Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Based on people's lists of their other favourite shows, there seems to be a pretty big overlap with the Doctor Who fandom. Is this all because of a certain background pony, or is there another reason?Avatar: The Last Airbender also seems popular, but I find that one less surprising for some reason...

And of course Bionicle, since the plots are similar (for the Season openers at least,) except they're using the elements of Harmony, not those of nature, and they're all girls instead of five guys one girl. :P Avatar: The Last Airbender is essentially the same thing, but with like four people. (again, only one girl.) Except this show is more awesome because ponies are the manliest things to dwell the earth (save for Chuck Norris,) and it has an awesome recreation of the scene from the end of Star Wars IV.
Yeah, since we're all Bionicle fans (or, at least, were at some point), I figured the Airbender overlap was because of the similarities to Bionicle, not MLP.The similarities other people have mentioned between MLP and Bionicle only serve to convince me that Bionicle could have done really well as a flash-animated TV show.
I don't know about BIONICLE, seeing as BIONICLE parts are quite high in detail. Part of me wishes Ninjago were flash-animated, though; I feel CGI is somewhat overdone for LEGO animations, and Flash would give it more of that Saturday Morning cartoony goodness.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Also Pinkie Pie is best pony, no matter what anyone says.

Truth.
Yup, nuff said, Pinkie Pie is epic!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Avatar: The Last Airbender is essentially the same thing, but with like four people. (again, only one girl.)

(Avatar had the girl/guy ratio split pretty evenly, actually. Toph, contrary to a not very popular belief, is a girl. XD Oh, and Azula, Mai and Ty Lee are girls too... As is Suki... Not to mention the background characters that are given plot points... Avatar isn't really an offender on that front when you think about it. =/ In fact, the episode where they get to the Northern Water Tribe and Katara fights injustice against women benders... I'm getting off topic... XD)Anyway, who's pumped for the new episode? Can't wait to see another Spike one (although, I hope it's better than the first. The one with Owlicious/however his name is spelled. ><). Then again, his evil laugh was fun. XD Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Wind

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

@--Calamity--: You forgot to mention that, in most fanart, Derpy Hooves is depicted as a mail carrier. And, in the canon, her name is also Ditzy Doo, based off of a line in Winter Wrap Up. It goes: "Ditzy Doo went north for the southern birds!" "That jarhead! Didn't she learn her lesson last year, when she went west?"

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

And, in the canon, her name is also Ditzy Doo, based off of a line in Winter Wrap Up. It goes: "Ditzy Doo went north for the southern birds!" "That jarhead! Didn't she learn her lesson last year, when she went west?"

There's no official connection between the two (yet).

OpAXNpl.jpg

@--Calamity--: You forgot to mention that, in most fanart, Derpy Hooves is depicted as a mail carrier. And, in the canon, her name is also Ditzy Doo, based off of a line in Winter Wrap Up. It goes: "Ditzy Doo went north for the southern birds!" "That jarhead! Didn't she learn her lesson last year, when she went west?"

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that...

Was that.Oh god, Octavia is in Sweet and Elite ;A;WHERE'S DJ PON3.

There was a stallion in the background with glasses that looked somewhat similar to Scratch.

Truth.
That's a funny way of spelling Rarity.
Oh, not this again. >/)< Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

"That jarhead! Didn't she learn her lesson last year, when she went west?"

I don't think she said Jarhead. Then Derpy wouldn't be a mail carrier, but an ex-marine suffering from PTSD. Her character would go from comical and light-hearted to depressing. It would explain a lot, though.MLP - Taxi Driver. Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I feel like the mayor called her Ditzy Doo once as well. I was thinking in Lesson Zero, but while they fought over the doll, they never addressed each other.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

And, in the canon, her name is also Ditzy Doo, based off of a line in Winter Wrap Up. It goes: "Ditzy Doo went north for the southern birds!" "That jarhead! Didn't she learn her lesson last year, when she went west?"

