• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Official My Little Pony topic

My Little Pony Ponies What is this I dont even

• Please log in to reply
7526 replies to this topic

#7001 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • DJ Kumo

• 5,907 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 02:21 PM

So how about that Chrysalis toy.  And the Shadowbolt.  And Derpy maybe?  Can't really tell.

stand still, pause clocks

we_can_make_the_world_stop.jpg

We Can Make The World Stop

#7002 Offline Andrewnuva199

Andrewnuva199
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,887 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 02:38 PM

In other news, MLP:FiM exclusives from Toys 'R' Us! Last year, there was the Zecora brushable and a "Favorites Collection" that included several popular ponies like Nightmare Moon, the GREAT AND POWERFUL TRRRRIXIE, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash, along with background ponies Lemony Gem and Flower Wishes. This time, they've got a Shadowbolt brushable, a talking Nightmare Moon, and a favorites collection including such ponies as Diamond Tiara, Queen Chrysalis, Shining Armor (good to have him in something other than the giant pink wedding castle, since he remains our only brushable stallion), Cadance (less exclusive but still an important character), Lyra Heartstrings, and Derpy Hooves.That's right. You read correctly. Derpy Hooves. In a set available for the general public to purchase. I think any claims that Hasbro is out-of-touch with the brony community have pretty much evaporated now. Clearly there is no conspiracy to eliminate Derpy, and in fact despite not appearing in the show this season, this is a milestone for her in terms of getting official recognition. Can't wait for these to become available, and I hope they produce a good supply, because this might become the most popular MLP toy there has ever been within the brony community. 
Wow, Hasbro really is giving the goods this year.I have to look into the NMM doll to counterpart that Celestia one. Maybe the lines won't make me go for the screwdriver to remove the batteries this time....I also just remembered that I'll be entering college by the time these things come out. Man, this might feel a bit awkward.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

#7003 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 02:58 PM

Today's episode was nice.

~Everypony wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

~My Little Pony~ ~Mass Effect~

#7004 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 04:19 PM

Actually they do want to eliminate Derpy. Or at least her name. They said they wouldn't ever refer to her as Derpy, because of all the drama people caused.So this is kinda surprising. And I remember when people didn't want Cadence. It wasnt anywhere as bad as this. :pAlso new episode was amazing. I loved it! Definitely one of the better episodes of the season!

#7005 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,757 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 04:54 PM

Actually they do want to eliminate Derpy. Or at least her name. They said they wouldn't ever refer to her as Derpy, because of all the drama people caused.So this is kinda surprising. And I remember when people didn't want Cadence. It wasnt anywhere as bad as this. :PAlso new episode was amazing. I loved it! Definitely one of the better episodes of the season!
Not using her name isn't the same as getting rid of her. If it were, then Derpy wouldn't have even existed prior to "The Last Roundup". Being nameless never harmed her before.People not wanting Cadance wasn't quite as bad as this, but it was the same general idea. OMG HASBRO HOW DARE YOU BE A TOY COMPANY WITH AN INTEREST IN SELF-SUSTAINING BUSINESS PRACTICES. And of course a lot of whining about how the show had gone completely against Lauren Faust's creative vision, the writers still on board were sacrificing their own creative vision just be pawns for Hasbro, and the brand as a whole was jumping the shark.It's amazing how people can claim that Hasbro is out-of-touch with the fan community when they as fans are often hopelessly out-of-touch with how Hasbro has operated since the show began. If anything Hasbro has become more aware of and sensitive to the bronies since the show began, targeting them with lots of merchandise. Yes, it's ultimately to make money. Same goes for any products and media that companies put out. That doesn't mean that the money-making has to happen at the expense of creative integrity and a general appreciation for the people and ideas that made the brand so popular and profitable.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#7006 Offline Andrewnuva199

Andrewnuva199
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,887 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 09 2013 - 07:24 PM

Spoiler

#7007 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,757 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 01:19 PM

More MLP pics from Toy Fair. Yep, Lyrica and Derpy brushables confirmed. On a side note, the new Princess Spoiler Alert toys are much more accurately colored than the non-alicorn versions were.On another note, Steven Magnet's name confirmed to actually be Steven Magnet.

#7008 Offline Keizah the Kaleidoscope

Keizah the Kaleidoscope
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 504 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 11:07 AM

Spoiler

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

#7009 Offline Grimdark Pony

Grimdark Pony
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 5 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 11 2013 - 07:05 PM

That Luna Design a Pony looks awesome. I love all these new toys, but I heard that the big Twilight alicorn toy is like $50. And also, I think that my Zecora is one of my favorite toys.

Edited by Silverstar, Feb 11 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#7010 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 12 2013 - 12:22 AM

So there's been a leak. About dang time.
Spoiler

Edited by Rarity, Feb 12 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#7011 Offline Andrewnuva199

Andrewnuva199
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,887 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 12 2013 - 04:45 PM

So there's been a leak. About dang time.
*facepalm*Well, this is going to be fun trying to remain spoiler free for the rest of the week.Last time this happened, I thought I did good, at most, I got caught when some guy I watch on another site posted pictures of his models of the characters in the Wonderbolts AcAcademy episode.

Edited by Andrewnuva199, Feb 12 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#7012 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 8,007 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 12 2013 - 07:15 PM

Spoiler

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#7013 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Feb 12 2013 - 07:34 PM

But... why? WHY?

After looking at the supposed character designs I am even more confused.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#7014 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 12 2013 - 08:32 PM

Why not?

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

#7015 Offline The Lord Of Wednesday

The Lord Of Wednesday
  • Members
  • Toa

• 106 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 12 2013 - 09:09 PM

[color=#008000;]I maintain a "Trust the writers" attitude when it comes to stuff like this, so I am not going to judge it until I see it. Granted, they have done amazing things time and time again despite people constantly claiming that said thing was going to "ruin the show".[/color]

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

#7016 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 12 2013 - 09:56 PM

Another leak. This time non finale related.And it's bad news.
Spoiler

#7017 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 12 2013 - 10:17 PM

Good, bad, it's all relative, lol.

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#7018 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 12 2013 - 11:07 PM

Wow. The fallout from this is smaller than Alicorn Twi...lol.So, anyone else surprised we haven't had a FULL leak of the finale, yet? Did they mind wipe the people who went to the coronation thing?

#7019 Offline The Manga Maniac Named Zac

The Manga Maniac Named Zac
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,376 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 10:15 AM

Who knows.Anyway, about the Equestria Girls things, it seems a bit hypocritical to dis a show cause it has girls and all of them are techno colored (reminds me of say... Three-four years ago?), While I could have thought for better designs for the girls, as we as not making different colors for their skin, and keeping them normal HUMAN skin colors, I still trust the writers and creators no matter what. Also the series is NON-CANON and its in a different universe, so no problems about the story as that is concerned.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

mega_man_reboot_gif___600x300___by_zacax

"Humans and robots living together in harmony and equality. That, was my ultimate wish,"-Dr.. Thomas Light

#7020 Offline Keizah the Kaleidoscope

Keizah the Kaleidoscope
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 504 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 11:58 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope, Feb 13 2013 - 12:12 PM.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

#7021 Offline The Manga Maniac Named Zac

• Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,376 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 01:25 PM

Spoiler

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

"Humans and robots living together in harmony and equality. That, was my ultimate wish,"-Dr.. Thomas Light

#7022 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 02:49 PM

Also the series is NON-CANON and its in a different universe, so no problems about the story as that is concerned.

That's what bothers me. Equestria Girls seems to be only inspired by MLP. If you're going to make a spinoff, make it a connected to the original. If you're going to take the characters and teleport them to an unrelated universe and change their species, then just make some altogether new characters. It's like the most awful kind of fanfiction come to life (second most awful kind of fanfiction).

It could be a decent show but the concept is irritating.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#7023 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,757 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 02:51 PM

Spoiler

#7024 Offline Grimdark Pony

Grimdark Pony
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 5 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 13 2013 - 11:03 PM

The movie sounds pretty cool, although the skin colors bother me a little. You know, I saw some leaked art that suggests Trixie being humanized in the movie too.

And what about that princess Skyla toy? She seems like she could be Cadance and Shining Armor's daughter.

#7025 Offline Andrewnuva199

Andrewnuva199
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,887 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 16 2013 - 07:37 PM

Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6, that finale. My thoughts:
Spoiler
Just heard about the Equestrian Girls thing when coming out of my spoiler-lockout shelter. A bit surprised, but not really impressed overall. That angle it approaches never really appealed to me, and I'm a bit saddened to hear that's what the TV movie may be about. But eh, live & let live.

