Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Me and my friend are working on a animated fan series called Bronies in Equestria. We are currently trying to get a cast together but when its together, itll be posted on....oh wait will thatk be counted as a website not to be mentioned?

Edited by Alt. D

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Yes, that's unmentionable. Consider getting rid of mentioning it now...

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

Yes, that's unmentionable. Consider getting rid of mentioning it now...

Well it'll be on there so yea

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Went to McD with some people, got ponies.They only had Rarity, Applejack, Lily Blossom, and Pinkie Pie.I got Rarity and Lily Blossom, then traded Rarity for Applejack.I was looking for Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash so it was kind of disappointing.But Applejack is pretty okay. Relatively accurate.But now I can't decide whether to cut off the head nubs or not. On the one hand, they're kinda garish, but on the other hand I don't really want to take a knife to my pony toys.WHAT DO

OpAXNpl.jpg

Went to McD with some people, got ponies.They only had Rarity, Applejack, Lily Blossom, and Pinkie Pie.I got Rarity and Lily Blossom, then traded Rarity for Applejack.I was looking for Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash so it was kind of disappointing.But Applejack is pretty okay. Relatively accurate.But now I can't decide whether to cut off the head nubs or not. On the one hand, they're kinda garish, but on the other hand I don't really want to take a knife to my pony toys.WHAT DO

Better off just leaving it there. You don't want to mutilate your little ponies.

Go get more, and then cut the little nubs off one of them, and keep it secure on the other. I'm still bummed though, they don't have them down here where I am yet. I really want to get a Rainbow Dash one.

Scootaloo,

the greatest chicken/dodo/scooter riding Pegasus ever

Anyone know how much longer they'll be at McD's for?

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Huh, it seems that Fluttershy's "assertiveness" stuck. Either that or she's been taking self-defense lessons.The plot was a little predictable: Spike proves himself to dragons, dragons bond with Spike, and Spike rejects dragons on a values issue. However, I liked the development of Rarity x Spike, I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of "Spike in an apron" fanart in the future. Also, the animation of the dragons and phoenixes was very interesting (Crackle is best dragon! :P).I do wonder what this means for Spike's letter-sending fire. The other juvenile dragons didn't seem to be surprised by it, but they also didn't indicate whether it is common or not...this merits further research. :huh: Also, it seems that Twilight's teleportation is evolving.EDIT: Did anybody spot Derpy this episode?

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

The intro made my day, and a new baby in the family! Overall awesome episode, wish there was at least a dragon who defended spike so he could at least e friends with the dragon, but I guess they wanted it to be a be who you are and not a fake episode.

Alt. D, please use spoiler tags for those who haven't watched the episode yet, like me. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Huh, it seems that Fluttershy's "assertiveness" stuck. Either that or she's been taking self-defense lessons.The plot was a little predictable: Spike proves himself to dragons, dragons bond with Spike, and Spike rejects dragons on a values issue. However, I liked the development of Rarity x Spike, I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of "Spike in an apron" fanart in the future. Also, the animation of the dragons and phoenix was very interesting (Crackle is best dragon! :P).I do wonder what this means for Spike's letter-sending fire. The other juvenile dragons didn't seem to be surprised by it, but they also didn't indicate whether it is common or not...this merits further research. :huh: Also, it seems that Twilight's teleportation is evolving.EDIT: Did anybody spot Derpy this episode?

I didn't really get a shipping feeling from them. I'm starting to think that the shipping isn't cannon.[/spoilers]

Haha, that was an awesome episode! xD

Go Rarity! "I'll tear you to shreds!"And Phoenices are awesome.Woot group teleportation!

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

That was a pretty good episode! ^_^ It was interesting seeing the rest of the world from a Dragon's point of view... seems the relations between Ponies and Dragons are still rather terrible. Spike is an exception, though. It does make me wonder... why doesn't Spike have wings? All of the other Dragons had wings of some sort... perhaps they appear after- or when- a Dragon begins to mature. And the only way for Dragons to mature (apparently) is through their greed and hoarding. I suppose they did have to make Spike a lovable character, unlike those 'teenage' Dragons. I wonder if Dragons are immortal... that would certainly be interesting, and sad in Spike's case. (Just think, living forever, seeing all of your family and friends pass on one by one... terrible. Quite the punishment, I say.)I found the Dragon costume Dash, Twi and Rarity wore absolutely hilarious, and even more so that another Dragon looked eerily similar to it. XD Also, SPIKE STUBBLE. (Even if it was fake, it was brilliant) ... and, the reuse of Cranky... I wonder what he was doing out there on the river...Hrm... I hope Spike's new buddy Phoenix is here to stay, after this episode, Phoenix's are ultimately much cooler than I previously thought they would be in the show. I'm actually surprised they showed up again, but I am glad they did.I'm glad Spike now knows exactly where he belongs. Even if his life pre-hatching is an enormous mystery, he still has his family. :') (Rarity seems to be adoring him a whole lot more than before now, so maybe SpikexRarity is actually canon. :D)All in all, another great job by the people down in DHX Media, and everyone else who makes Friendship is Magic what it is. :)

-Skar

I dunno, Rarity seems to treat him more like a son or maybe a doll with the whole cutesy-wutesy Spikey-wikey thing.Also I'm happy that the baby phoenix is prolly gonna come back in the future, but I think they could have made some effort to find the family again. As it stands it kinda looks like they just stole the egg.

19704_s.gif

I dunno, Rarity seems to treat him more like a son or maybe a doll with the whole cutesy-wutesy Spikey-wikey thing.Also I'm happy that the baby phoenix is prolly gonna come back in the future, but I think they could have made some effort to find the family again. As it stands it kinda looks like they just stole the egg.

You kidding? The nest was destroyed and the family flew off. I doubt they'd return to a hazardous area like that any time soon, and even if they did catch up to the phoenix, they'd probably be pretty protective still. I wouldn't want to get in the path of a protective set of parents that could use flare blitz and blind me, especially if I were in the possession of one of their young. Owie. O.eLoved the new episode. Yeah, it was predictable blah blah blah, but this one had a lot of heart to it (I almost wish it was a two part episode so they could develop Spike's emotions more). Plus Phoenix main character (kinda). WAHOO! (Phoenix rule. His non-canon canon name in my book is Wright just for the lolz)

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

It was a really fun episode. It was a little predictable, but its still a great story. I really felt bad for Spike in the beginning, and looking back, he didn't really get any of his questions answered, just realized they weren't that important. And as for him not having wings, even when he took everything and was really greedy he didn't have any wings, so maybe there are land dragons?

Scootaloo,

the greatest chicken/dodo/scooter riding Pegasus ever

Pretty fun little episode. It had too little Fluttershy, but that was excusable because Phienixeses. Because dang, Phoenicexecesises are cool. Almost as cool or equally as cool as dragons. I can't say I'm in love with the teen dragon designs, which mostly strike me as dull and unbalanced, but eh, the adult dragons were pretty spiffy.I really don't see Rarity/Spike as anything that could ever really happen in canon. Spike is a baby dragon. Rarity is an adult pony. Even thought he age gap is not astronomical, Spike is still just a kid. Rarity clearly sees him as a little brother and things.Also at the beginning I was just thinking "Oh look Fluttershy dragged Rainbow Dash for a nice date of butterfly gazing. They even took photos. Yay."It is at this point that I must admit I am hearting that pairing pretty hard.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

My thought processes. Over the last couple months, especially this last week:

>LOL My Little Pony fad, should pass soon>Lasting longer than usual, wonder why> May as well check it out, seems like it will be around for a while>Wow, that was stupid. I'll just watch the second episode to see what horribly cheesy ending they have for this story arc>Man, that's So Bad It's Good. Might as well watch the third episode just to get a good laugh>*is watching Dragonshy* Why am I still watching this?>*is watching Stare Master* Fluttershy is best po- holy moly, what am I saying?>*continues watching episode after episode* ShootshootshootshootshoothelpmeIcan'tstopclickingontheepisodesastheycomeupOHGOSHSOMEONEHELPME>Eagerly awaited Dragon Quest and watched MLP on TV rather than our favorite video hosting website for the first time>I think I might be a brony now

Tl;dr I've been assimilated into the herd, I tried resisting, but it was futileThoughts on DragonQuest:

Fluttershy is definitely best pony. Despite it almost being a running gag at this point, her violent windup then meekly pushing open the window got a good laugh out of me. The plot was quite predictable, but that didn't stop it from being quite enjoyable. It was interesting to get an inside look at dragon society. The dragon-teens were quite funny, especially Crackle. I'm interested in seeing if Peewee becomes a mane cast member or is just a one- or two-shot supporting character. Spike's line at the end was certainly a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming for me.

It is at this point that I must admit I am hearting that pairing pretty hard.

Truth.

Tl;dr I've been assimilated into the herd, I tried resisting, but it was futile

It always is. :P

f9Qcky7.png

... augh. To be strictly, and completely, and unrestrainably(what?) honest... I don't like gay shipping. Even if it will never be in the actual story, I still facepalm when I see it. This actually goes for a lot of shipping for me.. in fact, I'd just like to keep romance as a whole out of the show, and especially out of my headcanon. *Shrugs* Most of the fandom doesn't seem to mind it. Oh well, I do. inb4nambypambythat'slikeyouropinionbroposts-Skar

Most of the fandom doesn't seem to mind it because most of the fandom is cool. [/tool](Actually the opposite of the above statement, is what is true. The being cool part that is.) A lot of people are opposed to shipping, which is fine, because most shipping is stupid. Then there's FlutterDash, and whoah, that makes sense. So, whatever really. It really is just your opinion bro, and what anyone wants to think about romance is up to oneself. That said, MLP is one thing for which I advocate homosexual shipping somewhat strongly, if for no other reason (Beyond the common) that almost literally all the interesting characters are girls.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

You kidding? The nest was destroyed and the family flew off. I doubt they'd return to a hazardous area like that any time soon, and even if they did catch up to the phoenix, they'd probably be pretty protective still. I wouldn't want to get in the path of a protective set of parents that could use flare blitz and blind me, especially if I were in the possession of one of their young. Owie. O.eLoved the new episode. Yeah, it was predictable blah blah blah, but this one had a lot of heart to it (I almost wish it was a two part episode so they could develop Spike's emotions more). Plus Phoenix main character (kinda). WAHOO! (Phoenix rule. His non-canon canon name in my book is Wright just for the lolz)

Well, I mean they could have mentioned something about that, but I see your point. I've been exhausted the past few days and I'm probably not thinking clearly. ><

19704_s.gif

Most of the fandom doesn't seem to mind it because most of the fandom is cool. [/tool](Actually the opposite of the above statement, is what is true. The being cool part that is.) A lot of people are opposed to shipping, which is fine, because most shipping is stupid. Then there's FlutterDash, and whoah, that makes sense. So, whatever really. It really is just your opinion bro, and what anyone wants to think about romance is up to oneself. That said, MLP is one thing for which I advocate homosexual shipping somewhat strongly, if for no other reason (Beyond the common) that almost literally all the interesting characters are girls.

I think FlutterDash is kind of an "opposites attract" thing. I have no problem with gay shipping. This is what love and tolerance is about, people.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!