Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Well, it'll probably be on the internet in 1080p before the end of the day. :PJust make sure to stay away from here until then, lol. Spoiler tags exist, but sometimes they can be too tempting...
I won't be able to se it till Monday. D: I'll let myself be spoiled! XD

I've been active at another forum for a few years now, and they also have a "My Little Pony" topic, so I'm already quite familiar with this craze. Regardless, I decided to read through this entire topic just to see if there was anything said here that was never mentioned on that other place. (I had no idea the guy who voiced Jaller also voiced someone on this show. :o )By the way, I do not consider myself a "brony" because I'm pretty sure one of the requirements is to actually watch this show, and I have not yet seen a single episode. (Not for lack of enthusiasm, but that I haven't been able to reliably find enough time to do so. I'm hoping that'll change after New Year's, so we'll see in two months. :unsure: )Still, I haven't let that stop me from seeking out some good fanfiction of MLP:FiM. Since we're all Bionicle fans here, (if you're not, then why are you here?) I decided to look for those MLP fanfics that were crossed over with Bionicle, and I did find a few. (I'm not sure if we're allowed to specifically name sites, so I'll be on the safe side and simply hint at where to find them.) I found two such crossovers on the standard fanfiction site: My Little Toa: Friendship is Destiny (Mata Nui lands in Equestria instead of on Bara Magna), and My Little Bionicle: Destiny is Magic (A ponyfied version of the 2001 Bionicle storyline). They're both fine in their own way, and they both seem to still have a long way to go, but if I had to recommend one over the other, I'd go with the first. (I really like the concept of Mata Nui ending up somewhere else.) On the FiM fanfiction site, I've managed to find only one so far: Trixie Encounters a Bio-Mechanical Life Form (Vezon briefly visits Equestria and has a conversation with Trixie). If you want a good laugh from a short story, I'd highly recommend that one.I have a feeling there may be more such fanfics on that second site, but I haven't found them yet. I'll let you know if I find any more.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Oh my gosh guys.MoonstuckIsFinished.Those reading it knew the end was coming, but it's still astonishing to see such a big project wrapped up for good.In other news, I'm going to be attending a meetup at Boston College for the Season 3 premiere next week. Here's hoping it's AWESOME.

So, what do you guys think about FiM ending with season 3, and us getting G5 pretty soon?
I doubt Hasbro will be ending this gen anytime soon. From what I can tell the popularity of the show isn't limited to the new brony fanbase, and the toys are selling well to boot. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if, when they do eventually decide to change things up, they may change the cast and perhaps even the toyline but will frame the new story as a continuation or expansion of the same universe they've established in G4.A possibly more relevant question concerns the possibility of a movie. This season's going to be shorter for some reason, and a movie would be the kind of thing that would take priority for the largest portion of the show's staff.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

If there's going to be a G5 any time soon, I hope it'll be at least as good as FiM.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So has anyone seen that "Brony Thank You Fund" ad yet? It's online now and has aired on the Hub (and will continue to do so up through the premiere). I think it's pretty sweet, myself. And moreover, I think it'll be valuable for kids to see it and recognize that things like MLP:FiM aren't things they'll necessarily have to "outgrow". Just the awareness that there are successful adults who share your interests is a good feeling, and definitely helped me eliminate any shame I might have felt about liking Lego throughout my childhood. Hopefully it can do so with ponies as well.

I just thought, what if every time the Mane Six use the Elements of Harmony, they wipe the memories of everyone except themselves, Luna, and Celestia, and that's why no one recognizes them as national heroes?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I just thought, what if every time the Mane Six use the Elements of Harmony, they wipe the memories of everyone except themselves, Luna, and Celestia, and that's why no one recognizes them as national heroes?
Or maybe they just don't flaunt it. It's not like all real-life heroes get all that much special attention, especially if they live in a small town like Ponyville has been established to be. I doubt the Mane Six ask for any sort of special treatment after all.

Or maybe they just don't flaunt it. It's not like all real-life heroes get all that much special attention, especially if they live in a small town like Ponyville has been established to be. I doubt the Mane Six ask for any sort of special treatment after all.
I was thinking of the scene in "Green Isn't Your Color," when two Ponyvilleans claim to have "never heard of" Rarity.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I was thinking of the scene in "Green Isn't Your Color," when two Ponyvilleans claim to have "never heard of" Rarity.
There does exist people who don't realize that the Titanic sinking was an actual event in history, and if I can trust one video I saw once, people who can't remember the exact date of the September 11, 2001 attacks. So there is the potential for such ignorance there.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

Oh my gosh everypony.The new My Little Pony game for iOS is excellent. It's a lot like LEGO Battles. Only without the battles. Or the LEGO. And with much better graphics. OK, perhaps this wasn't the most apt comparison.There are microtransactions, but I don't plan on making use of them. Certainly it's possible to advance in the game without them; from what I've experienced it just means you have to wait longer for buildings to be constructed and other jobs to be completed.Also the Ponyville in this game reminds me of Zoombiniville, and anything that reminds me of Logical Journey of the Zoombinis is definitely a good thing. I'm talking to you, Seymour Eyeclop (no, Seymour is not in this game, but he is still best Zoombini pony).Meanwhile, we have confirmation of BonBon's name, along with the names of several other minor ponies like Rarity's dad (Magnum) and the Big Lebowski shout-out ponies from "The Cutie Pox". Also lots of excellent voice acting, great music, and enjoyable minigames (though it may be a while before I'm any good at them). Fun times.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Well, the premiere was pretty dang great! Watched the livestream at my friend Shiropoint's place.Heavy spoilers abound:

Ooh man, I loved that whole Celestia casting dark magic bit.And the reveal of the hidden staircase.Hay, that entire sequence was amazing. Gravity hurts.Everypony was being theire great old selves. <3Shining Armor literally throwing Cadance at Sombra to save Spike was great.And yay, Luna with her mystery book. Moonstuck? Fallout Equestria?Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy jousting!Songs!And was anypony else flashing back to the Lion King when the Mane 6 were walking out of Canterlot and Flutters, Pinks, RD,Spike, AJ and Rarity were singing to Twilight?I was half expecting Hakuna Matata there.Agreeing with Allegretto in that they could've done more with King Sombra.Although... How he was portrayed in the episodes made me think of good ol' Makuta Teridax as I had always imagined him to be: A sentient and ultimately evil force of nature.

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Please, please tell me I wasn't the only one who got some real Pokemon the Third Movie vibes from Sombra creating all the crystal spikes that would burst from the ground. And then Spike hopped across them all which just made the resemblance even more uncanny.Anyway, yeah that was a pretty cool episode. More testament to just how useless Celestia and Luna are but I guess that's par for the course. They sure burst into song a lot. I liked them though that still didn't stop me groaning as soon as I saw another one coming. And did anyone else think Rainbow Dash was acting particularly even more antagonistic than usual. She was rather aggressive towards Fluttershy in that hilarious jousting scene.No, don't get me wrong it was a good episode. I just have a habit of picking out criticisms. One thing I am glad about is that it proved how I STILL can't take Shining Armour seriously for having Jaller's voice.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

King Sombra did remind me of Makuta.Also anyone catch at the beginning, Celestia and Luna were talking about how Twilight would be ready for something.

Maybe She's the "chosen one" of something. Maybe she's gonna take over for Celestia?

That's what it's starting to look like. Between the season summary of Twilight advancing in her magical studies and leaked pictures of winged Twilight Sparkle graphics and plushes, it seems Twilight may be, if not replacing Celestia and Luna, shaping up to rule alongside them. And I'm okay with that. Between this and the inherent implications of an episode entitled "Wonderbolts Academy", I expect this season may feature many of the ponies achieving long-term goals, and it's a refreshing change from how much of past seasons has maintained a sort of status quo.

Regarding this episode in particular:

One aspect of it I loved was the amount of echoes and parallels between characters. Twilight's reaction to the library was almost word-for-word Rarity's reaction to the Crystal Empire as a whole. When she told Spike to take the Crystal Heart, her lines echoed the way Celestia laid out her own mission. And although it was unseen, Spike's reaction to the enchanted door was almost identical to Twilight's: both imagined they were being rejected by someone they looked up to (Celestia for Twilight, Twilight for Spike).King Sombra was underdeveloped as a villain, but there wouldn't have been much time for developing him further. You could write a whole epic-length fanfiction detailing his cunning rise to power and his subsequent rule (and I'm sure some fan's already working on such a thing). But by the time of the episode he's transcended his physical form and become little more than a manifestation of evil, like Sauron in Lord of the Rings.When I first found out they'd be in the episode, I was hoping for more character development for Cadance and Shining Armor, so the lack of that disappointed me somewhat.And... that's about it. Apart from those points, the story and characterization were generally strong and the jokes were generally hilarious. If the rest of the season is the same or better, I won't be a bit disappointed.

I did see the picture of Twilight with wings, though I was not sure if that was a fan thing or a legitimate leak. As for the "usefulness" of Luna and Celestia, they kind of have to be background characters more so then anything else. If you have a god-like "poofing" all your problems away, then you have no story. Also, do you have to be born an Alicorn or is there some sort of ritual to become one?Oh and those episodes were great, I like the sweet moment Spike and Twilight had when the former was exposed to the nightmare door.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.