Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

I've even got a brony meetup on Saturday night, so I'm planning to bring it in HD for everyone to watch/rewatch! I can't wait.

Also, I wasn't able to post about this sooner since it would have been a double post, but for those of you who don't follow my blog, I finished my song cover a couple weeks ago.

Here it is if anyone wanted to check it out:

~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

Worn out yet from April Fools' Day pranks? Maybe take comfort in some ACTUAL NEW OFFICIAL EQUESTRIA GIRLS SHORTS!

"Life is a Runway": https://youtu.be/tl88FPaxwEQ

"My Past is not Today": https://youtu.be/4eTef5Iqe0Y

"Friendship Through the Ages": https://youtu.be/2EMmOV8N4Aw

And finally, "Teach Your Heart to Sing": https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

I was wondering if we'd get new Equestria Girls shorts this year, since it's been over a year since "Music to my Ears" premiered. It turns out we are! However, they're still themed around Rainbow Rocks rather than Friendship Games, probably because the Rainbow Rocks toys are still what's current on the shelves. I don't mind one bit, since Rainbow Rocks is a more musically inspiring theme, though I still regret that we never got a classical-themed short featuring Octavia like last year's dubstep-themed "Music to my Ears"! Sure, it was great to have Octavia appear and speak in the movie proper, but like so many of the acts, we never actually got to hear her play!

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

If you go to a website called watchcartoononline, you can watch my little pony there.(that's where I watch mine)

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Not sure about Discovery Family, but new episodes might go up on MyLittlePony.com since there's already episode-streaming infrastructure there.

I'd keep an eye on fandom sites for the Youtube/DailyMotion mirrors for same-day watching, otherwise you'll probably be able to find new episodes on MLPstream.org.

~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

• Upvote 1

When you say video streaming, are you talking about live streaming, or videos that stay up for at least a week? I'm pretty sure that there are some of us who, for various reasons, would be unable to watch a new episode on the day it first airs, so I'd like to ask on their behalf if the option to watch a new episode days later would be possible.

Edited by Chronicler06

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

When you say video streaming, are you talking about live streaming, or videos that stay up for at least a week? I'm pretty sure that there are some of us who, for various reasons, would be unable to watch a new episode on the day it first airs, so I'd like to ask on their behalf if the option to watch a new episode days later would be possible.

Although it launched during the hiatus, so I can't actually speak for how quickly they will add new episodes, the site I mentioned in my last post, MLPstream.org, looks to be the most reliable option for watching past the point where the Youtube copies get taken down. They use their own site hosting and player, so individual episodes should stay available unless the site itself is taken down. I'm just hoping their server can handle the load.

~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

Worn out yet from April Fools' Day pranks? Maybe take comfort in some ACTUAL NEW OFFICIAL EQUESTRIA GIRLS SHORTS!

"Life is a Runway": https://youtu.be/tl88FPaxwEQ

"Friendship Through the Ages": https://youtu.be/2EMmOV8N4Aw

And finally, "Teach Your Heart to Sing": https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

I was wondering if we'd get new Equestria Girls shorts this year, since it's been over a year since "Music to my Ears" premiered. It turns out we are! However, they're still themed around Rainbow Rocks rather than Friendship Games, probably because the Rainbow Rocks toys are still what's current on the shelves. I don't mind one bit, since Rainbow Rocks is a more musically inspiring theme, though I still regret that we never got a classical-themed short featuring Octavia like last year's dubstep-themed "Music to my Ears"! Sure, it was great to have Octavia appear and speak in the movie proper, but like so many of the acts, we never actually got to hear her play!

I'm really liking these songs.

Especially the last one. ;)

• Upvote 2

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Not sure about Discovery Family, but new episodes might go up on MyLittlePony.com since there's already episode-streaming infrastructure there.

I'd keep an eye on fandom sites for the Youtube/DailyMotion mirrors for same-day watching, otherwise you'll probably be able to find new episodes on MLPstream.org.

~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

Thanks for those- I haven't heard of either of them (though I suppose it should have been obvious that the first existed). I'll keep an eye on both, specifically the latter, and hope for the best tomorrow!

BZPRPG

I did- and I'm surprised there isn't more commentary on it in this topic, though partly that has to do with said commentary being moved to some blog entries instead. I guess I'll spoiler my thoughts?

I really liked the episode, parituclarly for it's departure from the "big bad" antagonist used in the last four. It felt more like a slice of life episode and those where always my favorite. I also liked it's use of dystopian story tropes as I don't recall the show ever going in that direction before. It felt new. It also did a fine job setting up the goals for the season as well as it's larger antagonist who will hopefully return every so often... or at least at the end. I would have preferred to have gotten some backstory on Starlight in those episodes, but I guess (hope) that that's being saved for future episodes.

Also, being the fashionably late person I am, I finally watched Rainbow Rocks- do I need spoilers for a six month old movie? I thought it was okay, though definitely a step up from the first film. I loved it's take on the Sirens, and how they modernized them as villains with a battle of the bands approach. But the music was overall pretty bland, which is disappointing given how important music is in countless stories and mythologies involivng Sirens. The Sirens' songs had an appropriately seductive sound with the vocals, but beyond that I found them lyrically dull. The actual 'battle' at the end was probably more over the top than it needed to be, and the use of the DJ pony during that sequence felt not only forced, but it also made it seem like the Sirens lost because they just weren't as loud... which seems like a lame way to lose a magical singing battle. But that can probably just be boiled down to my own personal preference.

The other thing I loved was how Sunset Shimmer was handled. She got a pretty raw development deal in the last movie so I was glad to see her getting a fuller arc here. I would definitely not be opposed to her joining the show.

I actually kind of liked that more than anything else from the movie. Do you have an alternate link to 'teach your heart to sing'? Yours doesn't work for me and I can't find the song on Youtube or anywhere else.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

I'm really liking this season, so far. The latest episode had quite a lot of funny moments, and it was nice what Twilight's friends did for her by the end of the episode.

• 3 weeks later...

I did- and I'm surprised there isn't more commentary on it in this topic, though partly that has to do with said commentary being moved to some blog entries instead. I guess I'll spoiler my thoughts?

I really liked the episode, parituclarly for it's departure from the "big bad" antagonist used in the last four. It felt more like a slice of life episode and those where always my favorite. I also liked it's use of dystopian story tropes as I don't recall the show ever going in that direction before. It felt new. It also did a fine job setting up the goals for the season as well as it's larger antagonist who will hopefully return every so often... or at least at the end. I would have preferred to have gotten some backstory on Starlight in those episodes, but I guess (hope) that that's being saved for future episodes.

Also, being the fashionably late person I am, I finally watched Rainbow Rocks- do I need spoilers for a six month old movie? I thought it was okay, though definitely a step up from the first film. I loved it's take on the Sirens, and how they modernized them as villains with a battle of the bands approach. But the music was overall pretty bland, which is disappointing given how important music is in countless stories and mythologies involivng Sirens. The Sirens' songs had an appropriately seductive sound with the vocals, but beyond that I found them lyrically dull. The actual 'battle' at the end was probably more over the top than it needed to be, and the use of the DJ pony during that sequence felt not only forced, but it also made it seem like the Sirens lost because they just weren't as loud... which seems like a lame way to lose a magical singing battle. But that can probably just be boiled down to my own personal preference.

The other thing I loved was how Sunset Shimmer was handled. She got a pretty raw development deal in the last movie so I was glad to see her getting a fuller arc here. I would definitely not be opposed to her joining the show.

I actually kind of liked that more than anything else from the movie. Do you have an alternate link to 'teach your heart to sing'? Yours doesn't work for me and I can't find the song on Youtube or anywhere else.

I think the idea of DJ's mobile sound system was less about them winning the musical battle by being louder so much as just making their musical counter-spell heard even from a great distance away.

I really liked the music of Rainbow Rocks — in fact, it might very easily be my most listened-to album on iTunes by now. The lyrics were nothing extraordinarily complex but I felt like they had a simple beauty to them. The character-specific songs were really true to the characters' personalities, and there were some interesting layers to some of the other songs — like how "Battle!" is basically the thematic antithesis of the Cafeteria Song from the previous movie. Like that song, it was a rallying cry to the students of Canterlot High, but instead of conveying a message of coming together by embracing each other's unique differences, it preached a message that the only way to truly embrace your own uniqueness is to rise above your peers.

Just fixed the links in my earlier post— I had copied and pasted the links from Facebook, and for some reason the last one didn't work. The links are now fixed to what they should have been when I made the post on April 1.

Anyway, I was just referencing the Equestria Girls Rockin' Hairstyle dolls, and I have to say... I'm amazingly impressed with those dolls. Not only are they extremely accurate to the costumes and hairstyles from "Friendship Through the Ages" (which is quite a feat, considering just how wild some of those costumes and hairstyles were), but unlike the previous doll designs, the Rockin' Hairstyle dolls have actual articulated elbows. They're still far from perfect — the shape of the faces is still a bit wonky, and I'm still not digging that they all have lipstick. But if they were not so expensive they would be pretty tempting!

The original Equestria Girls dolls were extremely disappointing, but between these and other show-accurate dolls like the classic collection, I'm really starting to respect the designers for their efforts to improve on that original design.

Also, yesterday I picked up G.M. Berrow's Princess Celestia chapter book, and I think it might be her best one yet (though the Daring Do books from last year are also contenders for that honor)! It has an amazing lesson, a great balance of fun and suspense, and fantastic characterization. I hope one day we get a Princess Celestia focused episode that tells a story as amazing as this book!

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

Just fixed the links in my earlier post— I had copied and pasted the links from Facebook, and for some reason the last one didn't work. The links are now fixed to what they should have been when I made the post on April 1.

Oh *facepalm*

I can't believe I let that happen to me. I just got April Fool'd... 29 days after April Fools.

And I spent these last four weeks thinking there was an MLP song I was missing out on. I guess I should have seen the signs when I couldn't find any MLP song with that title.

Man how embarrassing.

• Upvote 2
BZPRPG

Oh *facepalm*

I can't believe I let that happen to me. I just got April Fool'd... 29 days after April Fools.

And I spent these last four weeks thinking there was an MLP song I was missing out on. I guess I should have seen the signs when I couldn't find any MLP song with that title.

Man how embarrassing.

Hey, no need to be embarrassed. You're not the one who screwed up his own link. :P It does make me feel good to know I was able to prank at least one person here in spite of that, though. :)

So we're six episodes into season 5. Four of them were centered on cutie marks, two of which involved the CMC.

Anyone else feel like the CMC are being set up to recieve their marks this season? Or is it too early to call a trend?

I think this season is the season, to be honest. Seeing how cutie marks are what the season are centered on. It's going to be quite the episode when it happens, though. I don't like change, but I do like the thought of the kids finding their destiny.

So who's excited for this weeks episode? "Make New Friends but Keep Discord" Is probably a discord episode, so John de Lancie hype.

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

• 5 weeks later...

Today I finally watched the most recent episode (which I'd missed three weeks ago since I was on a flight returning from the LEGO Inside Tour). Then read through all the Equestria Daily Drawfriend updates and comic updates I'd been avoiding for fear of spoilers. Now I'm all prepared for Episode 100 tomorrow morning!

Edited by Aanchir

There's one question on my mind. How did Earth ponies evolve into pegasi and unicorns? I can't recall an episode where they explain the origins of pegasi or unicorns and how they came into existence.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

There's one question on my mind. How did Earth ponies evolve into pegasi and unicorns? I can't recall an episode where they explain the origins of pegasi or unicorns and how they came into existence.

There's never been anything to suggest than pegasi and unicorns evolved from earth ponies in the first place. All the backstory content we've seen includes all four races of ponies (the aforementioned three plus alicorns) in those forms for the entirety of recorded history.

Personally, if there's any sort of line of descent, I would assume that all three branched off of alicorns, rather than the other way around.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

There's never been anything to suggest than pegasi and unicorns evolved from earth ponies in the first place. All the backstory content we've seen includes all four races of ponies (the aforementioned three plus alicorns) in those forms for the entirety of recorded history.

Personally, if there's any sort of line of descent, I would assume that all three branched off of alicorns, rather than the other way around.

I suppose that could explain why alicorns are so rare.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

What did you guys think of the episode?(slice of life)

I thought it was a lot of fun! Definitely a nice love letter to the fans who have stood by the show for so long. It tied things up nicely with a good friendship lesson too.

Obviously, I wouldn't want all episodes to be filled with wacky hijinks like this one, but there's nothing wrong with a sillier episode every once in a while.

What did you guys think of the episode?(slice of life)

I thought it was a lot of fun! Definitely a nice love letter to the fans who have stood by the show for so long. It tied things up nicely with a good friendship lesson too.

Obviously, I wouldn't want all episodes to be filled with wacky hijinks like this one, but there's nothing wrong with a sillier episode every once in a while.

Totally!

I especially liked viewing gummy's thoughts.

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know, it was revealed only a few days ago that the second half of season 5 won't air until sometime later this year, which means that yesterday's new episode is the last one we'll get until then.

I will say that the latest new episode (featuring Princess Luna) was a pretty good one, so at least the start of this hiatus is marked on a high note.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for double-posting, but I just wanted to point out the recent announcement that new episodes will resume again in one month, starting on September 12, so the mid-season hiatus will be over soon.

Also, just like with Rainbow Rocks last year, a series of shorts are being released ahead of the premier of Friendship Games (which will be on September 26). Two have already been released, and expect to see a new one every Saturday.