Edited by Black Six, Feb 16 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#7026 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,757 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 16 2013 - 07:43 PM

Oh my gosh, that My Little Pony season finale was stellar. I went to a local meetup to watch it, and it was definitely a great experience. (Copying and pasting these reactions from another site, don't mind me...)
Spoiler

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time, Feb 16 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#7027 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 8,007 posts

Posted Feb 16 2013 - 08:08 PM

Spoiler

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#7028 Offline The Manga Maniac Named Zac

• Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,376 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 16 2013 - 08:12 PM

The season finale was awesome, a bit rushed, but awesome
Spoiler

#7029 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,757 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 16 2013 - 09:18 PM

Spoiler
I didn't get any sense that the protagonists would be going away, particularly for the sake of marketability. Why would new protagonists be more marketable? The sense I got from this episode was that of a capstone to MLP:FiM's first overarching story arc, much like how BIONICLE: Mask of Light was the capstone to the first chapter of the BIONICLE story.
Spoiler

#7030 Offline Kung Fu Pyro

Kung Fu Pyro
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 557 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 16 2013 - 10:57 PM

I liked this episode. It was well done.Also, we need to hear Celestia sing more. Her VA is pretty good.

sigpart1.pngsigpart2.pngsigpart3.pngsigpart4.png

#7031 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 8,007 posts

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 05:18 AM

Spoiler
I didn't get any sense that the protagonists would be going away, particularly for the sake of marketability. Why would new protagonists be more marketable? The sense I got from this episode was that of a capstone to MLP:FiM's first overarching story arc, much like how BIONICLE: Mask of Light was the capstone to the first chapter of the BIONICLE story.
Spoiler

Well, as I said I'm completely without evidence here but I still get the idea that it might be considered more profitable to introduce a new set of protagonists, thus creating a new set of toys to be sold. If they have new protagonists, the kids are gonna want those toys because they're the important ones, as opposed to yet another Fluttershy. It's the same kind of thing they did in Bionicle and while that turned out well enough, I don't think everyone got as attached to Tahu as to some of the mane 6. :P

But yeah, this is pretty much speculation on my part and hopefully you're right. :P

Spoiler

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

#7032 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 09:48 AM

It was a nice episode.

Time to wait for season 4.

What sold the episode for me, was

Spoiler

Edited by Valenti, Feb 17 2013 - 09:53 AM.

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

#7033 Offline Andrewnuva199

Andrewnuva199
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,887 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 10:03 AM

It's the same kind of thing they did in Bionicle and while that turned out well enough, I don't think everyone got as attached to Tahu as to some of the mane 6. :P
While I wasn't here for it, I do believe there was some rage over the Toa Nuva changes. I think they got over it pretty well, though.Now the Mistika/Phantoka changes, that's what got people's jimmies rustled.

#7034 Offline The Manga Maniac Named Zac

• Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,376 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 10:30 AM

I honestly felt like I was the only one who loved the phantoka/mistika. I was overjoyed to see my favorite Toa returning.Back on topic, I don't know whether or not they would change protagonists or not, but if they did, could be the CMC and three other fillies (if they do a timeskip) but I doubt it.But considering the fact that the show was told to implament Twilicorn, Cadence, Crystal Empire and other things, it is a possibility, unlikely, but possible.

#7035 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,757 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 10:45 AM

It was a nice episode. Time to wait for season 4.What sold the episode for me, was
Spoiler
Spoiler

It's the same kind of thing they did in Bionicle and while that turned out well enough, I don't think everyone got as attached to Tahu as to some of the mane 6. :P

While I wasn't here for it, I do believe there was some rage over the Toa Nuva changes. I think they got over it pretty well, though.Now the Mistika/Phantoka changes, that's what got people's jimmies rustled. 

Spoiler

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time, Feb 17 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#7036 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 02:22 PM

The episode was pretty good, but I admit I was really tired of the singing by the end.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#7037 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 04:51 PM

Celestia singing is amazing.Also I have a theory... Twilight has been in a changling pod the whole time.

#7038 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • DJ Kumo

• 5,907 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 05:18 PM

I liked the finale, but yeah too many songs.  A couple of them were pretty great, though.

stand still, pause clocks

we_can_make_the_world_stop.jpg

We Can Make The World Stop

#7039 Offline The Manga Maniac Named Zac

• Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,376 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 06:53 PM

Bout time we had Celestia sing, next Luna

#7040 Offline Keizah the Kaleidoscope

Keizah the Kaleidoscope
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 504 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 07:36 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope, Feb 17 2013 - 07:57 PM.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users