Chols

6616709815_8383eb8689.jpg

Zetta is sentient, dragon-shaped super computer created as part of an "artificial omniscience" project. It was tasked to orbit its local star system and silently copy data from all nearby computer systems. Zetta has recently escaped from it's original orbit and is now breaching security systems across the galaxy.

----

I had been working on this MOC for all of last year (if my memory serves, I first started designing it in late 2010 ._.), but only recently finished and photographed it. It was fairly hard to photograph properly due to its size (26 inches from head to tale), so I apologize if some of the full view pictures aren't so good.

Its physical appearance is a cross between a serpentine dragon and a jet plane. The backstory was made with Hero Factory in mind, though I don't know if I still consider him a Hero Factory Villain. The name is derived from Zettabyte, a byte size beyond the capacity of any current computer.

So yeah C&C appreciated or whatever you BBC people like to say.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Happy Chinese New Year then, at least until the 23rd. Quite the coincidence? Though honestly, the gray would go better in 2000, when it was the year of the metal dragon. Oh well, it's awesome enough, especially the head and serpentine body, like an eastern dragon.

The Master of Tediosness

wow that is freakin impressive. i have always liked dragons and this i think represents one perfectly i also really like the color scheme you used. I can not think of anything that could make it better and the clever use of the rubber bands is good. I give it a 10/10Also i would love to see a wyvern moc out of bionicle pieces

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I really love this thing, especially the head, which is in my opinion the best part. The end of the tail is also cool with the mechanical fin things. I think the only thing that really needs to be improved is the arms, they look too weak and need more silver like the rest of the MoC. I'd give this a 9/10 overall.

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

Dude.Dude.This rocks. Like, a lot. The whole thing looks sturdy and just absolutely epic. I actually like the small arms because they seem to emphasize the size of his head. The serpentine look with those jet engines and that head. Oh, that marvelous, marvelous head. It's gigantic and awesome.Buuuut that seems to come at a price. His neck is uncannily thin and urgh it just looks wrong.That's my only qualm, and it's fairly minor. So in the end this guy is amazing, but that neck just needs changing.

overlordsukapon.png

The time you spent shows. Nice work.Especially cool is the choice of pieces. Your carefully chosen pieces give the main body an appearance that resembles reptilian scales and the head and arms a mechanical look. Actually, everything looks both scaly and mechanical simultaneously. So that's why I say the time spent is apparent. The only way to find the right piece is to find all the wrong ones until there is one left that was the most scaly and mechanical, which you quite clearly did for every piece. Awesome work.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

That is a great moc.Seriously, the body is very serpentlike and the armor makes it look like it has scales, but the arms and torso(?)plus the color makes it hard to pass as an earth snake.8/10

But if anyone were present who could hear the thoughts of the great spirit as they echo within the mask, they would hear one thing repeated over and over again: "I will return."

I LOST THE GAME

AND NOW YOU DID.

The HF part for the head armour is exceptionally clever, and the system gear piece as the lower jaw adds a lot. The tail is exceptionally sleek, and I like the end of it particularly. I'm not sure the arms fit the style of the rest of it though. They're more spindly, and not nearly as smooth and organic looking.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Aieeee so many comments. Love y'all :3I dunno if I can easily address everything, but I'll try. First off, it seems many people commented on the arms, so I'll try to respond to that all at once. I actually agree that the arms are kind of weak. In some ways, this was intentional, but I did also have design issues with them. I realize they're spindly, but I didn't think making them any thicker would be good. After all, since when did serpent dragons have thick arms? :P this did cause a number of problems though, the main one being articulation. Eventually I found a solution for the shoulders, though perhaps their large size doesn't fit as well with the thin arms as I had hoped. In short, I guess I could have improved on them further, but I felt they were good enough as-is and didn't want to delay the moc much longer.With that out of the way, here are more specific replies:

Happy Chinese New Year then, at least until the 23rd. Quite the coincidence? Though honestly, the gray would go better in 2000, when it was the year of the metal dragon. Oh well, it's awesome enough, especially the head and serpentine body, like an eastern dragon.

Of course this was entirely coincidental, but I do think it's pretty interesting how I released this just before the Chinese New Year. Pretty good timing after all. :P

I like his head design. It's hard not to pay attention to the stand because it's there in open view. :P

THERE IS NO STAND

Also i would love to see a wyvern moc out of bionicle pieces

Making this moc was very fun, so perhaps I will consider another dragon. While I prefer Oriental dragons over European dragons, a Wyvern would certainly make a great moc subject. :3

I just wish the arms looked a little stronger and the rest of the body had some bulk to it, because the body looks like a worm

What exactly makes the rest look this? I feel that the body is thick enough, but I was somewhat concerned that the shoulders were too broad for the rest of the body's proportions.

Dude.Dude.This rocks. Like, a lot. The whole thing looks sturdy and just absolutely epic. I actually like the small arms because they seem to emphasize the size of his head. The serpentine look with those jet engines and that head. Oh, that marvelous, marvelous head. It's gigantic and awesome.Buuuut that seems to come at a price. His neck is uncannily thin and urgh it just looks wrong.That's my only qualm, and it's fairly minor. So in the end this guy is amazing, but that neck just needs changing.

I actually considered modifying the neck a bit by adding an extra piece of Kalmah armor to extend it (yes, I still have some spare silver ones that aren't in the moc x_x). Unfortunately, though, the shoulders are very feeble (held on solely by the chest bricks), and I don't know if they could have supported a larger neck.

The time you spent shows. Nice work.Especially cool is the choice of pieces. Your carefully chosen pieces give the main body an appearance that resembles reptilian scales and the head and arms a mechanical look. Actually, everything looks both scaly and mechanical simultaneously. So that's why I say the time spent is apparent. The only way to find the right piece is to find all the wrong ones until there is one left that was the most scaly and mechanical, which you quite clearly did for every piece. Awesome work.

Thank you very much. :3 I actually had no intention of carrying the scaly appearance through the whole moc, but it looks like I managed to pull it off anyway. The texture of the Kalmah armor certainly helped a lot (and part of the reason I made it into a dragon in the first place), and the Inika armor made a pretty nice backside, with some similar textures to the Kalmah armor helping complete the look. Texture wasn't a top priority for me, but it seems like I manages to pull it off regardless ^w^

That is a great moc.Seriously, the body is very serpentlike and the armor makes it look like it has scales, but the arms and torso(?)plus the color makes it hard to pass as an earth snake.8/10

Perhaps I wasn't clear when describing the MOC, but it's not really supposed to be an earth creature. It's supposed to be a flying serpent (which are typically wingless), hence the jet engines and tail fins.Thanks again to all of you. I loved all your feedback. =)

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

snapback.pngShadow Reaper, on Jan 01 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:Also i would love to see a wyvern moc out of bionicle pieces

Making this moc was very fun, so perhaps I will consider another dragon. While I prefer Oriental dragons over European dragons, a Wyvern would certainly make a great moc subject. :3

technically a wyvern is not a dragon. it's more like a cross between a dragon and a snake has the body of a snake but 2 wings on it's back and two back legs. just thought i would point that out. Edited by Shadow Reaper

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Nice! An overall good and somewhat complex MOC, and I like the entire tail design. But the head is ASOLUTELY my favorite part, and I love the use of the Bulk hero chest armor (that is what it is, right?). The arms, however, seem a little too skinny for the overall feel of the MOC, but I do kind of get it. Overall, I give it a 8.7/10.

ATTENTION!!!!!!!

Hey guys, I'm making PBZPs now, so please PM me with details! You know you want one!

completed: 1

in progress: 0

pending: 1

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...