Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Well, thanks for the welcome-arms greeting, Muharax. *shakes hand* Two subjects I see on here I'd like to remark on: 1. As far as I can tell, Pony Spread was in its very early stages on the old forums before they went down. There was an official topic set up a few days beforehand, but there was only around 14 posts before the forums went down. Beyond that, a few members were getting themed avatars and banners up, but not many. 2. Toy Collecting: I am no stranger to that sort of thing for other genres, and not just because of LEGO. Hasbro's Star Wars line still takes up a sizable amount of space in my room, so they have seen my money before. As for the MLP toys, that's a bit of a quirky issue. I'm not actually on the level where I would want to buy them. But if there were, it would be a bit awkward, I think. My parents aren't quite aware of any fandom I have for it (thanks to the Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me show on NPR, they're aware of the fandom itself though), but considering how they've handled some of my other weird interests, I think they'd get over it. As for the toys themselves, while my time with Star Wars figures has me not to expect extremely excellent accuracy to the characters from the source material, most of the toys have one flaw that makes me never consider them: syntheic hair. I DO NOT want to have to deal with that nonsense in my toys. Cloth Jedi robes are one thing, but fake hair is another.And the "cutesy" look some of the toys have is a little off-putting, too. In any case, the closest I ever get to wanting figures is the GMod ragdolls, which I find pretty handy.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

As for the toys themselves, while my time with Star Wars figures has me not to expect extremely excellent accuracy to the characters from the source material

I'm actually used to the usually high quality of anime figures, so I'm sort of on the fence with Pony toys. I only have a small Pinkie, but I'm thinking about getting a Fashion Rarity.
camryxleonia.png

Well, I watched the 1st episode today. As the ponies, unicorns, and pegusi burst into song, I felt my manliness draining away... My knuckles were white as I gripped the sides of my chair, trying to hold onto images of war and brutality... All joking aside, it_wasn't_that_bad. Although I didn't expect it to be given all the attention it gets here and everywhere. I had to watch it after all this nonsense. At this point I might actually become a brony. But I'd never, ever want MLP toys. Actually, for a cartoon with that focus, it was really good.

banner.png

Well, I watched the 1st episode today. As the ponies, unicorns, and pegusi burst into song, I felt my manliness draining away... My knuckles were white as I gripped the sides of my chair, trying to hold onto images of war and brutality... All joking aside, it_wasn't_that_bad. Although I didn't expect it to be given all the attention it gets here and everywhere. I had to watch it after all this nonsense. At this point I might actually become a brony. But I'd never, ever want MLP toys. Actually, for a cartoon with that focus, it was really good.

It gets better after the first two episodes, LOADS better.

Now I'm wishing I had got the toys while they were at McDonalds. At least Target has the toys in now, and a 20% off coupon. Anyone planning on getting them?

20 percent? 20 PERCENT??? But the only reason I have my AJ is because I got it for my birthday (that pony T-shirt was a gift too). I have too many video games I want to get right now, and I probably wouldn't buy anything except the molded toys. Edited by ~Sonu Nova~
19704_s.gif

Ah, My Little Pony. I became a brony just after the outage too. It started as curiosity which turned into fandom. I abosolutely love the show, and it is a sign that with good writers, they can take a premise that was previously backlashed and turn it into gold. By the way, I can't decide between Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, so they are both best pony.

I became a Brony about halfway through the series. I had noticed some people drawing MLP FIM fan and and ponified versions of their characters, though I never really heard much about it at the time. Now, seeing the couple who do Lapfox Trax have ponified versions of some of their characters was really what made me curious, as they were the last people I actually expected that from, given some of their music. So, I looked it up, saw that Lauren was involved, saw that she did other stuff I liked, then decided "what the heck?" I think I saw... what, six episodes that night? lol dunno

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Now I'm wishing I had got the toys while they were at McDonalds. At least Target has the toys in now, and a 20% off coupon. Anyone planning on getting them?

20 percent? 20 PERCENT??? But the only reason I have my AJ is because I got it for my birthday (that pony T-shirt was a gift too). I have too many video games I want to get right now, and I probably wouldn't buy anything except the molded toys.
I feel the same way. However, if I had more purple bricks, I would recreate that Lego pixel art in the the awesomeness that is rarity. Oh well, I guess I can settle for some other pony if I can find the correct bricks.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

WHAT. HOW MUCH DID THOSE COST.

20 percent? 20 PERCENT??? But the only reason I have my AJ is because I got it for my birthday (that pony T-shirt was a gift too). I have too many video games I want to get right now, and I probably wouldn't buy anything except the molded toys.
I feel the same way. However, if I had more purple bricks, I would recreate that Lego pixel art in the the awesomeness that is rarity. Oh well, I guess I can settle for some other pony if I can find the correct bricks.
LDD might work, but last time I used it it was laggy as heck.
19704_s.gif

Didn't like Rarity at first, but really grew to love her in later eps.

Suited for Success and Dog and Pony Show really did it for me. Art of the Dress is one of my favorite songs, and whining. Just... whining.
lol. :P Yeah, I'd have to say Rarity is one of my favorite ponies. (I've been asked by a bunch of people who my favorite pony is, tho) -Skar
THAT. Those eps sealed it for me when it came to Rarity. She was just great in the Dog episode. :3
I liked rarity a lot, before...The best young flyers competition. Poor Rainbow Dash. :crying:

pmpd.png

Coming soon...

Credit to Dragonfly the Luminescent for the awesome OC pony in my avatar. Check her out here.

