• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Official My Little Pony topic

My Little Pony Ponies What is this I dont even

• Please log in to reply
7554 replies to this topic

#7521 Offline Pupwa21

Pupwa21
  • Banned Members
  • Toa

• 112 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2014 - 08:00 PM

For anyone who hasn't heard yet, the Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks movie will start showing in certain theaters in late September, and will become available on DVD in late October just one month later. I personally don't go to theaters to watch anything (except the LEGO Movie), but at least it's nice to know that we don't have to wait much longer now.

September 27, to be exact.

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

#7522 Offline TL01 NUVA

TL01 NUVA
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 26 2014 - 09:51 AM

I'm looking forward to EG: 2R as well. Too bad they aren't showing it in theaters near me...

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAACK!

(Now in slightly less embarrassing non-manga form! :thumbsup: )

Credit to CaitieBerry on DeviantArt for the avatar.

#7523 Offline Pupwa21

Pupwa21
  • Banned Members
  • Toa

• 112 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 26 2014 - 09:55 AM

they+havent+washed+their+pits+in+a+while
what were the animators thinking?

#7524 Offline Airoski

Airoski
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,147 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 05:33 AM

they+havent+washed+their+pits+in+a+while

That Hasbro are going to pay them so much for this? I have absolutely no interest in EQG, so I can't work out what's good or bad at this point.

In other news, has anyone seen the official 3D printing project for fan-created models? Looks interesting, I just hope Hasbro gives a good portion of the high price points to the creators of the models. Link is here: http://www.superfanart.com/

#7525 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 4,285 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 07:54 PM

I'm not sure what you mean at all, but I haven't watched that clip since I don't want any parts of the actual movie spoiled if I can avoid it. I enjoyed the original movie and the eight mini-movies leading up to the new one, though, and the character designs from the new movie look pretty good, so I have high hopes for Rainbow Rocks itself!

Edited by Aanchir, Jul 28 2014 - 07:54 PM.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#7526 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 2,089 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 29 2014 - 07:53 PM

So anyone else planning to attend BronyCon? I'll be there during the day on Saturday, taking the train up to Baltimore from BrickFair. It'd be awesome if I saw other BZPowerites there!
Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#7527 Offline Coob

Coob
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 424 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 30 2014 - 01:30 AM

So anyone else planning to attend BronyCon? I'll be there during the day on Saturday, taking the train up to Baltimore from BrickFair. It'd be awesome if I saw other BZPowerites there!

Don't know about BronyCon, but I'll be at GalaCon over here in Europe. :-)

#7528 Offline Angel Beat

Angel Beat
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 4,664 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jul 31 2014 - 05:51 PM

Lucky you! I couldn't make it this year. :o

~Everypony wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

tailgunner001.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

~My Little Pony~ ~Mass Effect~

#7529 Offline Coob

Coob
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 424 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 04 2014 - 11:44 AM

Lucky you! I couldn't make it this year. :o

There's always next year! ;-)

Anyway, I just got home from Ludwigsburg. It was awesome, dare I say so. I got some amazing swag, chatted with M.A. Larson and Nicole Oliver signed a print of mine with "To my faithful Student, (name)"! :-D Definitely worth all the traveling hassle and expenses.

#7530 Offline an actual real life horse

an actual real life horse
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,857 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 05 2014 - 10:24 AM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

Just came back from Bronycon yesterday! I handed out CDs of mt new EP (I ran out the first day!), hung out with many of my amazing musician friends and made some new friends along the way, and got my arm signed by 30 people (mostly the friends I've met and made), and got some awesome stuff at the vendor hall!

My only regret is not inquiring about a custom OC plush but luckily I ran into a guy in a hotel lobby who does that very thing so I'll contact him and see how that goes.

It was a VERY fun weekend for me and an amazing experience and I'll try to go next year if I can.

#7531 Offline Pupwa21

Pupwa21
  • Banned Members
  • Toa

• 112 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 05 2014 - 09:09 PM

Anybody remember the C&D fiasco with Button mash?
It might come back.

#7532 Offline LimeFlavouredLibertarian24

LimeFlavouredLibertarian24
  • New Members
  • Turaga

• 67 posts

Posted Aug 07 2014 - 11:31 AM

Isn't MLP somewhat off topic, or is the excuse about why this topic is being discussed that Nokama did the voice(s) of characters in MPL?

#7533 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,486 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 07 2014 - 12:24 PM

Isn't MLP somewhat off topic

Welcome to Completely Off Topic.

Wait, that didn't really happen

Sorry, let me get rebooted

This is where the plot gets a little convoluted

~Bionicle, 2015

#7534 Offline Avohkah Tamer

Avohkah Tamer
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa

• 188 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 07 2014 - 12:26 PM

Isn't MLP somewhat off topic, or is the excuse about why this topic is being discussed that Nokama did the voice(s) of characters in MPL?

There's a reason this topic is in the Completely Off Topic subforum. ^_^

I'm pretty bummed I couldn't make it to BronyCon this year due to BrickFair, but it sounds like next year they finally don't conflict! BrickFair VA 2015 takes place from July 29th - August 2nd, while BronyCon is the following weekend from August 7-9! If it's within my power (and vacation hours from work), you can bet your apples I'll be attending both.

I haven't been to a pony con since the fairly small and informal, but super fun Midwestria convention a few years back, so I'm pretty excited.

~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

I love books! I love every kind of book!

twi_banner_iheartbooks2.jpg

I just want to hug every book~

#7535 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 2,089 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2014 - 12:58 PM

Just came back from Bronycon yesterday! I handed out CDs of mt new EP (I ran out the first day!), hung out with many of my amazing musician friends and made some new friends along the way, and got my arm signed by 30 people (mostly the friends I've met and made), and got some awesome stuff at the vendor hall!
My only regret is not inquiring about a custom OC plush but luckily I ran into a guy in a hotel lobby who does that very thing so I'll contact him and see how that goes.

It was a VERY fun weekend for me and an amazing experience and I'll try to go next year if I can.

I wish I had known what you'd looked like so I could greet you! I Streetpassed you on Saturday but I couldn't track you or anyone else I knew during my day there. I tweeted you to see if we could get in touch, but you probably didn't even know who I was so it probably just seemed creepy and awkward. It was pretty disappointed overall, since I didn't manage to attend a single panel due to misunderstandings and poor planning. I probably would've been better off staying at BrickFair all weekend, although at the very least I did leave with some cool merch.

There's a reason this topic is in the Completely Off Topic subforum. ^_^

I'm pretty bummed I couldn't make it to BronyCon this year due to BrickFair, but it sounds like next year they finally don't conflict! BrickFair VA 2015 takes place from July 29th - August 2nd, while BronyCon is the following weekend from August 7-9! If it's within my power (and vacation hours from work), you can bet your apples I'll be attending both.

I haven't been to a pony con since the fairly small and informal, but super fun Midwestria convention a few years back, so I'm pretty excited.

~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

YES!!! I'll definitely try to attend both next year, so that I don't miss out on as much as I did this year.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#7536 Offline an actual real life horse

an actual real life horse
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,857 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2014 - 12:02 PM

I wish I had known what you'd looked like so I could greet you! I Streetpassed you on Saturday but I couldn't track you or anyone else I knew during my day there. I tweeted you to see if we could get in touch, but you probably didn't even know who I was so it probably just seemed creepy and awkward. It was pretty disappointed overall, since I didn't manage to attend a single panel due to misunderstandings and poor planning. I probably would've been better off staying at BrickFair all weekend, although at the very least I did leave with some cool merch.

I saw that you tweeted me but I didn't have much control over my own twitter since it was my boyfriend's phone. Besides, I was drifting around a lot with different groups of friends and was a bit hard to meet up with.

