so its supporters have skyrocketed. It's still not even halfway to the consideration threshold, but the original poster did add a lot of images showing the Mane 6 as well as his new design for the ponies (which has a 1x1 plate with clip on the back to attach the wings instead of a molded-on clip). It'll obviously be hard for this to become an actual product, since Hasbro and TLG aren't exactly the best of friends, but that's no reason not to give it our support and leave the business side of things to the experts!

So my brother and I were watching the episode again, and I commented that Cadence's love spell in the flashback looked more like hypnosis. My brother said that Twilight probably learned the Want it Need it spell from her, which... makes way too much sense. Definitely not the exact spell, probably a modified version but still.Also Shining Armor's protection spell reminds me so much of the shield around Canterlot in FO:E.And Sweetie Belle's dress :wub:

Actually, they're magenta. EQD did a report on the Vinyl Scratch template leaked by Studio B. They're magenta.

Not my point, but whatever. Edited by ~Allegretto~
19704_s.gif

Valenti - Where did you get your signature pic? It's awesome.Anyway...

The whole idea of Changelings is one that I found awesome. I mean, I've heard of creatures that feed off of negative emotion (e.g.: creatures that feed off of fear), and I've even heard of creatures that feed off of faith (the Minotaur from Doctor Who), but the idea of shapeshifters that consume positive feelings, specifically love, and can channel that emotion into pure magical energy is an amazing concept. I really think it's an idea that should be explored a little more in the future.The queen of the Changelings, Queen Chrysalis, portraying Cadance is an idea that worked out really well, especially when it comes to the musical number. In terms of pure evil, I think that Chrysalis is definitely the most evil of the 3 villains we've had so far (Night Mare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis)Also, who knew that just flying into a force field a whole bunch of times would cause it to shatter? *Quickly goes and boards windows to prevent any insects from ramming them*

EDIT: Nope. Chrysalis is the name of the Queen, as revealed by the animation staff.

Edited by BZCoolness

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

Is Chrysalis a fan name for the Queen of the Changelings? I don't recall hearing it in the episode.

It's been confirmed by Nayuki on [redacted].

Valenti - Where did you get your signature pic? It's awesome.

Thanks! I got it from a wiki and I modified it in Photoshop. ^_^ Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

Okay then. Thanks. I'll just have to do that, then! :)I just saw a speculation that Season 3 will begin on September 15, 2012. Thoughts?EDIT: Let me clarify myself. I saw it on one of those websites that shows you the next episode in each season to watch. I assumed it was speculation, so I labeled it as such. (I probably didn't make it any clearer)

Edited by BZCoolness

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

I cannot say this enough, but Cadance is awesome and This Day Aria is awesome!!!!! Looks the like this summer will include fanfics with:-shipping-Candance-changelings-Sherlock Sparkle and Dr. Pie-cake-shinning armor and Twilights pastSo is September early for a season premire? I have never been around for a season premire since I became a brony in late 2011

Edited by Zacax

The whole look of

Queen Chrysalis kinda reminds me of Roodaka

for some reason.

f9Qcky7.png

The whole look of

Queen Chrysalis kinda reminds me of Roodaka

for some reason.

Ditto, shinning reminds me of Jaller (I mean he is like the ponyfied version of Jaller!!!!) and regular cadance ereminss me of hahli, and on top of that, discord is a combo of Teridax, Metus and vezon Edited by Zacax

I was just saying, but now i shall turn the main six into toa!!!' thanks for the ideaHere they are!Toa TwilightKanohi: Mask of WisdomElement: Psionics, FireToa Tool: Staff of Mata NuiColors: Purple, Black, Hot PinkToa RarityKanohi: Mask of X-ray VisionElement: Psionics, IceToa Tool: Ice Hsard ShieldColors: Silver, White, PurpleToa Rainbow DashKanohi: Mask of SpeedElement: Air, Lighting, FireToa Toal: Toa Tool: Tri-katanaColors: Cyan, RainbowToa Pinkie PieKanohi: Mask of Quick TravelElement: Fire, LightingToa Tool: Nyrah Ghost BlasterColors: Pink, MagentaToa ApplejackKanohi: Mask of StrengthElement: Earth, Vegatation (The Green)Toa Tool: Protodermis AxeColors: Orange, YellowToa FluttershyKanohi: Mask of LevitationElement: Air, Vegitation (The green)Toa Tool: Flora Shield

Edited by Zacax

So, this week's finalie.I enjoyed it. Having 3 decent songs (didn't have any problem with the first one. Frankly, I found it a little moving), the newly wed couple had some excellent characterization that made me enjoy them rather quickly. THe villians were of an interesting quality, and the sequences they provided (the dual musical number, the clone fight, and even the fight with Celestia was rather epic). The whole thing about how the power of love or whatnot worked was a little wonky, but I don't have too much of a problem with the concept. The show already has "elements" that run on various virutes for the power to stop bad guys, I dunno why the virtue of love itself can't be permitted (I'm also of the crowd that's fine with how the Doctor Who episode "Closing Time" ended, so make of that what you will).Little things of note:-Twilight's on her way to becoming the Luckiest Mare in Equestria. Magical protoege, Celestia's top student, bearer of Element of Harmony, has some of the best friends a character can have, sister of Captain of the Guard and stepsister to a princess/close babysitter, etc. Nothing wrong with that, just something to note.-The main villain of the piece is more closer to NMM than Discord, and I'm fine with that. Discord is a unique villian that I don't think the writers can easily replicate with someone that has a similar variety. Though she did seem to be more cunning while in disquise, but I'm willing to accept villains getting overconfident to the point where they doubt "lesser" characters can use love to beat the villain who managed to get lucky with beating Celestia to a Priori Incantatem fight.-I'm also just glad they didn't end up using Harmony to win the day this time. Twice in a row is good, and I think if they want to use those things again, they should get a little more creative, and not just hiding them somewhere and them having the characters in a temorary state/division to make them useless.-Celestia in a cocooon made me think of the more unusual fanfic writers almost immediately for some reason.-Seems to be confirmed that Luna spends her time on the moon during daylight, explaining why she hasn't been seen often (though I guess she isn't a fan of the GGG)-How much you wanna bet Pinkie pulled DJ PON-3/Vinyl out of hammerspace, and she just went along for the ride? Though it does seem some people are losing faith in the show. I've seen several people who have been feeling the writing's falling too short for the standards established so far. Understandable, I guess. Though I do wonder if this is a sign that this insane growth that MLP fandom took is going to start taking a steady decline as this show goes on, and that people will start feeling the quality will lessen more and more. Again, a fair concern (as I hear it, even shows like Batman: The Animated Series began to roll downhill near the end of its run), though I think it's still going to be some time until even some general consenuses can be reached.As for me, it does look like they ended this season with a bang, one much stronger than the last season ending bang. Now all that's left to do is wait and see if the following years will continue to see some decent-quality entertainment.Also, I looked through the New York Times at the library on Saturday trying to catch the wedding announcement, but I missed it. Did anyone else see it in the paper?

Edited by Andrewnuva199

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.