• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Official My Little Pony topic

My Little Pony Ponies What is this I dont even

• Please log in to reply
7546 replies to this topic

#6641 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 10 2012 - 08:01 PM

Gak is a type of putty and there were a LOT of commercials about it before, during and after the premiere episodes. :P

~Everypony wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

~My Little Pony~ ~Mass Effect~

#6642 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • DJ Kumo

• 5,926 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 10 2012 - 08:47 PM

I liked these episodes. They weren't mind-blowing, but they were good. They were premieres, after all, not finales.And of course it means that more is soon to come, so woo!

but suddenly, I feel the shining sun

digitallove.jpg

before I knew it, this dream was all gone

#6643 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 10 2012 - 09:27 PM

The songs seemed really forced to me.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#6644 Offline kalhiki

kalhiki
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,345 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 10 2012 - 09:57 PM

I'm sad to say I'm not impressed with the opener. I feel the baddie was wasted mainly because he didn't really do anything. But maybe I was expecting too much due to what we got for Season 2's opener and finale. And there was no real... I don't know... hook? I wasn't really drawn into the story all that much. I still like MLP, but this just wasn't that great.Also, what was up with the book at the end with Celestia and Luna?Kalhiki
Posted Image
You're Doomed, Rayman!
Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!
(that's sarcasm, by the way)

#6645 Offline ~Allegretto~

~Allegretto~
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,350 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 12:07 AM

Gak is a type of putty and there were a LOT of commercials about it before, during and after the premiere episodes. :P

GAKGAKGAK GAKGAKGAKGAKGAKG-*shot*

The songs seemed really forced to me.

I have to agree, they were kinda... ehh.

Posted Image

#6646 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 12:39 AM

I've watched the first 20 minutes... The ponies seem.... Different. Except AJ. She's normal.

#6647 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,484 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 01:01 AM

I agree that the songs, while good, seemed a little forced.Compared to Nightmare Moon, Discord, and Queen Chrysalis, I'd have to agree that Sombra was heavily underused. I could see him making a comeback, though, especially since his horn was shot off into the distance rather than destroyed. Maybe he'll return in the speculated MLP movie.Unlike the Season 2 finale, I like how this opener gave the other ponies more screentime. Particularly Fluttershy, my favorite pony. Jousting has never been so cute.I think one of the most gripping parts was the Door of Fear (my own fan name, pass it on). In a way, it helps shed a little more light on who King Sombra is, commanding that sort of power. And just the shock value of Celestia abandoning Twilight.

"What kind of pedophile would hang out on BZP? The only people left on here are

nostalgic 18-year-olds. He'd be the laughingstock of the pedophile community."

-Me to my mom

makusdiary.png

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

#6648 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 03:52 AM

Finally saw it all. The last song surprised me. :PThe episode was okay. I wanted better though xDThat book though... What does it mean?And when's the next episode?

#6649 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,696 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 09:39 AM

I agree that the songs, while good, seemed a little forced.Compared to Nightmare Moon, Discord, and Queen Chrysalis, I'd have to agree that Sombra was heavily underused. I could see him making a comeback, though, especially since his horn was shot off into the distance rather than destroyed. Maybe he'll return in the speculated MLP movie.Unlike the Season 2 finale, I like how this opener gave the other ponies more screentime. Particularly Fluttershy, my favorite pony. Jousting has never been so cute.I think one of the most gripping parts was the Door of Fear (my own fan name, pass it on). In a way, it helps shed a little more light on who King Sombra is, commanding that sort of power. And just the shock value of Celestia abandoning Twilight.

Spoiler

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#6650 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 07:41 PM

I'm going to have to rewatch it without GAK commercial breaks.

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

#6651 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,484 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 10:11 PM

Hey, has anypony else every thought that Pinkie Pie might be the Cakes' niece?

-Me to my mom

makusdiary.png

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

#6652 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 10:12 PM

Never thought about it, but it makes sense.

#6653 Offline High Voltage

High Voltage
  • Members
  • Toa

• 151 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 12:44 AM

Hey guys I'm back, did I miss anything importa- Oh c'mon!

Edited by High Voltage, Nov 12 2012 - 01:05 AM.

Blah blah signature blah.  With italic to make it look fancy.

#6654 Offline Takaru 1111

Takaru 1111
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 328 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 12:54 AM

Hmm, sounds plausible enough. Maybe Mrs. Pie is Mrs. Cake's sister, or something like that. I donno.Also, is it just me, or have rules against cursing slipped?

lethalbanner.png

click.

