Official BBC Contest #76: No Eight-Legged Freaks!

Tufi Piyufi

Official BBC Contest #76: No Eight-Legged Freaks!

Bionicle's brought us some great takes on real-world animals, and spiders are a popular subject. From the little Fikou to the mighty Fenrakk, the Visorak to the Skull Spider, there's really no wrong way to put a spin on a spider. They come in all shapes, sizes, colours, and numbers of legs. Okay, almost all numbers of legs.

I ask of you one small thing this contest: build a sweet Bionicle spider. Your spider must not have eight legs.

That's a hard and fast rule, folks. Get as funky with that arachnid body scheme as you like, just don't give it eight legs. It's just not supported by the canon*, I'm afraid. You can have any number that isn't eight. There's plenty of them to pick from.

We're also going to try something a little different this contest: off-site entry. You'll enter through the use of a handy Google form, which also means you don't have to have a BZPower account to enter. Voting will still take place on BZP, though, so make sure you have an account if you want to vote!

So what are you afraid of? Make some spiders!

*yes yes I know there's an exception, shhh

-------------------------

You have from now until Thursday, October 25th to submit your entries. To submit your entries, just use this handy form. Only one entry per person, please.

Voting:

Preliminary Voting begins October 27th and ends October 30th at 11:59 P.M. EST.
Final Voting begins October 30th and ends November 1st at 11:59 P.M. EST.
The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on November 2nd.

Rules:

1) Entries may not have been posted on BZPower prior to the start of the contest. It can be posted anywhere else before the contest, but it must never have been seen before on BZPower. Once entered, entries cannot be modified: you're committed to what you've entered. If you withdraw your entry, you cannot enter again that contest. If your entry is disqualified, you cannot enter again that contest.

2) Painted parts, non-LEGO parts, and parts edited in Photoshop are not permitted and will disqualify you. All other LEGO pieces are permitted, but the entry must be at least 75% Bionicle/Hero Factory/Technic.

3) Keep it clean, keep it civil. No flaming, no whining. Unsporting conduct will just get you disqualified.

4) Campaigning for votes (mass-PMing, etc), using multiple accounts to skew voting, and sundry other methods of cheating are only going to end in tears for you. Trust us: we'll know when you're doing it.

---------------------------------------

Prizes:

The first-place winner will receive a 71316 Umarak the Destroyer and a 1441 Fikou (Tree-Spider). The second-place winner will receive a 70794 Skull Scorpio. The third-place winner will receive a 70793 Skull Basher. Thanks to LEGO for the prizes!

---------------------------------------

Contest Host:

Tufi Piyufi

Well, what are you waiting for? Get building!

• Upvote 3
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Are LDD entries permitted?

As is standard, they are not.

there's really no wrong way to put a spin on a spider.

How long'd it take you to come up with that one. :v

Might give this a shot. Been a long while since I made any MOCs, so this might get me back into it.

I dunno, I just saw it in a web somewhere.

So... does a snake-spider count as a one-legged spider? Asking for a non-eight-legged friend.

A one-legged spider counts as a one-legged spider. The goal is to make it as spidery as you can without giving it eight legs, after all.

Can the spider originally have eight legs but not any more? also, is there a recommended size the moc should be? Additionally can we have a photoshopped cover photo for the moc or does it have to be a straight up picture?

Edited by IvanisIvan

Hey! I'm Ivan and I love Bionicle, but I am sure yall do too. :P

http://www.moc-pages.com/home.php/128635

Well... Looks like It's time to finally come out of Retirement.

One question though; are Driders/Spider folk allowed, or is it just vanilla spiders?

These need to be spiders, not spider-themed other things.

System.

Can the spider originally have eight legs but not any more? also, is there a recommended size the moc should be? Additionally can we have a photoshopped cover photo for the moc or does it have to be a straight up picture?

Your entry cannot have eight legs.

As mentioned in the rules, you cannot digitally modify your entry. If you have any concerns about a specific picture, please feel free to PM me with it.

Pretty cool theme, but just to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree, would a transforming spider-mech count? Already made a start on my entry, but it wouldn't be too hard to change to fit the theme better :)

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Can entries have more that eight legs, or must they have fewer?

They can have more, just as long as they don't have eight.

Pretty cool theme, but just to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree, would a transforming spider-mech count? Already made a start on my entry, but it wouldn't be too hard to change to fit the theme better :)

It can be as transforming and as mech as you'd like, just as long as it is a spider.

It can be as transforming and as mech as you'd like, just as long as it is a spider.

So if it's a spider-mech that transforms into something which isn't quite a spider, would that count? Because technically it does adhere to the theme in only one of its states. I'm asking because you said something like a Drider (which is, essentially, a human-spider hybrid) isn't allowed. I know I'm being a bit more inquisitive than perhaps necessary, but better safe than sorry XD

Thanks for your patience, Tufi  :D

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

So if it's a spider-mech that transforms into something which isn't quite a spider, would that count? Because technically it does adhere to the theme in only one of its states. I'm asking because you said something like a Drider (which is, essentially, a human-spider hybrid) isn't allowed. I know I'm being a bit more inquisitive than perhaps necessary, but better safe than sorry XD

Thanks for your patience, Tufi  :D

The spider part should be the main aspect of your entry; if it's a spider that happens to also turn into something else sometimes, that's fine.

What time on the 25th does the entry period end?

11:59 PM Eastern.

Would the Skopio set count as a spider?

No, it's definitely more of a scorpion.

Half an hour left and I'm still low on ideas.  Looks like I'm passing this one up after all.  Good luck to everyone who entered!

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )