Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

But don't forget to buy our toys first! :lol:

---

I only watched the TV edit of Rainbow Rocks, which for whatever reason cut out the credits scene and I've yet to find an upload of it (though haven't looked too hard, admittedly). Anyone care to summarize it and explain whether the excitement I've seen around it are all that justified?

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

But don't forget to buy our toys first! :lol:

---

I only watched the TV edit of Rainbow Rocks, which for whatever reason cut out the credits scene and I've yet to find an upload of it (though haven't looked too hard, admittedly). Anyone care to summarize it and explain whether the excitement I've seen around it are all that justified?

~|ET|~

It's basically a teaser for yet another movie.

[spoiler WARNING]

A human Twilight, in a lab coat and glasses, examines a board filled with notes about goings-on in Canterlot High. "No doubt about it, Spike," she remarks to her dog. "There's something strange going on at that school."

There, in white text above. Select it to see.

Does this answer your question?

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

It'll be good to have new episodes. :)

Also, I finally watched Rainbow Rocks. I must say, it entertained me throughout.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Hey everypony! Right now there's a Humble Pony Bundle available, offering $165 worth of digital My Little Pony comics for as low as $15 (though of course, it's pay-what-you-want and a portion of your choosing goes to charity, so some people have paid $50 to $100). This is easily the best deal I've seen on digital My Little Pony comics to date so I definitely recommend it!

Included so far are:

Issues 1–23 of the main series

All ten issues of the My Little Pony Micro-Series

The first ten issues of My Little Pony: Friends Forever

The first two My Little Pony Animated volumes (comic book adaptations of the TV series, with two episodes' worth of story per volume).

This will continue to be available for a little less than two weeks, and more comics will be added to the bundle next Wednesday — but as long as you pay more than the average, those new comics will automatically be made available to you as soon as they're added! So there's no need to put it off until then.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everypony! Right now there's a Humble Pony Bundle available, offering $165 worth of digital My Little Pony comics for as low as $15 (though of course, it's pay-what-you-want and a portion of your choosing goes to charity, so some people have paid $50 to $100). This is easily the best deal I've seen on digital My Little Pony comics to date so I definitely recommend it!

Included so far are:

Issues 1–23 of the main series

All ten issues of the My Little Pony Micro-Series

The first ten issues of My Little Pony: Friends Forever

The first two My Little Pony Animated volumes (comic book adaptations of the TV series, with two episodes' worth of story per volume).

This will continue to be available for a little less than two weeks, and more comics will be added to the bundle next Wednesday — but as long as you pay more than the average, those new comics will automatically be made available to you as soon as they're added! So there's no need to put it off until then.

What! Aaah, I missed it! :(

~ CHTrilogy

Doesn't matter. Hasbro can't police what people buy on their own time with their own money.

Exactly. Meghan McCarthy is a pretty big Lego fan, having shared plenty of pics of Collectible Minifigures she's gotten as well. And Mike Vogel, former VP of Hasbro Studios and an executive producer of the upcoming MLP movie, didn't split hairs about his love of The Lego Movie when it came out.

Matthew Ashton, VP of product design for Lego and lead designer for The Lego Movie sets, is a brony as well (and it even influenced the design of Unikitty) so it works both ways.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Doesn't matter. Hasbro can't police what people buy on their own time with their own money.

Exactly. Meghan McCarthy is a pretty big Lego fan, having shared plenty of pics of Collectible Minifigures she's gotten as well. And Mike Vogel, former VP of Hasbro Studios and an executive producer of the upcoming MLP movie, didn't split hairs about his love of The Lego Movie when it came out.

Matthew Ashton, VP of product design for Lego and lead designer for The Lego Movie sets, is a brony as well (and it even influenced the design of Unikitty) so it works both ways.

Unitkitty was inspired by MLP! Suddenly the similarities all make sense. 

It's time to move on.

Picked up about four or five of the first set of blind box figures(Derpy, Pinkie, Lyra, Octavia, and The Doctor), as well as the 6" Derpy figure. The black figures don't show fingerprints as readily as I thought they would,, and I'm fond enough of them that I'm planning to try and dig up a few of the second set(Discord and Rarity, and maybe Trixie and Big Mac). The 6" figure I'm also fond of, but I'm not planning on buying another any time soon only because they've yet to make a new one I'm interested in. If there's anything specific you want to know about either, let me know.

baltimore_ravens.png

Oh no. Just wondering. I only have one of the mystery minis. (That being a black daring do) Both my sister and I collect ponies. Together we have almost all of the larger six inch ponies (excluding BonBon and the clear variants). I myself own the mane six, Big Mac, Lyra, Octavia, Daring Do, Vinyl Scratch, Spitfire, and the large Discord. I do hope on getting the princesses soon. (Especially Celestia, she's my favorite Pony)

• Upvote 1

"It's got a great defense mechanism... you don't dare kill it..."

alien_isolation_6_0.jpg

I actually was planning on giving it away. :P Just a matter of figuring out if the recipient is a specific friend, or if I should have a raffle or something for it, and either way what the shipping costs would be if I don't know them in-person.

baltimore_ravens.png

Lyi and I got each other some of the mini pony collections for Christmas, so we now have a sizable collection of those. I got him the Pony Friends Forever set (Octavia, Lyrica, DJ, Pinkie, Dr. Hooves, Apple Bloom, Luna, Celestia, and Mr. & Mrs. Cake), the Soaring Pegasus set (Derpy, Thunderlane, and Rainbowfied Fluttershy), the Ponyville Newsmakers set (Snips, Snails, and Rainbowfied Pinkie), and the Pony Lesson Set (Silver Spoon, Twist, and Cheerilee). He got me the Elements of Harmony Friends set (Fluttershy, shorn-tail Rarity, Nightmare Moon, Manny Roar, and Steven Magnet), the Daring Pony Story set (Daring Do, Princess Twi, and Rainbowfied RD), and some blind bags (Sunset Shimmer, Flash Sentry, Royal Pin, Spitfire, and Cheese Sandwich).

Overall, I'm very pleased with the size, molding quality, and color quality. The only big flaws I've seen are that Princess Luna and Celestia are undersized (Princess Twi is about as tall as Luna, and Luna and Celestia's heads are puny compared to other ponies'), Spitfire has a hard time standing up, and for some reason, Silver Spoon was missing her cutie mark! Princess Twi's royal regalia feels a bit out-of-place too, since she rarely wears any of it but the crown, and even that is now a different shape than the S3 finale version worn by the toy. But I love that most of the ponies are the right size to look proportionate to modern LEGO windows and doors. I will be trying to find a way to take advantage of that...

I hope that over the next year I can try to find some of the sets we've missed that had show-accurate figures, either to purchase or trade for. Together we already have around half the miniature ponies on our current wish list!

The only big flaws I've seen are that Princess Luna and Celestia are undersized (Princess Twi is about as tall as Luna, and Luna and Celestia's heads are puny compared to other ponies'),

I received both princesses for Christmas, and I must agree with you. My hopes was for a celestia the size of the large electronic brushable one, but alas, my dreams were crushed. Her molding is superb, however and it's still a perfect representation of Tia even if she's out of scale. Plus, she's Tia, I can't NOT love her. :P

"It's got a great defense mechanism... you don't dare kill it..."

alien_isolation_6_0.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Has everybody heard the Equestria Girls news from London Toy Fair? The new tagline is "Friendship Games" and apparently it will focus on a competition between Canterlot High and a rival school including motocross, archery, and roller derby, among other things.

Edited by Aanchir

For those of you who read my first fanfiction, LEGO Equestria Girls, I have just started writing the sequel story, which you can find here:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/245599/lego-equestria-girls-2

There's not much to it at the moment, but I will continue writing, so have patience.

Sorry for double posting, but I just don't want to see this topic die. Especially considering that a lot of information was revealed over the past month regarding season 5 (for example, the 100th episode of the series will focus on the background characters), and even the third Equestria Girls movie (which will be titled "Friendship Games").

Edited by Makaru

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for double posting, but I just don't want to see this topic die. Especially considering that a lot of information was revealed over the past month regarding season 5 (for example, the 100th episode of the series will focus on the background characters), and even the third Equestria Girls movie (which will be titled "Friendship Games").

No need to double-post, Official topics are exempt from the revival rules. That said, we really should be getting this topic active again since season 5 is right around the corner.

Has a date been listed yet for the season 5 premier, or are we still in that non specific "2nd Quarter" world? And was there a reason for the delayed start?

No date's been announced besides "spring", but if I recall, most of the past seasons weren't officially announced more than a month in advance unless the information came from some other site. Rumors claim April, but it very well could be by the end of this month.

I don't think the delayed start is anything to worry about though, Hasbro's been very positive about the show in all its recent press releases and investor calls.

~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

Season 5 premiere date is officially announced for April 4th! Just one more month of hiatus to go, think we can handle it? =P

The premiere episode, avoiding all synopsis spoilers, will be a two-parter airing back-to-back starting at 11:00 am (Eastern, most likely).

In other news, I'm working on another pony song cover that I'll either post on my blog this weekend, or save for a couple weeks for my brony anniversary. I'm pretty proud of how it's turning out.

~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...