#6655 Offline Vorahk1Panrahk2

Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,890 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 01:34 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2, Nov 12 2012 - 01:35 AM.

kellssunset.jpg

BZPRPG Profiles

#6656 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,696 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 07:35 AM

I'm going to have to rewatch it without GAK commercial breaks.

I rewatched the episodes last night, and considered watching them with the commercial breaks this time, since the first time I watched it I missed out on the Gaksplosion. But since it was already late, I decided it would be easier to buffer a 45 minute video than an hour-long video.

#6657 Offline High Voltage

High Voltage
  • Members
  • Toa

• 151 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 11:08 AM

I'm just kind of annoyed that I missed the runtime an entire meme in the one day I was gone.

Edited by High Voltage, Nov 12 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#6658 Offline dotcom

dotcom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,814 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 12:40 PM

I don't know why, but nothing in this episode interested me.Also, the first song sounded nothing like Twilight.It was okay, but as far as how much it managed to get my attention, it failed on all fronts.

drossel4.png

#6659 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 11:05 PM

New pony episode Saturday! Yay!And why has the topic been so dead?

#6660 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 05:33 AM

Because ponies are old hat.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#6661 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 07:56 AM

There isn't a lot of news, I guess?I dunno about you guys, but I'm preparing myself for tomorrow's Fourth wall annihilation.

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#6662 Offline High Voltage

High Voltage
  • Members
  • Toa

• 151 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 10:25 AM

Yeah, I haven't been commenting because I've been reinforcing my fourth wall for the past week. Should be worth it.

#6663 Offline Keizah the Kaleidoscope

Keizah the Kaleidoscope
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 504 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 12:15 PM

Frankly, the kooky old librarian made the episode for me. Seriously, it's a lot of fun to hear a character give an exposition heavy rant, then suddenly go ADD for some funnel cake. :PI'll have to disagree with most of you about the lack of characterization King Sombra received. I think that our fandom tends to be overly focused on the villains, partially because the previous villains have received an exceptional amount of development (Discord, Chrysalis, etc.). When pictures of King Sombra got leaked, I think a lot of us expected him to be another Discord or another Chrysalis. However, this episode wasn't about Sombra; it was about Twilight's development as a student, with a steaming sidedish of world building. For better or worse, Sombra was never intended to have the same kind of presence as previous villains, so it feels a little silly to rant about what he wasn't. ^_^

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope, Nov 16 2012 - 12:18 PM.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

#6664 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 12:29 PM

I must admit, I have been spoiled by the previous villains. :)

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#6665 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,696 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 01:53 PM

Frankly, the kooky old librarian made the episode for me. Seriously, it's a lot of fun to hear a character give an exposition heavy rant, then suddenly go ADD for some funnel cake. :PI'll have to disagree with most of you about the lack of characterization King Sombra received. I think that our fandom tends to be overly focused on the villains, partially because the previous villains have received an exceptional amount of development (Discord, Chrysalis, etc.). When pictures of King Sombra got leaked, I think a lot of us expected him to be another Discord or another Chrysalis. However, this episode wasn't about Sombra; it was about Twilight's development as a student, with a steaming sidedish of world building. For better or worse, Sombra was never intended to have the same kind of presence as previous villains, so it feels a little silly to rant about what he wasn't. ^_^

I agree. I think there's room for more generically evil characters like Sombra in addition to buckets of personality like Discord. And I appreciate how much emphasis the episode placed on Twilight's relationships with both Celestia and Spike, and fear that a more developed Sombra would only have distracted from that.

#6666 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 11:23 PM

A Pinkie Pie episode tomorrow.Needs more Rarity.But, I'm just glad to have ponies. :P Too bad S3 is so short. :/

#6667 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,696 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 12:27 PM

I think that latest episode was okay, but far from the best.
Spoiler

#6668 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • DJ Kumo

• 5,926 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 12:47 PM

I think that latest episode was okay, but far from the best.

Spoiler

Spoiler

but suddenly, I feel the shining sun

digitallove.jpg

before I knew it, this dream was all gone

#6669 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 02:22 PM

It was a fun episode to me and it sure as hay made me feel better. ^^
Spoiler

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#6670 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 02:23 PM

Dat face.I didn't really like this episode. Is it just me, or have the past few episodes(going back to season 2 and not counting the wedding), not been all that good?

Edited by Rarity, Nov 17 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#6671 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,696 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 02:39 PM

Dat face.I didn't really like this episode. Is it just me, or have the past few episodes(going back to season 2 and not counting the wedding), not been all that good?

Definitely just you. Ponyville Confidential came directly before the wedding, and it was my favorite episode of the last season. And I thought the premiere last week was pretty good, too.

#6672 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,867 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 02:45 PM

It was a fun episode to me and it sure as hay made me feel better. ^^

Spoiler

Probably not. While writers are certainly aware of fanon by this point, I'm fairly certain that they are prohibited from reading fan fiction for legal reasons, as is the case with most writers.It's almost laughable how often the argument "OMG brony reference!" is thrown about. Last season Rainbow Dash got a pet tortoise and broke her wing. Fluttershy dressed up as a tree. Princess Luna was awkward in social situations. Overall, most of these things are jokes that came naturally to the fans and writers alike. Fast character should have a REALLY SLOW PET. Athlete character getting an injury would be an interesting plotline. Didn't we make a joke about Fluttershy being a tree back in Season One? Luna's been away for a thousand years; let's have an episode in which she tries to adjust! I honestly don't see how "let's force the fun-loving character to do something infamously boring!" or "horses don't actually have hands, but think how silly it would be if they did!" are any less obvious to the writers than they are to the fans, especially since many of the writers are fans themselves.The sad thing is that I doubt these accusations will go away any time soon... but ah, well. It's a part of every fandom, I suppose.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#6673 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 02:54 PM

I know about writers and fanfiction. It's just fun to speculate. :P

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#6674 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 03:03 PM

Definitely just you. Ponyville Confidential came directly before the wedding, and it was my favorite episode of the last season. And I thought the premiere last week was pretty good, too.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that episode. Loved it.What's everyone's least favorite episode?

#6675 Offline Keizah the Kaleidoscope

Keizah the Kaleidoscope
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 504 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 08:34 PM

So apparently having ADHD merits capital punishment in Equestria. Good to know. :confused:Jokes aside, I was a little disturbed by how Twilight simply zapped away the clones. While one can argue that they weren't true clones based on their single-minded pursuit of fun, inability to recall Pinkie's memories, and lack of consideration for the consequences of their actions, it still seems to me that it would qualify as taking a life. Yes, I know Twilight described her spell as "sending them back into the mirror", but visually it looked more like it was deconstructing them and dumping the raw magic used to create them back into the pool.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope, Nov 17 2012 - 08:38 PM.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

#6676 Offline The Lord Of Wednesday

The Lord Of Wednesday
  • Members
  • Toa

• 106 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 11:01 PM

So apparently having ADHD merits capital punishment in Equestria. Good to know. :confused:Jokes aside, I was a little disturbed by how Twilight simply zapped away the clones. While one can argue that they weren't true clones based on their single-minded pursuit of fun, inability to recall Pinkie's memories, and lack of consideration for the consequences of their actions, it still seems to me that it would qualify as taking a life. Yes, I know Twilight described her spell as "sending them back into the mirror", but visually it looked more like it was deconstructing them and dumping the raw magic used to create them back into the pool.

Now imagine what it would have been like if the real one was sent away.

Edited by Samhain, Nov 17 2012 - 11:01 PM.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

#6677 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 11:12 PM

How do we know for sure the real one wasn't sent away?And yes, Twilight's slaying of them was disturbing to me.

#6678 Offline Kung Fu Pyro

Kung Fu Pyro
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 565 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 11:23 PM

Okay, is it just me, or did this episode venture way too far into the feels? Seeing Pinkie Pie so depressed and down like that nearly broke my heart. But then again, that might just be me.

sigpart1.pngsigpart2.pngsigpart3.pngsigpart4.png

#6679 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,484 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 11:54 PM

I love how all of Ponyville goes straight to Twilight to solve their problems.I like how, as I interpret it, it was left unsaid if the depressed Pinkie Pie (I nicknamed her Mopey Pie) was real or a duplicate. Very deep when you think about it. The whole thing reminds me of the Clone Army from Star Wars.

-Me to my mom

makusdiary.png

#6680 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 12:27 AM

The Pinkie clones were just as real as my reflection in a mirror. Just because they manifested physically doesn't mean they were alive.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users