#7537 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,554 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2014 - 06:12 PM

I just now saw the "Battle of the Bands" short. I literally thought the Dazzlings were Monster High characters when I saw the thumbnail. Other than that, probably my favorite short, given the parallelism to "Helping Twilight Win the Crown." I feel like Hitler could have marched into that cafeteria and started singing, and everybody would go along with it.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

unseen_light_banner.jpg

Click here for my other stories!

#7538 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 83 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2014 - 07:20 PM

Back in February of this year, I had mentioned that I had started writing a MLP fanfiction of my own that I thought some people here might find interesting. Now, about eight months later, I am finally finished. For those of you who don't want to bother looking back a few pages to find the link I had posted, I'll just post it right here again.

LEGO Equestria Girls

http://www.fimfictio...equestria-girls

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I have rejoined BZPower as of October 10, 2012. This is a new beginning for me.

#7539 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 816 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2014 - 07:29 PM

Back in February of this year, I had mentioned that I had started writing a MLP fanfiction of my own that I thought some people here might find interesting. Now, about eight months later, I am finally finished. For those of you who don't want to bother looking back a few pages to find the link I had posted, I'll just post it right here again.

LEGO Equestria Girls

http://www.fimfictio...equestria-girls

I look forward to reading it, from the description, it sounds like a good read. especially for MLP and LEGO lovers.

output_fmwrer.gif   1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png   output_fmwrer.gif

(Links do not work at the moment)

#7540 Offline teslakana

teslakana
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 371 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2014 - 01:15 AM

I just now saw the "Battle of the Bands" short. I literally thought the Dazzlings were Monster High characters when I saw the thumbnail. Other than that, probably my favorite short, given the parallelism to "Helping Twilight Win the Crown." I feel like Hitler could have marched into that cafeteria and started singing, and everybody would go along with it.

don't give Hasbro ideas...

seriously, it's the wort thing you can do, seeing as they'll most likely take someone else's idea and reuse it as their own without giving credit,

kinda like they've been doing for the past almost-4 years now....

Edited by teslakana, Aug 21 2014 - 01:18 AM.

#7541 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,192 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2014 - 05:45 AM

Anybody remember the C&D fiasco with Button mash?
It might come back.

It'd better!

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#7542 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 4,285 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2014 - 01:44 PM

seriously, it's the wort thing you can do, seeing as they'll most likely take someone else's idea and reuse it as their own without giving credit,

Errmmmm... examples? Because I think that's a pretty ridiculous claim. They've been inspired by the fandom in lots and lots of ways, but as far as I know none of the ideas they've used actually belonged to the fans, and none of them were ideas that could or should be credited to individuals.

It'd be like saying that the LEGO Group "stole" the ideas of LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Super Heroes because fans happened to make Star Wars and Super Hero MOCs and minifigures before they became official themes.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#7543 Offline teslakana

teslakana
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 371 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 02:46 AM

Errmmmm... examples? Because I think that's a pretty ridiculous claim. They've been inspired by the fandom in lots and lots of ways, but as far as I know none of the ideas they've used actually belonged to the fans, and none of them were ideas that could or should be credited to individuals.

It'd be like saying that the LEGO Group "stole" the ideas of LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Super Heroes because fans happened to make Star Wars and Super Hero MOCs and minifigures before they became official themes.

arrogance thy name is America...

#7544 Offline Terton

Terton
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,007 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 08:25 AM

What does that even mean...?

lifeofthefez.png

#7545 Offline Kung Fu Pyro

Kung Fu Pyro
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 585 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 08:25 AM

Excuse me, but arrogance is OUR word, thank you very much.

In all seriousness, you're being very vague. If you mean to say they're taking ideas from the fan community, the fact is that the community is so monumentally huge, it would be hard NOT to run across similar ideas while planning out canon.

If you mean they're taking ideas from other toy lines, they're likely to be purposefully doing that to match the competition.

sigpart1.pngsigpart2.pngsigpart3.pngsigpart4.png

#7546 Offline teslakana

teslakana
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 371 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2014 - 04:57 AM

well excuse me for liking other genres/series' that have even the slightest amounts of originality to them...

#7547 Offline Kung Fu Pyro

Kung Fu Pyro
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 585 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2014 - 05:08 AM

well excuse me for liking other genres/series' that have even the slightest amounts of originality to them...

Dude, are you reading the same replies we are? We're not judging you or what you like, we're just trying to figure out what you're talking about. The only answers you've given to questions have been incredibly vague. So far, you've only told us:

1: You think Hasbro is taking ideas from other people. However, you haven't told us any actual examples of this, which makes it somewhat difficult to take your claim seriously.

2: You believe we're judging you for what you like. However, seeing as you haven't even told us any examples of WHAT you like, that idea is not even remotely possible. In addition, the only things we've asked or said have been for clarification on your original post.

Edited by Kung Fu Pyro, Aug 28 2014 - 05:09 AM.

sigpart1.pngsigpart2.pngsigpart3.pngsigpart4.png

#7548 Offline Chronicler06

Chronicler06
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 83 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2014 - 08:16 PM

Just one week left to go before Rainbow Rocks arrives.

I've watched every sneak peek clip that has been released over the past month, and I have to say that I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie (despite the fact that I'll be waiting a little while for it to be available online, after it's done playing in theaters).

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I have rejoined BZPower as of October 10, 2012. This is a new beginning for me.

#7549 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,554 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2014 - 10:43 PM

Anybody buy the new glitter blind bag ponies? I have Princess Twilight Sparkle, Diamong Mint, Junebug, Lotus Blossom (best background pony), and Flower Wishes.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

unseen_light_banner.jpg

#7550 Offline Smarty35

Smarty35
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 89 posts

Posted Sep 23 2014 - 09:51 PM

Hello everyone. Just wanted to say hi to the local herd.

Oh, and also to shamelessly plug my crossover fanfic [link]. Just started it, but I won't bother continuing if nobody cares.

The reaction has been tepid so far, maybe you guys are a better audience for it.

See you guys around!

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

#7551 Offline Terton

Terton
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,007 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 24 2014 - 08:19 AM

Anybody buy the new glitter blind bag ponies? I have Princess Twilight Sparkle, Diamong Mint, Junebug, Lotus Blossom (best background pony), and Flower Wishes.

Needs more Apple Fritter.

Everyone needs more Apple Fritter in their collection.

lifeofthefez.png

#7552 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 27 2014 - 05:11 PM

Alright I'm legitimately looking forward to Rainbow Rocks, but I have to wait for the DVD release to see it...

It's weird, the first EqG movie was pretty bad, I'm not really that into ponies anymore, but... I still really want to see this movie. Like, I haven't been this stoked for anything pony since season two.

I just hope it isn't a musical.. Even though I'm pretty sure it is.

#7553 Offline Kaha

Kaha
  • Members
  • Toa

• 114 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 01 2014 - 02:53 PM

*pops in* Oh hi, didn't expect to be back.

I'll keep this short. I hopped on the Pony Train in 2011 and my favorite pony is Twilight (as if my picture didn't give it away). Thought the first Equestria Girls was meh, so I'm hoping DHX stepped up their game for Rainbow Rocks. Thought Season 3 was meh but I wanna rewatch it sometime to make sure that opinion didn't get tainted by the haters. That said, I'll keep in touch.

#7554 Offline masterchirox580

masterchirox580
  • Members
  • Toa

• 135 posts

Posted Oct 01 2014 - 03:48 PM

Yeah I love me some ponies, I got into this show back in late 2012, still love it and currently active on the MLP forums.

chirox580 master of air.

Fun fact about me, did you know I stole Lewa's element hence why he is master of jungle and not air, true story.

#7555 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,554 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2014 - 08:56 PM

Master Inika Presents: The Battle of Ponyville! The Equestrian Revolutionary Liberation Front mounts a daring offensive on the Princess Cadence's fortified capital while the Princess and her loyalists quickly muster their defenses.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

unseen_light_banner.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users