Geez, I got to work for a day and 2 pages have been added to the topic. No way I'm going to bother replying to anything specific. On the subject of toys, I'd definitely get a few small figurines or something, nothing too big or extravagant. As it is, my LEGO sets just sit out for display now. However, I think I'll wait to see if Hasbro puts out some higher-quality stuff. Especially when Fluttershy is a cheap re-paint of Dash. A t-shirt wouldn't be bad either, but I wouldn't want something too obvious. Not because I'm ashamed, but I find more obscure designs (think "here comes Tom") more interesting. Is it strange that my favorite background pony is Rose? Something about her just seems really cool. On music, sooo many good ones, but if I had to pick a best, it's "Impressions of Celestia Origins" by Makkon. Seriously, anyone who hasn't heard this one yet has GOT to go give it a listen. Even somebody who hates MLP couldn't rightly say that it isn't an epic track. Now then, time to catch up on BZP stuff and get back to writing about more ponies. :P

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

I'm not usually very into fads, and I look at the whole thing as one, great big fad, so I never got into. I did watch one episode. I just couldn't get myself to watch anymore.

Ponies are not just a fad.Ponies are a way of life! :P
Haha -- In that case I guess I'd just rather live a different lifestyle.

naw man

I'm not usually very into fads, and I look at the whole thing as one, great big fad, so I never got into. I did watch one episode. I just couldn't get myself to watch anymore.

Ponies are not just a fad.Ponies are a way of life! :P
Haha -- In that case I guess I'd just rather live a different lifestyle.
Personally, I don't seem to understand why bronies are so hated. We're the only fanbase, (Well, the TRUE bronies anyway) That doesn't try to cram the show down people's throats. It's all about love and toleration. Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6 Edited by Black Six

pmpd.png

Coming soon...

Credit to Dragonfly the Luminescent for the awesome OC pony in my avatar. Check her out here.

Me a month ago: "MLP is so dumb, why do people like it so much?"A few days later: "Haha okay this show's pretty great. but I will never, EVER buy little toys and brush their hair. That's just wrong."Me now: "waaaaaaaaaaaant little desk fluttershy sooooo much D:"Just wait. It'll happen to you too.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

A fantastic fan-made song everyone should check out, if they don't know it already, is "Ballad of Autumn Dreams". By far one of the best I've heard.

I'm going to second this. If you hadn't mentioned I would have eventually. Even if it is based on a fan shipping, the lyrics are general enough so that the song doesn't even have to be associated with ponies. It's also a nice break from so many of the techno songs that seem to make up the bulk of fan made music. Beautiful chords, and the singer has a pretty good voice. Or I could just be biased because I love any songs inspired by the Autumn season...
BZPRPG

I've been a Brony since late March (thanks to Takuma Nuva), and it's been awesome seeing the fandom grow even through the break between seasons.I've got a few favorite fan music artists, such as DJ Alex S., PinkiePieSwear, Makkon, and RainbowCrash88 to name just a few. The sheer amount of fanmade music being made is insane. There's actually a comprehensive, weekly-updated Pony Music Archive out there that's up to 6.79GB as of a couple days ago. I can't wait to see the surge of new content after Season 2 has its first musical number! (Hopefully as soon as tomorrow's episode)As for toys, I'm not personally a fan of the brushable toys, but I've bought a few molded-hair ones. I've got the 5-pack "Gift Set" (Twilight, Pinkie, Applejack, Spike, Pink Celestia), the blind-bag scale 4-pack (Twilight, Dash, Pinkie, Rarity), and Hahli Husky sold me an individually-packaged Applejack she bought while in Canada. I'm only missing the Rainbow Dash recolor Fluttershy.I also got a hand-carved wooden Fluttershy as a gift from a Brony I met up with IRL for coffee last month! SO. AWESOME. /)^ɛ^(\So, who here is planning to wake up early tomorrow to watch the episode live? I know I am!~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

Edited by Avohkah Tamer

I've got a few favorite fan music artists, such as DJ Alex S., PinkiePieSwear, Makkon, and RainbowCrash88 to name just a few. There is just an insane amount of fan music being made; there's actually a comprehensive, weekly-updated Pony Music Archive out there that's up to 6.79GB as of a couple days ago. I can't wait to see the surge of new content when the first Daniel Ingram song airs on the show. (Hopefully as soon as tomorrow!)

I have that music collection. Surely, I haven't listened to it all yet but I enjoy putting on random songs and just seeing what's in there.

So, who here is planning to wake up early tomorrow to watch the episode live? I know I am!

I am!I've done it for the first two episodes so far and I'm not about to quit. I don't get the Hub on TV so I gotta get a seat in one of the live streams online. (Besides, the chats in the streams are fun)

G A Y   A S   H E C K

Huh, I thought the five pack gift set with Spike/pinkCelestia/Applejack/Pinkie/Twilight was on the same scale as the blind bag ponies. I personally am only interested in acquiring the large TRU exclusive set (that you have) that includes the Mane Six and some other randoms. Real shame Fluttershy is just a repaint, she looks nothing like herself. =/

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I personally am only interested in acquiring the large TRU exclusive set (that you have) that includes the Mane Six and some other randoms. Real shame Fluttershy is just a repaint, she looks nothing like herself. =/

I've got all but Fluttershy, but I'm tempted to spring for the whole 12-pack if I can't find that standalone Fluttershy puzzle thing. ~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

I liked the "MY BLACK METAL PONY" thing better.

My Little Ponies have made the whole world smile since 1982... the very same year that Venom made the whole world throw up with the first ever Black Metal record.Here, new names are made by combining My Little Pony names with the names of black metal bands. (*death, black, thrash, doom and Scandinavian metal)

yooo_daaaawg.png

First BzP'er to own Vezon and Fenrakk!