• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Official My Little Pony topic

My Little Pony Ponies What is this I dont even

• Please log in to reply
7520 replies to this topic

#6961 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • DJ Kumo

• 5,907 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 01:15 PM

Spoiler

stand still, pause clocks

we_can_make_the_world_stop.jpg

We Can Make The World Stop

#6962 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 8,007 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 01:55 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#6963 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'm cool with it.

~Everypony wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

~My Little Pony~ ~Mass Effect~

#6964 Offline Takaru 1111

Takaru 1111
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 328 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 03:33 PM

I don't like it, but I'll wait and see if they mess it up or not..

Only time will tell.

lethalbanner.png

click.

#6965 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,737 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 03:35 PM

Spoiler

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#6966 Offline Coob

Coob
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 424 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 03:36 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Coob, Jan 29 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#6967 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 04:16 PM

Spoiler

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

#6968 Offline Keizah the Kaleidoscope

Keizah the Kaleidoscope
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 504 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 06:19 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope, Jan 29 2013 - 06:23 PM.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

#6969 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,737 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 06:53 PM

Spoiler
Spoiler

#6970 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 10:08 PM

This news excites me! :DSeriously, was I the only one who wanted this to happen?

#6971 Offline The Manga Maniac Named Zac

The Manga Maniac Named Zac
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,376 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 10:09 PM

I've wanted Twilacorn to happen,

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

mega_man_reboot_gif___600x300___by_zacax

"Humans and robots living together in harmony and equality. That, was my ultimate wish,"-Dr.. Thomas Light

#6972 Offline Grimdark Pony

Grimdark Pony
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 5 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 10:14 PM

I was seriously looking forward to Twilacorn. I absolutely love this Idea, and I think that is is what Celestia and Luna were talking about at the beginning of S3, E1.

Has anyone besides me seen the .Mov series by Hotdiggedydemon?

#6973 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 10:35 PM

We don't talk about that series. :pAnyone else think the change is gonna be permanent?

#6974 Offline The Manga Maniac Named Zac

• Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,376 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 29 2013 - 10:51 PM

I dunno,
Spoiler

Edited by Mega Man ZETA, Jan 29 2013 - 10:52 PM.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

"Humans and robots living together in harmony and equality. That, was my ultimate wish,"-Dr.. Thomas Light

#6975 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 01:23 AM

Spoiler

#6976 Offline The Manga Maniac Named Zac

• Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,376 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 08:22 AM

Spoiler
Anyway for those who are ticked off about this, the writers wouldn't be doing this unless they had their reasons and a plan for this episode, I mean we got Discord back and that was awesome, I'm sure the writers will have some catch to this so keep calm and flutter on.

#6977 Online Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,640 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 08:32 AM

Glad to see the response here on BZP has so far been more reasoned than many of the responses elsewhere on the 'net.

Spoiler

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#6978 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,737 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 10:49 AM

We don't talk about that series. :PAnyone else think the change is gonna be permanent?
Definitely. As a lot of people say, a big benefit from this will come in the form of toy sales, and if it were just temporary it would stop being a really effective selling point very promptly (unless said character could magically shift between forms, henshin hero style).I am so peeved that the writers would write storylines like this just to sell toys, though. I mean, seriously-- having Twilight "magically" give Rarity butterfly wings? Next thing you know they're going to be putting a train in the show, or having the ponies go to Canterlot Castle so they can make it into some type of frilly playset, or having two characters get married for a wedding playset, or making crystal ponies canon. Clearly the show has jumped the shark, as the creators have sacrificed their artistic integrity by bowing to Hasbro's money-grubbing whims. And here I was thinking they could at least make it through Season One without the series being RUINED FOREVER. {/sarcasm}

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time, Jan 30 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#6979 Offline Coob

Coob
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 424 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 11:17 AM

I am actually rather impressed with the show's staff's ability to turn Hasbro's orders about product placement into really awesome stuff.

Edited by Coob, Jan 30 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#6980 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 12:54 PM

Wait... MLP IS A TOYLINE???I actually didn't even think as some of the stuff as ways to sell more toys. Guess that means they have good writers. :P

#6981 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,737 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 02:18 PM

Wait... MLP IS A TOYLINE???I actually didn't even think as some of the stuff as ways to sell more toys. Guess that means they have good writers. :P
It's one of those things that's easy to lose sight of, given that the show stands so much better on its own than the toys tend to. It's very different than, say, Ninjago, Hero Factory, or BIONICLE, where the toys are arguably as good as or better than the tie-in media.In both cases, the media exists to sell the toys, but one key difference is that in the case of MLP:FiM, the show doesn't follow the toyline nearly as strictly. Rather, the show sells the CONCEPT, and the concept causes even toys of minor characters or background characters to sell better to kids who become interested in collecting My Little Pony in general, not just a few key characters.Really, there are advantages and disadvantages to merchandise-driven shows. Incorporating new toy concepts into the show can be a challenge, but the writers of MLP:FiM are very good at turning challenges into storytelling opportunities. Meanwhile, the toy side of MLP: FiM owes so much of its success to the success of the show that they don't put ridiculous constraints on the writers of the show. Rather, they request that the writers incorporate a number of toy concepts into the show, and the writers work those in where they fit best.The only places I can imagine Hasbro having very definite expectations of the writers are things that they plan to structure an entire toyline around: for instance, the the Friendship Express, the Pony Royal Wedding line, the Crystal Empire line, and now the Princess Coronation line. Even those, though, are just a framework for the writers to work with-- the wedding episode could have been written a lot of different ways, for instance, but the writers happened to decide on a Disney-esque story of good versus evil.