I remember a Faust quote where she said "yeah sure they're the same" but it was more her just throwing out an answer. Some people take that as official but I doubt we'll ever get more solid confirmation than that, so do what you will with it.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Well, technically, Lyra isn't an official name, it's Heartstrings. People still call her Lyra, or Lyra Heartstrings as her full name, and treat it as official.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

I remember a Faust quote where she said "yeah sure they're the same" but it was more her just throwing out an answer. Some people take that as official but I doubt we'll ever get more solid confirmation than that, so do what you will with it.
I think it was more along the lines of if Ditzy were to show up she'd use Derpy's design or something.(schrödinger's pegasus)

OpAXNpl.jpg

I remember having a discussion on that with one of the Homestuck artists.If you know anything about the fanbases of both things, this should not be a surprise, other than asking yourself "how did I not know this already existed?"

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Anyway, who's pumped for the new episode? Can't wait to see another Spike one (although, I hope it's better than the first. The one with Owlicious/however his name is spelled. ><). Then again, his evil laugh was fun. XD

Dude, yes. I can't wait for another Spike episode. Spike is the bestpony.
jlovfkk.jpg

Truth.
My Fav 5 Ponies5.Big Mac4.Twilight3.Rarity2.Rainbow Dash1.PINKIE PIE!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Truth.
My Fav 5 Ponies5.Big Mac4.Twilight3.Rarity2.Rainbow Dash1.PINKIE PIE!
Mine would be:1. Fluttershy2/3. Tie between Sweetie Bell and Apple Bloom.4. Twilight Sparkle.5. Pinkie Pie.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

My top 5 are:1. Rainbow Dash2. Princess Luna3. Princess Celestia4. Sweetie Belle5. Twilight SparkleLeast fave: Trixie

Trixie's a whiny makutaLuna I love more than Celestia, 'dunno whyCelestia, surprisingly is a bit of a joker, check episode 22 season 1.

Well, technically, Lyra isn't an official name, it's Heartstrings. People still call her Lyra, or Lyra Heartstrings as her full name, and treat it as official.

Heartstrings is only toy-canon, not show-canon.It's the same thing with Applejack having a truck. That's true according to toy-canon but she was never seen owning a truck in the show.For the time being, according to show-canon, Lyra is nothing but a nameless background pony.As for favorite ponies:1. Derpy2. Luna3. THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE *fanfare*4. Tie Between Mane 65. Scootaloo

G A Y   A S   H E C K

Heartstrings is only toy-canon, not show-canon.It's the same thing with Applejack having a truck. That's true according to toy-canon but she was never seen owning a truck in the show.For the time being, according to show-canon, Lyra is nothing but a nameless background pony.As for favorite ponies:1. Derpy2. Luna3. THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE *fanfare*4. Tie Between Mane 65. Scootaloo
Hmm, I forgot about that. Personally, I'm a fan of Lyra Heartstrings.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Hmm, I forgot about that. Personally, I'm a fan of Lyra Heartstrings.
As am I. It rolls off the tongue really well.

G A Y   A S   H E C K

So, the Hub's Naughty or Nice Competition.Discord and Pinkie are winning by a landslide (in their respective categories). Can't wait to see how this all turns out in the end.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

So, the Hub's Naughty or Nice Competition.Discord and Pinkie are winning by a landslide (in their respective categories). Can't wait to see how this all turns out in the end.Kalhiki

PINKIE SHALL PREVEAL!

Whats that?

The Hub is having a "Naughty and Nice" competition taking characters from various Hub shows and putting them as either Naughty or Nice. You then vote on who is more Nice/Naughty and whoever wins goes to the next round.It's on the Hub's website.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Whats that?

The Hub is having a "Naughty and Nice" competition taking characters from various Hub shows and putting them as either Naughty or Nice. You then vote on who is more Nice/Naughty and whoever wins goes to the next round.It's on the Hub's website.Kalhiki
Oh cool *goes to vote*My favorite ponies are:1. Rarity2. Pinkie Pie3. Fluttershy (only a hair behind Pinkie)4. Princess Celestia (that troll :P)5/6. Sweetie Belle and Applebloom (can't decide between them.)
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Anyway, who's pumped for the new episode? Can't wait to see another Spike one (although, I hope it's better than the first. The one with Owlicious/however his name is spelled. ><). Then again, his evil laugh was fun. XD

Dude, yes. I can't wait for another Spike episode. Spike is the bestpony.
Right? XDAnyway, right now on the Naughty/Nice contest, it's Pinkie Pie verses Strawberry Shortcake... Strawberry is totally going down! (Oddly enough, I never care enough about sports to get pumped over brackets, but add in a pony and I'm all for it. XD).

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing