Shadows

a goose

Okay, here's my first epic. The review topic is found here.shadows_banner.pngCredit to Shattered Mask Productions for the bannerPrologue: There are some events in time which are fixed. They must always take place; They cannot be changed or prevented, only delayed. One such event was the sealing of the Mystix.No-one knows the exact age of the Mystix, except perhaps the Great Beings and Ignotus himself; It has been said by some that they are as old as the stars themselves, if not older. They were humanoid, almost like bats, with metallic armour, webbed feet and heads similar to those of the Vahki. They were the Great Beings’ first attempt at intelligent life, and Ignotus was the first among them. He did well when tested, and the Great Beings created hundreds upon hundreds of creatures like him. Soon, when they thought the Mystix were ready, they set them free to walk among the Agori and Glatorian. That’s when the trouble began...The Mystix believed themselves to be infinitely superior to all the other beings who walked the surface of Spherus Magna; They killed them, they enslaved them, it seemed that there was nothing that could stop them. Eventually, the Great Beings themselves had to intervene, and banish Ignotus.Ignotus took the other Mystix with him, creating an island in the middle of the Endless Ocean. However, when the Shattering came, this island was separated from Spherus Magna. There was panic for a time, but eventually they learned to live peacefully.But when Mata-Nui came crashing down, a great wave drowned their island; Few Mystix survived, but most of those that did followed Ignotus to a new island, where they lived in a large cavern that would one day be called ‘Onu-Koro’. But it would not be long before Ignotus found yet another new species to fight against...- - -Aru thought over these things as she walked down the tunnels. She wondered where everything had gone wrong, and how. Here webbed feet made no sound as they touched the dust. She was of average height for a Mystix, mainly blue, with silver armour and some lime-green on her limbs. Eventually, she believed she had reached a point at which it was dark enough for what she had planned.“Makuta!” She called out, expecting that she would be heard, for it was said that Makuta not only lived in the shadows, but was, in fact, the shadows themselves.Suddenly, the darkness almost seemed to grow darker, and a chill wind blew, despite having no place from which to originate. Then, two red eyes materialised in front of the Mystix.“Speak.” The Master of Shadows commanded.“I require... your assistance.” Aru replied.“Assistance?” The Makuta asked, intrigued. “I have promised a year of peace; If this ‘assistance’ requires an attack against the Matoran, I cannot help you.”“No, it does not. In fact, in a way I am helping them.” She said. “I want you to help me remove Ignotus.”The Makuta had heard of Ignotus’ attempts at conquest; He had planned to destroy him at his leisure, but decided that it would be best to remove him now, while the Mystix was offering.“In the cavern your species called home, there is a cave to the side. You must bring Ignotus and the others there. Then, I will seal him and the rest of your species within.”“Then it is agreed.” Aru stepped back, returning into the shadows.- - -Ignotus stood in front of his army. He was completely black, except for some silver armour on the upper parts of his arms and on his front and back. He had spiked black armour on his legs.“Tonight, we shall battle! Tonight, we shall take back that which is rightfully ours! Tonight, we shall FLY!”The gathered Mystix erupted into applause. They were inside the cavern that the Makuta had suggested to Aru, and that Aru, in turn, had suggested to Ignotus. She slipped away, silently, unnoticed. Or so she thought...Kraal was one of the Mystix trusted most by Ignotus. He was completely grey – even his armour was a metallic grey – and had cold, blue eyes. He noticed Aru slipping away, and followed her.When Aru exited the cave, she looked behind her. A wooden door appeared to grow out of the rock itself, plank by plank, nail by nail.“They can never escape.” The voice that had said this belonged to the Makuta, and he was right. The door could only be opened from the outside, as it was only a door on the outside; On the inside, it was simply a wall. The Mystix were frozen in time, never stirring, never aging...Always waiting.

Edited by Paradoxophobia

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Chapter 1: 1,000 years later...The lone Nuhvok walked through the tunnel. A cave-in had separated it from its group, but the Krana-Xa had wanted them to cave in a large cavern. Eventually, it reached the large cavern that was once the location of Onu-Koro. Turning, it began smashing its shields against the wall. Except, when it tried to pull its shield out, it was stuck. Suddenly, it noticed that something was holding on to the shield. In the second before the massive amount of pressure from the magnetic field surrounding its Krana caused it to explode, it managed to categorise the situation as ‘not good’...- - -2 years later...“I don’t believe you.” Incommodo said. The dark blue Toa of Magnetism was seated on a metal chair, behind a metal desk. In fact, everything in the room was metal. One of the helpful parts of knowing a Toa of Iron. Seated in front of him was a black and grey Toa of Magnetism, a suspect in a murder.“Do you want to know why I don’t believe you?” Incommodo asked. He took a small, blue-silver ring from his desk. “I found this at the crime scene. And there’s a ring of armour that’s shinier than the rest on your middle finger. And it’s the exact size and shape of this ring.” He finished, leaning back in his seat. “That, and your name is inscribed on it.”“I... I can explain that...” The other Toa began to say, but Incommodo didn’t even give him a chance.“Do you know what I think? I think that you killed him. Then, you left the house. But, you realised that you had left your ring, and ran back to get it. However, you bumped into a police officer.” Incommodo was glad that there were police now. It gave him people to look down on. “When he asked you why you were in such a hurry, you told him that you had heard disturbances in the house. You both walked there, and found the body. But you couldn’t look for the ring; Not without drawing attention.” Incommodo got up, and walked to the door. As he grabbed the handle, he felt his neck being crushed by a weak magnetic force. “Tut tut. That’s not how you use magnetism.” Incommodo sighed, clicking his fingers. As he did this, his desk drawer opened, and a pair of handcuffs flew out, before locking on to the other Toa’s wrists. “That’s how you use magnetism.” The handcuffs were specially designed to prevent the wearer from using their elemental powers.Incommodo poked his head out the door, before turning to the Toa of Iron standing outside. “He’s guilty, Les. You can take him away now.”“With pleasure, sir.” Les replied. Les was in charge of the police force, and tended to ask for Incommodo’s help. Now, the most difficult part of cases tended to be trying not to punch him. He walked in and took the other Toa of Magnetism out of the room. “You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be held against you.”Incommodo walked out of the room.“Next, please.” Suddenly, he felt his neck being crushed by a much more powerful magnetic force. He immediately began making deductions about it. Toa level of control over magnetism. Great experience with elemental powers. He then took note of the shape of the force crushing his throat. Any being attempting to crush another’s throat with magnetism would do so by crushing their own hand into a fist. Wrong shape of hand, so not a Toa... He then looked down, trying to gain information from the being’s shadow. About as tall as me; Wings...“It’s impolite to sneak up on people.” Incommodo said, turning around. Or, at least, that’s what he intended to say. As soon as he turned around, he was punched in the face. Conclusion: Ancient species, alien, doesn’t like me...That was the last thing he managed to figure out before he fell unconscious.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Chapter 2: While Incommodo was being abducted, a lone Toa of Ice was facing off against two other Toa.“Give it up.” Pirok said. The Calix-wearing Toa of Fire’s hands were in flame, and he seemed prepared to attack.“Never.” Pulse growled. He was the Toa of Ice, and he was wearing an Akaku.“Listen, unless you give up, we’re gonna have to kill you.” Proditor pointed out. The Toa of Air was holding a large black sword.“Like I killed you?” Pulse taunted. “Besides, if I am to die, why not let it be in flame?”“Are you really back to this ‘the world will burn’ stuff?” Proditor sighed. “We ruined your last plan, we’ll ruin this one.”“No, I don’t think you will.” Pulse replied. He reached out his hand, preparing to press a button. “Pirok, Proditor. It’s been nice knowing you.”As he pressed the button, a countdown appeared on a screen above him, and a trapdoor opened below him.“Oh, this isn’t good...” Pirok remarked.- - -Incommodo awoke to find himself seated on a metal chair, in a metal room. Seems like they’re trying to make me feel right at home. The only thing missing is the desk.“Yes, we are aware that the room is very much like your home.” A computerised voice said over a speaker in the top right corner in the room, as though it had read his mind. “The room was specially designed to make you feel welcome, without allowing you to escape.” Note to self: Find an escape route...Suddenly, a section of the wall slid upwards, and Ignotus stepped through.“I wouldn’t suggest trying to escape.”Incommodo put on his most innocent look.“What do you mean?”“You know exactly what I mean.” Ignotus replied. “I’ve done my research. Apparently, you’re the smartest being on Spherus Magna.”“I’m flattered.” Incommodo spat at his captor.“You and I both know it isn’t true.”Incommodo’s face fell a little.“However, you have the keenest observation skills on Spherus Magna, and that’s why I want you to figure out what this is.” Ignotus threw a Kanoka disk to Incommodo.“Well, it’s a disk.” Incommodo observed.“Well done. Now, I will give you the necessary background information.” Ignotus used a small device attached to the side of his head, next to his eye, to project the entire history of the Mystix into Incommodo’s head.“My life is flashing before my eyes!” Incommodo remarked. He then realised he didn’t recognise any of the scenes depicted before him. “No, wait, it’s okay, I think that’s someone else’s life.”“Mine, to be specific.” Ignotus pointed out. Once his long history was inside Incommodo’s head, he turned away. “You have twenty-four hours to figure out how that disk works. If you don’t have it figured out by then...” Ignotus grinned. “I’ll just have to find someone else, won’t I?”

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 3:“Proditor, make a vacuum around the generator.” Pirok said, running towards the trap-door Pulse had fallen through. “I’ll go after Pulse.”“That’s your plan, is it?” Proditor asked. “What if it doesn’t work?”“I’ve thought about it.” Pirok answered.“And?”“The generator will explode, we will die, and then the ship will fall to the ground and end life on Spherus Magna as we know it.” Pirok replied. “See? I’ve thought about it.”Pirok jumped into the trap-door, stepping forward. Looking down, he saw the surface of Spherus Magna below him. How Pulse managed to create a giant sphere and get it into space he would never know. He tapped it with his foot.“Glass.” He commented. He then noticed Pulse wasn’t there. Suddenly, a voice came over a speaker.“Hello, Pirok.” Pulse said. “Yes, I know you’re there, I installed a camera. I am on my way down to the surface of the planet, in an escape pod. Even if you somehow prevent yourselves from being destroyed, the ship will still crash.”“I’m feeling really optimistic today...”- - -The generator exploded, but the flames didn’t spread due to the vacuum. However, Proditor noticed that the ship seemed to be falling. He saw Pirok climbing up.“Let me guess. He got away again?”“Yes.” Pirok replied. He ran over to the ship’s controls. “You don’t suppose you could fly this thing?”“I could try.” Proditor answered. “But it’s not gonna be pretty.”“Just try to steer it into the ocean, I’ll make sure it doesn’t overheat.”- - -A Fikou Spider scuttled along the ground. He had been warned by the others that stars were falling, but he didn’t believe them. He went to the shore of Aqua Magna, before beginning to drink the water. The Sun was setting, and the moon was a beautiful red hue. It seemed bigger than before, and somehow closer. It drew nearer, and the spider scrunched itself up into a ball. It heard a loud splash, and looked up. The Fikou barely had a second to celebrate its survival before a massive wave crashed over it.- - -Incommodo was trying to figure out how to escape. He had no idea how to make the disc work, nor did he have any idea on how to convince Ignotus he couldn’t figure it out without being killed. He was examining the speaker. Finally, he figured out where its power source was. Making a small cut in the wire with a blade, he attempted to create a microphone from what few items he had.- - -Ignotus was sitting in a small office when he heard the speaker.“Hello!” Incommodo shouted. “I’ve escaped! By the way, you should’ve been more careful with security. Really wasn’t a good idea not to have any guards.”Ignotus ran out, and noticed a purple Mystix standing nearby.“You! Go to Incommodo’s cell!” He shouted. “He may be trying to trick us!”Incommodo had been waiting for the Mystix to arrive. As the Mystix entered, he ran out, and the door shut itself behind him.“Now, to get out...”- - -When Ignotus found the Mystix in Incommodo’s cell later, he was surprised, to say the least.“Why are you here?” He growled.“Well, sir, he tricked me.” The purple Mystix answered.“He tricked you, did he?” Ignotus said, dryly.“Yes sir.” The Mystix replied. “He was very clever, sir.”“'Clever'?” Ignotus almost laughed. “He is not ‘clever’. I am clever. He is a fool with good eyesight! And you! You are just a fool!”Ignotus turned around, to address the Mystix behind him.“We must search all of Spherus Magna. We have to find him!”“Sir, that’s...”Ignotus turned, looking directly at the Mystix that had addressed him.“What is it?”“It’s... well, sir, the planet’s massive. He could be anywhere! The whole thing is idiotic. Sir.”Ignotus turned away, and the Mystix who had commented promptly exploded.“Anyone else have any questions? Anyone at all?” He looked around. “No? Good. Now GO AND FIND HIM!” Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 4: Incommodo ran through the corridors. By this point, there were alarms blaring, so they’d obviously found the ‘surprise’ he’d left in his cell. He took a right turn, then a left. Suddenly, he found himself at a dead end. Cursing, he turned around. The Mystix weren’t far away; He could hear them running. Cursing again, he leaned back against the wall, cradling his head in his hands.- - -There was a loud crash when the ship hit the water.“What the Karz was that?” Pirok shouted.“My guess: Whatever should’ve kept us floating.” Proditor replied. Suddenly, the ship lurched to the side, knocking Pirok and Proditor off-balance.“I have a plan!” Pirok said. At this point, red lights were illuminating the ship, so there must have been a secondary power supply. That, or Pulse had a dark sense of humour. Deciding it was a bit of both, Pirok realised that something important was probably damaged when the reached Aqua Magna.“And what might that be?” Proditor asked.“You can use your sword to break the glass, and then we’ll hold our breath and do our best to swim to the surface!”“Wouldn’t it be easier if I just made air bubbles around our heads?” Giving Pirok no time to react, Proditor then smashed the glass. “Geronimo!”- - -Ignotus was seated at his desk when he heard a knock on the door.“Come in.”Two guards walked in, dragging a dark blue figure with them.“Well, well, well. We meet again.”- - -Pirok gasped for air as he reached the surface. Proditor was already there, having propelled himself with water. It had been like a race, with Pirok using his Calix and Proditor using his elemental power.“That.” Pirok said. “Was genius.”“Well, the dead Fikou beside you agrees.”Pirok jumped as he noticed the Rahi beside him.“I. Don’t. Like. SPIDERS!”- - -About an hour later, Pirok was walking through New Atero, headed towards his home. Suddenly, two Agori jumped out in front of him, one blue and light-blue, the other identical except that they were red and orange.“Greetings, traveller.” The blue one said. Pirok noticed that he was holding a shield. “Ah, looking at the shield, are you? A fine piece of workmanship, isn’t it?”“Oh yes.” The red one agreed. “Expensive, too.”“I’d say you could search for... a thousand years?”“More like a hundred.” The red one pointed out.“I’d say you could search for a hundred years and still not find another one quite like it.” The blue one held out his hand. “For you, dear sir, I’d say... about a hundred widgets?”“Out of the way.” Pirok growled, pushing them. The shield fell to the ground and broke. Hah. It was a fake, anyway.Once Pirok reached his home, he sat down. He barely had a minute before he heard a knock at the door. Who the Karz could that be?Opening it, he noticed the one person he definitely wouldn’t have wanted to see.“Oh God.” Pirok sighed. “It’s you.”“Or ‘hello’, as people used to say.” Incommodo replied, as cheerful as ever.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 5: 1 hour earlier...Suddenly, Incommodo fell through the wall. It was an illusion!“Hah!” He shouted. He could see through the wall, now. What he could also see were the Mystix piling into the corridor. “Oh Karz!”- - -“Let her go.” The two guards dropped Aru, for she had been the one who had been brought in. “So, you think you can just stroll back in here?”“Well, actually, I was going to steal the Paradox Disk.” Aru answered.“The Paradox Disk?” Suddenly something dawned on Ignotus. He had left the disk with Incommodo. Incommodo was gone. So was the disk. That Brakas has my disk!- - -Incommodo walked through New Atero. It was a beautiful city, that much could definitely be said. But you didn’t need to walk far to find some scenes that weren’t so beautiful, and at night this was more clear than ever. Matoran lay on streets, homeless, hungry. The same could be said for some of the Agori, but Matoran tended to be worse off. This wasn’t their world, and the Agori and Glatorian knew that.Soon, Incommodo reached a home he recognised. Well, he didn’t recognise the home so much as the signs: ‘Go away’; ‘Turn back now’; ‘Get the Karz out of here’; ‘Inc, this means YOU’.Knocking upon the door, he waited. Suddenly, it was opened. That was quick.“Oh God.” Pirok sighed. “It’s you.”“Or ‘hello’, as people used to say.” Incommodo replied, as cheerful as ever.“What do you want, Inc?” Pirok said. He didn’t have the time or the energy for this.“I was just wondering if we could have a chat about...”“No.” Pirok shut the door in Incommodo’s face, and began to walk away. He barely made it two steps before he heard Inc knock again. “Hello Inc. How nice to see you. Again.“Nice to see you too, Pirok. Can I come in for a...”“No.” Pirok slammed the door yet again. He didn’t walk away this time though, expecting Incommodo to knock again. He was right.Opening the door, Pirok had another sarcastic remark ready, but Inc beat him to it.“Are you going to say no to everything I ask?”Pirok’s mouth opened, then closed again. He looked like a fish having an afterthought.After an awkward silence that lasted a few seconds, he finally gave up.“Come in, Inc.” He sighed.Incommodo sat down.“I hear you’re a detective now?” Pirok said, sitting down.“Yep. I even have one of those little people who follow me around and take note of everything I do. What’re they called again?”“Matoran?” Pirok replied, the sarcasm clear in his voice.“No, I know what a Matoran is.” Incommodo said. Pirok wasn’t so sure. “I mean a Matoran who follows me around, and writes down all my adventures. What would you call someone who does that?”“Delusional?” Pirok answered sarcastically. We’re gonna be here for a while...Suddenly, there was yet another knock on Pirok’s door.He walked over, opening it.“What the Karz do you...”“Out of the way!” The blue Agori from earlier said, running in and hiding behind the seat Incommodo was sitting on.“Don’t mind him, he’s a little insane.” The red Agori said, running in and hiding behind Pirok’s chair.“What are you doing in my house?” Pirok sighed.“Hiding.” The red Agori said.“From whom?” Pirok asked.“From... HIM!” The blue Agori screamed.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 6: “He has the disk.” Ignotus muttered, astounded by the massive hole in the plan. “Get Laz.”- - -Proditor ran into the room, sword in hand.“Why do people keep coming into my house?” Pirok asked, exasperated. “There are signs!”“Apologies.” Proditor said, sheathing his sword. He then noticed the two Agori. “You!The blue Agori found himself being picked up by the throat.“Proditor, put him down.” Pirok sighed. Proditor was usually alright, but he occasionally became violent.“But...”“Put. Him. Down.”“Fine.” Proditor dropped the Agori, who immediately began gasping for air.“Now, why the Karz did you do that?” Pirok asked.“They ripped me off.” Proditor answered.“On what?”“A money-making machine.”“Hey, it was your fault.” The blue Agori said. “You bought the pile of...”Invention.” The red one cut in.“Yeah, you bought the invention.” The blue Agori corrected.“And you thought it was real?” Pirok chose to ignore the two Agori.“Metal goes in the top, money comes out the bottom.” The red Agori explained.“Except it doesn’t.” Proditor said.“You signed the contract.” The blue Agori replied.“Contract?” Pirok was confused.“Proof of purchase.” The red one explained.“Legal.” The blue one added.“Binding.”“No returns.”“No replacements.”No refunds.” The blue Agori finished.“Alright, I’ll give you a choice.” Pirok said. “You can pay him back, or we can take the money from you.”“You wouldn’t dare.” The two Agori hit the street with an audible, and most likely painful, thump.“We’ll be back!” The red Agori shouted, shaking his fist.“You’ll be sorry!” The blue one added.- - -Far, far below the ground, beneath the dirt, beneath the ocean, beyond any sign of life, Vorex stirred.The Paradox Eater was the only one of his kind, hidden away below the earth, forgotten except in myths and legends. But before he had gone, he had left a token, one item to prove he still existed: The Paradox Disk.A mysterious disk carved by Vorex himself, it could permanently sustain any paradox, any temporal anomaly. In the wrong hands, it could destroy a universe. And until recently, it was in the wrong hands. But Vorex could sense that a new plan was being formed in the mind of the Mystix leader, and that he himself was very much in danger. Because there was still one person who knew how to find him...

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 7:“You have failed me, Laz.” Ignotus said. His hand was crushed into a fist, and it was obvious that he was on the very verge of punching the teal Mystix sat in front of him. “He may have escaped like you predicted, but he escaped with the Disk.”“Calm down, there’s always plan B.” Either Laz hadn’t noticed Ignotus was angry, or he didn’t care.“You made no mention of a plan B.” Ignotus commented.“Well, you wouldn’t really mention that a plan B may be necessary if you were trying to sell someone a plan, would you?” Laz replied. “There’s someone who can help us.”“But we need the Paradox Disk.”“No we don’t. Not if we can have the person who made it...”- - -“So, Incommodo, you were saying?” Pirok sat back down.“Oh, yes. So, I’ve found something big.” Incommodo began.“How big?” Pirok asked.“I don’t know. But it involves evil bird-things.”“And what are these ‘evil bird-things’ trying to do?”“That’s the thing. I’m not entirely sure.”“So there are bird things, but you don’t know what they’re doing?” Pirok was beginning to get a headache. “I’m confused.”“It’s a big club.” Incommodo replied. “We should get T-shirts.”“What are... nevermind.” Pirok thought better of getting Incommodo to explain what ‘T-shirts’ were. “Do you have any idea of what they’re trying to do?”“Well, I do know they want this.” Incommodo took out the Paradox Disk. “And I think I know someone who can explain what it is...”- - -Unfortunately, Laz also new the someone who could explain what it was. In fact, that person had already explained what it was to Laz.The being was a Matoran, seemingly like any other. However, this Matoran was unique.Once an inhabitant of Metru-Nui, the Matoran’s Pod had fallen off the Lhikan, leaving it in the ocean. However, the pod was faulty, and sank, before breaking open upon hitting the sea bed. While the power of the Vahi leaked out, some of it reached the Matoran. One of the effects made the Matoran immortal; Another allowed him to see all of time and space anytime he shut his eyes. Therefore, he literally knew everything.And Laz planned to use that.“So, I don’t suppose you know where the Paradox Disk’s creator is?” Laz asked.The Pakari-wearing Ta-Matoran looked up.“Vorex?” The Matoran’s bright green eyes seemed empty, and lifeless. “I haven’t seen him in a long, long time.”“But do you know where he is?”“Yes.” The Matoran answered, simply.“Well, tell me where.” Laz sighed.“Deep, deep, below the earth...”“Just get to the point.”The Matoran seemed upset that Laz had interrupted his prophecy.“He’s in a hidden cave. You’ll find the entrance in the Black Spike Mountains.”“Thank you.” Laz left the small room the Matoran had been trapped in. He had told Ignotus it would be a good idea to capture the Matoran before anyone else got to him, in case he moved after they first asked him for help.- - -Vorex shivered. The cavern he was in was incredibly dark, lit only by bubbling green pools of luminous liquid and green veins that seemed to pulse on the walls.Danger. He thought. I’m in danger... Edited by Vorex: Paradox Eater

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 8: “Incommodo, why exactly are we headed towards the remains of the Matoran Universe?” Pirok asked. Well, he asked it very loudly, as it turned out it was difficult to hear other people (or, for that matter, yourself) when one was riding a Kikanalo.“There’s a Matoran I knew, he should be able to help us!” Incommodo shouted back. Soon, they could see the massive robot that had once been their home.- - -Ignotus and Laz flew over the Bara Magna Desert. They were headed north, towards what was once the location of Roxtus, and what was still the location of the Black Spike Mountains. However, flight was not the most inconspicuous form of travel; It was improbable that they would not be noticed by any beings near the desert.And that was exactly how the three Kikanalo-riding beings spotted them.“Hey, what’re those?” Proditor had gotten used to the animals of Spherus Magna, but he didn’t believe he had seen any like the ones that flew overhead before.“They’re the bird-things I mentioned!” Incommodo said. “I think it may be better if we stall our meeting, and follow them, don’t you?”Nodding in agreement, Pirok set off after the two Mystix.“Hey! Wait up!” Incommodo shouted, following Pirok.- - -Unfortunately, however hard they tried, they would not reach the Mystix’s destination in time to stop them.“You stay here.” Laz said, walking towards the mouth of the cave. “I’ll go in.”“Why can’t I?” Ignotus asked.“Because, a: it would be too dangerous; and b: someone needs to keep guard, and it’s not gonna be me.” Laz continued into the cave.“Brakas.” Ignotus muttered, turning away, in time to see three Kikanalo nearing their location...- - -As Laz walked further into the cave, all the light seemed to disappear. In fact, the only reasons he could still see were that the years he’d spent living in darkness had granted him excellent night-vision, and that glowing green veins snaked along the walls, giving some illumination. Soon he emerged into a cavern, where bubbling pools of green liquid lit up what appeared to be a shrine at the centre. And seated in the centre...Was Vorex.- - -Pirok was the first to reach the mountains, and noticed Ignotus standing guard.“That’s their leader.” Incommodo explained, pointing at Ignotus.Unfortunately for Incommodo, Ignotus could also see him. Magnetising the three Kikanalo together, he retreated to within the tunnel.- - -Vorex stood up, turning to face Laz. Strangely, his mask appeared to glow dimly.“The Tahk, Mask of Fear.” Laz began; “Anyone who looks at the user will instead see their own worst fear. One problem: Power over fear is useless over one who fears nothing.”“And yet you still see me.” Vorex observed. His voice was like a whisper, almost silent, yet it could still be easily understood. “Would one who feared nothing not see nothing? Perhaps it is I that you fear.”“Impossible.” Laz said. “I have never seen you before in my life.”“Not in this life.” Vorex replied, cryptically.“Enough of your riddles!” Laz shouted. “You know what I want.”“The Paradox Disk.” Vorex sighed.“No, a Paradox Disk. I want you to make a new one.”“The original took years to craft.”“But to create another would take seconds.”Vorex nodded, to show he understood. Raising his arms, a glowing circle of purple light appeared over his head, before becoming solid stone and falling into his hands.“You have what you want.” He said. “Now let me be.”“Oh, I’m afraid we can’t do that.” Ignotus explained, strolling into the cavern. He took the new Paradox Disk from Vorex. “It is time,” He began; “To herald in a new age. A new era. A new timeline altogether!And in a flash of purple, Ignotus was gone.- - -Meanwhile, on the surface, the ground began to shake. Incommodo, who had successfully climbed off his Kikanalo, noticed the Paradox disk on the ground. Take the disk.Obeying the voice, Incommodo grabbed it. Pirok and Proditor noticed a purple light coming off the disk.“Hey, what’re you doing with that?!” Pirok asked, trying to pull the disk out of Incommodo’s hands, and Proditor doing the same. Suddenly, there was a flash of light.When it cleared, Pirok’s jaw dropped open.“What the...”

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 9: It was impossible to tell what Pirok was gaping at, the scenery or the lack thereof. The sky was dark, the sand was grey and seemed to stretch on forever, and the mountains in front of which they had once stood had simply disappeared.“The world is screwed up!” Pirok exclaimed. “This is your fault!”“How the Karz is it my fault?” Incommodo asked.“Because it is.” Pirok replied, sulking.“Look, if we’re going to find out what happened, we may as well do it together.” Proditor pointed out. He had decided that, due to the lack of maturity between Pirok and Incommodo, he would have to be the voice of reason.“Proditor, I trust you infinitely...”“Which is why you tried to kill him.” Incommodo mumbled.Pirok ignored Incommodo and carried on.“But I really don’t think we have to work with... with him.” He sighed.“I don’t see why not.” Proditor said. “C’mon, let’s head towards New Atero.”And like that, the three of them set off towards what had never been the location of New Atero, not anymore. But they did not yet know this. Nor would they discover it anytime soon, or, at least, not anytime soon enough. For other events were taking place, in other places. However much they seeked to simply return home, destiny had other plans in mind...- - -Ignotus sat in his castle, ruler of all that he surveyed. This world was his; This universe was his. The Mystix Empire stretched to the stars, and so much further.And no-one had ever stood in their way.But baleful eyes stared at Ignotus. The eyes in question belonged to Laz, Ignotus’ second-in-command. Laz did not believe his intelligence was appreciated by Ignotus; All he had him do now was plan out battle strategies. Ignotus wouldn’t even have gotten off Mata-Nui if it hadn’t been for him. He didn’t deserve his position as leader...But Laz knew all the traditions. And he knew that the Emperor’s killer would take his place. All he had to do was kill Ignotus...But the real question was how to do it.- - -The Matoran watched as the events played in his head. The places were set: The hero, prepared to fight the battle when the war had already been lost; The villain, seated upon his undeserved throne; The traitor, already scheming against his master; And the player, moving the pieces as he wished in a battle against his enemy.And he was about to make his first move...But he was not the only player. Vorex, too, could see the events as they unfolded, and had his own motives. The beings on the ground were pawns, and the Matoran and Vorex were the kings, unable to meet on the battlefield, sending their pieces to fight for them, to settle their scores, the blood of others being spilt to repay their debts.And that was just the way they liked it.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 10: As the narrator of this story, and the one who must get this tale across to you, the reader, I must admit that I will have to return to a time before this story had even begun in order that you should fully understand it. So, I take you to a time, one thousand and two years before our story truly began...- - -Ignotus found himself standing on Mata-Nui.“It worked!” He cried. It didn’t take him long to figure out he’d have to kill this timeline’s Ignotus, and take his place. It was much easier to do than he thought; A simple blow to the back of the head took care of it nicely. Then, he called Kraal to his side.“Kraal,” he said; “I know you are one of my most loyal servants. I have brought you here to warn you that there is a traitor in our midst.”“Who? Agira? Zar? Laz, even?” Kraal asked. There were few Mystix that opposed Ignotus’ rule, but those that did were infamous among the others. “No. Aru.” Ignotus replied, grinning.Kraal was shocked.“But... she has always been loyal to the Mystix!”“The people who are trying to take this island from us, she has... sympathy for them.” Ignotus spat the word ‘sympathy’ out like it was poison. It was not an emotion he liked to associate himself with. “I need you... to kill her.”“As you wish, Emperor.” Inside, Kraal was very much angered by Ignotus’ request. But he had to do what he had to do...- - -From a non-linear, unbiased viewpoint, time isn’t really a straight line of cause to effect. It’s like a lot of stuff, all mixed up together, in a thousand shapes beyond your ability to imagine. Now, every now and then, someone does something to change time’s proper course. Well, every time that this happens, a new universe is formed, and all in one moment, the old universe is wiped away, and there’s another collection of stuff in its place. Now, this doesn’t work as you might think it would; Think of time like a pond. If you drop something in it, ripples will spread. Now, as you know, ripples continue to get bigger and bigger, until the whole pond is affected.Now, when Ignotus had Kraal make an attempt on Aru’s life, he dropped something into the pond. And so the ripples spreaded; The Mystix took control of Mata-Nui, then the whole Matoran Universe. Soon, the Ignika’s countdown finished, and all the MU inhabitants died. But by this point, the Mystix had perfected space-travel, and could travel to Bara Magna, and beyond. Ignotus himself stayed on Bara Magna, and had a castle built for himself in the location that had been New Atero. But a thousand years of service did not help the Mystix’s loyalty; A number of revolutions had risen up. They were all taken care of by Laz, who told nothing of any of the events to Ignotus, planning to build tensions until they were unbearable and the empire simply fell apart, in need of a new leader.- - -In the game of chess, there are two kinds of player: Defensive, and offensive. Vorex preferred to build up his defences, but the Matoran was preparing to attack, as he moved the pawns that were Pirok, Proditor and Incommodo ever closer to Vorex’s king, Ignotus.Soon, the three Toa had reached the site they had known as New Atero. But something was very, very wrong.A massive black structure rose up in front of them, towers and pillars rising up from it, stained glass windows watching over the sands of Bara Magna. It was a twisted, evil structure, much like the twisted, evil beings that lurked within.“I don’t think we’re on Spherus Magna anymore...” Pirok muttered.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 11: Unknown to the three Toa, they were being watched.Two pairs of eyes, one blue, the other red, stared at them.“They look gullible.” The blue-eyed being said.“And rich.” The red eyes pointed out. “Y’see those fancy masks? I bet they’re worth a fortune!”“Let’s go then!”Proditor turned as he heard footsteps walking up behind him, drawing his sword. Pirok could hear Proditor doing this.“What’s that?” He asked, not looking round.“Not good...”- - -It was unknown exactly how or why one, single Matoran had survived the Ignika’s countdown, only that he had. Not only this, but the Matoran had stowed away upon a Mystix ship, travelling to Bara Magna. He happened upon a cave, in which he stayed.However, the fact of the matter was that his ability to see all of time was now near enough useless. He had full knowledge of time’s proper course, not this one. Paradoxes were Vorex’s area of expertise, but Vorex’s ability did not allow him to see the timeline. The only things the Matoran knew were the course of time until Ignotus had arrived, and exactly which points in time were fixed in place.But the peace in his cave came to an end when his own immortal enemy chose to enter.“You shouldn’t have come.” The Matoran whispered.“I had to know.” Vorex hissed in reply.“What, is universal destruction not enough to feast on?” The Matoran asked.“It is, but only as long as the Six are not united.”“And what does it matter to you? Without you, there would only be five.”“You know as well as I do that the Disk could be used as a substitute.”“But I don’t know where the other four are.” The Matoran lied.“Yes you do.” Vorex hissed. He could tell easily that the Matoran was lying. “He’s one of them, isn’t he?”“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”“Is he or is he not a Time-Keeper?” There was silence.Seeing he would get no more information from the Matoran, Vorex stormed out of the cave. I’ll get to them. No-one will stand in my way. This universe is mine to feed on, and mine alone. I will not allow his interference...

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 12: Pirok turned around, slowly.“Oh Karz.”“Hello!” The blue Agori shouted.“Greetings!” The red one said.“We would like to make a business offer!”“It’s not often one sees someone trying to access the Mystix fortress.”“Especially without weapons.”“I’ll show him ‘without weapons’...” Proditor growled, reaching for his sword, only to find Pirok stopping him.“Don’t. Let them talk. Then we knock them unconscious.” Pirok whispered to his friend.“Well, we wanted to offer you a special offer.” Red said, not hearing the two Toa talking.Very special.” Blue added.“It’s called the Death Stick.” Red pulled what appeared to be a long stick seemingly out of nowhere.“It has amazing power.”Incommodo could be seen trying to figure out if he had any spare widgets in his armour.“Let me look at that...” Pirok grinned as he pulled the stick out of the Agori’s hand. “Wow, looks really interesting.”Pirok hit it against a nearby rock, breaking it in two. “Oops.”Proditor laughed as Incommodo’s face fell into an expression of disappointment. It almost looked like he was going to cry.“You alright there, Inc?” Proditor joked.The two Agori stormed off, obviously angered at the three Toa.“Enough.” Pirok said. “If we’re gonna find out what’s happened, we’d best go into that ominous-looking castle.”“Ominous? That’s the best you can think of?” Incommodo sighed, walking towards the door.“Inc, what the Karz are you doing?” Pirok asked.“I’m going to be polite, and knock.” Incommodo then noticed the door-knocker was made out of what appeared to be a Toa’s face. “On second thoughts, that may not be such a good idea.”“What tipped you off, the dark and twisted appearance, or the fact that someone pulled Tahu’s head off and stuck it on the door?” Proditor sighed. “Can’t you just use magnetism to blow the door in?”“I didn’t think of that.” Incommodo said, looking like he was thinking about something. “Now that I do think of it, however, it seems like a pretty good idea.”Incommodo held out his hand, and the doors flew inwards. “There we are.”- - -Long, long ago, the blueprints for the legendary mask, the Kanohi Vahi, were drawn up by the creators of Mata-Nui. When the Vahi was created, it would seek out six beings, six beings who would never be missed, but who could be trusted with taking care of an important artefact, carved by the Great Beings themselves: The Key of Time.One of the beings chosen was the Matoran. When his canister fell off the Lhikan, he would be assumed dead. And, due the pods, no-one would ever remember he had existed. He made a good candidate.Another of the Chosen Six, the Time-Keepers, was Vorex. His life was ‘lost’ in the destruction of Ta-Koro by the Rahkshi. He had been a Matoran there, but he hadn’t escaped in time. However, Vorex was unlike the other five. He had found an artefact, the Kanohi Tahk, Mask of Fear. It changed him both physically and mentally into a monster, a creature born of fear itself, and soon chose to betray the others, and take the key for himself.However, the Matoran had foreseen this, and the other five Time-Keepers split the key into six, one piece held by each of them. Vorex held a piece, too.He planned to take the other pieces for himself, but he found that he could not. All five of the others had fled to different parts of the Matoran Universe, beyond his reach. The only one he could find was their leader, the Matoran. They made each other their nemeses, and they engaged each other in an eternal war. In any battle in the Matoran Universe, they each took their own side, forcing the fools to fight as they would wish them. The Destiny War, the Makuta-Dark Hunter War, the battle against Teridax during his reign of shadows, they were all begun by either Vorex or the Matoran planting a single thought in the mind of the being who began the conflict, each one a small battle when compared to the great war in which one Time-Keeper fought against the other.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 13:Ignotus sat on his throne, tapping his fingers absent-mindedly. Little did he know that his fortress was under what would turn out to be a very short-lived attack.As Incommodo, Pirok and Proditor charged in through the door, they were met almost immediately by a vast number of Mystix guards.“Somehow I get the feeling that they aren’t friendly.” Incommodo noted.“What was your first clue, the guns, or the fact that they’re using them to shoot at us?!” Proditor said sarcastically, turning to face Incommodo.Fortunately for the three, the guns were only being used in an attempt to stun them. The Mystix themselves had been ordered to prevent any intruders getting far once they’d entered, before bringing them to Ignotus. However, the three Toa would prove to be more of a difficulty than they had expected.“I’ll teleport over there, you jump over them, and Proditor can stand back and watch while making sarcastic remarks.” Incommodo explained, ducking with the others into a corridor.“Your plan has captured my personality perfectly in every way except one.” Proditor replied.“And what might that be?”Proditor didn’t answer, instead sending a gust of wind at all the guards, leaving them struggling to pick themselves up off the floor.“That.”- - -Laz glared at the three-dimensional hologram of the castle on the table in front of him. The image was kept up-to-date by cameras all over the building.He watched as the three Toa tried to get to... somewhere. Laughing, he turned the image around with a flick of his hand to look at Ignotus. It would appear the Mystix leader was unaware. Good.Laz locked the doors that led to Ignotus’ throne room, as well as locking off the corridor in which the Toa were currently situated at one end. But instead of forcing them to go against the guards, he was allowing them to escape, and doing it deliberately. He continued to lock doors, creating a path that led directly to the throne room, but in such a way that they would not be confronted by guards. Once they had reached it, he would of course unlock those doors as well, but for now he would watch their foolish quest to defeat Ignotus. He may as well get some help from others in terms of trying to kill the Emperor.- - -“I’m beginning to get a bit suspicious.” Incommodo remarked, as they walked through the corridors. No guards had attacked them in a while; Not just that, but only one exit remained open at each corridor.“Really? Y’know, I’m not feeling suspicious at all.” Proditor said, the sarcasm very much obvious.“That’s strange.” Unlike most people, Incommodo had little to no understanding of sarcasm.Proditor turned to Pirok.“What kind of idi...”“Shut up, he has the hearing of a Toa of Sonics.” Pirok whispered to his friend.“Actually, I’d say my hearing was by far superior.” Incommodo pointed out, having shamelessly listened in on the other two Toa’s conversation.“Well you would, wouldn’t you?” Proditor muttered, receiving a glare from Pirok.Soon, they reached gold-plated doors, skulls carved into the surface, and what appeared to be a carving of Ignotus’ face for each handle.“Well, I think we’ve reached wherever the leader is.” Incommodo observed.Really?” Proditor was prepared to utter a particularly foul insult at Pirok, but was interrupted by the doors creaking open.“Enter.” Ignotus hissed from within.- - -Ignotus had noticed the doors locking. He suspected it had something to do with Laz. He should probably have never given him control over all electrical systems in the castle, but it was too late now.The three Toa walked in, Incommodo drawing two blades, Proditor unsheathing his sword, and Pirok lighting his hands on fire.“Nice to see you again, Incommodo.” Ignotus laughed as he saw the Toa of Magnetism. “A pleasure to meet you two as well. Pirok and Proditor, I believe?”“How do you know our names?” Pirok asked, shocked.“When I changed the timeline, I gained knowledge of every other existing timeline, limited only to what my alternate selves know.” Ignotus explained.“Changed the timeline?” Incommodo repeated, not fully understanding.“Is there an echo in here?” Ignotus joked. But his voice then took on a more serious tone; “The Paradox Disk. You do know what that disk was, don’t you?“It gives the holder the ability to permanently sustain any paradox. In my case, I killed a traitor, allowing the Mystix to take control of the universe. And the best part is, you three are paradoxes yourselves. At this point, you’re all dead.”Ignotus chuckled as he finished.“Well, if we’re dead, I suppose you won’t be able to stop us killing you.” Proditor readied his sword. “Because I’m more than willing to try.” Edited by Vorex: Paradox Eater

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 14: Ignotus chuckled as he stood up to face the Toa of Air.“Proditor, the one who has died so many times, die once more.” A beam of purple energy flew from Ignotus’ hand, enveloping Proditor, and leaving nothing but a pile of dust behind. “Who’s next?”Pirok lunged forward at Ignotus.“I’ll kill him!”Incommodo, however, attempted to restrain the Toa of Fire.“Don’t.” He said. “He’ll only kill you, too.”However angry Pirok may have been, he could not doubt that there was truth in Incommodo’s words.Incommodo then let go of Pirok, and began retreating through the door.“That’s better.” Ignotus smirked. “Now run.”- - -Laz had unlocked the corridors, and watched as the Toa ran through them, chuckling to himself. He then lifted a small device.“Capture them – do as little harm as possible – then lock them in the dungeon.”- - -One of the Mystix guards was holding a similar device, and heard Laz’s orders.“Capture them!” He shouted. “He wants them alive!- - -Pirok ducked, a shot from a Mystix gun narrowly missing and leaving a scorch-mark on the wall above him.“Incommodo, this doesn’t exactly seem good.” He sighed. “Do you have a plan yet?”“I’m working on it!” Incommodo replied, pulling on of his blades out of the back of a Mystix guard and turning to elbow another in the face. He then ran onwards into a circular room, in which he counted six exits.“Which way do we go?” Pirok asked, running in after Incommodo and turning to throw a fireball at a white Mystix behind him.“This way!” Incommodo ran towards an exit, only to find it full of Mystix. “No, this way!”However, Incommodo was soon forced back in to the centre as Mystix guards filled the room. A grey one then stepped out from the crowd.“Gentlemen,” Kraal began; “It would appear that you have lost.”

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 15: Pirok grunted as he was thrown into the room, landing on Incommodo, who gave a small squeak.“Could you please... get off me?” Incommodo managed to say.Doing as Incommodo asked, Pirok stood up, and hit his fist against the wall.“We’re screwed now. You do realise that, right?” The Toa of Fire sighed.Incommodo didn’t answer, instead fiddling around with a small golden object.“Incommodo? Are you even listening to me?”“Hm? Oh, yes. We’re screwed. Got it.” Incommodo still hadn’t looked up.“What the Karz is that?” Pirok snatched the golden object from Incommodo, examining it.“I don’t know.” Incommodo replied, taking it back. “I’ve had it as long as I can remember.”Unnoticed to either of the two Toa, it began to give off a soft glow.- - -The dungeon used by the Mystix was quite unusual.First of all, the dungeon had existed before the castle; The large stone room had been discovered while the castle was still being built.The second reason was that the Mystix did not often take prisoners, leaving the room almost useless. A lone Agori skeleton hung limply from a wall, but that was all.So the Mystix would have been just as surprised as Pirok or Incommodo to see a Turaga emerging from the shadows in the corner of the room.“Greetings.” The Turaga said, stepping forward. The Turaga was a mix of greens; His mask and arms were lime, but his body was dark, along with his legs.His right hand rested on a wooden stick, which he leaned on as he walked towards the two Toa. “Your sentiments are quite disturbing.”“The truth often is.” Pirok replied. “Surely you, in all the wisdom you have as a Turaga would know that.”“The truth can be disturbing, but even more so a lie taken in its place.” A solemn expression was present on the noble Miru worn by the Turaga.“You say you have no hope, and yet you have eachother. If you have eachother, you have Unity. If you have unity, you can perform your Duty. And if you can perform your duty... then you can complete your Destiny!” The Turaga tapped Pirok’s heartstone with his stick as he finished.“But we’re never going to get out of here!” Pirok was growing tired of the Turaga’s ramblings.“All things may not be as they seem.” The Turaga explained. “Hold the Disk. It will show you a truth beyond what the eye considers possible.”Incommodo took out the Paradox Disk, returning the golden object, and his eyes seemed to widen.“Pirok? You may want to have a look at this...”Pirok took the disk from Incommodo’s hands and gasped as he saw a stone archway appear, seemingly from nowhere, in place of one of the walls.“Well, come on!” Incommodo said, running towards the location he remembered as that of the archway, only to hit the wall with a thump and fall flat on his back.“Inc, why don’t you just follow me?” Pirok sighed, walking through the archway.As Incommodo walked after Pirok, he looked back at the Turaga, and saw him wink and hold up a glowing golden object, and vanish in a puff of smoke.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 16:Pirok continued to hold the Paradox Disk as he and Incommodo walked through the tunnels.“So.” Pirok said.“So what?” Incommodo asked.“Just... so.”Incommodo was slightly confused by Pirok’s behaviour, but that was not entirely unusual. In truth, the only people he ever really understood were criminals.Incommodo’s history with Pirok was a long one. Centuries before, he had been in some ‘financial difficulty’, and had happened upon Pirok. Pirok, at this point, was trying to find Proditor, as he believed he had killed his best friend (an unfortunate, and nearly fatal, misunderstanding), as he had been banished from Le-Koro, supposedly for killing a Matoran. Pirok’s friend had disappeared at the same time, so he couldn’t help being a bit suspicious.Pirok agreed to give Incommodo the money he needed, on the conditioned that he payed it all back and helped Pirok to find Proditor.Half of the money was given in advance, and the two set off. Unfortunately, an avalanche separated them, and Pirok went on without Incommodo, who went back and spent the rest of his time on Mata-Nui in Onu-Koro.In the war during the Reign of Shadows, the two Toa came across each other yet again, but this time Pirok was accompanied by Proditor. Soon, Pirok explained to Incommodo how Proditor’s banishment had been a set-up (masterminded by Pulse, who appeared earlier in this tale), and that Proditor was, in fact, Pirok’s lost friend.Thinking about the other Toa’s complex social-life was beginning to give Incommodo aa headache, and it was only by chance that he noticed that Pirok had stopped walking, and was now gaping at what appeared to be thin air.But appearances can be deceiving, as what Pirok saw was not thin air, although he almost wished it was.Standing awkwardly in front of Pirok was a figure he had never expected to see again.Suddenly, the figure straightened himself up, and cleared his throat.“You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”- - -Proditor chuckled as Pirok stared at him."The look on your face," He began; "Is absolutely priceless.""You're dead." Pirok muttered."You know what, I didn't notice." Proditor snapped back. "Sorry for how sharp I was there, recent events have left me feeling not quite like myself.""You shouldn't be feeling anything! You just died!""Pirok? Are you okay?" There was a worried expression on Incommodo's face."Well, it would appear the blue moron lasted longer than I did. That really makes me feel better."Pirok almost laughed he was so relieved his friend was still alive."How did you survive?""Em... I'm not sure how to tell you this, but... I didn't. I'm not really Proditor; I'm his shadow.I'm kind of a leftover, an echo, part of something that passed on that just managed to stay behind. That's why I say shadow. The one thing which never truly leaves you, even after death."As for how I became a Shadow, I attempted to survive Ignotus' attack by using my Iden. But, it turns out, the combination of being a spirit, having no body to return to, and being a paradox left me like this." Proditor spread out his arms and did a small twirl. "Not that I'm complaining, mind. Anything'd be preferable to death.""Pirok? Who are you talking to?" Incommodo looked very much worried as he walked towards his friend.Pirok looked to Proditor."Why can't he see you?" Pirok asked. Proditor gave no answer, instead nodding towards the disk Pirok held in his hands. "Incommodo, hold this for a second.""Sure." Incommodo said, taking the Disk. "Oh my god..."As he saw Proditor giving a small wave, Incommodo fell back in a dead faint. Edited by Vorex: Paradox Eater

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 17: Pirok glared at Proditor.“What?” Proditor asked. “It was just a little fun. It’s not like anyone likes him.”“Why, exactly, don’t you like him?”“He’s blue.” Proditor shrugged. “Blue is a girl colour.”“Well, we should probably head on through the tunnel. We can come back for him later.”“Or, we could head on through the tunnel, and not come back for him later.”Pirok folded his arms.“Fine, we come back for him.”Pirok kept his arms folded.“And we come back while he’s still alive.”Pirok raised a non-existent eyebrow.“And isn’t about to die.”“Thankyou.”- - -For those of you readers who are faint of heart, or who prefer to shrink away from that which you fear, I suggest you read no further. Pretend that the two Toa found their way out of the tunnel, and went back for Incommodo. Imagine that they fixed the timeline, and everyone lived happily ever after.This is not what happened. Perhaps it is what you wish happened, but it still is not. So I warn you once more: Read no further.- - -As Pirok and Proditor walked on, they failed to notice a sign written in Matoran:The Chamber of Lost SoulsBut, the version of Matoran it was written in was unusual, as ‘Lost Souls’ is written as one word, with more than one meaning. The second...Was ‘Shadows’.- - -Pirok noticed something flitting across the tunnel in the corner of his eye, but payed no attention to it. The dark played tricks on one’s mind.But, alas, this was no trick, for Proditor had seen and ignored it as well. And soon, they saw a light in front of them.“Do you see that?” Proditor asked.“Looks like we’ve found a way out!” Pirok shouted, running towards the opening. But he jumped back in horror as he saw what was there...Toa, Matoran, Turaga, Skakdi – The beings of the Matoran Universe. Some were missing limbs, others were missing heads and armour, and they seemed to smell of death itself. Occasionally, some blood could be seen, on one Vortixx in particular, who appeared to have died quite a painful death, as he was missing an eye, an arm and a number of fingers.But more terrible than the sight of all these dead, rotting corpses, more terrible than anything either of the two Toa could recognise about the beings, was the fact that they were moving.The movement was jerky, unnatural, and drove fear into the very hearts of Pirok and Proditor. Their eyes glowed with a dim light, almost like a flickering flame. They moved with a surprising amount of speed, and soon were getting very close to the two Toa, and Pirok was forced to duck back as one lunged forward at him.The one who had lunged fell over, their head disconnecting with a sickening crack, and Pirok was disgusted as he turned and saw the zombie reattach its head, but at a strange angle, giving it an even more unnatural and terrifying appearance.“We’re screwed.” Proditor muttered, drawing his sword.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 18: The zombie lunged at Pirok yet again, and the Toa of Fire jumped back, only to bump into another, who made a grab at him. Proditor, however, was being ignored by them.“Why are they all after me?” Pirok then noticed an arm crawling along the ground towards him, and incinerated it. The zombies were pushing him back, he could tell. They were trying to stop him reaching the entrance. He then noticed another zombie grabbing at his arms.Hold on... grabbing at his arms? Why would they be grabbing at his arms? How would that help them kill him?Pirok looked down, and noticed the disk in his left hand. The disk. They want the disk.“Proditor, I think they’re trying to get the disk!”“Of course! They’re other Shadows!” Proditor hit himself in the face. “They must be trying to get the disk so that the paradox sustained is switched from you to them.”“Well, what should we do?”“Run, maybe?”“They’ll kill us if we take our eyes off them!”“You don’t know that.” Blood spilled out of the mouth of a nearby Shadow as it roared at them. “On second thoughts, run backwards!”- - -“You look really stupid right now.” Proditor said, as the two ran backwards, the Shadows crawling towards them with surprising speed.“It was your idea.”“Point taken.”Pirok stopped and turned to go around a corner, and then felt a hand on his shoulder. Terrified, he began to turn...“Nice of you to leave me back there.” Incommodo said.“Inc, now is not the time.”“Why not?”“I am being chased by undead paradoxes. Undead paradoxes which are invisible unless you have the disk.”“Who you gonna call?”“Wuh?” Pirok looked confused as he threw a fireball at another zombie which had come ‘round the corner.“Nevermind, that joke was wasted on you.”“What joke?”“Just forget it. So, you want to get past the paradoxes?”“Yeah.”“So why don’t you just take the side-tunnel?”“What side-tunnel?”“That one.” Incommodo pointed at a side-tunnel.“Oh.”- - -Incommodo and Pirok ran through the tunnel, Proditor not far behind, and the zombies even less so.“So... I had a really weird dream.”“Really?”“Yeah. Proditor was still alive.”Proditor appeared beside Incommodo, but invisible to him.“I repeat: Blue moron.”The three Toa then saw the tunnel’s opening up ahead. They were about to escape!But suddenly, a figure appeared in front of them, blocking their way.Go no further.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 19: Pirok looked down at the Matoran who had decided to block their path.“Look,” He began; “It’s nothing personal, but we really have to get past.”“I repeat: Go no further.Pirok stepped forward into the light, and the Matoran’s eyes seemed to widen.“The Disk...” He muttered. “We must leave this place, the Shadows will stop at nothing to secure that disk for their master.”“You’re telling me.” Proditor was clearly unimpressed.The Matoran began to walk quickly away from them, and the three Toa followed, Incommodo taking the time to look back and see the wall seal over.“You are indeed a strange duo.” The Matoran said, not turning around. “Two members of a species long-lost, far away from home, with three shadows.“Yeah, well...” Incommodo started to say, before noticing a third shadow on the ground beside his and Pirok’s. “Wait, how the Karz did that get there?”“Propechies have told of the two with the three shadows, destined to unite a wandering people and save a lost world.“I can only hope they are right...”- - -As the four beings exited the cave, they were being watched by Vorex.“So, there are Four in the one place.” He said, looking vaguely angry. “He is foolish to attempt to unite them, with or without the Disk...”- - -“How do you hope to defeat the Mystix?” Night had fallen, and the Matoran sat by a fire along with the three Toa.“We don’t know.” Pirok sighed, looking down. “They appear to be undefeatable.”“They are weak.” The Matoran explained. “They have no Unity, nor do they have a Duty or a Destiny, other than defeat.”“You’re the second person to quote the Virtues to us today.” Pirok commented.“Really?” The Matoran seemed surprised. “And who was the first?”“A Turaga we encountered in the Mystix’ dungeon.”“Interesting...” The Matoran appeared to be intrigued by this information, but thought it best not to mention the extinction of the Matoran species, in fear of causing the two Toa to ask awkward questions. “You should go to Atero at dawn. There is an Agori there, named Raanu, who may be of some assistance.”“Assistance in what?” Pirok asked.“The final battle. The grand finale. The last stand.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 20: “I am not sure that this should work.” Raanu sighed. “We have fought for our freedom before, but their fortress is too well defended. We’ve never even gotten past the gates!”“But we have something that you never had before.” Incommodo grinned.“And what might that be?”“We have a way in.- - -Pirok stood before Tuma, showing no fear in the slightest despite the fact that he most certainly felt it. He had heard tales of the huge Skrall, and had vowed to himself that he would do his best never to be found in his presence. But extraordinary circumstances called for extraordinary measures.“And why should we unite with them?” The Skrall leader asked.“There is going to be a final stand against the Mystix. One last battle.”“They hate us. After our takeover, they refuse to go anywhere near us due to our ‘warlike nature’.”“Won’t this ‘warlike nature’ be useful to them, now, of all times? You need to unite. You are thirsty for a battle. Join us, and your thirst will be quenched with a battle never to be forgotten, whether won or lost.”Tuma looked intrigued by this. “You speak like a warrior. I will consider your offer.”“Okay then.” Pirok said, giving a small bow and stepping back. “We fight at sunset.”“Sunset?” Tuma growled. “Only a fool would fight in the dark!”“Well, I guess we won’t have to expect any resistance then.”- - -Pirok stood at the top of a hill, looking down at the Mystix castle. He raised his hand, and beams of heat came from it, burning the sign of the Virtues into the ground.“Let this day live on forever.”Raanu stepped up beside him. “We Agori are not the strongest of beings, but with the help of the Glatorian and our own bravery we shall fight.”Stronius then walked over as well.“Half of the Skrall are going to take the tunnel in.”“Good.” Pirok raised his hand, preparing himself to give the signal.- - -Laz looked out of a window at the hill. It was an impressive sight; Agori, Glatorian, and Skrall alike, silhouetted against a blood-red sky, the swords and shields glinting as they readied themselves for the charge down the hill. He lifted his microphone once more.“Prepare. When they give the signal, you charge forward. Take no prisoners.- - -Incommodo stood before the tunnel entrance, a large number of Skrall soldiers behind him.“We go on my command.” He said, preparing to charge through the tunnel.- - -The Matoran walked through the tunnels that criss-crossed below the surface of Spherus Magna. He saw a cavern up ahead which glowed with a strange red light. Entering, he saw Vorex before him.“Our fight has lasted too long. The blood of innocents has been spilled one time too many. It’s time for this story to reach its conclusion.”“Quite.” Vorex stood, ready to fight. “While the blood of the ones above spills, so too will ours. The irony of the final battle.”- - -The places were at last taken, every rule broken to set up a final fight. The two kings, of shadow and of light, met while the pawns fought above them, for one final stand, the finish of a war that had lasted millennia.The end had begun.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Chapter 21: Pirok looked around, his hand still in the air.“ATTACK!” A stream of flame flew from his hand into the air, and the terrible painting that had been the army against the red sky erupted into chaos.- - -The Skrall ran forward through the tunnel, Incommodo using his powers to levitate above them. The tunnel was full of the clinking of armour, the armour of the Skrall as red as the blood that would be spilt as the Mystix ran towards them. They knew we were coming...- - -Pirok ducked under the punch of a Mystix, before elbowing them in the chin, and turning to throw a fireball into another’s face. He took the time to look around, and saw that the army was failing. No. We can’t lose. Not now.He ran forwards at the Mystix castle, completely aflame, burning through any guard foolish enough to come close.As he reached the wooden doors, he burnt through those too, and took the path to Ignotus’ throne room, only to find the doors locked.“Now, now.” Laz said, walking out. “We can’t have that, can we?”Air began to swirl around the teal Mystix, as he got into a stance which would allow him to fight. “So, do you think you have a chance against me?”- - -Incommodo threw Mystix against each other, crushed them in their armour, and basically did anything he could with his elemental powers to defeat them and get to the throne room.He flew up through the dungeon, and landed on a platform. Running through the corridors, he found a second entrance to Ignotus’ throne room, and walked in to find him looking out the window at the battle taking place outside.“It’s interesting, isn’t it.” The Mystix said, not looking at Incommodo. “Lives that never should have happened still being lost.”“Well, I’ll be sure to add your name to the list.” Incommodo stood, his blades in his hands.“Let’s make this a fair fight.” Ignotus used magnetism to steal one of Incommodo’s blades.“Thankyou for that.”“For what?”“Telling me where the disk was.”“But I didn’t.”“Yes, you did. You didn’t the first time I said it, though, but you glanced at its location when I said you had told me it.” Incommodo ran across the room, and used his powers to break open a safe, and take out the disk.“You wouldn’t.”“Oh, I would.” Incommodo held the disk. A purple symbol had emerged from it, due to it’s being active. “I assume that, if I push this down, your whole universe is going to disappear.”“And what if it does? I can do this all over again.”- - -Laz took out a gun. “It’s over. You can do nothing.”“You sure?” Pirok ran at Laz, and began trying to fight hand-to-hand.Laz, however, pushed him back with his power over air. “Yes, I am.”“Well, there’s only one flaw in your plan.”“Really? What is it, then?”“I have your gun.”Laz looked down, and saw that Pirok was indeed holding his gun. “Oh.”The teal Mystix fell to the ground as the beam went through him, killing him instantly.- - -The Matoran stood before Vorex.“You can kill me now.” Vorex said. “But if you do, I will become more powerful than you can imagine.”“That’s a risk I’m willing to take.” The Matoran ran forward at Vorex, screaming, and pushed him into a pool of magma that had lit the room.“Wha- What? No! You can’t do this!” Vorex was slowly sucked down into the bubbling orange-red liquid. “I’m... I’m melting!”Vorex’s head was the last part to go, with one final scream of ‘VENGEANCE’.- - -Ignotus ran forward at Incommodo as he pressed down on the symbol and the world crumbled around them. “It’s over. You’ve lost.”A bright white light filled everything, and when it was gone, they were in a cavern.“No!” Ignotus ran forward at Incommodo, but he was too fast, escaping the cavern just as Ignotus’ knife became stuck in a wooden door which materialised in the entrance.And in a flash of purple light, Incommodo was gone.- - -Ignotus used magnetism to pull the blade back out of the door, which crumbled away in front of him.The blade had prevented the seal forming, so Ignotus was safe.“Fools! You think you can defeat me! I am Ignotus! I am emperor of the Mystix! I AM ETERNAL!” Suddenly, the ground below Ignotus jerked, and he looked down to see cracks forming on the surface. “Eh?”- - -As the Mata-Nui robot rose out of the ocean of Aqua Magna, Ignotus was swept into the ocean on a fragment of Mata-Nui as the robot’s face pushed through the island.The battle was over. The Mystix had been defeated.But the war had yet to conclude...

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Epilogue:A yellow and red Toa stood before the Ignika’s pedestal. The most powerful known mask in the universe, and he could almost touch it... only five layers of glass lay between him and ultimate power. He reached out, pressing his palm against the glass, which began to crack around his fingers. No, he thought, pulling his hand away; Not now. Not yet.He pulled out a small device, with three buttons on it. He hummed as he pressed the first button.- - -A lone guard sat in the prison’s security centre, half asleep, with a mug of tea in front of him. Suddenly, the screens in front of him flickered and turned black.“Huh?” The security guard stood up to check the screens, but was thrown off his feet as a massive explosion rocked the building.- - -The Toa heard the explosion, but only due to the hearing that came with being a Toa of Sonics. No-one seemed to have noticed just yet. They all seemed to be focusing on a nearby screen, which was showing the news. Something about a detective being unjustly imprisoned. Boring.He looked down, and pressed the second button.- - -The Glatorian sat on a chair in his office, staring boredly into space, piles of paperwork in front of him. An Agori walked into his office.“Sir, there’s been a mistake somewhere, the amount of money in the safe doesn’t match up to the amount that was put in it.”The Glatorian looked up.“Tell no-one nothing and I won’t fire you.” He then sat back, and began staring into space yet again, dreaming of the large home he had bought with the missing money.“Sir, have you been doing anything... illegal?” The Agori barely got time to finish what he was saying as the building was blown apart.- - -This time, a few more people heard the explosion, and began glancing around, nervously. The Toa took this moment to walk out.However, just as he left, he was confronted by a number of guards.“Excuse me, you’re gonna have to come with us.” One of the guards stepped forward.“I am, am I?” The Toa looked amused.“Sir, he’s using a Mahiki.” A guard wearing a Rode said.“Oh, sorry about that.” The Toa’s appearance immediately changed, to become almost completely black, with some silver, and a Shelek for a mask. “This better?”“You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be held against you.”“What about this: BOOM.” As the Toa pressed the third button, the building erupted into a ball of flame behind the guards. He then sent out a powerful wave of sound, killing the guards, and causing enough damage to the building’s structure that it collapsed completely. “Oops.”And as he walked away from the scene, unnoticed, Reichenbach smiled. Edited by Paradoxophobia

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]