#6982 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 10:30 PM

I'm sure they'll make it work.

Edit: Apparently, USAopoly, makers of the famed Klingon Monopoly, are going to release My Little Pony Monopoly in July.

I am freaking excited.

Edited by Valenti, Jan 31 2013 - 08:16 PM.

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#6983 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 10:10 PM

I'd be excited if I played board games. :PSo the days have finally come... Hasbro seems to have removed A LOT of episodes recently, and I can't find any uploads of some episodes on that site. ;_;

#6984 Offline Coob

Coob
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 424 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 05:48 AM

Spoiler

#6985 Offline Andrewnuva199

Andrewnuva199
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,887 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hey guys, remember this?
hey guys FLUTTERSHY PLUSHIEremember this?And also Vinyl Scratch.but FLUTTERSHY PLUSHIES oh goodness yes
Look closely at that pic. According to KYM, some of the Twilight plushes have WINGS.I can't believe we all missed that.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

#6986 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,737 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 06:43 AM

Hey guys, remember this?

hey guys FLUTTERSHY PLUSHIEremember this?And also Vinyl Scratch.but FLUTTERSHY PLUSHIES oh goodness yes

Look closely at that pic. According to KYM, some of the Twilight plushes have WINGS.I can't believe we all missed that.

On a side note related to the noodle-hair plushies, one of the ones seen at the Nuremberg Toy Fair was none other than THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRRRRRIXIE.And yep, the winged Twilight plushies were indeed spotted in that pic. There were actually a fair amount of winged Twilight hints popping up from time to time, which makes it a bit of a surprise that so many people didn't get used to the idea sooner.

#6987 Offline Brickeens

Brickeens
  • Premier Member
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 5,992 posts

Posted Feb 08 2013 - 09:33 AM

[color=#996633;]
Spoiler
[/color]

Posted Image

#6988 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 08 2013 - 05:42 PM

GUYS! New announcements today!
Spoiler

#6989 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 08 2013 - 09:41 PM

Well, Fighting is Magic finally got hit with a Cease and Desist. :/

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#6990 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 08 2013 - 11:04 PM

Saw that. I'm not surprised it happened.

#6991 Offline Andrewnuva199

Andrewnuva199
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,887 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 08 2013 - 11:24 PM

GUYS! New announcements today!
Spoiler
*Takes off glasses* Crikey!
Spoiler

Edited by Andrewnuva199, Feb 08 2013 - 11:24 PM.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

#6992 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Feb 08 2013 - 11:27 PM

Fighting is Magic being destroyed isn't surprising, but it's tragic. Completely tragic.

Nearly boycott levels of tragedy.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#6993 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 02:00 AM

Well a week till all heck breaks loose.I don't remember the fandom ever freaking out this negatively about the show.

#6994 Online Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,640 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 07:50 AM

Fighting is Magic being destroyed isn't surprising, but it's tragic. Completely tragic.

The problem with it isn't that it was shut down, so much as when it was shut down. Hasbro has typically been lax about fan works in the past, and only recently are they starting to crack down on things. And in the case of things like YouTube videos? That's more or less okay. They were typically up for long enough for plenty of people to see them, and Hasbro has every right to stop being so lenient whenever they like. Fighting is Magic is a different story. With that, they are eliminating something that has taken months of effort from numerous individuals before anyone even has a chance to enjoy it. I suppose the main thing that prompted the cease-and-desist letter was how big the project was getting; unlike many fan-games, Fighting is Magic was getting a lot of attention even from non-Bronies, and the root concept was indeed somewhat at odds with the show's message. Still, it's depressing that something like this could be allowed to go on for so long, and then be instantly shuttered. Hasbro had better get their house in order, and be more clear and consistent about this kind of thing in the future.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#6995 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,737 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 07:58 AM

Well a week till all heck breaks loose.I don't remember the fandom ever freaking out this negatively about the show.
I do. There was a similar outcry from many fans when Princess Cadance was announced, because to some the fact that more than two alicorns can exist and don't have to be treated with godlike authority cheapens the role of alicorns in their own headcanon.What bothers me is that a lot of people have treated this as "destroying Lauren Faust's vision for the show", ignoring the fact that this may have in fact been planned from early on. In BIONICLE there was a similar reaction to Mata Nui being revealed to be a giant robot-- to many, this was symptomatic of the radical changes the story had undergone since 2001, never mind that this was the underlying basis of the entire saga from the very beginning. Naturally I'm not going to assume that Lauren Faust had this change in mind from the start, but I also think it's completely unfair of people to treat this as a transgression against her without any consideration for how she actually feels (or worse, treat it as a transgression against the fans and blaming her for her decision to leave the show in very capable hands).Overall, I think when the episode airs, a lot of people who were on the fence about it may decide that they like the change after all. But much like the Royal Wedding, a lot of people who are against the idea will still consider it a bad move and perhaps even an excuse to leave the fandom. But that's life. No show can keep all its fans engaged forever unless it is repetitive by design and has too short a lifespan to need any kind of change between starting and finishing.

#6996 Offline Kung Fu Pyro

Kung Fu Pyro
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 557 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 09:13 AM

Personally, I'm here for the writing, not what the characters look like. As long as this is well written, I could care lessAlso, how the heck did we not catch the 'He's a giant robot!' line in MoL?

sigpart1.pngsigpart2.pngsigpart3.pngsigpart4.png

#6997 Offline Keizah the Kaleidoscope

Keizah the Kaleidoscope
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 504 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 10:25 AM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=#006400;]It's a tad ironic, isn't it?  Mane 6 was extremely upset about the leaked beta, but now its the only version of the game that actually got released.  I guess that's a good question though: will Mane 6 be legally liable if they "accidentally" leak the finished version of the game?  On the other hand, they probably won't be able to finish it anyway without Elosande or Prominence....[/color][/font]

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

#6998 Offline Takuma Nuva

Takuma Nuva
  • Premier Member
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,087 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 01:16 PM

The problem with it isn't that it was shut down, so much as when it was shut down. Hasbro has typically been lax about fan works in the past, and only recently are they starting to crack down on things. And in the case of things like YouTube videos? That's more or less okay. They were typically up for long enough for plenty of people to see them, and Hasbro has every right to stop being so lenient whenever they like. Fighting is Magic is a different story. With that, they are eliminating something that has taken months of effort from numerous individuals before anyone even has a chance to enjoy it. I suppose the main thing that prompted the cease-and-desist letter was how big the project was getting; unlike many fan-games, Fighting is Magic was getting a lot of attention even from non-Bronies, and the root concept was indeed somewhat at odds with the show's message. Still, it's depressing that something like this could be allowed to go on for so long, and then be instantly shuttered. Hasbro had better get their house in order, and be more clear and consistent about this kind of thing in the future.

The problem isn't necessarilly that Hasbro actually WANTED to put the plug in it though, remember. They could lose the rights to their own trademarks (or something like that, I'm not keen on the particulars) if they DON'T actively protect it. It's sad, but it is how copyright laws work.

I can't say for sure, but I could swear that it was stated that they're okay if they just try to remain "oblivious" to something, but if somebody actually goes to Hasbro and points it out to them saying, "LOOK! LOOK AT THIS! YOU CAN'T ALLOW THIS!" then that's when it becomes a case of "we're not allowed to just ignore it anymore". Again, I'm just going off of memory here, but it could very well be that a "hater" decided to go and do that just to be a huge butthead.

EDIT: Good heavens, what happened to my text? :blink:

Edited by Takuma Nuva, Feb 09 2013 - 01:16 PM.

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

he would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

#6999 Offline The Lord Of Wednesday

The Lord Of Wednesday
  • Members
  • Toa

• 106 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 01:28 PM

[color=#008000;]From what I understand, quite a bit of the crackdowns (referring to those on youtube) were done by youtube's filter and not hasbro themselves.[/color]

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

#7000 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,737 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 01:47 PM

[color=#008000;]From what I understand, quite a bit of the crackdowns (referring to those on youtube) were done by youtube's filter and not hasbro themselves.[/color]
But Hasbro is the one who demanded there be a filter for those episodes-- but even then, they were somewhat justified seeing as it's hard to get companies to publish DVDs of something that people are already watching online for free.In other news, MLP:FiM exclusives from Toys 'R' Us! Last year, there was the Zecora brushable and a "Favorites Collection" that included several popular ponies like Nightmare Moon, the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRRRRIXIE, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash, along with background ponies Lemony Gem and Flower Wishes. This time, they've got a Shadowbolt brushable, a talking Nightmare Moon, and a favorites collection including such ponies as Diamond Tiara, Queen Chrysalis, Shining Armor (good to have him in something other than the giant pink wedding castle, since he remains our only brushable stallion), Cadance (less exclusive but still an important character), Lyra Heartstrings, and Derpy Hooves.That's right. You read correctly. Derpy Hooves. In a set available for the general public to purchase. I think any claims that Hasbro is out-of-touch with the brony community have pretty much evaporated now. Clearly there is no conspiracy to eliminate Derpy, and in fact despite not appearing in the show this season, this is a milestone for her in terms of getting official recognition. Can't wait for these to become available, and I hope they produce a good supply, because this might become the most popular MLP toy there has ever been within the brony community.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time, Feb 09 2013 - 01:47 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users